Police patrols stepped up in North Ri...

Police patrols stepped up in North Richmond after spate of shootings

There are 1 comment on the Contra Costa Times story from Jul 13, 2012, titled Police patrols stepped up in North Richmond after spate of shootings. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

A pair of gang-related shootings Thursday separated by only seven blocks and 40 minutes -- and less than 48 hours after another daytime shooting -- have provoked a strong law enforcement presence in this community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

frustratedmother of1

Vallejo, CA

#1 Jul 19, 2012
This issue of "random" shootings NEEDS-no MUST be controlled!!! Any one of these "gang related" day time or night time shootings could have been me or my child EASILY. No one is being held accountable and nothing in the open is being done about it. I can not say that these were ALL gang related but to someone on the outside looking in it would seem reasonable to say these bullets that were released didnt have a name attached to them and could have easily been shooting "just because". How many innocent people have to be shot down or fall victim to violent unjustified acts of crime before something more than just a "we're handling it the best way we can" gets done? Im a frustrated mother of one small child and I need answers. God bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chelsea Manning's US Senate bid could upend Mar... 1 hr Norwegian-American 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Nonsense 21,371
News Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 8 hr Jim_Bakker 17,946
online dating site (Sep '13) 11 hr grossmaer37 2
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) Mon Human 241
News It's time to go nuclear in the fight against cl... Sun Solarman 1
News Alberta, Seattle offer lessons for Ontario on '... Sun just us eh 1

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages