Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7662 Apr 25, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
You know what's funny about that comment? In that very same article from 2000 Gore said "The math still doesn't add up!".
Turns out that it didn't add up.
But Republicans still keep on wanting to follow that path to proven destruction. Idiots.
The Internet plus Google,
ain't it grand!
Bored

Commerce, GA

#7663 Apr 25, 2013
Chicknbutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Could that POSSIBLY have any connection to the fact that Bush destroyed the economy and millions of Americans lost their jobs after he tanked the country? Maybe? Any idea how those two things could be related--can you possibly see it?
No? Ok, coming from a person who flat-out claimed that "Bush handed over a pristine economy to Obama", I can see that you may have a problem making a connection.
So how about this?
the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition service for month-by-month figures going back to January 2001. And they show that under President George W. Bush the number of recipients rose by nearly 14.7 million. Nothing before comes close to that.
And under Obama, the increase so far has been 14.2 million. To be exact, the program has so far grown by 444,574 fewer recipients during Obama’s time in office than during Bush’s.
How about this?
The USDA began promoting food stamps with paid radio ads in 2004, under President George W. Bush, and food stamp participation increased 63 percent.
Old news is old old.
Seeing as most of your posts are bs, why should I believe you on this post.

What's in a ad.
New news is new new.

"Obama Administration Paying People To ‘Recruit’ Folks Onto Food Stamps… Fraud More Than Doubles In 3 Years…$750 million Each Year."

Chicknbutt

Douglasville, GA

#7664 Apr 25, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
why should I believe you on this post.
Because it's a fact.

I love how you just dismiss anything that doesn't hold up to your world view.

*POOF*- fact disappears as if it never existed! They just don't matter to you. You'll just roll on over to the next anti-Obama thing you can dream up. Then a week from now you'll bring this one up again as if you've never heard the truth.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7665 Apr 25, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll make a bet with you! I bet I have workered longer...missed less days at work....paid more taxes than you and your daddy put together. Wind bags knocking people they don't even know is nothing more than the wind blowing. You have no facts about you get on here and say everytime. Just plain old bull crap.
Funniest post this morning. Your FACTS????? Just because YOU SAY IT, most certainly doesn't make it so. What a goofy post.*laughing*
You'll make a BET???? Yep! That's probably what you do with your paycheck.

Location hidden

#7666 Apr 25, 2013
Chicknbutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read the last two paragraphs. Did you? If you did read and comprehend the text you wouldn't think you have some kind of smoking gun.
But WHAT IF YOU"RE WRONG??? HUH?? HUH???
Just weird liberal math to get that surplus. How many links do you need? lol
At any rate, IF that had been a realized surplus, wonder what part that republican congress had in achieving that?

Location hidden

#7667 Apr 25, 2013
Chicknbutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Could that POSSIBLY have any connection to the fact that Bush destroyed the economy and millions of Americans lost their jobs after he tanked the country? Maybe? Any idea how those two things could be related--can you possibly see it?
No? Ok, coming from a person who flat-out claimed that "Bush handed over a pristine economy to Obama", I can see that you may have a problem making a connection.
So how about this?
the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition service for month-by-month figures going back to January 2001. And they show that under President George W. Bush the number of recipients rose by nearly 14.7 million. Nothing before comes close to that.
And under Obama, the increase so far has been 14.2 million. To be exact, the program has so far grown by 444,574 fewer recipients during Obama’s time in office than during Bush’s.
How about this?
The USDA began promoting food stamps with paid radio ads in 2004, under President George W. Bush, and food stamp participation increased 63 percent.
Chickenbutt!!! Really? THIS is your defense?
The best you can come up with is your sentence about:......" the Department of Agri.......nothing before comes close to that." ??? How about posting some CURRENT figures? Huh, huh?????????? YOUR GUY is president. Post CURRENT foodstamp and government participants.

Location hidden

#7668 Apr 25, 2013
Chicknbutt wrote:
I noticed you took that link(picture) from the Obama website. Thanks for sharing.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7669 Apr 25, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Nationwide, the solar industry says it employs 119,000 people.
Here's some coal dust in your eyes.
"There are approximately 174,000 blue-collar, full-time, permanent jobs related to coal in the U.S."
"This total does not include indirect employment - workers who are not directly employed in the coal industry, but whose jobs are supported by that industry, which ranges in the low hundreds of thousands."
And here's some fossil fuel to burn you up.
"Even with a breakneck pace of growth, the clean-energy industry would not be creating as many jobs as the fossil fuel industry: It simply is not big enough at the moment to draw in hundreds of thousands of new workers per year. The Pew study, for instance, estimated that 770,000 people worked in green energy. That compares with more than nine million jobs for oil and gas, and many more for coal and other industries."
I guess your still working on finding the lasdt sun shine spill that flowed down a subdivision street ruining the neighborhood.

Well here's the source of their numbers, where's yours. Not sure how they came up with their statement, but the sector is growing, perhaps you think that fossil fuels will outlast other methods of power generation.

http://thesolarfoundation.org/solarstates
http://thesolarfoundation.org/blog/119000-job...

It's understandable the opposition some have, the investment in these energy sources must be protected at all costs.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#7670 Apr 25, 2013
Chicknbutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's a fact.
I love how you just dismiss anything that doesn't hold up to your world view.
*POOF*- fact disappears as if it never existed! They just don't matter to you. You'll just roll on over to the next anti-Obama thing you can dream up. Then a week from now you'll bring this one up again as if you've never heard the truth.
Libtard facts galore are usually wrong and so are you.
You live in the past, you die in the past. Come into the present and see how you compare to 10 or 12 years ago, or even 4.

"When President Bush took office in 2001, there were 17.3 million people on food stamps. During his last full year in office, 2008, there were 28.2 million on food stamps -- an increase of 10.9 million – or a 63 percent increase over an 8-year period.

But from the last full year of Bush’s presidency (2008) through 2011, just three years into President Obama’s presidency, the number of people on food stamps increased 16.5 million -- going from 28.2 million to 44.7 million -- an increase of 59 percent in just a 3-year period.

If you compare the average increase per year of the number of people on food stamps during the Bush administration (1.5 million) versus the average increase per year during the Obama administration (5.5 million)– food stamps have increased nearly 4 times more per year under Obama than under Bush."
Bored

Commerce, GA

#7671 Apr 25, 2013
Today the number is 47 million on food stamps, libtard facts not included.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7672 Apr 25, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
And so does you story beginning in the middleof the story. Let's go back to another decade.

The story is laid out in detail in The Great American Bank Robbery by Paul Sperry and The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell. Here it is in a nutshell.
Why is it that when you cut and paste you never provide a reference to the source, perhaps you don't want folks to know where the material is coming from.

Paul Sperry and Thomas Sowell, a couple of unbiased sources, thanks for chuckles.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#7673 Apr 25, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess your still working on finding the lasdt sun shine spill that flowed down a subdivision street ruining the neighborhood.
Well here's the source of their numbers, where's yours. Not sure how they came up with their statement, but the sector is growing, perhaps you think that fossil fuels will outlast other methods of power generation.
It's understandable the opposition some have, the investment in these energy sources must be protected at all costs.

google is your friend, try it.

"It's understandable the opposition some have, the investment in these energy sources must be protected at all costs."

A typical libtard response to spending and wasting taxpayer dollars.

A complete list of failed green energy companies at taxpayer expense. Read and weep or in your case cheer.

http://www.dividedstates.com/list-of-failed-o...

Another link.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/22/news/economy/...

And cant find a one that is self-supporting today. Maybe you can put forth an effort and find one. Oh, I forget. You blast the oil companies who pay taxes and support green companies who live off tax dollars. My bad, I forget you are a libtard.

Location hidden

#7674 Apr 25, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Libtard facts galore are usually wrong and so are you.
You live in the past, you die in the past. Come into the present and see how you compare to 10 or 12 years ago, or even 4.
"When President Bush took office in 2001, there were 17.3 million people on food stamps. During his last full year in office, 2008, there were 28.2 million on food stamps -- an increase of 10.9 million – or a 63 percent increase over an 8-year period.
But from the last full year of Bush’s presidency (2008) through 2011, just three years into President Obama’s presidency, the number of people on food stamps increased 16.5 million -- going from 28.2 million to 44.7 million -- an increase of 59 percent in just a 3-year period.
If you compare the average increase per year of the number of people on food stamps during the Bush administration (1.5 million) versus the average increase per year during the Obama administration (5.5 million)– food stamps have increased nearly 4 times more per year under Obama than under Bush."
The libs NEVER let facts stand in their way. They just invent as they go. They aspire to be able to "spin" just like the left wing media. THAT is a lofty ambition, don't 'cha know.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7675 Apr 25, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, partner. Take a look at Clinton's congress. Gotta love it.
I fully understand your need to change the subject, you went to all that trouble to show that there was no surplaus, then candidate Bush the Lesser cracks an egg on your forehead by calling for tax cuts because of the surplus.

Not much you can do but change the subject.

Location hidden

#7676 Apr 25, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that when you cut and paste you never provide a reference to the source, perhaps you don't want folks to know where the material is coming from.
Paul Sperry and Thomas Sowell, a couple of unbiased sources, thanks for chuckles.
Would you please ask your fellow libs on topix to do the same???? I've asked several of you to post your links and you just don't want to do it. Perhaps the link to Motherjones is bad or something.

Location hidden

#7677 Apr 25, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
The complete list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies:
Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
Solyndra ($535 million)*
Beacon Power ($43 million)*
Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
SunPower ($1.2 billion)
First Solar ($1.46 billion)
Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
Amonix ($5.9 million)
Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
Abound Solar ($400 million)*
A123 Systems ($279 million)*
Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
Johnson Controls ($299 million)
Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
ECOtality ($126.2 million)
Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
Mountain Plaza, Inc.($2 million)*
Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
Range Fuels ($80 million)*
Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
GreenVolts ($500,000)
Vestas ($50 million)
LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
Navistar ($39 million)
Satcon ($3 million)*
Konarka Technologies Inc.($20 million)*
Mascoma Corp.($100 million)
*Denotes companies that have filed for bankruptcy.

Location hidden

#7678 Apr 25, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the link.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/10/18/president...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7679 Apr 25, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted scripture which CLEARLY refutes your yammering. You will spin ANYTHING to make yourself appear correct. You aren't. Your A- must have been for attendance. BTW, I didn't read all that junk. Just lightly scanned. Didn't have to read it. You make it up as you go.
You are so funny....

You pull a verse out of Leviticus and hold it up as proof that homosexuality is an abomination, but other verses that describe abomination and unacceptable behavoir are brought to your attention, those are twisted. Then you admit that you didn't read the whole post, and one must wonder if you've even read Leviticus, or just know of the one verse that suits your purpose.

Take your time, that's a lot of egg on your face.
wont work

Reidsville, GA

#7680 Apr 25, 2013
Bored wrote:
Here's in your eye.
"Solar supporters are going on the offensive about their field's jobs angle. The industry receives considerable government support, and talking about its employment advantages broadens the conversation beyond global warming."
Considerable gubment support = tax dollars wasted.
If it was self supporting, it could work. Being just another welfare agency, it's a lousy proposition.
Fossil fuels are not a renewable resource and even with the new production in the U.S. will only continue to rise in cost. Solar is not self-supporting anywhere in the world, but fostered by governments around the world as it is now, it will be. BREMC is now offering green power, but as BRMEMC always does they are going to charge extra for it, that will change.
Solar is going to be here as long as humans can still survive on this planet. Now if you don't care that your children’s children’s children might have a huge problem then it won't matter to you at all. As for the argument that gubment support = tax dollars wasted. Let’s really stop government waste and do away with Social Security, Medicare and all the other programs that are nothing more than welfare for old folks. But you only care about yourself so that won't work either.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7681 Apr 25, 2013
Synergy wrote:
Uhmmm, let's take a look at one of these "failures" of the government playing Venture Capitalists, picking winners and losers....

Course the knowledge and patents are just so much waste, and should never be seen as investments or the cost of discovery.

Should we discuss the bias of the Heritage Foundation, of course not, bias is good when it supports your position.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konarka_Technol...

Konarka Technologies, Inc.
...The company was developing two types of organic solar cells: polymer-fullerene solar cells and dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). Konarka cells were lightweight, flexible photovoltaics that could be printed as film or coated onto surfaces.

The company had hoped its manufacturing process, which utilized organic chemistry, would result in higher energy conversion efficiency at lower cost than traditional silicon fabricated solar cells.[citation needed] Konarka was also researching infrared light activated photovoltaics which would enable night-time power generation.

...As of 2006, Konarka had received $60 million in funding from venture capital firms including 3i, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, New Enterprise Associates, Good Energies and Chevron Technology Ventures.[3] Konarka also received nearly $10 million in combined grants from the Pentagon and European governments, and in 2007 was approved for further funding through the Solar America Initiative, a component of the White House's Advanced Energy Initiative.[4] The company raised a further $45 million in private capital financing in October 2007 in a financing round led by Mackenzie Financial Corporation.[5]

The company also received $1.5 million from a state of Massachusetts alternative energy trust fund in 2003 during Governor Mitt Romney's term and another $5 million during Governor Deval Patrick's term. At the time of its bankruptcy filing in 2012, its funding history was summarized: "Konarka raised more than $170 million in private capital investments and $20 million in government grants, according to its website. Under the Bush administration, Konarka received a $1.6 million Army contract in 2005 and a $3.6 million award from the Department of Energy in 2007. Under the Obama administration, Konarka was one of 183 clean-energy companies that got a total of $2.3 billion in tax credits as part of the 2009 stimulus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) Sat Wesley vornbro k 154
Normandt Towers Apartments Sat V_Hours 2
Pooler Parkway Dental. Pooler, GA Apr 20 PoolerParkwayDent... 1
The Sanctuary 4584 Cox Rd. Evans GA., RACIST & ... (Jun '16) Apr 16 Prodigal Son 3
looking for sugar baby (Aug '16) Apr 16 Farrell Landon 2
Savannah Sidewalks & Trash: A Study on Behavior... Apr 15 Iris09 1
Winn Dixie is owned and operated by the klu klu... (Jun '16) Apr 14 Chris 3

Richmond Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Hill Mortgages