Happy Shopper

Richmond, KY

#1 May 20, 2010
Thank goodness Meijer opened today!!!!
Now I can print out coupons off their website and match them with manufature coupons for cheap and free stuff. No more driving to Lexington.
villager

Richmond, KY

#2 May 21, 2010
My shopping trip there was great. Spent less money than usual on groceries there.
shop around

Berea, KY

#3 May 21, 2010
Went to Meijer today and bought nothing prices are much cheaper at Wal-Mart. I also saw lots of people in the store and they was leaving with out buying anything it's not that great. My advice compare just a few items with wal-marts price and you will see what is cheaper.
here

Berea, KY

#4 May 21, 2010
shop around wrote:
Went to Meijer today and bought nothing prices are much cheaper at Wal-Mart. I also saw lots of people in the store and they was leaving with out buying anything it's not that great. My advice compare just a few items with wal-marts price and you will see what is cheaper.
Meijer always seems to have a better selection
Reason

Richmond, KY

#5 May 21, 2010
shop around wrote:
Went to Meijer today and bought nothing prices are much cheaper at Wal-Mart. I also saw lots of people in the store and they was leaving with out buying anything it's not that great. My advice compare just a few items with wal-marts price and you will see what is cheaper.

Wake up..... No store can out price or out sell Walmart. They are just too big. Meijers will be ok, as long as Walmart wants them to be. After that they will run them out of town.
Selection nottttt

Mount Sterling, KY

#6 May 21, 2010
shop around wrote:
Went to Meijer today and bought nothing prices are much cheaper at Wal-Mart. I also saw lots of people in the store and they was leaving with out buying anything it's not that great. My advice compare just a few items with wal-marts price and you will see what is cheaper.
I've spent my last dollar on crappy Great Value stuff!
here

Berea, KY

#7 May 21, 2010
Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up..... No store can out price or out sell Walmart. They are just too big. Meijers will be ok, as long as Walmart wants them to be. After that they will run them out of town.
Richmond Wal-mart is a joke. I hope that Meijer is as nice as the ones in Lexington. Go buy that old pre-packaged meat and the rest of the same old crap that they have carried for years. Hell Save-A-Lot is better than Wal-mart!
Meijer shopper

AOL

#8 May 22, 2010
Me and my wife bought some meat from wal-mart a few year ago. Which was a Hamburger, she were gonna cook it. When she opened the pack of hamburger, Their were a strong odor from the hamburger. She were afraid to cook it. I took a look at it and i look in the middle of it. what happen was it had a something like a red fresh meat on the outside of it. On the inside of it was brown which the color has fade. Meaning it was old and not safe. I took them hamburger back to the wal mart and demand for my money back. They try to say thier were nothing wrong it. I told them i want my money back for them. They act like they didnt want too. I told them to open them and smell it. they said it was okay. I had a hard time with them. Finally i told them to take them home and cook it their self then. somehow i have finally got my money back. i got double money back from wall mart. well now I go to meijer, They have a fresh beef their. They cut up and grind thier own hamburger. It come in fresh. They are very friendly, nice, their were one guy at the meat dept, i ask him if they cut up the meat for us that need to be cut up. He took the meat and cut it up for us. He come back with a big smile and i said man, thank you so much and i pat him on the back. he said no probem and do come back. I will be back their again at Meijer. Those are the best place to get a fresh meat. can be either Pork or beef. they are the best place to get them. So me and my wife will be going to shopping at Meijer more often than going to the wally world. I just hope that the Meijer will put wal mart out of business some day.
The Internet

United States

#9 May 22, 2010
Meijer shopper wrote:
Me and my wife bought some meat from wal-mart a few year ago. Which was a Hamburger, she were gonna cook it. When she opened the pack of hamburger, Their were a strong odor from the hamburger. She were afraid to cook it. I took a look at it and i look in the middle of it. what happen was it had a something like a red fresh meat on the outside of it. On the inside of it was brown which the color has fade. Meaning it was old and not safe. I took them hamburger back to the wal mart and demand for my money back. They try to say thier were nothing wrong it. I told them i want my money back for them. They act like they didnt want too. I told them to open them and smell it. they said it was okay. I had a hard time with them. Finally i told them to take them home and cook it their self then. somehow i have finally got my money back. i got double money back from wall mart. well now I go to meijer, They have a fresh beef their. They cut up and grind thier own hamburger. It come in fresh. They are very friendly, nice, their were one guy at the meat dept, i ask him if they cut up the meat for us that need to be cut up. He took the meat and cut it up for us. He come back with a big smile and i said man, thank you so much and i pat him on the back. he said no probem and do come back. I will be back their again at Meijer. Those are the best place to get a fresh meat. can be either Pork or beef. they are the best place to get them. So me and my wife will be going to shopping at Meijer more often than going to the wally world. I just hope that the Meijer will put wal mart out of business some day.
you have trouble communicating!
QQq

AOL

#10 May 22, 2010
Meijer was very high i looked at the brand of coffee i use and i buy it at krogers it was higher than krogers 35 cents higher.also looked at other things too come on people you better check your prices
Selection nottttt

Mount Sterling, KY

#11 May 22, 2010
QQq wrote:
Meijer was very high i looked at the brand of coffee i use and i buy it at krogers it was higher than krogers 35 cents higher.also looked at other things too come on people you better check your prices
Honestly, I'd rather pay pennies more just to have convenience and selection. Walmart gives you a minimum selection, and when you find something you like, moves it around, replaces it with some other item, or worse yet, their great value brand. I've seen ever increasing prices since Kmart and Food Lion closed, and I, for one, am sick of it. Meijer, thank you for giving Richmond a chance, and for at least giving people a choice. For that, you get my business.
Meijer shopper

AOL

#12 May 22, 2010
If you don't like what i said or read it then get off the topix. my communicating is okay, and their is nothing wrong with it. go and get a life and stop being a teacher.
The Internet wrote:
<quoted text>you have trouble communicating!
The Internet

United States

#13 May 22, 2010
Lmao slobbering and typing
happy shopper

Richmond, KY

#14 May 22, 2010
Prices are up and down at all stores, I shop the sales that match my coupons. Meijer has store coupons on their website, Walmart doesn't, I get stuff free all the time at Meijer. The selection is larger than walmart. I do shop walmart if the sale matches coupons for free or cheap stuff and the same with Kroger. Buy I get more savings at Meijer :)
jeff

Richmond, KY

#15 May 24, 2010
Best meat in Richmond is Save-a-lot, good deals at Super Save. If ever in London try E C Porters. Wal Mart meat is no good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min whome 165,569
Almost Amused What Will You Do If 38 min Cornell Woolrich ... 68
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 2 hr Doobie Time 41,939
Please help! 2 hr Eww 3
baptist health c section separated from healthy... 3 hr seeker 3
You really know the truth.. 5 hr Yes it is me 4
News Conway Files Lawsuit Against National College (Sep '11) 7 hr somebody 30

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages