Doctor heads to court after online sex sting

Full story: Contra Costa Times

A prominent Piedmont doctor is scheduled to appear in court Nov. 2 to answer to felony charges stemming from his arrest in late August in Petaluma in a sting operation involving online sex crimes with children.

Comments (Page 767)

Showing posts 15,321 - 15,340 of16,824
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
PSYCHO

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

penman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Entrapment was brought up before Judges Ballinger and Wick (and recall Judge Wick was the one who threw out Roisman's case)). Surely the same defense had raised by Berk in the appeals.
YET IN NONE OF THESE PROCEEDINGS WAS ENTRAPMENT FOUND IN WOLIN'S CASE.
You get it, Bob, crackpipejohnny, et al? And Judge Wick seems particularly sensitive to entrapment claims, yet he ruled against Wolin as well.
And I'm sure that neither you, Bob, nor anyone else supporting Wolin started petition drives, tried to get the ACLU involved, contributed to his defense fund, submitted "friend of the court" briefs, or did ANYTHING ELSE to help him out. No, you just bitch and moan in a forum thread that wouldn't even *exist* if Wolin had taken a plea deal years ago.
Had you done something like what I mentioned above I could respect you a little. But you didn't even do that, did you? And you, Bob, often quoted court cases from states that had no jurisdiction--like Wisconsin!
read
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110816...

Man acquitted of charge stemming from 2006 'To Catch a Predator' TV sex sting
PSYCHO

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Bob wrote:
Jury said Menasha man entrapped in Perverted Justice sting
http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20120319/... ?
APPLETON For four days, Appleton police officers monitored the bust house on E. Fremont Street.
Behind the scenes, volunteers for the Perverted Justice Foundation Inc. made famous by Dateline NBC's "To Catch a Predator" posed as children, chatting online with Wisconsinites.
The volunteers, who initiated the 2010 sex sting, gave police profiles of 72 people they thought likely to turn up and have sexual contact with a minor. Four showed.
Their cases went to court the last wrapped up March 12 but one man's jury trial punched a hole in Perverted Justice's claim, still maintained on its website, "Hundreds upon hundreds of convictions... zero successful entrapment defenses. Zero."
Entrapment occurs when police lure people into committing a crime they otherwise wouldn't have done.
"Anyone who knows the law will never make the entrapment argument towards these crimes, because people who know the law understand that these people are predisposed to commit these crimes. It's why they hit us up to begin with," says the Perverted Justice website.
Wyn Adkins, 29, of Menasha, was not predisposed to having sexual contact with a child, his attorney, Kevin Musolf, maintained in arguing his client was entrapped. The jury agreed.
Jurors found Adkins not guilty of a felony charge of using a computer to facilitate a child sex crime.
"(Sexual contact) was something they put in his head," Musolf said.
Adkins, 29, was depressed, with anxiety and self-esteem issues, Musolf said.
Denise Moss who was posing as 15-year-old "Cami" told him he was nice, cute and had a nice smile. When the two discussed meeting, Moss baited him by asking: what's on your mind; what if we get bored; what should I wear?, Musolf said.
"She keeps throwing the hook out to him and eventually he bit," Musolf said. "What they did to this particular person is just that they took it too far. I think in this case they were just frustrated that out of 72 people, only four showed up."
Protocol followed
Perverted Justice tries to prevent entrapment claims by never messaging anyone first.
well that answers a pervious question...
PSYCHO

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

maybe entrapment is when the decoy initiates the SEX talk but I swear I saw a VHS of DATELINE TCAP where del harvey stated that they dont start the sex talk but 2 people aquited?
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110816...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20271...

and the guy talked about shaving his pubic part...
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Carnac The Magnificent wrote:
Today is the fourth anniversary of MoWo's wife understandably filing for divorce.
The possibility that MoWo is back living with his ex-wife and daughters (they seem to share a street address) is a lot more difficult to understand.
If MoWo is there he is probably camping out in the back yard or the garage.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

PillsburyJo wrote:
Once an interesting exchange of information and ideas, this forum now seems hopelessly dominated by trolls. Too bad.
Then why is your location hidden?
Miggy

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

LLDY wrote:
<quoted text>If MoWo is there he is probably camping out in the back yard or the garage.
I would think he'd be terrified of garages after his experience in Petaluma.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Miggy wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think he'd be terrified of garages after his experience in Petaluma.
Well it is not the garage itself, it is the people lurking within.

“Be an independent thinker”

Since: Jul 10

Greenville, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
Is penman1 whining? Yes!
Oh, f**k you Bob, and the diploma mill where you got your wolfskin. I pointed out that entrapment had been denied in WOLIN'S case! WOLIN'S! Can you read, Bob? Maybe reading comprehension skills aren't your strong suit. Of course, a sock puppet is an airhead, literally.

The thought of you maybe being involved in CA's legal system is reason enough to make me not want to move there. You make Homer Simpson and Kelli Bundy look like Rhodes scholars.

Greenville, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Greenville, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

PillsburyJo wrote:
Once an interesting exchange of information and ideas, this forum now seems hopelessly dominated by trolls. Too bad.
Before Wolin went to his Gotterdamerung(sp?) his twilight of the gods, there were all kinds of possible legal scenarios that could play out. It was seriously suggested (by Treadhead, IIRC) that we were a sounding board for the game plans of Wolin, Berk, et al. If so, we the informal jury showed him that he was in a virtual desert as far as hope for beating the rap.

Now you have child sex predator sympathizers and people who grasp as thin legal reeds, but who didn't do anything CONCRETE to help Wolin, and somehow think crying a river here will alter the past.

Greenville, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

crack pipe johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because someone goes for a 13 year old girl doesn't mean he's a pedophile, bitch.
He could be what's called an ephebophile. Pedophiles like pre-pubescent kids, ephebophiles post-pubesent ones, nd usually below the age of consent or ina position of authority.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

penman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He could be what's called an ephebophile. Pedophiles like pre-pubescent kids, ephebophiles post-pubesent ones, nd usually below the age of consent or ina position of authority.
Give it up Wolin. You were after a 13 year old child. Whether or not she could menstruate is independent of that fact.

It never ceases to amaze me how you argue with your different personae. I don't care what you call yourself in technical terms. I think deranged jerk is in order.
Bob

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

penman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, f**k you Bob, and the diploma mill where you got your wolfskin. I pointed out that entrapment had been denied in WOLIN'S case! WOLIN'S! Can you read, Bob? Maybe reading comprehension skills aren't your strong suit. Of course, a sock puppet is an airhead, literally.
The thought of you maybe being involved in CA's legal system is reason enough to make me not want to move there. You make Homer Simpson and Kelli Bundy look like Rhodes scholars.
Oh, f**k you penman1 and your whining diploma. There you go with your ASSumptions again.

1. Like it or not, this thread is not only about you or Wolin and his sins. It is also about entrapment which is the most reliable indicator of a corrupt government.

2. Wolin's entrapment motion AS A MATTER OF LAW was denied, not as a matter of FACT. That is why Judge Wick waited until after the corrupt government presented its case in Roisman's case before finding entrapment as a matter of FACT (not law). It was so obvious he didn't even give it to the jury. Yes, I think Wolin would have won too but he gave up, so fu(k him too, except he probably quit to proect his family from further publicity. That doesn't make entrapment good.

So to me this thread is about entrapment and exposing all the corrupt citizens that support it. We now have hundreds of pages exposing you stalkers.

Did I say f*(k you yet? Oh, yes, in hundreds of ways.

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, f**k you penman1 and your whining diploma. There you go with your ASSumptions again.
1. Like it or not, this thread is not only about you or Wolin and his sins. It is also about entrapment which is the most reliable indicator of a corrupt government.
2. Wolin's entrapment motion AS A MATTER OF LAW was denied, not as a matter of FACT. That is why Judge Wick waited until after the corrupt government presented its case in Roisman's case before finding entrapment as a matter of FACT (not law). It was so obvious he didn't even give it to the jury. Yes, I think Wolin would have won too but he gave up, so fu(k him too, except he probably quit to proect his family from further publicity. That doesn't make entrapment good.
So to me this thread is about entrapment and exposing all the corrupt citizens that support it. We now have hundreds of pages exposing you stalkers.
Did I say f*(k you yet? Oh, yes, in hundreds of ways.
Thank you, Bob, for keeping the focus on legal analyst and his many sins.
crack pipe johnny

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

This is pretty damn funny. Right now, Bob, Penman, and myself are all being accused of being Wolin.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

crack pipe johnny wrote:
This is pretty damn funny. Right now, Bob, Penman, and myself are all being accused of being Wolin.
Contemplate that you are. The difference is you are the profane one. Also you stated MoWo's name as Wolin. Interesting. Do you pursue 13 year old girls too?
Roast

Old Bridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
Nor do we intend to "blame the victim" (putting to the side the fact that there is no "victim" in this case, other than perhaps the individual whose image was appropriated by the police for their sting). Obviously, the age of consent in California is a bright-line rule and does not depend upon the sexual development or sexual experience of the minor. The jury implicitly rejected defendant's testimony that he thought Jess was an adult when he committed the charged crimes. The circumstances in which defendant made his choices do not excuse or justify defendant's conduct (as found by the jury) in this case. But the affirmative defense of entrapment focuses on the conduct of the police, not whether defendant committed the crime alleged.(Barraza, supra, 23 Cal.3d at pp. 688-689.)

Our analysis suggests the government should not be in the business of testing the will of law-abiding citizens with elaborate (if improbable) fantasies of sensuous teenagers desperate to engage in sexual acts with random middle-aged men.(See People v. Grizzle (Colo. Ct.App. 2006) 140 P.3d 224, 227 ["It is, perhaps, inevitable that such an operation will ensnare an otherwise law-abiding citizen with sexual fantasies involving conduct which is illegal, immoral, taboo, or all three upon which he or she would not otherwise act were the opportunity not presented to them"].) "A normally-law-abiding person does not always take the high road in the face of pressures or inducements by the police or their agents. As Justice Frankfurter [once] observed ...`Human nature is weak enough and sufficiently beset by temptations without government adding to them and generating crime.'[Citation.] The state ignores the purpose of the entrapment defense, which is to curb unsavory police conduct. Instead of focusing on the impermissible police conduct, the state chooses to blame [defendant] and to point out what he should have done differently. This argument is circuitous and leaves no situation where the defendant can assert entrapment as a defense." (Bradley v. Duncan (9th Cir. 2002) 315 F.3d 1091, 1097-1101 [affirming grant of writ of habeas corpus by district court based on California court's error in refusing to provide entrapment instruction].)

It is for the finder of fact upon remand to determine whether the police went too far in this case.5 (Barraza, supra, 23 Cal.3d at p. 691, fn. 6 ["the defense of entrapment remains a jury question"].) Did the police merely provide an opportunity to defendant to commit a crime (legitimate use of a decoy) or did they unduly pressure defendant through overbearing conduct (entrapment)?

cont.....
Thank you, Bob, for keeping the focus on Perverted Justice and its entrapment.
Dr Dino

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Brittle Fingers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Bob, for keeping the focus on legal analyst and his many sins.
And thank you so very much, Brittle Fingers, for keeping the focus on Mr. Wolin and his many sins.
crack pipe johnny

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

LLDY wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it up Wolin. You were after a 13 year old child. Whether or not she could menstruate is independent of that fact.
If it bleeds it breeds.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Roast wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Bob, for keeping the focus on Perverted Justice and its entrapment.
Who started an explicit sexual discussion with whom he thought was a 13 year old? Who drove over to her home with no weapon to his head and first insuring she was alone? Who had a very nice, intelligent wife and 2 small girls? MoWo/

MoWo had his chance in the legal system. Convicted felon and RSO for life. End of story.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,321 - 15,340 of16,824
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Richmond News Video

•••
Richmond Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Richmond Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••