West Coast Motors closure

Posted in the Richmond Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
circusguy

Richmond, CA

#1 Feb 25, 2009
Does anybody know what went on with the closure of West Coast Motors? For several years, they occupied half of a large city block on San Pablo Ave. between Barrett Ave. and Roosevelt Street. Then one night after a disgruntled employee spun donuts in the parking lot with a corvette, they were gone. I heard it through the grapevine that the scumbags owed over $400,000 in back taxes and basically skipped town. At least they left a fancy sign and a work in progress jalopy in their classy Customz shop (smart "street" spelling! ha ha!) for all to see.
alex rohdes

El Cerrito, CA

#2 Apr 15, 2009
they dont owe anyone money the rumors are false. the owner decided business was better in another city and didnt want to deal with all the drama of closing so he just closed the doors overnight.
circusguy wrote:
Does anybody know what went on with the closure of West Coast Motors? For several years, they occupied half of a large city block on San Pablo Ave. between Barrett Ave. and Roosevelt Street. Then one night after a disgruntled employee spun donuts in the parking lot with a corvette, they were gone. I heard it through the grapevine that the scumbags owed over $400,000 in back taxes and basically skipped town. At least they left a fancy sign and a work in progress jalopy in their classy Customz shop (smart "street" spelling! ha ha!) for all to see.
J Holmes

Berkeley, CA

#3 Apr 18, 2009
Good! One less unscrupulous business owner in the city...I hope they stay gone! I guess their plan to own all that property section isn't going well.
ANOTHER WC MOTORS VICTIM

Alameda, CA

#4 Apr 19, 2009
"they dont owe anyone money the rumors are false. the owner decided business was better in another city and didnt want to deal with all the drama of closing so he just closed the doors overnight."
----------
Actually, the real story is that the rumors ARE true. They owe LOTS of people LOTS of money. And they didn't close their doors "overnight" but spent weeks building up to it while CREATING drama by lying to and stealing from their employees and their customers.
You see, a few weeks before Kevin (the owner) and his cohorts skipped town in the dead of night, he had been telling his employees some bogus "we're closing for remodeling" story and was having them tell that same bogus story to anyone who called the office during WEST COAST MOTERS' last few weeks in San Pablo, which was an obvious and blatant lie to both employees customers alike.
Further, Kevin and his merry band of used car con artists bailed on all of the existing warranty contracts that were sold with most of those faulty, lien sale cars he was selling. He even took a couple of recently sold cars back from buyers who'd already paid for things like tinted windows, detailing, loan fees etc. with more bogus stories AND to top it all off, when he left town... he did so
WITHOUT PAYING HIS LOCAL EMPLOYEES THE BACK WAGES THEY'D EARNED BUT NOT YET RECEIVED!
I'm talking about paychecks. Weeks and weeks of paychecks, but not before stringing them along with the old "Come back tomorrow and I'll have your paycheck for you" fairy tale. Then it was "Come back day after tomorrow", then "I'll have it on Monday for sure" and then finally ... they were gone.
I ought to know. I was one of those "local employees", but I wasn't "disgruntled" until he started taking food off of my table.
The bottom line is West Coast Motors owes their employees, their former customers and the city of San Pablo LOTS of money and a huge apology. Neither of which they're likely ever to see.
WC Work dog

Vallejo, CA

#5 May 12, 2009
rumors are all true. i was working with Kevin for over 3 years. 1.3 million in back taxes to CA State Board. over 500,000.00 to small medium and large sub business he dealt with including wheel and tire shops in Richmond Tracy Hayward, new car dealers such as Mercedes Benz of SF Oakland, and about 1 million in personal favor loans he received from close friends and family by selling them the idea that he was dealing with BIG customers overseas and needed extra money to supply the bulk of cars to get a huge turn around of profit. he also had shy of a million dollars in business credit lines which he used to buy many cars just days before he set the two day closing scam up. smart guy if you think about it, 30 years old not a worry or care in life walks away with over 7 million in assets employee payroll , peoples money , and peoples cars. Hes driving a Bentley gt and still stupidly calls a former vendor for a used tire after a blowout. (maybe not so smart) he didn't show to his better judgement.
ha ha ha

Simi Valley, CA

#6 May 13, 2009
that's what they all get !!!! I guess karma got them all for scamming all there customers!!!
circusguy

San Jose, CA

#7 May 14, 2009
Haven't checked this for awhile...Excellent! So, the owner was the sleazebag that everybody in the neighborhood thought he was. It was also nice that the employees would go to the nearby parks and dump their garbage out of their WCM cars during lunchtime. Real class acts there! ha ha! Like the "Hey look at me!" cars they sold, they are all totally trashy people.
john ridder

San Francisco, CA

#8 Jun 8, 2009
as u can see biz is bad all over ,,,, dealers are closing down everywhere.... i did some research to find out a lot of what said is rumors and bs.... biz was down so they closed down ...
Got ripped off

Hercules, CA

#15 Jul 2, 2009
I bought a car from them a couple months ago and later found out they never purchased my warranty and gap contrat. Needless to say the car was in a accident and is total loss. Does any know how I can get a hold of someone to serve them papers?
WC Work dog

Seattle, WA

#16 Jul 8, 2009
whats ur email ?
circusguy

El Sobrante, CA

#17 Jul 17, 2009
No matter what is said in sympathy about the former owner and how times are tough all over blah-blah-blah : The painted windows on the empty dealership office says it all and still reads "Thank you Richmond! We Will Be Back!! Closed For Remodeling!" Yeah right, we all know how that story ended. Amazing...
WC Work dog

Concord, CA

#18 Aug 12, 2009
that sign was a act to buy time so kevin could run,
Bay Area Guy

Santa Barbara, CA

#19 Aug 19, 2009
One of the sales guys that worked there (they actualy told me he was the owner)goes to Diablo Valley College.
circusguy wrote:
Interested Observer

Hayward, CA

#20 Aug 29, 2009
I wonder who's selling cars with West Coast Motors paper plates on craigslist...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/134759271...
interested party

Gilbert, AZ

#21 Sep 4, 2009
so, where is Kevin and the Bentley now? Anyone seen him around town? He has no friends, so someone turn him in would ya?(800)964-2078 x8888 thanks!
West Coast Motors

San Jose, CA

#22 Sep 24, 2009
All of you people posting these messages never go the opportunity or had the money to buy a car from West Coast. West Coast served a discriminated and an underprivelaged client base. WestCoastMotors gave everyone a chance to buy a decent car without being judged. When a young black guy walks into a bmw dealership and wants to buy a 745 or a 645 he is ridiculed and not taken seriously no matter how capable of buying he is, or a mexican family with no license wont be allowed to test drive the car they want to buy. If you needed a car or no other dealership got you approved they were there. For all of you that did buy cars you guys know what i'm talking about. They put fly people in fly rides. P.S for all you employees on the page, you lazy @##$ didnt deserve to get paid. You should count your blessing you got jobs you uneducated,slow retards!!!!!
educated former employee

Concord, CA

#23 Oct 6, 2009
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video...

Thats funny how you are defending your self when you also got burned. seems like the hand of the puppeteer was so far up your a$$ you don't even know who to defend. Its OK, you will have your day in court, you are named in mostly all the work the DA is building. I'm not going to be rude and let out your business but if the general public would like to buy another car from this gentleman please feel free to visit him at the new dealer he is working at. He will help all in the so called under privileged young black and Mexican demographic he mentioned earlier. He will help them become confused and charge up to 20% interest to some one who can qualify for 7% and tell them their trade is worth $500 then drive it home to his wife as a birthday gift. if i am WRONG do us all a favor and let us know where we can see you to buy a nice car..
interested party

Gilbert, AZ

#24 Oct 7, 2009
so, where is Kevin and the Bentley now? Anyone seen him around town? He has no friends, so someone turn him in would ya?(800)964-2078 x8888 thanks!
Anonymous

United States

#25 Oct 10, 2009
West Coast Motors wrote:
All of you people posting these messages never go the opportunity or had the money to buy a car from West Coast. West Coast served a discriminated and an underprivelaged client base. WestCoastMotors gave everyone a chance to buy a decent car without being judged. When a young black guy walks into a bmw dealership and wants to buy a 745 or a 645 he is ridiculed and not taken seriously no matter how capable of buying he is, or a mexican family with no license wont be allowed to test drive the car they want to buy. If you needed a car or no other dealership got you approved they were there. For all of you that did buy cars you guys know what i'm talking about. They put fly people in fly rides. P.S for all you employees on the page, you lazy @##$ didnt deserve to get paid. You should count your blessing you got jobs you uneducated,slow retards!!!!!
Either you're trolling, or you're one idiotic moron.
LOL crazy

Concord, CA

#26 Oct 26, 2009
I agree with anonymous, WCM did give the chance for people who would otherwise be ignored at a traditional dealership and get them in a fly ride. But it was not always out of "the goodness of their heart."

WCM took forever, if ever to pay off a trade in. i would come in and out being promised, "oh tomorrow", i would be hung up on when called. And they very often jacked up the price for a vehicle. They would take advantage of these customers. It came down to me threatening to steal my car back and light the dealership on fire, but i got my car payed off lol.

anyway, they had some really nice cars, and got a whole lot of people in the bay area rollin in style. but honestly, fuck em, im glad they are gone and fuck their employees because those sleezeball salesmen knew what the fuck what going on the whole time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 5 hr Brittle Fingers 17,233
Munchies' Hamburgers???? (Jun '13) 11 hr edc1954 23
News California can't hide police misconduct any more Mon Go Blue Forever 1
Cleveland smacked the taste outta the Warriors ... Mon Go Blue Forever 4
Berkeley middle school teacher is a thug Sun RiccardoFire 1
Brexit Means End Social Security Jun 26 Stew Pedasso 1
Trump as Chief of O P D? Jun 25 Mayorz Reepoart 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages