More to south Bryan's history than one man
Feb 21, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: SavannahNow
Last night the Richmond Hill City Council put an end, at least temporarily, to the question as to whether the city would continue to refer to itself as "A Henry Ford City" when the council voted to retain the moniker .
#1 Feb 22, 2010
You know, I left that dump about 20 years ago, and can safely say that after reading this nobody in that town has change one bit. Ford is all that town had, will have, or can ever hope to have. It's nothing but a truck stop town, and if they let go of the Henry Ford Angle it's really nothing more than a retreat from Savannah at best.
Lord knows I don't miss that town, or anyone in it!
#2 Feb 26, 2010
And the town doesn't miss you clown. Richmond Hill has one of the top school systems in the state of GA. The town has one of the highest per capita incomes in the state of GA. It's a beautiful town with tons of golf and beautiful neighborhoods right on the water. You wrote yourself...it's nothing more than a retreat from Savannah. Ummmm. no shit shirlock. It's exactly that. Ever wonder why so much of Savannah's bigwigs and money makers and so many military officers live in Richmond Hill? Well, that's because it's an upscale very well to do town. Say what you wish, but don't hammer away at the entire town because you had some bad experience. Even the most objective citizen anywhere in Eastern GA that knows anything about Richmond Hill will tell you the town is full of class and one of the classier towns in the state of GA.
#3 Feb 26, 2010
If you think that ridiculous subdivision of cracker box mass produced homes known as Piercefield is class then I mock you. What you have a train track there? lol. A collection of motels is all it really is and people with a small town mentality. If you think that school system, which I was a student of for two ridiculous years, is something to be proud of I mock you. The teachers my siblings and I had were too interested in who's child you were and if you weren't from a family they liked then they would treat you like trash. Pep rallies at Richmond Hill High were another joke, I remember the teachers telling us not to make too much noise, and then if you did they'd threaten not to have one again. To my shock after I moved I discovered you are supposed to make noise at a pep rally. Nobody knows, or cares what Richmond Hill thinks it is, heck the best place to eat was that truck stop place, and that should tell you something. Military officers live in Richmond Hill because they are stationed at a base near by, and I bet if they had a choice they would find a better place to live as I did. The reason why it's a retreat from Savannah is because Savannah is so over-run by gangs and crime nobody in their right mind would live there. People move to Richmond Hill more or less because it is the best choice of an over-all bad area. In fact I have lived in all parts of Georgia and there are much nicer towns than that place. I have also lived in all parts of Florida and can safely tell you that if I owned Richmond Hill and Hell, and I had to select one to live in, I'd sell Richmond Hill and gleefully go straight to Hell!
"Richmond Hill", they should rename it "Richmond Hell".
#4 Feb 26, 2010
Funny, I don't see Bryan County on this list. If you are looking at graduations rates, sure they rank high, but there are higher ranked districts in Georgia. You have to also consider the Student Population of Bryan County, which isn't near as high as some of the other districts who have graduation rates in and around the same as Bryan County.
Top 25 Georgia high schools by average SAT score
1. Richmond County, John S Davidson Fine Arts Magnet School, 1744
2. Fulton County, Northview High School, 1722
3. Cobb County, Walton High School, 1722
4. Savannah-Chatham, Savannah Arts Academy, 1711
5. Muscogee County, Columbus High School, 1697
6. Fulton County, Riverwood High School, 1688
7. Fulton County, Alpharetta High School, 1686
8. Fulton County, Chattahoochee High School, 1678
9. Fulton County, Roswell High School, 1671
10. DeKalb County, Chamblee High School, 1662
11. Cobb County, Lassiter High School, 1658
12. Fulton County, Milton High School, 1657
13. Cobb County, Alan C. Pope High School, 1656
14. Catoosa County, Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe High School, 1651
15. Cobb County, Wheeler High School, 1640
16. Fayette County, Starr's Mill High School, 1632
17. Fayette County, McIntosh High School, 1632
18. Gwinnett County, Brookwood High School, 1625
19. Forsyth County, South Forsyth High School, 1622
20. Fulton County, Centennial High School, 1614
21. Columbia County, Lakeside High School, 1600
22. DeKalb County, Lakeside High School, 1598
23. Cobb County, Harrison High School, 1596
23. Gwinnett County, Parkview High School, 1596
24. Trion City, Trion High School, 1596
Add your comments below
|GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10)||2 hr||Synergy||53,090|
|GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10)||12 hr||Pfffft||185|
|Debate: Marijuana - Savannah, GA (Aug '10)||Wed||starlust24||49|
|Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07)||Aug 26||Patty M||144|
|Sweet William and the Stereos (Aug '11)||Aug 19||Sam||5|
|Garage sale||Aug 13||Park Row||1|
|Review: Abbott, Greg DDS - Greg Abbott DDS (Jul '10)||Aug 9||GoDotGa||12|
Find what you want!
Search Richmond Hill Forum Now