William's Trailer Park Shutting Down?

Posted in the Richmond Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

Lebanon, KY

#1 Dec 15, 2011
I heard codes enforcement shutting this place down next month is this true?
Nah

United States

#2 Dec 15, 2011
doubt it.. if codes shut you down they sure dont wait a month.
spud

Richmond, KY

#3 Dec 15, 2011
and 'spud says thats the truth'
Curious

Lebanon, KY

#4 Dec 15, 2011
well i heard that they are tearing it down and gave all the tenants until middle of the month to get out and find another place to live
Maybe

United States

#5 Dec 15, 2011
Curious wrote:
well i heard that they are tearing it down and gave all the tenants until middle of the month to get out and find another place to live
Could be true.I know when the exisiting trailers are gone they cant replace them. so it will be sold or leased for other use. Kinda good news if you think about it.
concerned citizen

United States

#6 Dec 15, 2011
so who ownes the trash dump .. must be in the loop to be allowed to be there in the state that it is.
colonel mustard

Richmond, KY

#7 Dec 15, 2011
It is being sold at master commisoner sale, I beleive dec 19.
goneforyears

Birmingham, AL

#8 Dec 15, 2011
What ! Where will all the trailer park barbies go ?
Interested

Richmond, KY

#9 Dec 21, 2011
Does anyone know who bought it?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#10 Dec 21, 2011
concerned citizen wrote:
so who ownes the trash dump .. must be in the loop to be allowed to be there in the state that it is.
It was owned by Foster Ratliff up until this week. Not sure who bought it or why. Parts of it have been condemned since summer. Some people got out then. As of Monday all the trailers on the bottom were without water. The whole place i very sad and looking very empty.
sad

Richmond, KY

#11 Dec 22, 2011
That is foster of Kelly's fruit markets husband. He is a total slum lord owns some slum trailers down red house road too
Curious

Lebanon, KY

#13 Dec 22, 2011
Mike Rice owner of Cars of Kentucky bought the trailer park on master commissioner sale hope he gets rid of it all.

Location hidden

#15 Dec 22, 2011
sad wrote:
That is foster of Kelly's fruit markets husband. He is a total slum lord owns some slum trailers down red house road too
Don't think he owns them anymore it was in the paper a while back about all his rental properties being auctioned off and the auction was on the 19th.

Location hidden

#16 Dec 22, 2011
Curious wrote:
Mike Rice owner of Cars of Kentucky bought the trailer park on master commissioner sale hope he gets rid of it all.
He told the residents up there that he was gonna keep it going and repair stuff lol good luck is all I can say 2 trailers and the apt building have been condemned.
Interested

Richmond, KY

#17 Dec 22, 2011
I really don't see Mike Rice keeping this park going. It would cost way too much to repair that place.

Location hidden

#18 Dec 22, 2011
Interested wrote:
I really don't see Mike Rice keeping this park going. It would cost way too much to repair that place.
That is what I think too.
Interested

Richmond, KY

#19 Dec 22, 2011
And if this place was cleaned up it would be a much better business investment due to volume of traffic. I think there is more money to be made if it was removed and something new put in. True it would cost quite a bit to take such an endeavor to tear it down and build something new, but the reward would over shadow the I initial investment. Of course I could be wrong.
to tell you the truth

United States

#20 Dec 22, 2011
They should have been torn down twenty years ago, it's been nothing but a pillhead factory for years. I hope that the trailors on Logan Ave goes with them, it's all an eye sore.

Location hidden

#21 Dec 22, 2011
There was talk at one time of putting something else there (I can't remember what) but I believe there were concerns because of a former meth lab that was there and it had not been properly cleaned up.
Sticks

Richmond, KY

#22 Dec 22, 2011
to tell you the truth wrote:
They should have been torn down twenty years ago, it's been nothing but a pillhead factory for years. I hope that the trailors on Logan Ave goes with them, it's all an eye sore.
Very true. Hate to see people displaced, but Williams and Logan trailer parks and Hines Motel all need to be shut down and consolidated into one apartment like area, preferrably in the Hines area to get rid of three eyesores in a highly travelled area in Richmond. It would also help RPD to concentrate on one area instead of three.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min ChromiuMan 156,436
Crossings 19 min Wish I never met ... 2
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 34 min Fungail 39,551
I Want To know What I Can Do 1 hr ColeCash 833
You text 3 words 2 hr timeyouknowwhatyo... 2
Tips from Mike 5 hr Mike Brewer 1
Breathe and relax 5 hr Mike Brewer 1
How often do you spank your wife (Mar '13) 20 hr Robert 117

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages