Starting an Atheist class in Richmond
Randle Chance

Richmond, KY

#147 May 5, 2012
ophan wrote:
<quoted text>um have you ever heard of stalin? pol-pot? or kim jong-il?
you'll even find atheists in prisons.
it's not the title, or the aptitude.
it's more about attitude.
the clothes do not make the man, even a sharp dressed one.
I agree that you may find atheists in prison and that the clothes don't make the person but you bring up Stalin. I bring up Hitler. read Meine Kaumpf. Hitler was not an atheist. For every atheist you can find that has done wrong I can offer you 100 Christians.
Well

Ironton, OH

#148 May 5, 2012
Randle Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel most religious people fail to realize that atheists, deists and agnostic people hold a high set or morals, they believe in the same ideal rules as the ten commandments. In stead of"Thou shalt not kill" the atheist might say. People should not kill, people should not rape, people should not steal, etc. The lack of understanding is the fear that we can clearly see here.
We do not sit around criticizing the bible unless confronted by religious people who are trying to force the dogma down our throats. I am not an atheist, rather I choose to be agnostic leaning on the side of a deist. I would ask all Christians to leave us be, we are free to believe what we want to believe. Your prayers for us will not be heard. If you believe in the literal translation of the bible. Once a person questions his or her belief they can never be taken through the pearly gates. So while we appreciate your prayers I fear they fall on deaf ears. Ultimately you are wasting your time.
Most atheist believe in life and the understanding and meaning of it. They believe in physics, and hard evidence. Is there anything wrong with that? Can you chastise man for wanting the facts and basing his life on solid rock. Mathew7:24-27 24"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against the house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."
If we examine the bible for the message and teachings we can see some good ideas. We can also find repression and oppression. I believe if you take out all the bad, and mystical and replace it with just the teachings you will find the real meaning of the bible and not the dogma presented to control the masses. I would ask all the critics to look at Thomas Jefferson's Bible. He took out all the mystic, supernaturals and superstitious and left only the teachings of Jesus Christ. Or what some may define as the true message of the times.
How does a government control a large variety of religious people and practices? They must bend , twist and and censor. Doing this helps the people to come to a common ground. In a time and place where numerous religions clash there is always a compromise. I also encourage all Christians to watch Zeitgeist(you tube). It is not a sin to know the argument of your enemy, to know the message of your enemy provides you with the knowledge to confront them to challenge them. There is nothing wrong with faith, just the byproduct of faith the occurs in radicals, the radicals are of all religions and non religions.
LOL. Another post that has nothing to do with Hippocrates.
"Hippocrates,(born c. 460 bc , island of Cos, Greece—died c. 375 , Larissa, Thessaly), ancient Greek physician who lived during Greece’s Classical period and is traditionally regarded as the father of medicine. It is difficult to isolate the facts of Hippocrates’ life from the later tales told about him or to assess his medicine accurately in the face of centuries of reverence for him as the ideal physician. About 60 medical writings have survived that bear his name, most of which were not written by him. He has been revered for his ethical standards in medical practice, mainly for the Hippocratic Oath, which, it is suspected, he did not write."
John the anti baptist

Richmond, KY

#149 May 6, 2012
I would like to take a shot at the multi million dollar embarressment to the state of kentucky called the creation musemum. It portrays humans and dinasours living together.I call it the fred and wilma musemum. This is all we need to make us all look like a bunch of idiots.I expect to see an addtion made to the park called the flat earth exibit next.
Well

Ironton, OH

#150 May 6, 2012
John the anti baptist wrote:
I would like to take a shot at the multi million dollar embarressment to the state of kentucky called the creation musemum. It portrays humans and dinasours living together.I call it the fred and wilma musemum. This is all we need to make us all look like a bunch of idiots.I expect to see an addtion made to the park called the flat earth exibit next.
It is known that while Hippocrates was alive, he was admired as a physician and teacher. His younger contemporary Plato referred to him twice. In the Protagoras Plato called Hippocrates “the Asclepiad of Cos” who taught students for fees, and he implied that Hippocrates was as well known as a physician as Polyclitus and Phidias were as sculptors. It is now widely accepted that an “Asclepiad” was not a temple priest or a member of a physicians’ guild but instead was a physician belonging to a family that had produced well-known physicians for generations. Plato’s second reference occurs in the Phaedrus, in which Hippocrates is referred to as a famous Asclepiad who had a philosophical approach to medicine.
bleh

