Bounce Palace
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Parent

United States

#1 Mar 6, 2011
Okay, first off, Im sure the owners of this establishment have good intentions. However, after taking my children there this weekend I was completely disgusted by how run down this place was! It was so dirty, and I did not feel safe at all in this place! And the only staff working was the guy taking money at the counter! Is this buisness even legit?
vondaR

United States

#2 Mar 6, 2011
Ive been there with my kids, and yes it is a little bit run down. As for it not bein clean, unless they had a staff pf about twenty cleaning people, constantly working theres no way it could be kept clean with all the kids running around. Have you ever been to a chuck e cheese? A lot worse than the bounce palace and they serve food.. my kids love being able to go run around and play, and the cool thing is that the parents get to play too. Kids wash up, the price is affordable and its here in town. The only other place I know of to take kids that is that much fun is in Muncie.
Concerned Parent

United States

#3 Mar 6, 2011
It's not the hard to sweep the floors after closing time is it? The floors were caked with dust! There is no way anyone ever does any cleaning around there! There was pee in one of the bounce houses and when the guy working there was told about it he just got a towel and wiped it up and let the kids right back in to play! THATS GROSS!

And as far as safety goes that place is like a maze and there are no emergency exits in the rooms! What if there was a fire? The railing on the stairs was so loose, the lights in the jousting room are just waiting for someone to bust them over their heads...I can go on and on!
vondaR

United States

#4 Mar 7, 2011
Been since last October since. ive been there. Sounds like I wont be goin back either.You should try escaspades in Muncie. I understand hes tryin to do a good thing but of all hes doin is using papertowels to clean up urine then maybe health department should get involved.
Concerned Parent

United States

#5 Mar 7, 2011
Yeah, like I said Im sure his intentions are good, but Im just a little concerned some kid is going to get hurt or sick there! Escapades is great, it's just to bad there's nothing else closer!
I too

Cleveland, OH

#6 Mar 7, 2011
I recently was there as well, and the place was a dump. There were no security measures and no staff monitoring each bouncing attraction. I also will not be taking my children back, as I was fairly creeped out myself.
vondaR

United States

#7 Mar 7, 2011
It stinks that there isnt any place to take kids thats safe, clean and does'nt cost an arm and a leg. I dont even take mine to the park any more because of the kids that are just turned loose there. I get tired of the big kids pushin the younger ones around.
Concerned Parent

United States

#8 Mar 8, 2011
I know what you mean. I wish there was some place around here that was safe for kids. It's a shame because this town is big enough it should have a place like escapades or Chuck-E-Cheese like Muncie. The bounce palace really is a good idea, I think who ever is running it just needs some common sense when it comes to running a busness.
agreed

Darien, IL

#9 Mar 8, 2011
Ive been a few times, in the beginning it was clean and had alot to offer, however on our recent trip it was missing some things, and things were broken or not working but we have never encountered it being dirty.
Parent

United States

#10 Apr 17, 2011
I've been there many times and I know what ur talk in about w the way it's run but I've talked w the guy who runs it and he's got a lot on his shoulders runnin the place on his own and he's a single parent w the mother not around. He's had problems in the past with hiring employees to help cuz his past employees that helped run it with him were his family but they moved away. He had hired others but had a problem w them stealing so I can understand the problems and he does need help but I will continue to bring my kids there because it's a blast there for everyone!
JBupINYA

Darien, IL

#11 Apr 22, 2011
Sounds to me like your just complaining to complain like a lot of Richmond parents tend to do. That is one of the only things besides the skate that kids around here can do. My friend takes his kids there and he never once complained about it in fact he recommended it to me. So Concerened Parent your just someone who is trying to trash someone else and can't help but keep your opinion to yourself and if you would literally deny your kids a good time because your worried about some germs you need to go a shrink cuz you probably are a germaphobe. Sorry that unlike you this guy isn;t perfect. I tip my hat to him for investing his time and money into a business that is probably not bringing in a whole lot of money but is bringing a great deal of Joy to the Children and Parents of this community. It is no dirtier there than at the community parks here in town where junkies leave needles in the bathrooms and on the ground. Have you walked through Glenn Miller lately.
J B up N YA

Darien, IL

#12 Apr 22, 2011
To Parent:,
Thanks for shedding some light on the subject unlike concerned parent who is only concerned because like most of richmond she or he has this disease that most of the locals here have. I have noticed that most of the parents in Richmond have Chronic Complainers and Whiners syndrome. It comes from being silver spooned and pampered as children. Don't take your kids Concerned Parent. I am sure they were not worried about the damn floor. It is not like they were eating off of it. I have yet to take mine but I plan on it because they will love it and I bet it isn't half as bad sanitary wise as you say it is. My experience on topics is that a Concerned Parent is usually someone who is being a total bonehead or just has a problem with the guy and their only form of recourse is this weak attempt at slander, defamation of character, and libel.
J B up N YA

Darien, IL

#13 Apr 22, 2011
Concerned Parent wrote:
It's not the hard to sweep the floors after closing time is it? The floors were caked with dust! There is no way anyone ever does any cleaning around there! There was pee in one of the bounce houses and when the guy working there was told about it he just got a towel and wiped it up and let the kids right back in to play! THATS GROSS!
And as far as safety goes that place is like a maze and there are no emergency exits in the rooms! What if there was a fire? The railing on the stairs was so loose, the lights in the jousting room are just waiting for someone to bust them over their heads...I can go on and on!
If you were truly concerned you would bring all this up with the manager/owner and why if it was so bad did you stay? Seriously there is no more dirt there than the playground, at your kids school. This is not an appropriate place to discuss this. Why not take it up with him he seems to be a nice enough guy.
Concerned Parent

Chicago, IL

#14 Apr 22, 2011
Actually, i wouldn't call it slander. I reported all my concerns to the fire marshall, as well as the board of health. I was contacted and told that he was fined for many violations. So obviously...my concerns were in the right. You must just like taking your children to nasty unsafe places to play!
JBupINYA

Darien, IL

#15 Apr 22, 2011
Concerned Parent, I have yet to take mine. I just heard about the place and am wanting to take them. So far the two people that told me about it one a nurse the other a family friend said the place was nice and that they and their kids had a blast. I come on here and hear that is is just some dumpster dive which if what you say is true than the fire marshal should have shut the place down since it is such a risk to children and so unsafe same with the board of health. Why hasn't he been shut down since it is so nasty? Seriously, I am going to have to go see for myself hit you back after I check it out to see if I agree for now we just have to agree to disagree. You're right about one thing. The worst can happen from the best of intentions. Who knows maybe like Parent said he is short staffed because the people who helped him run it moved away!
Concerned Parent

Chicago, IL

#16 Apr 23, 2011
Like I said, Im sure he does have good intentions. I dont know him personally and Im not dogging him. I'm just giving my personal opinion as a parent to other parents. By all means, do go and you may find it to be up to your standards. But you wont find me there.
JRM

Darien, IL

#17 Apr 24, 2011
So what you are saying is that even though he has been fined, still is keeping up the place, and is more than likely making attempts to repair, clean-up, and sanatize you wouldn't take your kids there? No matter the fact the you had one bad experience you never stopped to think if you hit Escapades, Chuk-E-Cheese, or any resatraunt on bad day you wont go back even if it is not the same experience the second third or even fourth time around. I am defiantely gonna have to go check it out and get back to you. Not a whole lot of logic here. You are definately entitled to your respected opinion as we are all. Now that you have voiced your opionion instead of just takeing my kids there I have to go inspect the place for myself and if it is as bad as you say they won't be going. I am afterall a more responsible parent that you are giving me credit. Trying to communicate on these forums is harder than if talking in person it is much easier to offend people. So just in case that isn't my agenda.
Jo Momma

Seymour, TN

#18 May 4, 2011
I've been there a few times. I went the day it opened. My child had fun. The equipment isn't brand new. It certainly shows signs of age as some of the inflatibles have duct tape on them. The dance room is very hot but kids don't really care about those things. On a professional note I think he could make a lot more money if he had a smaller building with all of the inflatibles in one big room. His over head has to be steep on that huge building. Places in Indy and other cities are much newer, and feel cleaner but no offense...it's Richmond you're not going to find a lot of money there and it costs a lot of money to keep things feeling brand new.
Mike

United States

#19 Oct 15, 2011
I have been here twice, and as a matter of fact I'm here right now. This place is great. Yes it is like a maze and looks dingy but what do you expect from an old gym. I have seen play areas at mcdonalds and other chain resturants that are way worse. HELP your local businesses out and then they would be able to spend the extra money on improvment.
directions

Richmond, IN

#20 Oct 15, 2011
Mike wrote:
I have been here twice, and as a matter of fact I'm here right now. This place is great. Yes it is like a maze and looks dingy but what do you expect from an old gym. I have seen play areas at mcdonalds and other chain resturants that are way worse. HELP your local businesses out and then they would be able to spend the extra money on improvment.
Where exactly is this place? I may take my grandson there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Natosha Smith that went to Starr El... Jun 24 Lil Owl 1
Iron order (Aug '13) Jun 18 The Bad One 13
Why is there so many skanky a$s women in Richmo... (Dec '15) Jun 11 Poker 8
Douglas Colgate Jun 9 Need to know 1
Ashtyn B.? Jun 9 Rtowndown 2
Country Club Apartments (Apr '10) Jun 4 cal 13
Mr Trump (Feb '16) Jun 2 Voter 10

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance