Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7667 Apr 25, 2013
Chicknbutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Could that POSSIBLY have any connection to the fact that Bush destroyed the economy and millions of Americans lost their jobs after he tanked the country? Maybe? Any idea how those two things could be related--can you possibly see it?
No? Ok, coming from a person who flat-out claimed that "Bush handed over a pristine economy to Obama", I can see that you may have a problem making a connection.
So how about this?
the U.S. Department of Agricultureís Food and Nutrition service for month-by-month figures going back to January 2001. And they show that under President George W. Bush the number of recipients rose by nearly 14.7 million. Nothing before comes close to that.
And under Obama, the increase so far has been 14.2 million. To be exact, the program has so far grown by 444,574 fewer recipients during Obamaís time in office than during Bushís.
How about this?
The USDA began promoting food stamps with paid radio ads in 2004, under President George W. Bush, and food stamp participation increased 63 percent.
Chickenbutt!!! Really? THIS is your defense?
The best you can come up with is your sentence about:......" the Department of Agri.......nothing before comes close to that." ??? How about posting some CURRENT figures? Huh, huh?????????? YOUR GUY is president. Post CURRENT foodstamp and government participants.

Location hidden

#7668 Apr 25, 2013
Chicknbutt wrote:
I noticed you took that link(picture) from the Obama website. Thanks for sharing.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7669 Apr 25, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Nationwide, the solar industry says it employs 119,000 people.
Here's some coal dust in your eyes.
"There are approximately 174,000 blue-collar, full-time, permanent jobs related to coal in the U.S."
"This total does not include indirect employment - workers who are not directly employed in the coal industry, but whose jobs are supported by that industry, which ranges in the low hundreds of thousands."
And here's some fossil fuel to burn you up.
"Even with a breakneck pace of growth, the clean-energy industry would not be creating as many jobs as the fossil fuel industry: It simply is not big enough at the moment to draw in hundreds of thousands of new workers per year. The Pew study, for instance, estimated that 770,000 people worked in green energy. That compares with more than nine million jobs for oil and gas, and many more for coal and other industries."
I guess your still working on finding the lasdt sun shine spill that flowed down a subdivision street ruining the neighborhood.

Well here's the source of their numbers, where's yours. Not sure how they came up with their statement, but the sector is growing, perhaps you think that fossil fuels will outlast other methods of power generation.

http://thesolarfoundation.org/solarstates
http://thesolarfoundation.org/blog/119000-job...

It's understandable the opposition some have, the investment in these energy sources must be protected at all costs.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

#7670 Apr 25, 2013
Chicknbutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's a fact.
I love how you just dismiss anything that doesn't hold up to your world view.
*POOF*- fact disappears as if it never existed! They just don't matter to you. You'll just roll on over to the next anti-Obama thing you can dream up. Then a week from now you'll bring this one up again as if you've never heard the truth.
Libtard facts galore are usually wrong and so are you.
You live in the past, you die in the past. Come into the present and see how you compare to 10 or 12 years ago, or even 4.

"When President Bush took office in 2001, there were 17.3 million people on food stamps. During his last full year in office, 2008, there were 28.2 million on food stamps -- an increase of 10.9 million Ė or a 63 percent increase over an 8-year period.

But from the last full year of Bushís presidency (2008) through 2011, just three years into President Obamaís presidency, the number of people on food stamps increased 16.5 million -- going from 28.2 million to 44.7 million -- an increase of 59 percent in just a 3-year period.

If you compare the average increase per year of the number of people on food stamps during the Bush administration (1.5 million) versus the average increase per year during the Obama administration (5.5 million)Ė food stamps have increased nearly 4 times more per year under Obama than under Bush."
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

#7671 Apr 25, 2013
Today the number is 47 million on food stamps, libtard facts not included.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7672 Apr 25, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
And so does you story beginning in the middleof the story. Let's go back to another decade.

The story is laid out in detail in The Great American Bank Robbery by Paul Sperry and The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell. Here it is in a nutshell.
Why is it that when you cut and paste you never provide a reference to the source, perhaps you don't want folks to know where the material is coming from.

Paul Sperry and Thomas Sowell, a couple of unbiased sources, thanks for chuckles.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

#7673 Apr 25, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess your still working on finding the lasdt sun shine spill that flowed down a subdivision street ruining the neighborhood.
Well here's the source of their numbers, where's yours. Not sure how they came up with their statement, but the sector is growing, perhaps you think that fossil fuels will outlast other methods of power generation.
It's understandable the opposition some have, the investment in these energy sources must be protected at all costs.

google is your friend, try it.

"It's understandable the opposition some have, the investment in these energy sources must be protected at all costs."

A typical libtard response to spending and wasting taxpayer dollars.

A complete list of failed green energy companies at taxpayer expense. Read and weep or in your case cheer.

http://www.dividedstates.com/list-of-failed-o...

Another link.
http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/22/news/economy/...

And cant find a one that is self-supporting today. Maybe you can put forth an effort and find one. Oh, I forget. You blast the oil companies who pay taxes and support green companies who live off tax dollars. My bad, I forget you are a libtard.

Location hidden

#7674 Apr 25, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Libtard facts galore are usually wrong and so are you.
You live in the past, you die in the past. Come into the present and see how you compare to 10 or 12 years ago, or even 4.
"When President Bush took office in 2001, there were 17.3 million people on food stamps. During his last full year in office, 2008, there were 28.2 million on food stamps -- an increase of 10.9 million Ė or a 63 percent increase over an 8-year period.
But from the last full year of Bushís presidency (2008) through 2011, just three years into President Obamaís presidency, the number of people on food stamps increased 16.5 million -- going from 28.2 million to 44.7 million -- an increase of 59 percent in just a 3-year period.
If you compare the average increase per year of the number of people on food stamps during the Bush administration (1.5 million) versus the average increase per year during the Obama administration (5.5 million)Ė food stamps have increased nearly 4 times more per year under Obama than under Bush."
The libs NEVER let facts stand in their way. They just invent as they go. They aspire to be able to "spin" just like the left wing media. THAT is a lofty ambition, don't 'cha know.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7675 Apr 25, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, partner. Take a look at Clinton's congress. Gotta love it.
I fully understand your need to change the subject, you went to all that trouble to show that there was no surplaus, then candidate Bush the Lesser cracks an egg on your forehead by calling for tax cuts because of the surplus.

Not much you can do but change the subject.

Location hidden

#7676 Apr 25, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that when you cut and paste you never provide a reference to the source, perhaps you don't want folks to know where the material is coming from.
Paul Sperry and Thomas Sowell, a couple of unbiased sources, thanks for chuckles.
Would you please ask your fellow libs on topix to do the same???? I've asked several of you to post your links and you just don't want to do it. Perhaps the link to Motherjones is bad or something.

Location hidden

#7677 Apr 25, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
The complete list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies:
Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
Solyndra ($535 million)*
Beacon Power ($43 million)*
Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
SunPower ($1.2 billion)
First Solar ($1.46 billion)
Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
EnerDelís subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
Amonix ($5.9 million)
Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
Abound Solar ($400 million)*
A123 Systems ($279 million)*
Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
Johnson Controls ($299 million)
Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
ECOtality ($126.2 million)
Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
Mountain Plaza, Inc.($2 million)*
Olsenís Crop Service and Olsenís Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
Range Fuels ($80 million)*
Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
GreenVolts ($500,000)
Vestas ($50 million)
LG Chemís subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
Navistar ($39 million)
Satcon ($3 million)*
Konarka Technologies Inc.($20 million)*
Mascoma Corp.($100 million)
*Denotes companies that have filed for bankruptcy.

Location hidden

#7678 Apr 25, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the link.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/10/18/president...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7679 Apr 25, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted scripture which CLEARLY refutes your yammering. You will spin ANYTHING to make yourself appear correct. You aren't. Your A- must have been for attendance. BTW, I didn't read all that junk. Just lightly scanned. Didn't have to read it. You make it up as you go.
You are so funny....

You pull a verse out of Leviticus and hold it up as proof that homosexuality is an abomination, but other verses that describe abomination and unacceptable behavoir are brought to your attention, those are twisted. Then you admit that you didn't read the whole post, and one must wonder if you've even read Leviticus, or just know of the one verse that suits your purpose.

Take your time, that's a lot of egg on your face.
wont work

Hiawassee, GA

#7680 Apr 25, 2013
Bored wrote:
Here's in your eye.
"Solar supporters are going on the offensive about their field's jobs angle. The industry receives considerable government support, and talking about its employment advantages broadens the conversation beyond global warming."
Considerable gubment support = tax dollars wasted.
If it was self supporting, it could work. Being just another welfare agency, it's a lousy proposition.
Fossil fuels are not a renewable resource and even with the new production in the U.S. will only continue to rise in cost. Solar is not self-supporting anywhere in the world, but fostered by governments around the world as it is now, it will be. BREMC is now offering green power, but as BRMEMC always does they are going to charge extra for it, that will change.
Solar is going to be here as long as humans can still survive on this planet. Now if you don't care that your childrenís childrenís children might have a huge problem then it won't matter to you at all. As for the argument that gubment support = tax dollars wasted. Letís really stop government waste and do away with Social Security, Medicare and all the other programs that are nothing more than welfare for old folks. But you only care about yourself so that won't work either.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7681 Apr 25, 2013
Synergy wrote:
Uhmmm, let's take a look at one of these "failures" of the government playing Venture Capitalists, picking winners and losers....

Course the knowledge and patents are just so much waste, and should never be seen as investments or the cost of discovery.

Should we discuss the bias of the Heritage Foundation, of course not, bias is good when it supports your position.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konarka_Technol...

Konarka Technologies, Inc.
...The company was developing two types of organic solar cells: polymer-fullerene solar cells and dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). Konarka cells were lightweight, flexible photovoltaics that could be printed as film or coated onto surfaces.

The company had hoped its manufacturing process, which utilized organic chemistry, would result in higher energy conversion efficiency at lower cost than traditional silicon fabricated solar cells.[citation needed] Konarka was also researching infrared light activated photovoltaics which would enable night-time power generation.

...As of 2006, Konarka had received $60 million in funding from venture capital firms including 3i, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, New Enterprise Associates, Good Energies and Chevron Technology Ventures.[3] Konarka also received nearly $10 million in combined grants from the Pentagon and European governments, and in 2007 was approved for further funding through the Solar America Initiative, a component of the White House's Advanced Energy Initiative.[4] The company raised a further $45 million in private capital financing in October 2007 in a financing round led by Mackenzie Financial Corporation.[5]

The company also received $1.5 million from a state of Massachusetts alternative energy trust fund in 2003 during Governor Mitt Romney's term and another $5 million during Governor Deval Patrick's term. At the time of its bankruptcy filing in 2012, its funding history was summarized: "Konarka raised more than $170 million in private capital investments and $20 million in government grants, according to its website. Under the Bush administration, Konarka received a $1.6 million Army contract in 2005 and a $3.6 million award from the Department of Energy in 2007. Under the Obama administration, Konarka was one of 183 clean-energy companies that got a total of $2.3 billion in tax credits as part of the 2009 stimulus.
than one

Hiawassee, GA

#7682 Apr 25, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
You mad? rotfl
You are so left wing you meet yourself coming and going. YOU are the one who gave advice about the GOP, so YOU MUST CARE.
I've never been like you and I make MY OWN decisions; therefore, I KNOW I'll never be like YOU.
Again I will tell you I care about the damn country and everyone in it, including you. The problem is you think you have, but you haven't made any decisions on your own. You have lots of input from what you chose to read and listen to, and itís obvious who they are. The only real input you have is choosing to hate, blacks, poor people, all people you feel are beneath you or are talking something from you. Ever think about us all working together as a nation for the common good, the way it was before folks like you started listening and watching conservative talk. And donít waste your breath again claiming itís all your idea, hogwash. You are just another rat following your leaders to the end, too bad. You seem smart, turn off the TV and radio, and stop looking for only answers that fit your current thinking, try REALLY thinking for yourself for a change, question the motives of the people you believe so much.
I don't think Obama is the answer, not at all. Its just better than the last two candidates your party put up. I don't have a party, I prefer to look at the person, what they say and more importantly what they have done in the past. I will agree, you will never be like me. I actually feel sorry for you, in more ways than one.

Location hidden

#7683 Apr 25, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so funny....
You pull a verse out of Leviticus and hold it up as proof that homosexuality is an abomination, but other verses that describe abomination and unacceptable behavoir are brought to your attention, those are twisted. Then you admit that you didn't read the whole post, and one must wonder if you've even read Leviticus, or just know of the one verse that suits your purpose.
Take your time, that's a lot of egg on your face.
Oh, I've read Leviticus. There is no denying what it says. NO DENYING. YOU are funny in that you can read those same words and make up some other meaning. On a personal level, I don't care whom someone marries, however, Leviticus says WHAT IT SAYS. Whom someone marries has no bearing on my life whatsoever. You can't take those particular words and manipulate them to fit your agenda.
I didn't HAVE to admit that I didn't read your entire post. I just didn't NEED to. You and your other LONG WINDED lib pals waste other's time. There is NO egg on my face. You libs just never cease to spin and that puts egg on YOUR face. This time it doesn't work. Well, it NEVER works with those who know the truth. Now, if you post another one of your Loooooooog diatribes, let me tell you right now, I'm not going to read it. Sum it up.

Location hidden

#7684 Apr 25, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmmm, let's take a look at one of these "failures" of the government playing Venture Capitalists, picking winners and losers....
Course the knowledge and patents are just so much waste, and should never be seen as investments or the cost of discovery.
Should we discuss the bias of the Heritage Foundation, of course not, bias is good when it supports your position.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konarka_Technol...
Konarka Technologies, Inc.
...The company was developing two types of organic solar cells: polymer-fullerene solar cells and dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). Konarka cells were lightweight, flexible photovoltaics that could be printed as film or coated onto surfaces.
The company had hoped its manufacturing process, which utilized organic chemistry, would result in higher energy conversion efficiency at lower cost than traditional silicon fabricated solar cells.[citation needed] Konarka was also researching infrared light activated photovoltaics which would enable night-time power generation.
...As of 2006, Konarka had received $60 million in funding from venture capital firms including 3i, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, New Enterprise Associates, Good Energies and Chevron Technology Ventures.[3] Konarka also received nearly $10 million in combined grants from the Pentagon and European governments, and in 2007 was approved for further funding through the Solar America Initiative, a component of the White House's Advanced Energy Initiative.[4] The company raised a further $45 million in private capital financing in October 2007 in a financing round led by Mackenzie Financial Corporation.[5]
The company also received $1.5 million from a state of Massachusetts alternative energy trust fund in 2003 during Governor Mitt Romney's term and another $5 million during Governor Deval Patrick's term. At the time of its bankruptcy filing in 2012, its funding history was summarized: "Konarka raised more than $170 million in private capital investments and $20 million in government grants, according to its website. Under the Bush administration, Konarka received a $1.6 million Army contract in 2005 and a $3.6 million award from the Department of Energy in 2007. Under the Obama administration, Konarka was one of 183 clean-energy companies that got a total of $2.3 billion in tax credits as part of the 2009 stimulus.
Look, the Heritage Foundation might be bias, but the numbers should be easy enough for you to check out. Of course, ALL you have is ancient reponses. How about CURRENT information? You libs keep dropping back to the past(and you say conservatives live in the past. What a laugh.) because YOUR GUY has dropped the ball. He has DONE NOTHING but make a bad situation worse.

Location hidden

#7685 Apr 25, 2013
than one wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I will tell you I care about the damn country and everyone in it, including you. The problem is you think you have, but you haven't made any decisions on your own. You have lots of input from what you chose to read and listen to, and itís obvious who they are. The only real input you have is choosing to hate, blacks, poor people, all people you feel are beneath you or are talking something from you. Ever think about us all working together as a nation for the common good, the way it was before folks like you started listening and watching conservative talk. And donít waste your breath again claiming itís all your idea, hogwash. You are just another rat following your leaders to the end, too bad. You seem smart, turn off the TV and radio, and stop looking for only answers that fit your current thinking, try REALLY thinking for yourself for a change, question the motives of the people you believe so much.
I don't think Obama is the answer, not at all. Its just better than the last two candidates your party put up. I don't have a party, I prefer to look at the person, what they say and more importantly what they have done in the past. I will agree, you will never be like me. I actually feel sorry for you, in more ways than one.
Perhaps YOU should follow your own advice. I DO think for myself. Why don't YOU do that? I am VERY concerned for MY country. How arrogant of you to tell ME what I should do. You are SO typical. If I don't agree with you, I am FULL OF HATE. You are pathetic. Perhaps YOU should get your head out of the left wing tail and think for YOURSELF. See how that works? By working together, you mean doing the left wing bidding. Why don't you hide and watch. That's not EVER going to happen.
Don't feel sorry for me. You need to look in the mirror and feel sorry for yourself because you are supporting the systematic dismantling of MY country.
BTW, if you think supporting what is happening now is going to allow you to think for yourself and make your own decisions, well, you AREN'T very smart.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

#7686 Apr 25, 2013
wont work wrote:
<quoted text>
Fossil fuels are not a renewable resource and even with the new production in the U.S. will only continue to rise in cost. Solar is not self-supporting anywhere in the world, but fostered by governments around the world as it is now, it will be. BREMC is now offering green power, but as BRMEMC always does they are going to charge extra for it, that will change.
Solar is going to be here as long as humans can still survive on this planet. Now if you don't care that your childrenís childrenís children might have a huge problem then it won't matter to you at all. As for the argument that gubment support = tax dollars wasted. Letís really stop government waste and do away with Social Security, Medicare and all the other programs that are nothing more than welfare for old folks. But you only care about yourself so that won't work either.
Sure, BRMEMC will change. Keep believing that. Their rates now are higher than Ga Power. Second or 3rd highest emc rates in the State, you just keep on believing.

Also I see you are ignorant about some entitlement programs and how they are funded, explains your post.

A libtards efforts to produce energy.

"It took a crisis to shift Roger Angel's gaze from the stars back to Earth, but we may all benefit from his full attention, locked as it is on helping crack the problem of global warming."

Another looney tunes effort.

"One idea was to create a necklace of satellites in geosynchronous orbit around the Earth that could collect the undiluted energy of sunlight, convert it to microwaves, and then beam it back home. To generate 3000 gigawatts of electrical power, we would need 600 of these satellites. This idea proved very expensive, due to the launch weight of each of the space solar power stations _ upwards of 70 thousand tons. Until space travel and construction become routine, this idea can't fly, believes Angel."

"Angel's expertise lies with telescopes and astronomy, so it seems fitting that he views the sun as our greatest hope in reducing dependence on fossil fuels. His first efforts focused on geo"engineering a way out of warming, by either pumping sulfur aerosols into the stratosphere, or constructing a giant sunshade, to block the sun's impact. He figured these fixes could work relatively quickly, but might deliver negative side effects, and in the case of the giant space screen, cost in the trillions. Regarding this orbiting sun deflector, Angel tells us that "the present administration of NASA thinks it's stupid" and won't fund it. So he has been exploring alternative solutions."

So he fails in his first 2 loony efforts and comes up with this...

"He's far more optimistic about the development of massive, ground"based solar arrays, planted on hundreds of square miles in the desert. In the U.S., this means Angel's own backyard, in Arizona, and other states along the border with Mexico. He sees these solar collection farms operating year"round, and transmitting electricity via intercontinental transmission lines to the coasts of the nation. Angel says this form of transmission is a proven and relatively inexpensive technology. He suggests using Lake Mead or other western waters as giant hydroelectric storage facilities. He is devising a prototype photovoltaic array using an abandoned PBS communication dish, and in his university workshop milling mirrors that are intended to concentrate the light of sunshine by a factor of 1000. In the Southwest, Angel says, "there is enough sunshine on a couple hundred miles square to feed the whole nation."

Wow, such forward thinking might achieve success with tax payer dollars to pay for it all, raising energy costs to astronomical dollars by each family.

Thanks to loony tune libtards, our country is broke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biking In Savannah,Georgia (Jul '13) Nov 16 Sam Smart 11
savannah. behind the conspiracy.. Nov 13 Sam Smart 1
Best internet provider Nov 7 JessicAb 1
Protests continue in West Savannah in wake of o... Oct 29 BoBo 4
Blanket drive to benefit area animal shelters Oct 28 Tonya 1
SCPS tops Portal 24-14 in Robertson's return Oct 24 Vanessa 1
Looking for missing uncle. Oct '14 FOUND ON MISSING ... 2
Richmond Hill Dating
Find my Match

Richmond Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Richmond Hill News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Richmond Hill

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:13 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:13PM
Unimpressive Win over Jaguars Exemplifies Poor AFC South
NBC Sports 8:25 PM
Is this the end of the Mike Smith era in Atlanta?
NBC Sports12:49 AM
Hoyer recovers, leads Browns past Falcons, 26-24 - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 1:28 AM
Hilton's Big Day Highlights Colts' Transition at WR
NFL 4:42 AM
Mike Smith explains shaky clock management in loss