Doctor heads to court after online sex sting

A prominent Piedmont doctor is scheduled to appear in court Nov. 2 to answer to felony charges stemming from his arrest in late August in Petaluma in a sting operation involving online sex crimes with children. Read more
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#16615 Nov 21, 2012
PillsburyJo wrote:
Once an interesting exchange of information and ideas, this forum now seems hopelessly dominated by trolls. Too bad.
Then why is your location hidden?
Miggy

Charlotte, NC

#16616 Nov 22, 2012
LLDY wrote:
<quoted text>If MoWo is there he is probably camping out in the back yard or the garage.
I would think he'd be terrified of garages after his experience in Petaluma.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#16617 Nov 22, 2012
Miggy wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think he'd be terrified of garages after his experience in Petaluma.
Well it is not the garage itself, it is the people lurking within.

“Be an independent thinker”

Since: Jul 10

Greenville, Ohio

#16618 Nov 22, 2012
Bob wrote:
Is penman1 whining? Yes!
Oh, f**k you Bob, and the diploma mill where you got your wolfskin. I pointed out that entrapment had been denied in WOLIN'S case! WOLIN'S! Can you read, Bob? Maybe reading comprehension skills aren't your strong suit. Of course, a sock puppet is an airhead, literally.

The thought of you maybe being involved in CA's legal system is reason enough to make me not want to move there. You make Homer Simpson and Kelli Bundy look like Rhodes scholars.

Greenville, Ohio

#16619 Nov 22, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Greenville, Ohio

#16620 Nov 22, 2012
PillsburyJo wrote:
Once an interesting exchange of information and ideas, this forum now seems hopelessly dominated by trolls. Too bad.
Before Wolin went to his Gotterdamerung(sp?) his twilight of the gods, there were all kinds of possible legal scenarios that could play out. It was seriously suggested (by Treadhead, IIRC) that we were a sounding board for the game plans of Wolin, Berk, et al. If so, we the informal jury showed him that he was in a virtual desert as far as hope for beating the rap.

Now you have child sex predator sympathizers and people who grasp as thin legal reeds, but who didn't do anything CONCRETE to help Wolin, and somehow think crying a river here will alter the past.

Greenville, Ohio

#16621 Nov 22, 2012
crack pipe johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because someone goes for a 13 year old girl doesn't mean he's a pedophile, bitch.
He could be what's called an ephebophile. Pedophiles like pre-pubescent kids, ephebophiles post-pubesent ones, nd usually below the age of consent or ina position of authority.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#16622 Nov 23, 2012
penman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He could be what's called an ephebophile. Pedophiles like pre-pubescent kids, ephebophiles post-pubesent ones, nd usually below the age of consent or ina position of authority.
Give it up Wolin. You were after a 13 year old child. Whether or not she could menstruate is independent of that fact.

It never ceases to amaze me how you argue with your different personae. I don't care what you call yourself in technical terms. I think deranged jerk is in order.
Bob

Anonymous Proxy

#16623 Nov 23, 2012
penman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, f**k you Bob, and the diploma mill where you got your wolfskin. I pointed out that entrapment had been denied in WOLIN'S case! WOLIN'S! Can you read, Bob? Maybe reading comprehension skills aren't your strong suit. Of course, a sock puppet is an airhead, literally.
The thought of you maybe being involved in CA's legal system is reason enough to make me not want to move there. You make Homer Simpson and Kelli Bundy look like Rhodes scholars.
Oh, f**k you penman1 and your whining diploma. There you go with your ASSumptions again.

1. Like it or not, this thread is not only about you or Wolin and his sins. It is also about entrapment which is the most reliable indicator of a corrupt government.

2. Wolin's entrapment motion AS A MATTER OF LAW was denied, not as a matter of FACT. That is why Judge Wick waited until after the corrupt government presented its case in Roisman's case before finding entrapment as a matter of FACT (not law). It was so obvious he didn't even give it to the jury. Yes, I think Wolin would have won too but he gave up, so fu(k him too, except he probably quit to proect his family from further publicity. That doesn't make entrapment good.

So to me this thread is about entrapment and exposing all the corrupt citizens that support it. We now have hundreds of pages exposing you stalkers.

Did I say f*(k you yet? Oh, yes, in hundreds of ways.

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#16624 Nov 23, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, f**k you penman1 and your whining diploma. There you go with your ASSumptions again.
1. Like it or not, this thread is not only about you or Wolin and his sins. It is also about entrapment which is the most reliable indicator of a corrupt government.
2. Wolin's entrapment motion AS A MATTER OF LAW was denied, not as a matter of FACT. That is why Judge Wick waited until after the corrupt government presented its case in Roisman's case before finding entrapment as a matter of FACT (not law). It was so obvious he didn't even give it to the jury. Yes, I think Wolin would have won too but he gave up, so fu(k him too, except he probably quit to proect his family from further publicity. That doesn't make entrapment good.
So to me this thread is about entrapment and exposing all the corrupt citizens that support it. We now have hundreds of pages exposing you stalkers.
Did I say f*(k you yet? Oh, yes, in hundreds of ways.
Thank you, Bob, for keeping the focus on legal analyst and his many sins.
crack pipe johnny

Beijing, China

#16625 Nov 24, 2012
This is pretty damn funny. Right now, Bob, Penman, and myself are all being accused of being Wolin.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#16629 Nov 24, 2012
crack pipe johnny wrote:
This is pretty damn funny. Right now, Bob, Penman, and myself are all being accused of being Wolin.
Contemplate that you are. The difference is you are the profane one. Also you stated MoWo's name as Wolin. Interesting. Do you pursue 13 year old girls too?
Roast

Holmdel, NJ

#16632 Nov 25, 2012
Bob wrote:
Nor do we intend to "blame the victim" (putting to the side the fact that there is no "victim" in this case, other than perhaps the individual whose image was appropriated by the police for their sting). Obviously, the age of consent in California is a bright-line rule and does not depend upon the sexual development or sexual experience of the minor. The jury implicitly rejected defendant's testimony that he thought Jess was an adult when he committed the charged crimes. The circumstances in which defendant made his choices do not excuse or justify defendant's conduct (as found by the jury) in this case. But the affirmative defense of entrapment focuses on the conduct of the police, not whether defendant committed the crime alleged.(Barraza, supra, 23 Cal.3d at pp. 688-689.)

Our analysis suggests the government should not be in the business of testing the will of law-abiding citizens with elaborate (if improbable) fantasies of sensuous teenagers desperate to engage in sexual acts with random middle-aged men.(See People v. Grizzle (Colo. Ct.App. 2006) 140 P.3d 224, 227 ["It is, perhaps, inevitable that such an operation will ensnare an otherwise law-abiding citizen with sexual fantasies — involving conduct which is illegal, immoral, taboo, or all three — upon which he or she would not otherwise act were the opportunity not presented to them"].) "A normally-law-abiding person does not always take the high road in the face of pressures or inducements by the police or their agents. As Justice Frankfurter [once] observed ...`Human nature is weak enough and sufficiently beset by temptations without government adding to them and generating crime.'[Citation.] The state ignores the purpose of the entrapment defense, which is to curb unsavory police conduct. Instead of focusing on the impermissible police conduct, the state chooses to blame [defendant] and to point out what he should have done differently. This argument is circuitous and leaves no situation where the defendant can assert entrapment as a defense." (Bradley v. Duncan (9th Cir. 2002) 315 F.3d 1091, 1097-1101 [affirming grant of writ of habeas corpus by district court based on California court's error in refusing to provide entrapment instruction].)

It is for the finder of fact upon remand to determine whether the police went too far in this case.5 (Barraza, supra, 23 Cal.3d at p. 691, fn. 6 ["the defense of entrapment remains a jury question"].) Did the police merely provide an opportunity to defendant to commit a crime (legitimate use of a decoy) or did they unduly pressure defendant through overbearing conduct (entrapment)?

cont.....
Thank you, Bob, for keeping the focus on Perverted Justice and its entrapment.
Dr Dino

Charleston, WV

#16634 Nov 25, 2012
Brittle Fingers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Bob, for keeping the focus on legal analyst and his many sins.
And thank you so very much, Brittle Fingers, for keeping the focus on Mr. Wolin and his many sins.
crack pipe johnny

Beijing, China

#16635 Nov 25, 2012
LLDY wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it up Wolin. You were after a 13 year old child. Whether or not she could menstruate is independent of that fact.
If it bleeds it breeds.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#16636 Nov 25, 2012
Roast wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Bob, for keeping the focus on Perverted Justice and its entrapment.
Who started an explicit sexual discussion with whom he thought was a 13 year old? Who drove over to her home with no weapon to his head and first insuring she was alone? Who had a very nice, intelligent wife and 2 small girls? MoWo/

MoWo had his chance in the legal system. Convicted felon and RSO for life. End of story.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

#16637 Nov 25, 2012
crack pipe johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
If it bleeds it breeds.
To which species are you referring?
PSYCHO

San Jose, CA

#16640 Nov 25, 2012
LLDY wrote:
<quoted text>Who started an explicit sexual discussion with whom he thought was a 13 year old? Who drove over to her home with no weapon to his head and first insuring she was alone? Who had a very nice, intelligent wife and 2 small girls? MoWo/
MoWo had his chance in the legal system. Convicted felon and RSO for life. End of story.
Joseph Roisman

He is the only one of 29 men prosecuted in the 2006 sting to beat the rap.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110816...
PSYCHO

San Jose, CA

#16641 Nov 25, 2012
Man acquitted of charge stemming from 2006 'To Catch a Predator' TV sex sting

He was kicked out of the Navy and spent time in jail.

Tuesday, five years after appearing on NBC Dateline's “To Catch a Predator,” 26-year-old Joseph Roisman of Watsonville was acquitted of charges of attempting to have sex with an online decoy posing as a 13-year-old girl from Petaluma.

He is the only one of 29 men prosecuted in the 2006 sting to beat the rap.

“I’m ready to move on with my life,” Roisman said outside the courtroom following proceedings.“Hopefully the service will take me back,” he said of his desire to continue his military career.

His mother, Deborah Roisman of Watsonville, shouted,“Woo woo!” as Judge Arthur Wick ordered the case thrown out after six days of trial testimony, and later had harsh words for those involved in the TV show that implicated her son.

She said she and her pediatrician husband spent more than $100,000 defending their son. She vowed to sue NBC producers and called the sting a “huge waste” of tax money.

“They made my son’s life a living hell for five years,” she said.

A Dateline spokeswoman, Amy Lynn, did not return a call seeking comment.

In reaching his decision, Wick found prosecutors had not proven Roisman had “specific intent” to commit the crime - attempting lewd acts with a child under age 14.

He also criticized the tactics used by Dateline’s partner, online watchdog Perverted Justice, whom he suggested lacked credibility and engaged in entrapment.

“The axiom,‘Actions speak louder than words,’ clearly does not apply in this case,” Wick said from the bench.

Wick stopped the trial and issued the verdict without the defense team presenting its case and before consideration by the jury.

Roisman’s attorney, Stephen Turer, argued his client’s online chats were innocuous and that he intended nothing other than “cuddling and watching movies” when he rode a bus 110 miles to meet the girl.

Turer argued it was Perverted Justice officials who steered the conversation toward sex. Although Roisman was told the girl’s age, he was doubtful because of her mature-sounding voice and sophisticated talk, Turer said.

“This case is the poster child for the abuse in this program,” Turer said after the acquittal.“They took everything away from this kid just to make a TV show.”

Prosecutors said there was enough evidence to bring Roisman to trial.

“We were disappointed the jury didn’t have the opportunity to review all the facts of the case,” District Attorney Jill Ravitch said.

Roisman was on leave from the Navy when he was arrested in a three-day sex sting in Petaluma in August 2006.

Like the other defendants, which included a doctor from the East Bay Area, Perverted Justice volunteers contacted him in an Internet chat room.

Roisman talked to a “Tori_Rox_2006,” who identified herself as a 13-year-old girl living in Petaluma.

He questioned her about the oldest person she had sex with and suggested they “cut up some fruit and eat it off each other,” according to court documents.

Roisman eventually agreed to a rendezvous at the Castle Drive house, where he stripped off his shirt upon entering the backyard after arriving by bus from the Watsonville area.

However, instead of the girl, he was met by cameras and Dateline host Chris Hansen, who made a name and reputation for himself from his confrontations in the show. After a brief conversation, which was recorded for TV, Roisman was arrested by Petaluma police, also recorded for the show.

Sonoma County jurors leaving the courthouse Tuesday said they were not impressed by the Southern California-based group's methods. Windsor bank teller Kathleen Kerckhoff said they obviously induced Roisman to act the way he did. She said she would have found him not guilty if the case had come to the jury.

PART 1
PSYCHO

San Jose, CA

#16642 Nov 25, 2012
“I don't have any respect for Perverted Justice after this trial,” she said.“I think they do have quotas. They have an agenda. It was the right resolution.”

In all, prosecutors obtained convictions on 27 defendants. Sentences ranged from probation to nine months in jail.

Among the most notorious cases was that of Piedmont cancer doctor Maurice Wolin, 53, who last year got two months in jail and lifetime sex offender registration after a protracted legal battle.

Southern California-based Perverted Justice claims 546 convictions nationwide since 2004. Perverted Justice officials did not respond to an email Tuesday seeking comment.

PART 2

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Pastor Pooles 19,729
Looking for bull riding practice pens (Dec '07) Sun R_vasquez 208
Covenant worship center is in danger Mar 28 Discussed 1
Do you travel to Oakland after dark? Mar 27 OMF 4
Contract work (May '07) Mar 27 bela 5,077
Richmond and Louie Lujan take a new approach to... Mar 27 Regal Begal 1
News Half of U.S. now living with anti-smoking laws (Jan '07) Mar 26 Schmones 6
Richmond Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance