Former EIDD financial director Troy C...

Former EIDD financial director Troy Collier is now scheduled for a jury trial

Posted in the Richmond Forum

Since: Sep 12

Richmond, Indiana

#1 Dec 21, 2012
This guy is an idiot!! typical corrupt leaders in Indiana!!

Former EIDD financial director Troy Collier is now scheduled for a jury trial on March 11 in Henry Circuit Court. Collier was arrested in October 2011 on one count of corrupt business influence and one count of theft of more than $100,000 (both Class C felonies) and five counts of theft (all Class D felonies.)
Collierís arrest came after an Indiana State Police investigation into the alleged theft of more than $150,000 from the multi-county EIDD. Collierís employment was terminated by the EIDD in January 2011.
The Eastern Indiana Development District officially disbanded Tuesday, after struggling financially for the past two years.
Member counties are looking at creating a new regional economic development group to replace EIDD, one that might function more effectively and fairly.
Wayne, Union, Rush and Henry counties and the city of Winchester were remaining members of the EIDD, a group thatís been struggling for nearly two years to survive the alleged theft of more than $100,000 from its accounts.
EIDD board members said they were getting a handle on their financial problems this summer, but disbanding became the only option last month when they were unable to provide paperwork required by the federal Economic Development Administration.
The EIDD received about $60,000 a year from a three-year EDA grant from Oct. 1, 2008, to Sept. 30, 2011. The EIDD has payroll records, but didnít have records that showed how much time was spent on EDA activities, Wayne County Councilman and EIDD member Jeff Plasterer said.
Dissolving the organization absolves the EIDD of any responsibility, Plasterer said.
sop-wc

Peoria, IL

#2 Jan 1, 2013
Is this unusual behavior within the typical not-for-profit entity? Perhaps not! Much has to do with lack of knowledge at the corporate ED level. Should an Eexecutive Diretor be held culpable in such a matter? Should a leader not be reviewing the financial matters at least quarterly? How long had this little embezzlement /mishandling of corporate funds scheme been going on before being brought to the forefront? "Unable to provide paperwork...." Again...where was the leadership and oversite?

Richmond, Indiana

#3 Jan 1, 2013
sop-wc wrote:
Is this unusual behavior within the typical not-for-profit entity? Perhaps not! Much has to do with lack of knowledge at the corporate ED level. Should an Eexecutive Diretor be held culpable in such a matter? Should a leader not be reviewing the financial matters at least quarterly? How long had this little embezzlement /mishandling of corporate funds scheme been going on before being brought to the forefront? "Unable to provide paperwork...." Again...where was the leadership and oversite?
all we have is trailer trash and nobody caring and no one doing there job or watching these idiots in Richmond. Taking Richmond down the drain fast!! bye bye Richmond.
reviver

Peoria, IL

#4 Jan 5, 2013
Michael75065....Are you suffering from Narcissistic personality disorder?

Richmond, Indiana

#5 Jan 6, 2013
reviver wrote:
Nope I doing fine it's people like you is the reason Richmond is become a poverty stricken drug and crime infested old folks shit hole of a town. With no future for no one here any more and corrupted city government down with them. I would not recommend town to no one. If I should tell me why!!

You are idiot if can't see what happening to Richmond and people living here. Stupid moron.

Richmond, Indiana

#6 Jan 6, 2013
reviver wrote:
stricken drug and crime infested old folks shit hole of a town. With no future for no one here any more and corrupted city government taking city down with them. I would not recommend this town to no one. If I should tell me why!! Name one good thing happening to Richmond and for anybody living here.

You are idiot if can't see what happening to Richmond and people living here. Stupid redneck moron. I feel sorry for you!! Richmond is falling apart big time!!
reviver

Peoria, IL

#7 Jan 13, 2013
Question answered.
Informed

Chicago, IL

#8 Jan 13, 2013
Michael75065 wrote:
<quoted text>
stricken drug and crime infested old folks shit hole of a town. With no future for no one here any more and corrupted city government taking city down with them. I would not recommend this town to no one. If I should tell me why!! Name one good thing happening to Richmond and for anybody living here.
You are idiot if can't see what happening to Richmond and people living here. Stupid redneck moron. I feel sorry for you!! Richmond is falling apart big time!!
well one good thing you can go to Richmond square mall and get cancer from all the mold. Or you could go to the mall office and get a insult. Or you could shop at one of the malls stoes and pay out the azz .

Richmond, Indiana

#9 Jan 14, 2013
Informed wrote:
<quoted text>well one good thing you can go to Richmond square mall and get cancer from all the mold. Or you could go to the mall office and get a insult. Or you could shop at one of the malls stoes and pay out the azz .
sad sad sad!! Time to move it will only get much worse. All the abandon building and homes in this town rotting away!! We have clowns Running this city!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wendy mann 4 hr Jackie 1
Mr Trump (Feb '16) Tue American 12
Mayor Snow Tue American 3
Barb Mayle (Dec '11) Jul 17 Wondering 103
Rob Youkon Jul 17 Mo Money 1
Country Club Apartments (Apr '10) Jul 16 Jackie 15
Vandor good place to Work Jul 13 Mister Stark Reality 2

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance