Where Can Sex Offenders Live?

Full story: WSAV 23
Many people wouldn't want them living in their neighborhood. But many registered sex offenders who have served their time across the state of Georgia are trying to figure out exactly where they can live. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Denise

United States

#1 Oct 28, 2006
Well, I guess they should have thought about the ramifications before they did the crime. No, I don't want any sex offenders in my neighborhood, to protect me, my teen, and all the other children in the neighborhood. Recidivism is high amongst sex offenders, and I don't want them near me or mine. Perhaps they could live in a group home deep in the woods, or maybe on an island somewhere, so that they won't be a threat to society. I wouldn't give an alcoholic a job as a bartender, and I wouldn't want sex offenders near the type of people that they hurt either.
Arias

Richmond Hill, GA

#2 Jan 5, 2007
Send them to live in the Arab terrorist countries
Cecie

Lithonia, GA

#3 Jan 8, 2007
In shame...within the confines of their guilt. I bet it ain't easy.
april

Joliet, IL

#4 Aug 26, 2007
you know sometimes people make mistakes i was raped at 18 and lost my virginity and i forgave him and moved on with my life and now i am with a man who made a mistake and has to live with it but i think he payed his time he should be able to live peacefully so you all need to put the hate on the true sickos and until you go through it quit judging what u know nothing about
Pam

Salem, OH

#5 Aug 31, 2007
They should all be in hell with a blow torch up ther ass!!
kat

Ludowici, GA

#6 Oct 16, 2008
they live?? where we live .. any house down the st. could be where they live!!!! so always whatch for you children.. BE SAFE!!
ashley

Lawton, IA

#7 Apr 29, 2009
thank you for saying that!!
ashley

Lawton, IA

#8 Apr 29, 2009
i just wanted to say that there not all the same cases so dont judge them all!!!
concerned

Richmond Hill, GA

#9 Aug 19, 2009
Is there a free public list of convicted sex offenders?
The Shooter

Savannah, GA

#10 Aug 22, 2009
concerned wrote:
Is there a free public list of convicted sex offenders?
gbi sex offender registry
gambit

Atlanta, GA

#11 Sep 10, 2009
i would like to say that there are a lot of ignorant people out there.the funny thing is the answer to the question was never answered. where can sex offenders live? more times than not most cases or blown out of porportion and in truth dont make sense. just ask the kids that are 17 and make a bad spiritual choice to sleep with a girl at his school who is 15. or what about the girl who lies about there age just to fit in and seem cool. most times the charges aren't fair and can stick even if there is no evidence. you just have to be poor and get the choice of putting your family way in debt are taking a bad unfair plea deal. so come on guys lets be real and open with this instead of being overly critical because nothing have been solved by it,thank you.
Rick

Hinesville, GA

#12 Sep 12, 2009
The wifes of these perverts,want us to forgive them. Sounds good to me.
blue fairy

Brockton, MA

#13 Nov 4, 2009
is there any truth to a rumor that there are unregistered offender vagrants who hang around near the A1 Motel??

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#14 Nov 7, 2009
They can live in another town other then the hill. A1 motel, could be true....That place is a slum....Just think, those new houses sit right next to the A1 motel...

Section 8 houses, homeless on I-95, Preverts, what the hell is next...Maybe your new mayor can do something....Doubt it....Davis did nadda, now the other will do nadda.....GOOD LUCK.......
sfs

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Nov 9, 2009
I called the Liberty County Sherifs office and spoke with a woman named Shonda who handles the sex offender registery. She was a hateful and mean spririted bitch. The way she spoke to me was so unnecessary, as if I had pulled her away from painting her nails or something. We recently had a pedophile move into our neighborhood and I wanted to know what the laws were, as far as him being there living amongst all our neighborhood kids and such and I had seen him in his yard with a young child. Out of concern for my community and with all the recent child murders and molestation cases on the news, I have reason to be concerned. She told me to watch my children and wouldn't have to worry about him.

Really? Is that all you got Shonda? Don't you think that the vicitims of the past had parents that watched them? Pedophiles are monstors, they find ways to get to our babies. I turned to the law for a little help, and that's what I got. Great to know that Liberty County cares so much.....
SSG Mick

Richmond Hill, GA

#16 Nov 12, 2009
sfs wrote:
I called the Liberty County Sherifs office and spoke with a woman named Shonda who handles the sex offender registery. She was a hateful and mean spririted bitch. The way she spoke to me was so unnecessary, as if I had pulled her away from painting her nails or something. We recently had a pedophile move into our neighborhood and I wanted to know what the laws were, as far as him being there living amongst all our neighborhood kids and such and I had seen him in his yard with a young child. Out of concern for my community and with all the recent child murders and molestation cases on the news, I have reason to be concerned. She told me to watch my children and wouldn't have to worry about him.
Really? Is that all you got Shonda? Don't you think that the vicitims of the past had parents that watched them? Pedophiles are monstors, they find ways to get to our babies. I turned to the law for a little help, and that's what I got. Great to know that Liberty County cares so much.....
That kind of attitude you describe about the parole officer doesn't come as any suprise. For the last 6 years now while stationed at Ft. Stewart, I've had to bite my tongue on several occasions and stand back wondering just who the hell these people think they are. Great comment, especially since I'm now a proud Pappa for the first time and I'm too concerned everyday for the safety of my family. I think it's great you took the time to inquire, and it's sad you were treated the way you were. I finally said the hell with it all and moved away from that area.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#17 Dec 1, 2009
SSG Mick wrote:
<quoted text>That kind of attitude you describe about the parole officer doesn't come as any suprise. For the last 6 years now while stationed at Ft. Stewart, I've had to bite my tongue on several occasions and stand back wondering just who the hell these people think they are. Great comment, especially since I'm now a proud Pappa for the first time and I'm too concerned everyday for the safety of my family. I think it's great you took the time to inquire, and it's sad you were treated the way you were. I finally said the hell with it all and moved away from that area.
Ha.....We moved also....Richmond Hill was a good town ablut 6yrs ago when I 1st moved there, Had to leave, family was unhappy and the slum got worse. I kept my house there and rented it out, couldnt take it anymore.

Some of the people are nice and some are down right snobs..Speaking of the parole officer, I think I know her...Her son may have played football with mine...Maybe she hada bad day and took her frustration out on you, who knows, I would have called back and talked with a supervisor.

My thoughts..

Peace out
militaryhusband

United States

#18 Dec 4, 2009
check the list you have a couple living on post one in the barracks and another in his mug shot is in uniform.they wear the uniform and carry a m16.type in fort stewart zip and look at the pic.surprize
Eli

Richmond Hill, GA

#19 Dec 31, 2009
april wrote:
you know sometimes people make mistakes i was raped at 18 and lost my virginity and i forgave him and moved on with my life and now i am with a man who made a mistake and has to live with it but i think he payed his time he should be able to live peacefully so you all need to put the hate on the true sickos and until you go through it quit judging what u know nothing about
When we first hear the term "sex offender" we have the mental picture of the child molester or rapist where violence and mental and physical torture of the victim is involved. There are many levels of "sex offenders". As someone mentioned in this comment stream, a 17 year old with a 15 year old girl friend with whom he is having sex is a sex offender and a child molester in the eyes of the law. The parties involved in a situation like this may need counciling and more control but not necessairly a life time of shame and isolation visited upon them.
It's not the 17 yer old who molests a ten year old or a rapest who savages his victim at any age.
We can not possibly write enough laws to cover every circumstance. There is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. We need intelligent and involved attorneys and judges to separate the wheat from the chaff.
It is true that sex offenders such as a child molester, particularly where there is a great age difference between them and their victim, are probably mentally ill. They will repeat their crime. No amount of prison time will change them. Only the fear of severe punishment will deter them and then only for a period of time.As the urge to commit another sex crime grows they will inevitably repeat their terrible offense and start the cycle all over again. Those types must be isolated from society, children in particular, in every way possible. Where adult males and women are involved there are countless circumstances that must be considered in every instance. There is brutal rape that should earn the death penalty. There is the case of drunken stupidity on the part of both parties involved. There is date rape with endless sets of circumstances. Worse case senario would be date rape where, as so often happens these days,the female is rendered helpless with drugs or alchole. That is a terrible act and the punishment shoud fit the crime but it still does not measure up to brutal out and out rape which should earn the death penalty.
Now I am getting bogged down in the details. My point is there are mentally ill, dangerous sex criminals at one end of the spectrum and there are stupid people, often young, at the other end with a world of varitions to be considered in between.One shoe does not fit all.

Ricter

Richmond Hill, GA

#20 Feb 26, 2010
ashley wrote:
i just wanted to say that there not all the same cases so dont judge them all!!!
Bullshi!. Judge every one of them. We judge everyday and SHOULD judge everyday. I hear this ignorant nonsense about "not judging." Question, would you move to Harlem,NY, while being a white person? Certainly, your decision isn't based on some "judging" is it? Question, would you vacation to Afghanistan? It is a beautiful country believe it or not, but would you? Certainly you aren't judging are you? Dummy, we judge everyday and SHOULD judge. That keeps us safe and alive. What we shouldn't do is judge someone to heaven or hell. That's crossing the limit and not our call, but to judge other's actions? You better believe it. Think about it, you go 70 in a 55 mile per hour zone and a cop stops you. Don't you think a judgement call has been made? It certainly has, otherwise the cop wouldn't have stopped you. Lady, think before you write and don't echo politically correct words that are the flavor of the day, but one's in which you don't even think about before writing them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 26 min Chopper Read 55,124
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Sat brasstown 2,054
What are the odds the RH gas station shooters w... Sep 10 Soup 1
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) Sep 8 FearDevil 145
Sex Offender works for Culligan...in and out of... Sep 7 Lady Glock 5
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
US Department of Labor encourage work place vio... (Jul '13) Sep 3 We told you 15
•••
•••
•••

Richmond Hill Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Richmond Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Richmond Hill News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Richmond Hill
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••