Belden Wire & Cable
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
mom of 3

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jul 23, 2008
Is the Belden plant still alive and well?

“Who really cares?!”

Since: Jul 08

AOL

#2 Jul 24, 2008
Yes, it's still going.

Since: Dec 07

U.S.A.

#3 Jul 25, 2008
I heard they hireing?

“Who really cares?!”

Since: Jul 08

AOL

#4 Jul 26, 2008
idk about that, i just know they are still going.
Alex

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Aug 14, 2008
i wouldn't work there, the company is very unstable. i don't see it lasting for much longer. everyone i know is trying to get a job elsewhere.

Since: Aug 08

Ellicott City, MD

#6 Sep 12, 2008
They are NOT hiring. They just laid off everyone they possibly could and are working the remaining workers like slaves... or so I have heard.
charly

Richmond, IN

#9 Oct 3, 2008
real c_ville resident wrote:
They are NOT hiring. They just laid off everyone they possibly could and are working the remaining workers like slaves... or so I have heard.
are they having union problems?

Since: Aug 08

Pasadena, MD

#10 Oct 5, 2008
I don't think they are having Union problems, but I would have to check. I think they might be trying to save money.
habibe

Goshen, IN

#12 Oct 13, 2008
yes we are having union problems. They had two union meeting sunday. Some employees are trying to get one in.
Monticello Belden worker

Lexington, KY

#13 Oct 16, 2008
Do you know which union they are trying to bring in?
charly

Richmond, IN

#14 Oct 25, 2008
i hear the teamsters want an election? will they get in.
Stupid

Richmond, IN

#15 Oct 27, 2008
I just cant believe how stupid you can be in voting for an UNION. JUST LOOK WHAT UNIONS HAVE DONE IN THE DAYTON AREA !!!! THEY HAVE LOST THERE JOBS STUPID!!.
Greg

United States

#16 Oct 28, 2008
With a union at least you'll have a contract and know how long you'll have a job. Going to work daily with all the stress related uncertainty is no fun.

Management at the Richmond plant is known to play games pitting loyalist and non-loyalist against each other.

Increased work loads for independant thinkers.

Go teamsters!!!!
richmond slave

Lake Station, IN

#17 Oct 29, 2008
richmond plant very bad
richmond slave

Lake Station, IN

#18 Oct 29, 2008
Monticello Belden worker it is the teamsters we here that you guys was bought out?richmond plant is really bad they have other employees bump each other while they still work MANPOWER temp people they r takeing jobs and adding to other people jobs it is unreal what they r wanting canT even keep up with my job let alone 10 extra braiders added to it. if richmond plant ever needed a union its now!SORRY YOU GUYS DIDNT GET YOURS IN we have heard that they r closing your plant any true to that?when you guys was trying to get your union in belden was sending your work to the richmond plant and we heard they were laying off some of you guys then?
richmond plant employee

Lake Station, IN

#19 Oct 29, 2008
we have heard that belden canda has got them a really nice contract makeing 23 dollars an hour plus other goodies we at richmond plant hasnt even had a coast of living raise in over three years richmond plant man team do what they want to us and theres nothing we can do but quite!we need help there BAD!they r taking alot of our good jobs and sending them to the mexico plant i think richmond plant is in trouble we have also herd that they r wanting to cut or wages by aleast 5 dollars a hour they have all ready cut the belden dc plant 5 dollars an hour goes inafect jult 09!
hope

Lake Station, IN

#20 Oct 29, 2008
yes they have election dec 3. i think it is the date, but yes they have a election and i have herad they stand a really good chance of winning this time
upset

Lake Station, IN

#21 Oct 29, 2008
you know they have belden people laid off and they still have manpower people working in the plant!they wont post jobs they fill them with manpower people!manpower people have better jobs then a man with 40 years!NOW YOU TELL ME IS THAT RIGHT!i could go on and on but i just get really upset.belden manage team has brought this union on them selfs you can only kick a dog for so long before he bites back GOOD LUCK RICHMOND EMPLOYEES you need it!
money

Lake Station, IN

#22 Oct 29, 2008
belden wire and cable net profit for last year i belive 136 million as of oct 09 they r at 172 +million net profit.and still take away from there workers if the union can't provide better wages, conditions? What does Belden fear from an impotent union?
charly

Richmond, IN

#23 Oct 30, 2008
Greg wrote:
With a union at least you'll have a contract and know how long you'll have a job. Going to work daily with all the stress related uncertainty is no fun.
Management at the Richmond plant is known to play games pitting loyalist and non-loyalist against each other.
Increased work loads for independant thinkers.
Go teamsters!!!!
you might get your doors closed also. you probabaly don't think about that or care..I want my job

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heaven Greer Johnson 50 min Sally Mander 8
Looking for Gay Sex Jun 20 allaboutdic 2
just want to chat Jun 20 allaboutdic 11
Someone help me understand this city's mentality Jun 20 old man 8
Frickers Jun 19 Wagonmaster 11
Prostitutes (Aug '15) Jun 15 richmond indiana 25
Mom shoplifts with child left alone in car Jun 11 Sad 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages