First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CuriousKY

Lexington, KY

#1 Feb 3, 2012
Anyone have kids at Madison Middle? Have heard so much..a little concerned about sending my kid there, but district there.
FYI

Winchester, KY

#2 Feb 3, 2012
My son went there 6th thru 8th and we loved it. The teachers and the staff were great. My youngest will not get to go there due to the redistrict they did a few years ago, wishing he would get to go there since we are so familiar with the school and the staff. If you have concerns just call the school and also get involved at the school. Good Luck!!
oh no !

Herndon, VA

#3 Feb 4, 2012
If you rent move. If you own. Sorry about your luck!
T-Man

United States

#4 Feb 4, 2012
Madison middle is a is a pretty good school my son goes there know it gets a bad rep from other people talking. I even went there when it was a middle school and high school. Teachers aregood but just like all the other schools there are some teachers that nobody want. But in general its a good school
parent

Richmond, KY

#5 Feb 5, 2012
They didn't meet their AYP AGAIN for like the 6th year. You can opt to send them to another school because of this. I would if I were you.
nono

Somerset, KY

#6 Feb 5, 2012
This school is a GHETTO school. Disrespectful kids. Poor administration. Caudill got all of the good kids.Your better kids at Whitehall, Suicide El. and Daniel Boone go to Caudill. Bad ones go to MAD Middle.
no-not mm

Richmond, KY

#7 Feb 5, 2012
daniel boone goes to clark moore.great school! when to madison middle one year and hated it
Hmmm

Winchester, KY

#8 Feb 5, 2012
Daniel Boone does go to Clark Moore. Madison Middle is not a "ghetto school", just because Caudill is a new school does not make the kids behave better, just as many punk kids in that school as in the other two middle schools. I can see your level of respect by the way you address Marshall Elementary, how sad for you.
bing

United States

#9 Feb 8, 2012
My kids attended MMS and had a great experience. The staff was great and my kids received a great education. The concept of it being a "ghetto" school is unfair and unfounded. It is a great school.
sorry

Kittanning, PA

#10 Feb 8, 2012
The kids in the old Richmond Ky city limits go to Madison Middle AKA GHETTO SCHOOL. A former drunk used to run it. Now another loser runs it. Robbie and Bel Riley run it. These 2 loved each other when married to someone else.
parent

Richmond, KY

#11 Feb 8, 2012
Hands down Clark Moores is the best. Only Waco and Daniel Boone get to go there though
bing

United States

#12 Feb 8, 2012
Sorry, not from madison county and have no idea what the old Richmond, Ky city limits are. Just have children that attended Madison and loved it.
sorry

Kittanning, PA

#13 Feb 9, 2012
MMS has town kids. Apartments. Town houses. Go figuure. Reminds me of Detroit or Cleveland inside. Rural kids are better.
Sick

Nicholasville, KY

#14 Feb 10, 2012
Most teachers at MMS are great, most kids are good kids. However, the principal is a perverted joke.
Should have given the job to Scott Anderson.
susanna

Hueysville, KY

#15 Feb 10, 2012
Ok I had a child in Clark Moores and 1 in Madison Middle, I can tell you this much Clark Moores staff our rude and judgemental! MMS is a good school!! My kids make straight A's by the way . To the one that called MMS ghetto..Are u living in the 50's? Get with the program man !!!! We have a black President now, Racism is all I hear when I read you post!!!!! Damn Biggots!
information

Richmond, KY

#16 Feb 10, 2012
some of the so called city kids also go to Caudill. Robinson Terrace a city housing for low income go to caudill.
sorry

Somerset, KY

#17 Feb 10, 2012
We have a 1/2 white president.His mom is lillie white.
really?

Richmond, KY

#18 Feb 11, 2012
susanna wrote:
Ok I had a child in Clark Moores and 1 in Madison Middle, I can tell you this much Clark Moores staff our rude and judgemental! MMS is a good school!! My kids make straight A's by the way . To the one that called MMS ghetto..Are u living in the 50's? Get with the program man !!!! We have a black President now, Racism is all I hear when I read you post!!!!! Damn Biggots!
Sounds like you could have a racial chip on your shoulder. "Ghetto" doesn't refer to only blacks. It refers to the group of low income people who don't want to try to better themselves. There are just as many whites who are ghetto.
oh susanna!

Richmond, KY

#19 Feb 11, 2012
susanna wrote:
Poor girl! Just because the teachers at Clark Moores have high standards, hold their kids to those standards, and don't take crap off of anyone doesn't mean they're rude and judgmental. It means they are doing their job.
Susanna

Hueysville, KY

#20 Feb 12, 2012
[QUOTE who="really?"]<qu oted text>
Sounds like you could have a racial chip on your shoulder. "Ghetto" doesn't refer to only blacks. It refers to the group of low income people who don't want to try to better themselves. There are just as many whites who are ghetto.[/QUOTE] I am black myself So now what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 7 min texas pete 38,065
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 22 min Don Barros Serrano 148,961
Chris baker 55 min Anne 2
Let's Halt or Reverse Our Landslides 2 hr You Dork 72
Tonetta Hoevenaar (Mar '15) 2 hr old friend 79
True love 2 hr Sue 8
manhattan club (Apr '15) 3 hr Done 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages