Advice on local Daycare?

Advice on local Daycare?

Posted in the Richlands Forum

Luv my baby

United States

#1 Feb 4, 2011
Looking to put my infant in daycare.. Any advice on which is best and prices? Thanks!
my opinon

Richlands, VA

#2 Feb 4, 2011
When my daughter was younger we tried several different day cares and of course no body takes care of ur baby like u would, but if i had a small child now that would have to go to a day care I would definetely use RED WHITE AND YOUTH in richlands, it is in the old shraders building, I know these people personally and as a mother I would recommend them to anybody, I have been there and seen how they take such good care of kids and it is so clean in there. Really u should just go by and talk to them and get a tour of the center. I am sure they will be glad to help u!!! I know leaving ur child somewhere that u r comfortable with means the world to a loving mother, and I would go by and check these places out and see what u think before making a final desicion. just my input., have a blessed day!
Parent

Richlands, VA

#3 Feb 4, 2011
I'm not sure what daycares take infants. I know Nana's Cottage in Richlands does, and I think I heard that Precious Ones at Claypool Hill does as well. Best thing to do would be to call and go tour the places and go from there. Hope that helped and good luck!!!
Lil Old Me

Port Republic, VA

#4 Feb 4, 2011
I agree with "my opinion." Red, White, and Youth is wonderful! My son has been there since they opened the doors! The only "catch" is that they only take children 2 1/2 and up. They have a 3 yr old preschool on Tues and Thurs and a 4 yr old preschool on Mon-Wed-Fri. For anyone wanting to enroll in the preschool next year, I suggest talking to them to find out when registration is. I know they booked up fast last year!

One more note... I have seen many of the kids very sad to have to leave in the evenings! They love it there!
one who knows

United States

#5 Feb 4, 2011
Def dont choose Precious Ones i had to tak my child to the er because his arm got "Dislocated" while under there care. Then she pretended like she had no clue what happened
FYI

Brentwood, TN

#6 Feb 5, 2011
If you call social services they will send a list of licensed day care providers. The list has a website where you can look at all the violations from the past inspections. This will help you make a more informed decisions. I did not look at any from Richlands because we needed one in Tazewell. There some really good ones and some not so good.
Lil Old Me

Port Republic, VA

#7 Feb 5, 2011
FYI wrote:
If you call social services they will send a list of licensed day care providers. The list has a website where you can look at all the violations from the past inspections. This will help you make a more informed decisions. I did not look at any from Richlands because we needed one in Tazewell. There some really good ones and some not so good.
You're absolutely right! Here is the link for the ones in Richlands... http://www.dss.virginia.gov/facility/search/c...

If you notice, Red White and Youth has had a perfect inspection the last 2 times... other than that, it's only been dealing with paperwork.
Lil Old Me

Port Republic, VA

#8 Feb 5, 2011
Sorry, I guess you have to put in 24641 in the zip code...
Luv my baby

United States

#9 Feb 7, 2011
Thank you all very much. How much do you usually pay weekly for your child to attend?
FYI

Brentwood, TN

#10 Feb 8, 2011
Yes, mine is weekly. It is $100 a week or $25 a day if you pay only for the days they attend. This works for moms who only need day care 3 days a week.
Luv my baby

United States

#11 Feb 8, 2011
Ok that's not too bad but my baby will be 10 months so it may be more expensive!
Experience

Clover, SC

#12 Feb 8, 2011
Luv my baby wrote:
Ok that's not too bad but my baby will be 10 months so it may be more expensive!
I used to live in Richlands, but I have moved away.However, if I still lived there I would not hesitate to put my son into RW&Y. They have a great program and the environment they provide is ideal. The owners are great people. I think the woman who owns it is a nurse and her son, who is co-owner, is a state trooper in that area.
a friend

Saint Paul, VA

#13 Feb 8, 2011
Nana's Cottage is in Richlands and they take infants from 6wks.and so does Precious One's and they are up at Claypool Hill. Nana's Cottage has separate rooms for infants and toddlers and Precious Ones does not, check them both out there prices are about the same
just saying

North Tazewell, VA

#14 Feb 8, 2011
Just a preference, but I would definitely want my infant separate from the toddlers...hello
Not quite right

Richlands, VA

#15 Feb 8, 2011
Precious Ones does not have a separate "room" but they have separate areas. Babies and toddlers are not together.
thanks

United States

#16 Feb 15, 2011
this is all good info..thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Smile You Are Loved 4 hr Eternal truth 276
Who is he 14 hr Becca 7
Long John Silvers 15 hr former kfc employee 12
Mel Houchins and Jeramy Farmer Mon Top dog 12
What kind of person is Bucky Griffey? Mon Justin Bandy 1
Perkins Mullins Mon ykw 7
Raven Mart Thief Sun Stop hiring dope ... 30
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richlands Mortgages