Do you like Netflix?
curious

Richmond, KY

#1 Jun 9, 2012
We signed up about a month ago and just wondered what others thought.
love it

Richmond, KY

#2 Jun 9, 2012
I have gone without cable for years. 7.99 is so much cheaper
Kas

Ashland, KY

#3 Jun 9, 2012
I love Netflix, it's such a great deal as compared to cable. Unlimited movies and television shows on demand, and as many DVDs as I can view in a month. It's a fair and decent price to be able to watch what I want, when I want and it's a much better alternative to cable TV.
netflix lover

United States

#4 Jun 10, 2012
I've had Netflix for years now and I LOVE it!!! It's saves you the time, gas, and money from going out and renting movies. You can keep them as long as you want and even watch them online or from your tv if you have it hooked up that way. I think Netflix is the best thing since sliced bread!!
mike

Jasper, IN

#5 Jun 10, 2012
Kas wrote:
I love Netflix, it's such a great deal as compared to cable. Unlimited movies and television shows on demand, and as many DVDs as I can view in a month. It's a fair and decent price to be able to watch what I want, when I want and it's a much better alternative to cable TV.
no Netflix sucks! I mean come on...u don't really get to watch what u want when u want bc all of the good and new movies u have to wait for the stupid DVD! Everything they have on the streaming where u can watch on ur tv anytime are all a bunch of crap and old movies that people have seen 20 times! It's ridiculous. I want to be able to watch ANY movie any time. Not old one. So u aren't saving time or anything if u want a new movie when u have to wait a week to get it in the mail when u could have gone to a redbox and rented it the night u want to watch it
mike

Jasper, IN

#6 Jun 10, 2012
love it wrote:
I have gone without cable for years. 7.99 is so much cheaper
It's definitely not worth canceling cable for a bunch of old movies! Or going a week in between each movie watching nothing til u get a new one! Cable has way more entertainment and shows than just movies
mike

Jasper, IN

#7 Jun 10, 2012
netflix lover wrote:
I've had Netflix for years now and I LOVE it!!! It's saves you the time, gas, and money from going out and renting movies. You can keep them as long as you want and even watch them online or from your tv if you have it hooked up that way. I think Netflix is the best thing since sliced bread!!
yea if u keep them as long as u want then u won't be watching too many movies in a month! To get ur money's worth u are forced to watch them as soon as u get them and send them right back so u can get ur next one...instead of being able to enjoy the movie any night u want
netberd

United States

#8 Jun 10, 2012
Obviously those of you hating on Netflix aren't taking advantage of the best features- the streaming! I watch it on my iPad, iPhone, ps3 on my tv, and my computer. I rarely use the DVD options
local

Richmond, KY

#9 Jun 10, 2012
This is what we have noticed too about some of the movies being old or we have never heard of them. The price is great and I like the concept but already feel like we have seen the best movies they have to offer in a few short weeks. The new releases don't seem to come out very often.
mike

Jasper, IN

#10 Jun 10, 2012
netberd wrote:
Obviously those of you hating on Netflix aren't taking advantage of the best features- the streaming! I watch it on my iPad, iPhone, ps3 on my tv, and my computer. I rarely use the DVD options
that's my point. Who cares? The only ones they have on streaming are all old! U can only watch a movie so many times. They should have some newer ones streaming too and THEN id join and be all for it! Only then would it be the best thing since sliced bread bc it would truly be any movie on demand
Well

Ironton, OH

#11 Jun 10, 2012
I have had it for a couple years and I love it. I only stream and yes the movies are older, BUT who cares? I'm not one of those people that feels like they have to watch all the new blockbusters (most of which suck) as soon as possible. One of the newer movies they have on there is called Limitless and it was made in 2011... not too old especially since Hastings still has it on it's new releases wall.
local

Richmond, KY

#12 Jun 10, 2012
On the plus side, we watched a movie last night called THE REEF. It was good. Based on a true story and I like that.
local

Richmond, KY

#13 Jun 10, 2012
Well wrote:
I have had it for a couple years and I love it. I only stream and yes the movies are older, BUT who cares? I'm not one of those people that feels like they have to watch all the new blockbusters (most of which suck) as soon as possible. One of the newer movies they have on there is called Limitless and it was made in 2011... not too old especially since Hastings still has it on it's new releases wall.
I think there are good and bad elements to Netflix. I am really not a person that ever watched movies that much and I am pretty picky about what I like. Most of the new movies being made these days are a C rating at best.
love it

Richmond, KY

#14 Jun 11, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
It's definitely not worth canceling cable for a bunch of old movies! Or going a week in between each movie watching nothing til u get a new one! Cable has way more entertainment and shows than just movies
yeah, ok you convinced me it sucks, I will cancel and go back to paying 7 times what I pay currently
mike

United States

#15 Jun 11, 2012
love it wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, ok you convinced me it sucks, I will cancel and go back to paying 7 times what I pay currently
who cares how much it costs as long as u are entertained. Old movies won't cut it for me
yayyyy

Boynton Beach, FL

#16 Jun 11, 2012
curious wrote:
We signed up about a month ago and just wondered what others thought.
I love Netflix ... And it's cheap! But I still have cable too.

Since: Jul 12

Reading, UK

#17 Jul 5, 2012
Netflix was pretty cool for the first month. But after I caught up with Prison break and watched the few blockbusters like The Expendables and Drive; It seemed to loose its charm. I moved to Hulu as I am a massive TV Show addict. Hulu is great

Some great alternatives listed here: http://www.netflixalternative.com/
yayyy

United States

#18 Jul 5, 2012
Niche2012 wrote:
Netflix was pretty cool for the first month. But after I caught up with Prison break and watched the few blockbusters like The Expendables and Drive; It seemed to loose its charm. I moved to Hulu as I am a massive TV Show addict. Hulu is great

Some great alternatives listed here: http://www.netflixalternative.com/
how does Hulu cost?
trashy

Berea, KY

#19 Jul 5, 2012
Do they accept ebt?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dancing Wife 8 min SlidewayzZ 9
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 37 min paul 148,160
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 45 min Jennifer Renee 37,630
President TRUMP is on his way, some people are ... 47 min Unitarian 7
People selling heroin 1 hr Hung Lo 23
Get the ADHD kids off of dope and spank them good! (Apr '12) 1 hr Sis Phyllis 116
Bad landscaping 2 hr blah 1
Any Single Woman Out There Want To Go Out With ... 2 hr ed get help 39
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages