Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Richmond Hill Forum

Comments (Page 628)

Showing posts 12,541 - 12,560 of39,406
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 13

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

That BoobHead McCain (see? Non partisan I can be) has just about had ENOUGH of the Tea Party in the Senate!
They just don't know how backroom deals are done!

Backroom = transparency
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Death Panel wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians mind their own business.
I KNOW you didn't just say that, did you? Is that a position you REALLY want to take?
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Death Panel wrote:
<quoted text>
God is trumped by nothing. Not science nor Man.
Not the ways of man, the laws of man, the theories of man.
Not the Cause of the day/week/month of man. Not the whims of man.
God is not fodder for a hateful message board. God is not political.
Why is it the Progressive?Communists on this board and other boards, feel this blood lust to talk the subject to death?
You think you're going to shake our faith?
This is treading on dangerous ground.
I couldn't care less if you believe in god or not. If you proclaim that we can't identify truths in the natural universe (otherwise known as science), or, that despite all evidence, something doesn't exist, I'll argue with you on the point.

If you VOTE for people that proclaim their "belief system" outweighs logic and science, I'll oppose you with everything I've got.

Why is "God" political? Because misguided people and politicians seeking to exploit misguided people have made it so. If they would simply "mind their own business" as you claim they do there would be no problem.

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

That's all you have to say, Chickn? Nothing to add to the conversation?

How about we try talking.

Remember, I came here to this mostly mess of a board to your stomping grounds. The tone is hostile here.

Set an example. Talk to not at.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
+1 well stated.
It will be interesting to see how "they" attack this post, I STILL haven't seen anything to refute the comments of Ed Conard...
Don't count that as some kind of "win".

Nobody is engaging because it was such a ridiculous position in the first place that no one feels it's WORTH a response.

You might as well have quoted Hitler as an expert to argue that Jewish people are a problem.

You said something stupid yesterday and you looked stupid. Get over it. Today is a new day. Try to say something that isn't stupid today, you'll get better results.

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't care less if you believe in god or not. If you proclaim that we can't identify truths in the natural universe (otherwise known as science), or, that despite all evidence, something doesn't exist, I'll argue with you on the point.
If you VOTE for people that proclaim their "belief system" outweighs logic and science, I'll oppose you with everything I've got.
Why is "God" political? Because misguided people and politicians seeking to exploit misguided people have made it so. If they would simply "mind their own business" as you claim they do there would be no problem.
Change can be good.
Changing your diaper = good.
Allowing people of all races to ride a bus together = good
Going to AA if you're an alcoholic = good in most eyes
Medical science = almost always good if it helps
Geological science to help find oil underground thereby making us a non Islam dependent country = good (Science can be VERY good)

Changing the Constitution = bad
Changing America to a --
Communist state
Dictatorship
Marxist state
Secular state
Welfare state
One Rule Tyrant state
White people are evil state
A country that lets the IRS run our healthcare, not to mention the thuggery and terrorist activities of late
= bad

Our grandparents in their graves would be ashamed of us.

Your thoughts?
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I do not "need" to end this discussion - and you don't have discussions- you cut and paste dissertations. Give us your own opinion in your own words and they might prove of interest. Otherwise, I usually skip them - I am interested in people's own opinions - with the occasional quotation to back up a point.

You didn't answer my question and I really want an answer - who has defined "True Christian" and if it was me, show me - so that I can correct any false impression I mistakenly gave.
The cut and paste scold emerges once again, those with whom you agree make an excellent point, those with whom you do not should use their own words.

The point of the post that you don't get the point of, is that, your "concern" is always reserved for those who disagree with you.

You object to Christians being characterized as anti-science, or characterized as uncaring, or the thousand other stereotypes that are really meaningless, but exhibit no such "concern" when the same methods of stereotyping are used by those with whom you agree.

Your "concern" always rings hollow because it is contrived to show how "reasonable" you are.

As far as who has defined "True Christian", if you are not familiar with this line of argument in these discussions then you haven't been paying attention, it's really no different than those who claim to be the True Patriot. And just to be perfectly clear, no I'm not pointing the finger at you, except in the sense of your selective concern for stereotypes.

As far as pointing out specific instances, you got to be joking, this topic contains over 600 pages, and this page will bury itself by this evening.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Death Panel wrote:
<quoted text>

You do realize that all Amendments to the US Constitution have instituted change to the original document.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Death Panel wrote:
<quoted text>
Change can be good.
Changing your diaper = good.
Allowing people of all races to ride a bus together = good
Going to AA if you're an alcoholic = good in most eyes
Medical science = almost always good if it helps
Geological science to help find oil underground thereby making us a non Islam dependent country = good (Science can be VERY good)
Changing America to a --
Communist state
Dictatorship
Marxist state
Secular state
Welfare state
One Rule Tyrant state
White people are evil state
A country that lets the IRS run our healthcare, not to mention the thuggery and terrorist activities of late
= bad
Our grandparents in their graves would be ashamed of us.
Your thoughts?
You've got a problem typical in many. You go with your "base reaction" to certain stimuli.

Sometimes "feelings" can be useful in solving a problem or identifying a situation. Some things just need logic applied to them, plain and simple.

When you say things like "white people are evil state" or "communist state" it's quite apparent which method you're using.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Every once in a while a post comes along with a line that speaks volumes, although it contains but a few words.
As an aficionado of all things sardonic
please allow me to award you the TOPIX "Line of the Day" award for:
"I'm going with the Nature instead of the Nurture theory on this one."
An understated, casually cutting and caustic, which implies an educated author who appreciates dry wit.
Even my wife - who makes a Russian judge seem generous, gave it a 9.4.
Glad you enjoyed it!:) Some things just ring true, don't they?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I answered it directly in my opening sentence and then supported my position. Why don't you do the same.
What you did was feign ignorance of "all" (your word not mine) workers while have previously written this: "...the conditions under which many American workers labored then has no relation to the condition of the American worker of today." "the American worker of today" Now would that be all workers or just the ones that you have determined no longer have poor working conditions and may be in need of the benefit of a collective bargaining apparatus? Then all you did was, unnecessarily, reiterate why you think unions have outlived their usefulness. You didn't answer the first question so I suppose you gave yourself a by on the second one because you didn't even address it much less answer it. And both could have easily been answered with a simple yes or no. Your non answers are a joke.

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got a problem typical in many. You go with your "base reaction" to certain stimuli.
Sometimes "feelings" can be useful in solving a problem or identifying a situation. Some things just need logic applied to them, plain and simple.
When you say things like "white people are evil state" or "communist state" it's quite apparent which method you're using.
Sooooo....no opinions? Just attacks?

Not interested in your hostility.

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that all Amendments to the US Constitution have instituted change to the original document.
I go nowhere without my pocket Constitution.

It stays in my purse and when I change bags, it goes into that bag.

I have a second pocket Constitution next to my bed along with my Bible.

When I'm sitting in a parking lot waiting for the person I'm with to come out of the store, gas station, etc, you can find me reading the booklet.

Growing up, I saw a framed sepia colored Constitution on the wall next to my bedroom in the hall.

So don't try to gotcha me on the Constitution.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
The cut and paste scold emerges once again, those with whom you agree make an excellent point, those with whom you do not should use their own words.
The point of the post that you don't get the point of, is that, your "concern" is always reserved for those who disagree with you.
You object to Christians being characterized as anti-science, or characterized as uncaring, or the thousand other stereotypes that are really meaningless, but exhibit no such "concern" when the same methods of stereotyping are used by those with whom you agree.
Your "concern" always rings hollow because it is contrived to show how "reasonable" you are.
As far as who has defined "True Christian", if you are not familiar with this line of argument in these discussions then you haven't been paying attention, it's really no different than those who claim to be the True Patriot. And just to be perfectly clear, no I'm not pointing the finger at you, except in the sense of your selective concern for stereotypes.
As far as pointing out specific instances, you got to be joking, this topic contains over 600 pages, and this page will bury itself by this evening.
I would prefer anyone posting on here use their own opinions rather than posting the opinions of others in mass quantities. However, occasional quotes to underscore points can be very effective.
But, why should I take up an issue with those I agree with - I have to do "your job" too?- how indicative of the Leftist mindset.
And if you are going to criticize my posts - how about actually paying attention to them - on more than one occasion I have acknowledged my giving most of you the benefit of the doubt in terms of motivations - I just believe you are exceedingly wrong in your perception of the appropriate response to problems as, in general, I believe the solutions the Left believes in either only make the problems worse or create new ones.
But you on the Left continually question not just our positions, but the motivations behind them and call us greedy or selfish or ignorant, RWW, and on and on- refusing to grant us the benefit that we believe our positions are every bit as founded in fact and experience as you apparently believe yours to be.

Your post directed specifically to me:
"And yet we never hear you admonish those who claim exclusive knowledge of just who constitutes the True Christian."
I ask you to give me more information so I can either clarify my position or do exactly what you claim I do not do.
You then claim I have no been paying attention or refer back to 600 pages of post.-
So obviously you had no real instance of someone claiming only those who agreed with x, y and z can call themselves "True Christians" - you just threw a Straw Man out there to try and discredit my response. Typical and childish.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Death Panel wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooooo....no opinions? Just attacks?
Not interested in your hostility.
There was no hostility at all in that post. The opinion was that you're using the wrong criteria to judge the problems and it was non-productive.

Why do you always walk around with a chip on your shoulder?
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Death Panel wrote:
<quoted text>
I go nowhere without my pocket Constitution.
It stays in my purse and when I change bags, it goes into that bag.
I have a second pocket Constitution next to my bed along with my Bible.
When I'm sitting in a parking lot waiting for the person I'm with to come out of the store, gas station, etc, you can find me reading the booklet.
Growing up, I saw a framed sepia colored Constitution on the wall next to my bedroom in the hall.
So don't try to gotcha me on the Constitution.
Wow, all of that is really something, unfortunately it does not inform us as to your knowledge of the purpose of an Amendment, unless this is your round about way of retracting this statement:

Here's a simple question,
does an Amendment change the document it is attached to?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't count that as some kind of "win".
Nobody is engaging because it was such a ridiculous position in the first place that no one feels it's WORTH a response.
You might as well have quoted Hitler as an expert to argue that Jewish people are a problem.
You said something stupid yesterday and you looked stupid. Get over it. Today is a new day. Try to say something that isn't stupid today, you'll get better results.
I'm wondering if anyone else sees the irony in this post.

Can't debate/refute someone's points (because of where the person works or worked), typical of the clueless and uneducated. Same thing he/she has done under several different names, so it's not unexpected.

BTW, his/her Hitler reference really says a lot about his/her (lack of) character.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would prefer anyone posting on here use their own opinions rather than posting the opinions of others in mass quantities. However, occasional quotes to underscore points can be very effective.
Your post directed specifically to me:
"And yet we never hear you admonish those who claim exclusive knowledge of just who constitutes the True Christian."
I ask you to give me more information so I can either clarify my position or do exactly what you claim I do not do.
You then claim I have no been paying attention or refer back to 600 pages of post.-
So obviously you had no real instance of someone claiming only those who agreed with x, y and z can call themselves "True Christians" - you just threw a Straw Man out there to try and discredit my response. Typical and childish.
I will continue to post in the manner I feel is most effective, which may include extensive cut and paste of both opinion articles and factual statements.
I will keep this mind, wouldn't want any strawmen to creep into these discussions.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to say something that isn't stupid today
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wondering if anyone else sees the irony in this post.
Can't debate/refute someone's points (because of where the person works or worked), typical of the clueless and uneducated. Same thing he/she has done under several different names, so it's not unexpected.
BTW, his/her Hitler reference really says a lot about his/her (lack of) character.
So much for that.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
I will continue to post in the manner I feel is most effective, which may include extensive cut and paste of both opinion articles and factual statements.
I will keep this mind, wouldn't want any strawmen to creep into these discussions.
That's cool, that just validates my decision to typically blow past your posts.

When you have something that you can legitimately debate on your own, why don't you star your posts so we'll know you might have just posted something you can actually discuss.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,541 - 12,560 of39,406
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Watch for Bryan County was issued at April 18 at 5:46PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Richmond Hill Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Richmond Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE