How do people get a home built for th...

How do people get a home built for them on low income

Posted in the Richlands Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Need a home

Oakwood, VA

#1 May 14, 2010
Okay so I know of several people who have gotten houses built for them around here for little or no money. One lived in a old trailer without running water and now she is in a nice new built house and another had a huge house built it was a small business home loan or something like it. How does someone get help with getting a home?
hey

Secaucus, NJ

#2 May 14, 2010
I wish I knew
just a thought

United States

#3 May 14, 2010
ask the ppl you know how they did it

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#4 May 14, 2010
VHDA or USDA rural loans possibly? There is help out there for low income families that is for sure , actually even middle class because I think it is max $70k income.
Need a home

Oakwood, VA

#5 May 16, 2010
just a thought wrote:
ask the ppl you know how they did it
I don't know them just know of them. It would be weird to go up to people I don't know and ask or I would. ha
Need a home

Oakwood, VA

#6 May 16, 2010
Fluffy Me wrote:
VHDA or USDA rural loans possibly? There is help out there for low income families that is for sure , actually even middle class because I think it is max $70k income.
Thank you fluffy I will look into that! We are lucky to bring in around $20,000 so we should qualify.
hmm

New Hope, VA

#9 May 19, 2010
I know USDA does give loans for homes but your credit has to be good too, (wasnt sure if you knew that) there is a office in lebanon and several people you could speak with there that may be able to help you. I know you have a certain amount that you have to bring in and a certain amount you cannot go over based on the number of people in your home, wish you good luck with this.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#10 May 19, 2010
Thanks I did not know that...I am going to be looking into buying myself sometime so that helps me as well.
Do Your Thang

Rupert, WV

#11 May 19, 2010
Check with the Rutherford guy in Richlands.Hes on You Tube. He knows all the tricks.he can help you.
Jess690

Cedar Bluff, VA

#12 May 19, 2010
Do Your Thang wrote:
Check with the Rutherford guy in Richlands.Hes on You Tube. He knows all the tricks.he can help you.
ha very true

that rutherford guy is the scum of the earth
info

Cedar Bluff, VA

#13 May 20, 2010
have you ever tried habitat for humanity? its a program that builds 2 homes a year and you have to have kids and have enough income to show you can make a 250-300.00 a month payment. they furnish the land. they are built in taz.,richlands or bluefield wherever they have land donated or bought that they can build on. you must also show need for a home. bad/good credit doesnt make any difference and they always build 4 bedrm homes.
Beverly Shurbet

Texarkana, TX

#14 Apr 30, 2015
How do I get a home built for my husband who has manic ,can barely walk cause he had total knee replacement,diabetes bad,sleep apana,high cholesterol. he can,t walk up stairs,bad memory.
Beverly Shurbet

Texarkana, TX

#15 Apr 30, 2015
I mean manic depression,can,t work,walk with a cane,we're on disability ,what stuff we can get to help my husband and I live a normal life without help by family he,s 61 going on 62,I have seisures grand Mal but controlled by meds
helpful

Roanoke, VA

#17 Apr 30, 2015
Need a home wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know them just know of them. It would be weird to go up to people I don't know and ask or I would. ha
Habitat builds people houses you just need to fill out a application
Second Job

Tappahannock, VA

#18 Apr 30, 2015
Need a home wrote:
Okay so I know of several people who have gotten houses built for them around here for little or no money. One lived in a old trailer without running water and now she is in a nice new built house and another had a huge house built it was a small business home loan or something like it. How does someone get help with getting a home?
I got a second job to pay for our house.
intresting

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

#19 Aug 2, 2015
I really want to know to I'm single parent of 4 kids I have land but I don't have $ to build house.
Is very hard wish I knew where I could as for help.
Like it is

Bluefield, WV

#20 Aug 2, 2015
intresting wrote:
I really want to know to I'm single parent of 4 kids I have land but I don't have $ to build house.
Is very hard wish I knew where I could as for help.
Not sure if it is true now, but banks used to use your land as collateral . Look in to it with your bank.
well

Grundy, VA

#21 Aug 2, 2015
If you dont have money to build how do you expect to pay for maintenance, utilities, and insurance? Honest reasonable question. Ownership costs a whole lot more then the price to get in the door. Its like getting a free automobile but not being able to pay for taxes, tags, tittle, insurance, or fuel.
too sorry to work

Richlands, VA

#22 Aug 2, 2015
OMG, you know how you get houses built? By having good credit, saving for a down payment and getting a home loan. Everyone is looking for a hand out! Get off your ass and work!
amy

North Tazewell, VA

#23 Aug 3, 2015
too sorry to work wrote:
OMG, you know how you get houses built? By having good credit, saving for a down payment and getting a home loan. Everyone is looking for a hand out! Get off your ass and work!
I have to agree..I worked for almost ten years saving for my down payment on our home, but we got the house we had always wanted. The only way to get anything in this life is through hard work, and saving up for things. I say to these people with children, don't let them see you take hand outs. Let your children see you out working hard, and give them a firm foundation to grow up on. Ultimately, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and what they see you do, one day they too will do as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lorre beth 32 min And 11
El mars opens in richlands 2 hr Wow 29
Descent man looking ltr 4 hr Looking4ltr 17
User Fees 8 hr Pissed Citizen 1
Melissa 11 hr my2cents 4
gay men in Richlands 13 hr Blah 13
Lisa Keen Stanly Fri coaleater 1

Richlands Jobs

Personal Finance

Richlands Mortgages