First Prev
of 25
Next Last
watching

Richmond, KY

#1 Apr 22, 2011
I well tell you now that if you do not give up your raise then we all in this county will understand what type of person you are.You son told me at school that he thinks you should not accepct the raise.
whatever

Richmond, KY

#2 Apr 22, 2011
watching wrote:
I well tell you now that if you do not give up your raise then we all in this county will understand what type of person you are.You son told me at school that he thinks you should not accepct the raise.
So if you were given a raise, you would turn it down? No, I don't know him and I have no interest in this but I know of no one who would say "Oh, no thanks. I'm happy doing this job for the current salary. You can keep your money." RIGHT....

As for his "kid" that would mean no extra allowance for him!
Hello

Richmond, KY

#3 Apr 22, 2011
If he cared about our school system he would not except the raise!!There are people every year getting pink slipped because they can no longer afford to be paid, but he is going to get a raise I think it's bull crap.He should not take the raise!!!!
whatever

Richmond, KY

#4 Apr 22, 2011
Hello wrote:
If he cared about our school system he would not except the raise!!There are people every year getting pink slipped because they can no longer afford to be paid, but he is going to get a raise I think it's bull crap.He should not take the raise!!!!
Do you think the money they're going to give him would be used for bringing back those who have gotten pink slips if he didn't take it? NO It's just like everything else, the board is protecting their CEO and don't care for the peons.
doubt

Richmond, KY

#5 Apr 22, 2011
I'm glad that someone was brave enough to object to Mr. Floyd's raise. I read about their concerns in the Richmond Register today. Those in the trenches get tired of doing the hands on work with little thanks while the boss gets a large raise. They are the ones who really care about the kids. We are now losing 4 nursing positions. Many of us saw this coming with Floyd's new programs.
Mary

United States

#6 Apr 22, 2011
So my daughter may not have a school nurse next year for her illness... but you will get a bigger raise than I make in one year.

Single mom on minimum wage.
about Mary

Richmond, KY

#7 Apr 23, 2011
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you were given a raise, you would turn it down? No, I don't know him and I have no interest in this but I know of no one who would say "Oh, no thanks. I'm happy doing this job for the current salary. You can keep your money." RIGHT....
As for his "kid" that would mean no extra allowance for him!
Good leaders HAVE turned down raises to show that they are in their positions for the right reasons. It sends a message that says we're in this together and we'll work together as a team until the situation improves. It would say to the board that approved this raise, "Our leader can't be bought". Instead they report they have to give him a raise so he won't move on to a higher paying job. Did you notice the Richmond Register said Floyd had no comment on the issue? How often does Floyd have no comment? Is it possible he knows he's not doing the best thing for the school system and the employees?!!!Gasp!!! Not likely.
gator

Richmond, KY

#9 Apr 23, 2011
11.7 % increase. WOW.
Yes, I did notice in the article that he had no comment.
Also read in that article that some got a big 1% raise.
Mariam

Cynthiana, KY

#10 Apr 23, 2011
There are few CEO's that would turn down anything. The blame of this situation goes clearly to the board. They are the ones that make the decision about his salary. They are more involved (with the exception of John Lackey) with the way he works them to put them in his corner. The comment has been made "we don't want to lose him" so what if he goes, is he the only person that can do this job?

When are you people going to realize that people in positions of power such as political and CEO positions could care less about you? They are for themselves and feel they reached a level of success and it is your tough spot if you cannot do it as well. Why do you keep believing there is someone that will help you? Based on performance of political leaders and CEO's in this country you are very silly.
Bob

Cynthiana, KY

#11 Apr 23, 2011
If he is smart he will "donate" a portion of it back to some charity or the school system. That would shut all you whinners up. You would take it if you could reach your hand out to get it and don't say you wouldn't.
gator

Richmond, KY

#12 Apr 23, 2011
Funny, attention is called to an 11.7% raise, while at the same time, services in our county schools are being cut-- nurses. And that poor excuse of a raise-1 %, and for that attention, the term whinner is used???

I was thinking the same thing, Mariam, is he the only person who can do the job?
gator

Richmond, KY

#13 Apr 23, 2011
Btw, it is whiner, not whinner.
If you are going to call names, please, do so correctly. Thank you.
you got me

Richmond, KY

#14 Apr 23, 2011
Bob wrote:
If he is smart he will "donate" a portion of it back to some charity or the school system. That would shut all you whinners up. You would take it if you could reach your hand out to get it and don't say you wouldn't.
This is one so called "whinner" who would be ashamed to accept that raise. What does someone who makes over $100,000. a year do with more money? Buy a bigger house, a flashier car, take a more exotic vacation? What might someone who makes $40,000. or less do with a raise? Pay their electric bill, take their kids to an amusement park as a big treat, go out to eat with the family,fill their car up with gas...you know, really splurge on something. Some people (school employees) are really hurting to make ends meet on their salaries while working just as hard as he is but in a different position such as teacher, bus driver, cook, janitor, etc. These fine employees don't have the opportunity to pat themselves on the back in public forums like Floyd does. There are many who could do the job as well or better than he is. The board feeds into his already too big ego by making it seem like he's the one and only for the job.
same ol same ol

Richmond, KY

#15 Apr 23, 2011
Business as usual for those in charge. Those on the firing line (teachers, classrooms aides. maintainance, office personnel, etc.) do their jobs, go beyond the call of duty and make those at the top look good. Those at the top get the raise/money and those doing the job get laid off, fuloughed, and constantly told you are not doing enough! Yes, same 'ol same 'ol...that's the way in the USA!
To Disgusted

Ashland, KY

#16 Apr 23, 2011
disgusted wrote:
That is insane. How long has he even been on the job and to receive a raise like that? Our city wonders why we are in the hole? It's bullshit like this that continues to add to it!!!!!
The county school superintendent's salary has ZERO to do with our city budget in Richmond. Completely different systems; there is no longer a CITY school system; please educate yourself on facts that fourth-graders know before commenting publicly. JEEZ.
joey d

Mishawaka, IN

#17 Apr 23, 2011
Rich get richer. Nothing new here.
TimeForChange

Richmond, KY

#18 Apr 23, 2011
Well we as voters can let them know how we feel and can make a change come the next election. We need to find some good candidates to run. I say we recruit enough to make an entire clean slate.
We also should be attending their meetings so we know what is going on.
hello

Richmond, KY

#19 Apr 23, 2011
doubt wrote:
I'm glad that someone was brave enough to object to Mr. Floyd's raise. I read about their concerns in the Richmond Register today. Those in the trenches get tired of doing the hands on work with little thanks while the boss gets a large raise. They are the ones who really care about the kids. We are now losing 4 nursing positions. Many of us saw this coming with Floyd's new programs.
Ms Bennet at glenn Marshal is one of the main ones that has a promble with mr floyds raise. She was call news and papers to let them know.
Anonymous School Employee

Englewood, CO

#20 Apr 23, 2011
You people don't see the problem. It's not that Tommy "who don't do shit" Floyd accepted the UNEARNED raise. It is the pieces of shit board member that we elected that allowed him to have it.

Protecting his job??? Keeping him from leaving???

There are hundreds of older teachers in this area that are willing to sit on their asses doing nothing, making piss poor decisions, and getting that fat check while everyone else does the work to fill his position. Let the dumb fu<ker leave if he wants to.

Remember next election that we have idiots passing out money for no good reason and toss the pieces of shit right out in the street where they and their ignorant decisions belong.

Go to a meeting and demand that they retract this raise and instead cut his pay by 10 percent.

I don't get it, even Lackey, king of the dumb asses, who vetos everything, he cries no money, then he gives this waste of space a damn raise.

WTF, is this a kickback deal somehow??

Do you assholes no know you have people in the school system working their asses off that don't even make 17,000 per year. So why does this pimple on the ass of society deserve a raise?
Single Malt

Versailles, KY

#21 Apr 23, 2011
For cryin out loud. Do a little checking and you'll find that to hire a super for a county this size with the proper creds (education and experience) Floyd is still a bargain. What do you think you would pay a quaified replacement?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min Mike duckit 137,745
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 26 min Dream Crystal 20,363
drunk lady in Gillams arghhh! 34 min sting 5
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 43 min Jennifer Renee 32,683
How Am I Supposed to Climb The Ladder of Succes... (Nov '14) 49 min fraids friend 6,431
Did Jerry Howe die on main st. 1 hr concerned 1
Word Association (Jul '10) 1 hr Dream Crystal 21,069
More from around the web

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]