Comments
4,241 - 4,260 of 53,283 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

#4669 Mar 9, 2013
OMTE wrote:
I never said I was married to an attorney. I said Synergy reminded me of Nancy Grace and that she was a lawyer on T.V. that my wife loved and I disliked. You need to learn how to read. I don't cuss my kids or allow them to cuss. I reserve the cussing for overgrown kids like yourself.
excuse my confussion,glad to hear that you are respectful to some.
OMTE

Perry, GA

#4670 Mar 9, 2013
glorya wrote:
I feel sorry for your kids. I will NEVER believe the attitude you display here doesn't spill over into your family life. I could slice n dice you with words too, but why waste my breath? Done.
I don't care what you think. I feel sorry for your daddy. Well nevermind. I won't go there. This is to easy. Never thought I'd miss the old bird. Give it your best shot sissy cut me to the bone. LOL.
OMTE

Perry, GA

#4671 Mar 9, 2013
I'm just playing I'll quit. Ya'll can get back to your water cooler discussions as IO called it. Hear! Hear! I got to go cut some grass. Goodbye.
example

Cornelia, GA

#4672 Mar 9, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>What about the 28,500 american troops that are stationed in South Korea? I don't think they'd need a long range missile to hit them. There was a guy on Fox News lastnight saying; that he believed it was more likely that they'd share this technology with terrorists and smuggle a bomb here piece by piece. That they'd then call the White House and ask them if they wanted to deal then. I agree with Dave. If someone tells me they're going to shoot me and I whether I believe they have a gun or not; I'm going to lay that a$$ down.
They don't have the technology. Two of the most tech savvy countries in the world are watching all the time, North Korea and the U.S. They threaten to do and could do a lot of things to the South but don't. They have made threats since the Korean War ended without a win for either side. Your biggest problem is believing anything a "guy" on Fox News has to say. Itís just his opinion, designed to enraging their conservative base and get back lost ratings. If someone JUST tells you they are "going to shoot you", with his slingshot so you shoot them with your manly gun. You at the least are going to jail for life for your crime, ever heard of premeditated murder?
You are a great example of why we need background checks on everyone with a gun.
the North is NOT techsavy

Cornelia, GA

#4673 Mar 9, 2013
darn, tech savy the north is
NOT, it should have said the south and u.s.
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

#4674 Mar 9, 2013
OMTE wrote:
HLN. She's a lawyer. She's very annoying to me at times, because everything is black or white to her and she's very hardheaded. My wife loves her. She's covering the Jodi Arias trial. Me and her totally disagree to the point I have to turn the T.V. off and come play with you guys.
you were right,i found the post.i hope that you did'nt mean that because you and your wife disagreed about nancy grace that you turned the tv off and would'nt allow her to watch it,did you.what a nice guy and considerate hubby.guess i had you figured wrong.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#4675 Mar 9, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>One of the greatest attributes that a person can display to me is loyalty. I try to be respectful to you because I see you're a good person. You're loyal to your beliefs but at the same time will admit that there are faults with your parties ideology. That to me makes your point of view credible and I always try to see things from your perspective. You believe in what you're saying and are respectful even when you insult. That tells me you're open minded, compassionate, and insulting is not in your nature. I believe you were raised in a good home and haven't really had to suffer. I say that because you lack that bite in you that a person has that has had to fight for everything you have. I may be wrong so don't get offended. That's why I backed off of Synergy because if nothing else she is loyal to her cause and I admire that. You both are a little snobby though, but I can't blame you if I had money I probally would be too. I made bad decisions as a youth is why I have to work my butt off and you probally don't because you made the right decisions. I just think you think that it's that simple. If I had grown up in a good home I could be where your at as could a lot of kids. It's not that easy to make the right decisions when there is no one there to show you the way.
I don't know what to say. I appreciate your kind words. I really don't deserve them.
You are correct as I was brought up in a good home and was taught from an early age right from wrong. My family was poor but my Daddy always worked hard and kept us clothed and fed. I am not loaded with money as you may think, so I am sorry if I come across as snobby. I have nothing to be snobby about except that I took a very imperfect life, changed it into someone that now can hold his head high and look honestly in the mirror at himself. I don't work hard now as I am retired but worked very hard all my life. Don't get me wrong I can be stirred up and become the meanest sob that you may have ever seen. Getting older has mellowed me and has given me some wisdom which I wish I had when I was much younger. I might be rich now if I hadn't been such an angry restless adventurous soul.
I have learned to accept the things I can't change, turned my anger into being productive, being kind and helpful to others if I can, and found that most people are good and honest people if given the chance. Real toughness comes from within and is not always what one sees on the battlefield. Men die easily but living the right type of life is the hard part. I have always thought that what makes a man is not what he does when people are watching him but what he does when nobody is around.
Anonymous

Atlanta, GA

#4677 Mar 10, 2013
Hoooo are you? Hoo Hoo?- Hoo Hoo? You enjoy songs, thought I'd remind you of a favorite, by who else, The Who.
Birds are rare in Guam, too. The non- venomous brown snake ate them all up.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Destin, FL

#4678 Mar 10, 2013
2014 - Paul Broun
OMTE

Perry, GA

#4679 Mar 10, 2013
Glad to hear you're alright. I thought them folks had done came and got your a$$. I think it was wrong they banned your name. If something were to happen to this country I'd like to be on your team of survivors.
OMTE

Perry, GA

#4680 Mar 10, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what to say. I appreciate your kind words. I really don't deserve them.
You are correct as I was brought up in a good home and was taught from an early age right from wrong. My family was poor but my Daddy always worked hard and kept us clothed and fed. I am not loaded with money as you may think, so I am sorry if I come across as snobby. I have nothing to be snobby about except that I took a very imperfect life, changed it into someone that now can hold his head high and look honestly in the mirror at himself. I don't work hard now as I am retired but worked very hard all my life. Don't get me wrong I can be stirred up and become the meanest sob that you may have ever seen. Getting older has mellowed me and has given me some wisdom which I wish I had when I was much younger. I might be rich now if I hadn't been such an angry restless adventurous soul.
I have learned to accept the things I can't change, turned my anger into being productive, being kind and helpful to others if I can, and found that most people are good and honest people if given the chance. Real toughness comes from within and is not always what one sees on the battlefield. Men die easily but living the right type of life is the hard part. I have always thought that what makes a man is not what he does when people are watching him but what he does when nobody is around.
A++++ The best post I've seen thus far in all of topix.
OMTE

Perry, GA

#4681 Mar 10, 2013
glorya wrote:
Hoooo are you? Hoo Hoo?- Hoo Hoo? You enjoy songs, thought I'd remind you of a favorite, by who else, The Who.
Birds are rare in Guam, too. The non- venomous brown snake ate them all up.
This is the queer that got you banned Raven.
vote for senate

Atlanta, GA

#4682 Mar 11, 2013
Jack Kingston
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#4683 Mar 11, 2013
Dam folks! we are kinda getting far away from the topix of who are you voting for Senate.
A CONSTIPATED REPUBLICAN

Kathleen, GA

#4687 Mar 13, 2013
That will cause gridlock an shut Obammy down....you dont really want congress to do anythang do ya...they will screw it up royally....
fan

Byron, GA

#4688 Mar 14, 2013
What happened here? Everybody quit talking.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#4689 Mar 14, 2013
I will support anyone who makes the deficits number 1 priority. In the past 50 years only Nixon(republican) and Clinton (democrat) have managed to not only balance the budget but actually pay down some of the debt that has accumulated since World War 11. I warned folks 30 years ago that Reagans 300 billion dollar a year deficits were unacceptable and in 1980 I voted for him expecting him to get serious about the debt. Back then only 7% of he voting population according to the polls taken considered national debt a high priority. We have got to decrease spending on all levels including entitlements and the military as well as make those who can pay a little more. If this country goes belly-up it won't make any difference how many billion you have in the bank,it will be worthless. Now billionaires can either pay a little more now or blow their greedy little brains out later when the banks foreclose on all their assets. Poor folks will have to not expect any cost of living increases for a while and stop smoking 4 dollar a day packs of cigarettes or they to will find themselves without their 700 a month income cause the government went broke. Whatever happened to women practicing birth control? When I go out in public I see many,many young women with 3 or 4 kids and no man around. What do they want the rest of us to do? Pay them cause they can't keep their legs together. I can see the state or federal government helping them temporarily but why should the rest of us pay while their deadbeat fathers take off and then expect the rest of us to pay for their kids? No it takes a family FIRST and the Village secondly.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#4691 Mar 15, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
I will support anyone who makes the deficits number 1 priority. In the past 50 years only Nixon(republican) and Clinton (democrat) have managed to not only balance the budget but actually pay down some of the debt that has accumulated since World War 11. I warned folks 30 years ago that Reagans 300 billion dollar a year deficits were unacceptable and in 1980 I voted for him expecting him to get serious about the debt. Back then only 7% of he voting population according to the polls taken considered national debt a high priority. We have got to decrease spending on all levels including entitlements and the military as well as make those who can pay a little more. If this country goes belly-up it won't make any difference how many billion you have in the bank,it will be worthless. Now billionaires can either pay a little more now or blow their greedy little brains out later when the banks foreclose on all their assets. Poor folks will have to not expect any cost of living increases for a while and stop smoking 4 dollar a day packs of cigarettes or they to will find themselves without their 700 a month income cause the government went broke. Whatever happened to women practicing birth control? When I go out in public I see many,many young women with 3 or 4 kids and no man around. What do they want the rest of us to do? Pay them cause they can't keep their legs together. I can see the state or federal government helping them temporarily but why should the rest of us pay while their deadbeat fathers take off and then expect the rest of us to pay for their kids? No it takes a family FIRST and the Village secondly.
Some very good points.

I had forgotten about Nixon and the 1969 budget.

I seem to remember that Nixon also implemented a 10% tax increase to at least try to pay for the Vietnam War. Of course it didn't.

We ought to have a 10% tax increase today to pay for the Wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan, instead of making our kids pay for them.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#4692 Mar 15, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>Some very good points.

I had forgotten about Nixon and the 1969 budget.

I seem to remember that Nixon also implemented a 10% tax increase to at least try to pay for the Vietnam War. Of course it didn't.

We ought to have a 10% tax increase today to pay for the Wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan, instead of making our kids pay for them.
By Daniel Trotta

NEW YORK, March 14 (Reuters)- The U.S. war in Iraq has cost $1.7 trillion with an additional $490 billion in benefits owed to war veterans, expenses that could grow to more than $6 trillion over the next four decades counting interest, a study released on Thursday said.

The war has killed at least 134,000 Iraqi civilians and may have contributed to the deaths of as many as four times that number, according to the Costs of War Project by the Watson Institute for International Studies at Brown University.

The 2011 study said the combined cost of the wars was at least $3.7 trillion, based on actual expenditures from the U.S. Treasury and future commitments, such as the medical and disability claims of U.S. war veterans.

That estimate climbed to nearly $4 trillion in the update.

Excluded were indirect deaths caused by the mass exodus of doctors and a devastated infrastructure, for example, while the costs left out trillions of dollars in interest the United States could pay over the next 40 years.

The interest on expenses for the Iraq war could amount to about $4 trillion during that period, the report said.

The report also examined the burden on U.S. veterans and their families, showing a deep social cost as well as an increase in spending on veterans. The 2011 study found U.S. medical and disability claims for veterans after a decade of war totaled $33 billion. Two years later, that number had risen to $134.7 billion.

The report concluded the United States gained little from the war while Iraq was traumatized by it. The war reinvigorated radical Islamist militants in the region, set back women's rights, and weakened an already precarious healthcare system, the report said. Meanwhile, the $212 billion reconstruction effort was largely a failure with most of that money spent on security or lost to waste and fraud.

Former President George W. Bush's administration cited its belief that Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein's government held weapons of mass destruction to justify the decision to go to war. U.S. and allied forces later found that such stockpiles did not exist.

Steven Bucci, the military assistant to former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said:

"If we had had the foresight to see how long it would last and even if it would have cost half the lives, we would not have gone in," Bucci said.

Thanks a lot to those who supported the War.

Now do you mind paying for it ?
Bored

Jefferson, GA

#4693 Mar 15, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
By Daniel Trotta
NEW YORK, March 14 (Reuters)- The U.S. war in Iraq has cost $1.7 trillion with an additional $490 billion in benefits owed to war veterans, expenses that could grow to more than $6 trillion over the next four decades counting interest, a study released on Thursday said.
The war has killed at least 134,000 Iraqi civilians and may have contributed to the deaths of as many as four times that number, according to the Costs of War Project by the Watson Institute for International Studies at Brown University.
The 2011 study said the combined cost of the wars was at least $3.7 trillion, based on actual expenditures from the U.S. Treasury and future commitments, such as the medical and disability claims of U.S. war veterans.
That estimate climbed to nearly $4 trillion in the update.
Excluded were indirect deaths caused by the mass exodus of doctors and a devastated infrastructure, for example, while the costs left out trillions of dollars in interest the United States could pay over the next 40 years.
The interest on expenses for the Iraq war could amount to about $4 trillion during that period, the report said.
The report also examined the burden on U.S. veterans and their families, showing a deep social cost as well as an increase in spending on veterans. The 2011 study found U.S. medical and disability claims for veterans after a decade of war totaled $33 billion. Two years later, that number had risen to $134.7 billion.
The report concluded the United States gained little from the war while Iraq was traumatized by it. The war reinvigorated radical Islamist militants in the region, set back women's rights, and weakened an already precarious healthcare system, the report said. Meanwhile, the $212 billion reconstruction effort was largely a failure with most of that money spent on security or lost to waste and fraud.
Former President George W. Bush's administration cited its belief that Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein's government held weapons of mass destruction to justify the decision to go to war. U.S. and allied forces later found that such stockpiles did not exist.
Steven Bucci, the military assistant to former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said:
"If we had had the foresight to see how long it would last and even if it would have cost half the lives, we would not have gone in," Bucci said.
Thanks a lot to those who supported the War.
Now do you mind paying for it ?
Boring.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TV, Internet and Phone (Nov '13) Fri oking09 6
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Thu Pfffft 185
Debate: Marijuana - Savannah, GA (Aug '10) Aug 27 starlust24 49
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) Aug 26 Patty M 144
Sweet William and the Stereos (Aug '11) Aug 19 Sam 5
Garage sale Aug 13 Park Row 1
Review: Abbott, Greg DDS - Greg Abbott DDS (Jul '10) Aug 9 GoDotGa 12
•••
•••
•••