Teacher2

United States

#229 Jun 9, 2011
Single Malt wrote:
For cryin out loud. Do a little checking and you'll find that to hire a super for a county this size with the proper creds (education and experience) Floyd is still a bargain. What do you think you would pay a quaified replacement?
To clarify my own post, this is in response to the most common defense of providing those at central office with a pay increase...

Regardless, I don't believe that "cheap" is the only requirement for the position. 
Teacher2 | 12 hrs ago | Reply
Regardless, I don't believe that "cheap" is the only requirement for the position. 
Frank

Tolar, TX

#230 Jun 9, 2011
Single Malt wrote:
For cryin out loud. Do a little checking and you'll find that to hire a super for a county this size with the proper creds (education and experience) Floyd is still a bargain. What do you think you would pay a quaified replacement?
Single Malt,
You need to do some checking on this website:
http://www.education.ky.gov/kde/administrativ ...
You will see that the majority of the superintendents in Kentucky make a heck of a lot less than Tommy Floyd takes home in his paycheck. It lists his salary as:$139,849. This website is from the Ky. Dept of Education....so the information should be valid. Thanks to whoever dug this up!!
Wade

Richmond, KY

#231 Jun 9, 2011
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Single Malt,
You will see that the majority of the superintendents in Kentucky make a heck of a lot less than Tommy Floyd takes home in his paycheck. It lists his salary as:$139,849. This website is from the Ky. Dept of Education....so the information should be valid. Thanks to whoever dug this up!!
Does the salary shown include his annuity package,his performance incentive package, the vehicle provided for him and the other perks that have been discussed? While there is no proof of any of that it is never the less highly suspected. I think you will find 139,000 is just the start. I truly do not care what he makes nor do I blame him but I think it is a disgrace to give him all of this and not a penny in raises for the people doing the work.
Wondering

Richmond, KY

#232 Jun 9, 2011
Wade wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the salary shown include his annuity package,his performance incentive package, the vehicle provided for him and the other perks that have been discussed? While there is no proof of any of that it is never the less highly suspected. I think you will find 139,000 is just the start. I truly do not care what he makes nor do I blame him but I think it is a disgrace to give him all of this and not a penny in raises for the people doing the work.
AMEN TO THAT
Frank

Tolar, TX

#233 Jun 9, 2011
Wade wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a very good question. I seriously doubt that the salary shown includes all the "perks" that you mentioned....which would mean that the dollar amount listed would just be the tip of the iceberg.
I agree 100% that it is a disgrace to give Tommy Floyd all of this and not a penny in raises for the other employees of the Madison County Schools.
Mary

United States

#234 Jun 9, 2011
?
Bill

Winchester, KY

#235 Jun 9, 2011
Mary wrote:
?
What does that mean?
Single Malt

Lexington, KY

#236 Jun 9, 2011
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Single Malt,
Thanks for the info Frank. Additional review of the sight shows the following: With the increase Mr. Floyd would rank 6th instead of 7th by salary in the top 8 largest counties and most don't have 2 major cities/towns. For the teachers: The AVERAGE salary for Madison County is $48,320. It appears that the break point is at the 10 year mark with Step/Rank I & II teachers at @$53,500. Check page 433 of the Certified listing to see how many actually make more than $50,000. Additional note: Teacher salaries for Madison County have increased 22.5% against the average since 2002.
Invested

Richmond, KY

#237 Jun 10, 2011
Single Malt wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the info Frank. Additional review of the sight shows the following: With the increase Mr. Floyd would rank 6th instead of 7th by salary in the top 8 largest counties and most don't have 2 major cities/towns. For the teachers: The AVERAGE salary for Madison County is $48,320. It appears that the break point is at the 10 year mark with Step/Rank I & II teachers at @$53,500. Check page 433 of the Certified listing to see how many actually make more than $50,000. Additional note: Teacher salaries for Madison County have increased 22.5% against the average since 2002.
Tom
Mr. Floyd is the laughing stock of other districts. It is unheard of to have 6 assistant superintendents! I can't wait until the paper prints all of their salaries. The community has no idea what they are paying for while the schools can no longer have nurses full time. It's going to be great... Watch the fireworks when they learn the truth! A bunch of men lining their pockets at Central Office and it has nothing to do with students!
Invested

Richmond, KY

#238 Jun 10, 2011
Invested wrote:
<quoted text>Tom
Mr. Floyd is the laughing stock of other districts. It is unheard of to have 6 assistant superintendents! I can't wait until the paper prints all of their salaries. The community has no idea what they are paying for while the schools can no longer have nurses full time. It's going to be great... Watch the fireworks when they learn the truth! A bunch of men lining their pockets at Central Office and it has nothing to do with students!
I apologize for starting my response to Single Malt with "Tom"; it was disrespectful and completely on accident. Freudian slip!
crazy

Berea, KY

#239 Jun 10, 2011
What i don't understand is why they are pink slipping so many teachers and paying those fools in central office so much money. My daughter will be in 8th grade at Foley next year, and I was told that many teachers have been given pink slips. With that said, why did they hire out of state teachers to teach at Farristown, and not let those at Foley get the job. It is crazy to me. Also, you would think that with the new middle school being built that the class size ( student to teacher ratio) would be better. WRONG!!! Most classes will still have on average 32 kids. Why even waste our tax payer money to build this new school, if the teachers still have to teach way to many kids. And don't get me started on how pitiful the remodel of Southern was. In 2 years it will still be to small.
Invested

Elgin, TX

#240 Jun 10, 2011
crazy wrote:
What i don't understand is why they are pink slipping so many teachers and paying those fools in central office so much money. My daughter will be in 8th grade at Foley next year, and I was told that many teachers have been given pink slips. With that said, why did they hire out of state teachers to teach at Farristown, and not let those at Foley get the job. It is crazy to me. Also, you would think that with the new middle school being built that the class size ( student to teacher ratio) would be better. WRONG!!! Most classes will still have on average 32 kids. Why even waste our tax payer money to build this new school, if the teachers still have to teach way to many kids. And don't get me started on how pitiful the remodel of Southern was. In 2 years it will still be to small.
They hire outside of the community because Floyd has no loyalty to the people of Madison County. Look at the people he has brought in because he has no confidence in anyone locally. Two of his assistant jobs went to men he met while working for KDE. Wake up Madison County, we are Tommy Floyd's stepping stone.
Walter

Winchester, KY

#241 Jun 10, 2011
Walter wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry to say that Pandora's box has been opened and I fear will never be closed again. The bottom line is this started with the hiring of Mike Caudill and while I know people think he walked on water I do not. The man was the same master manipulator Tommy Floyd is. He could charm the birds out of the trees and was highly intelligent. I want to know one thing he actually did for this county. Poor man died a horrible death all the while on the school payroll. I am sorry for that but only because he was so personable was that allowed. He once said that he would change the face of Madison County Schools and bring in "out of towners." Boy did he accompolish that. Tommy Floyd was one of his people and Tommy Floyd has continued to bring them in. The issue is that he is not nearly as intelligent as Mike Caudill and needed people like Peffer to carry the intelligence factor and people like Mr. Marshall to do the financial component. Peffer does not have the personality but together they can rule. It is all very sad but we opened this door and it will not be shut. The real bottom line is it shows the mentality of the board and how easily they have been manipulated. I cannot believe that a president of a university would fall for the used car salesman BS that Floyd spews and do this.
Wake up Madison County and realize that your board does not think there is anybody here with enough sense to do any of these jobs. That is what they and Floyd think of all of us.
This is an explanation as to why people are pink slipped and others brought in. As I said previously they do not want any local connection. They think if they bring in outsiders they will be more loyal and will do as they are told in a more compliant way.
There is nothing wrong with people coming in but what is wrong is to come in at the expense of others. I don't think personnel issues is really what is being discussed here but rather the spending of tax dollars in a way that does not reflect the needs or financial times Madison County people are experiencing.
Carla

Nicholasville, KY

#242 Jun 10, 2011
Walter wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an explanation as to why people are pink slipped and others brought in. As I said previously they do not want any local connection. They think if they bring in outsiders they will be more loyal and will do as they are told in a more compliant way.
There is nothing wrong with people coming in but what is wrong is to come in at the expense of others. I don't think personnel issues is really what is being discussed here but rather the spending of tax dollars in a way that does not reflect the needs or financial times Madison County people are experiencing.
Once again, Walter hits the nail on the head! Way to go, Walter!!
Coach Floyd lmao

United States

#243 Jun 10, 2011
When Tommy taught school in Somerset, he would kiss a$$ to certain kids in class and even pick on geeks to gain favor with certain students. These students had parents who could help Tommy with his ambitions.
Never got that head coaching job, but I guess the jokes on all of us now.

Oh heck, Tommy Floyd for president!!!
George

Lexington, KY

#244 Jun 10, 2011
I had always heard that Madison County was "loaded" with assistant superintendents. Now, I know exactly who they are: Randy Peffer, Kevin Hub, Karen Frohoff, Glenn Marshall and Marvin Welch. I found the information on the back of Madison Southern's graduation program.
1 superintendent + 5 assistant superintendents = too much tax payer money!!
Invested

Elgin, TX

#245 Jun 10, 2011
George wrote:
I had always heard that Madison County was "loaded" with assistant superintendents. Now, I know exactly who they are: Randy Peffer, Kevin Hub, Karen Frohoff, Glenn Marshall and Marvin Welch. I found the information on the back of Madison Southern's graduation program.
1 superintendent + 5 assistant superintendents = too much tax payer money!!
That doesn't count all the "other" important jobs like Mr Neely's and they have a new technology job that just posted. We need to speak up somewhere besides just Topix.
Carla

Lexington, KY

#246 Jun 10, 2011
Invested wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't count all the "other" important jobs like Mr Neely's and they have a new technology job that just posted. We need to speak up somewhere besides just Topix.
I agree. This is some of the other central office staff and their "titles" from the school website: Gina Lakes-Director of Professional Development, Randy Neeley-Director of Pupil Personnel, Kathy Holland Director of School Improvement and English Second Language and Mendy Mills-Instructional Supervisor. Add these to Tommy Floyd and his 5 assistant superintendents and that = 10 people there drawing big salaries. Plus, the others that were not mentioned.
Invested

Richmond, KY

#247 Jun 10, 2011
Carla wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. This is some of the other central office staff and their "titles" from the school website: Gina Lakes-Director of Professional Development, Randy Neeley-Director of Pupil Personnel, Kathy Holland Director of School Improvement and English Second Language and Mendy Mills-Instructional Supervisor. Add these to Tommy Floyd and his 5 assistant superintendents and that = 10 people there drawing big salaries. Plus, the others that were not mentioned.
You forgot Amy Ramage, Assessment Coordinator, oh and we haven't even mentioned the people who handle the technology. And don't forget Jesse Ward, the retired principal from Southern...drawing retirement and being paid by the county to run around and take pictures, and put them on channel 9, but if your kid cracks his head open on the playground, good luck. They had to let the damn school nurses go. Did he think we would never notice?
Question

Richmond, KY

#248 Jun 10, 2011
I am so glad I have no children in the school system. I do wonder why, since this guy is such an obvious screw up, the parents have not went to the board meeting and demanded he be replaced?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr stray-cat 132,233
A hole list 1 hr Mike 3
I want to help!! 1 hr David 21
where was steven burton when he overdose d on h... 3 hr undertaker 1
John Baudendistel (A Hole) 6 hr The Dude 11
Kasey Renfro 6 hr meee 5
Gay Hustler Hollywood at Richmond Center (Jul '10) 8 hr iknow 56
Richmond Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web