Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

Judged:

read all about it in todays richmond register. this place is terrible to the sick and old. If the general public had a family member or any one that was sick , old or disabled at their home and was responsible for their care and abused, neglected or starved them to death, the county prosecutor would step in and file criminal charges. Why not do that in the situation at Madison Manor? evidently civil court does not bother them. I say charge the whole bunch, criminally.
meto

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

Judged:

I agree, they should file criminal charges against all those people at that nursing home.
tired of it

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2010

This place needs to be shut down!! every time state comes in to investigate abuse and neglect, they do everything by the book, they make sure that they have enough nurse aids, and nurses, and make it smell and look really good, but as soon as state is gone, everything goes to hell there, RELATIVES SHOULD CHECK ON THEIR LOVED ONES THERE MORE OFTEN, SUPRISE VISITS, THEY MIGHT BE SUPRISED BY HOW UNDER STAFFED IT IS , AND HOW NASTY IT IT. its so sad!!!
I agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

That place is disgusting. Its really sad to see how they treat people in there. And the smell..........OMG it is horrible!!!
former 3rd shifter

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

The family needs to start popping in on 3rd shift (11pm-7am) The residents get checked on maybe 1 time if they are lucky. I used to work at kenwood and it is no better but they sent me to mad manor on 3rd shift a couple times because there were so many call ins. the aids and the nurses spent most of the night outside smoking. the residents are dragged out of bed as early as 4 am sometimes and are dressed hours before they are to get up for breakfast so it wont take the lazy aids so long to get them up. this happened at kenwood while i was there too. :(
crazy white boy2

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

former 3rd shifter wrote:
The family needs to start popping in on 3rd shift (11pm-7am) The residents get checked on maybe 1 time if they are lucky. I used to work at kenwood and it is no better but they sent me to mad manor on 3rd shift a couple times because there were so many call ins. the aids and the nurses spent most of the night outside smoking. the residents are dragged out of bed as early as 4 am sometimes and are dressed hours before they are to get up for breakfast so it wont take the lazy aids so long to get them up. this happened at kenwood while i was there too.:(
ok so why are you bitching about it on here instead of at the sheriff's office or to a state worker? That's why nothing ever gets done people just run their mouth and never take any action.
former 3rd shifter

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

crazy white boy2 wrote:
<quoted text>
ok so why are you bitching about it on here instead of at the sheriff's office or to a state worker? That's why nothing ever gets done people just run their mouth and never take any action.
For your info, I informed state and the ombudsman for those nursing homes and numerous occasions and nothing was done. I also informed the administrators and DON's at both facilities and again, nothing was done. There is nothing the sheriff can do because there is no hard proof. Ultimately it will be up to the families to put hidden cameras in their loved ones rooms so that they can have proof and proceed from there.
put cams in

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

Please families put cameras in your love ones rooms, and catch what goes on!!! thats the only way this crap will STOP!!!
use to work there

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

former 3rd shifter wrote:
The family needs to start popping in on 3rd shift (11pm-7am) The residents get checked on maybe 1 time if they are lucky. I used to work at kenwood and it is no better but they sent me to mad manor on 3rd shift a couple times because there were so many call ins. the aids and the nurses spent most of the night outside smoking. the residents are dragged out of bed as early as 4 am sometimes and are dressed hours before they are to get up for breakfast so it wont take the lazy aids so long to get them up. this happened at kenwood while i was there too.:(
I agree with this third shift worker. i will tell you this i only worked the third shift once and it was horrible.. i have never worked in a nursing home but this one in ky and i will tell ya they do not know what morning care is.. i was disgusted so i never worked that shift again.. they dont wash hands or face or even there dirty bottoms..they slap a new breif on and throw clothes on em.. maybe even put a comb thur there hair if ur lucky.. when i was there i took pride in my work cuz after all it is a reflection on me..
put cams in

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2011

put cams in wrote:
Please families put cameras in your love ones rooms, and catch what goes on!!! thats the only way this crap will STOP!!!
There was a full page ad in the Register today for the attorney that is filing a lawsuit.they have several cases already and are asking anyone that has had or does have a relative there that has been abused or neglected to call them for a free consultation. the number is 800-255-5070. it is the law firm of WILKES & MCHUGH IN LEXINGTON.tHIS IS FOR MADISON MANOR AND KENWOOD HOUSE.sO CALL IF YOU HAVE A LOVED ONE THERE OR SPREAD THE WORD TO ANYONE THAT MAY NEED THIA INFORMATION.
So sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

We have absolutely discarded our elderly like yesterdays trash. One can only hope that when these nurses and aides become too feeble to care for themselves one day, their families will commit them to the worst facility possible. I pray I never need care that I, or my family, can't provide for me.
Its terrible

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

I spoke with an investigator the other day about a Mad Manor case. I will have to appear in court in a few weeks and testify on behalf of the prosecution. I can't wait to lay it on them. The investigator was SHOCKED when he found out that there are 15 cases against Madison right now.
well

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

crazy white boy2 wrote:
<quoted text>
they hire several people at madison manor just to keep up with paperwork. they make sure all the bases are covered. halfthe time they do not document. go to court and it is their word against the person. so if you have medical records then you are ok. wish they would have to install cameras in every room.
well

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Its terrible wrote:
I spoke with an investigator the other day about a Mad Manor case. I will have to appear in court in a few weeks and testify on behalf of the prosecution. I can't wait to lay it on them. The investigator was SHOCKED when he found out that there are 15 cases against Madison right now.
I hope this will help and I thank you for coming forward. These people are pitiful to have to depend on this lazy bunch to take care of them. We take care of and protect criminals more than our old people. Even prisoners have their rights and all incidents get recorded by camera.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

102 Users are viewing the Richmond Forum right now

Search the Richmond Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 13 min greggg hobby 16,068
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min ChromiuMan 122,724
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 17 min hum 81,200
Word Association (Jul '10) 20 min Jennifer Renee 17,285
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 21 min Jennifer Renee 15,048
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 24 min Jennifer Renee 26,770
child visitation 29 min john 3
•••
•••
•••
Richmond Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••