United States

#151 May 6, 2012
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
It is known that while Hippocrates was alive, he was admired as a physician and teacher. His younger contemporary Plato referred to him twice. In the Protagoras Plato called Hippocrates “the Asclepiad of Cos” who taught students for fees, and he implied that Hippocrates was as well known as a physician as Polyclitus and Phidias were as sculptors. It is now widely accepted that an “Asclepiad” was not a temple priest or a member of a physicians’ guild but instead was a physician belonging to a family that had produced well-known physicians for generations. Plato’s second reference occurs in the Phaedrus, in which Hippocrates is referred to as a famous Asclepiad who had a philosophical approach to medicine.
yay. you get the merit badges for "grammar nazi" "dead horse beating" & "off-topic, cut n' paste jedi master." way to go, champ.
helenmcfelon

Richmond, KY

#152 May 6, 2012
Its hard to beleive in a god that has such a retarded fan club
John the anti baptist

Richmond, KY

#153 May 6, 2012
I would like to teach one of those classes.My class would be called "Do not fear the boogy man".
Well

Ironton, OH

#154 May 7, 2012
bleh wrote:
<quoted text>yay. you get the merit badges for "grammar nazi" "dead horse beating" & "off-topic, cut n' paste jedi master." way to go, champ.
Aww, thanks!=)
Meno, a pupil of Aristotle, specifically stated in his history of medicine the views of Hippocrates on the causation of diseases, namely, that undigested residues were produced by unsuitable diet and that these residues excreted vapours, which passed into the body generally and produced diseases. Aristotle said that Hippocrates was called “the Great Physician” but that he was small in stature (Politics).
John the anti baptist

Richmond, KY

#155 May 8, 2012
What in the name of zeus"es butt hole does all this greek shit have to do with atheists?
Areatha Richardson

Richmond, VA

#156 Apr 19, 2013
Hi, I am very much interested. I see that this post is from 2008 but I thought maybe you have one up and going by now. If not Im still interested in learning facts. I have "seen the light" and I see the bible and all religion for the nonsense that it is. I am a 29 year old black female. Please respond with any info or a number I can call you at. Also, you can email me at [email protected] Thanks!
concerned christian

United States

#157 Apr 21, 2013
I am a Christian that goes to church every Sunday. I am just 16 years old and I sin just about every day. Sometimes it seems like god isn't there but all I ask is for you to give him a chance. Trust me. It's worth it.
Trololo

Clay City, KY

#158 May 16, 2013
If it were real I would attend. But good job. ^^ Makes my day reading about people bitching about something that doesn't even concern them. You are either the Troll King or dead serious. Either way I like you. :D
Atheist

Winchester, KY

#159 Jun 23, 2013
I'd love to meet other atheists and people that have fallen out of religion. It's so hard to find around here. We should start a forum or something. Or someone send me some information :)

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#161 Jun 25, 2013
Maybe you should give Allah a chance or Zeus, Thor or Ahura Mazda?
concerned christian wrote:
I am a Christian that goes to church every Sunday. I am just 16 years old and I sin just about every day. Sometimes it seems like god isn't there but all I ask is for you to give him a chance. Trust me. It's worth it.
Colonel mustard

Richmond, KY

#162 Jun 27, 2013
I thought about going atheist, but they do not have any holidays.

Location hidden

#163 Jun 27, 2013
There's nothing stupid about the 4th of July.
Colonel mustard wrote:
I thought about going atheist, but they do not have any holidays.
Colonel mustard

Richmond, KY

#164 Jun 27, 2013
Anti-theist wrote:
Maybe you should give Allah a chance or Zeus, Thor or Ahura Mazda?
<quoted text>
Do not forget ODIN.If you die with a sword in your hand you go to vallaha.

Location hidden

#165 Jun 27, 2013
Hmmmm, does Odin accept Samurai too?
Colonel mustard wrote:
<quoted text>Do not forget ODIN.If you die with a sword in your hand you go to vallaha.
icover

Ironton, OH

#166 Sep 1, 2013
what would be taught....besides nothing...get it? get it?
good without god

Ironton, OH

#167 Sep 6, 2013
I like how us atheist people get told we are going to an imaginary place of fire. Just because I am not a beliver. Not only do I not belive in the christian god, I do not believe in the muslim god, nor budda, nor thor, I damn sure don't belive in a devil. But here is one thing I am proud of, and that is knowing that I don't have to follow a book to validate to myself that I have morals. I don't need an instruction manual for life. Again, just remember, be kind to one another despite beliefs. Help one another. Helping hands make a larger difference than praying lips.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Uncle Ben 169,943
Amanda Lawson (May '17) 21 min David Hopkins 10
Pedo War in Richmond 1 hr Detroit Live 10
~*~ Last Post WINS ~*~ (Oct '11) 1 hr Doobie Time 5,437
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 1 hr Doobie Time 42,542
Hottest female teachers at Madison Central (Dec '09) 3 hr You are a retard 24
A Trip To Stately Wayne Manor and Fisherman's W... 8 hr translation 2,652

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages