Former NASCAR TV Show Host Has Ties t...

Former NASCAR TV Show Host Has Ties to the Area?

Posted in the Richlands Forum

Seth Short

United States

#1 Aug 22, 2009
Is it true that Emily Maynard widowed fiance of Ricky Hendricks and former gf of Dale Earnhardt,JR has a parent or parent(s) from Richlands?

She is a beautiful girl. I am sure they are very proud of her.
Jon Doe

Cedar Bluff, VA

#2 Aug 22, 2009
Seth Short wrote:
Is it true that Emily Maynard widowed fiance of Ricky Hendricks and former gf of Dale Earnhardt,JR has a parent or parent(s) from Richlands?
She is a beautiful girl. I am sure they are very proud of her.
Yes this is true...Her father's name is Dave Maynard and he is originally from this area and so is his ex-wife but now Dave lives up in WV near his coal mining business and his ex lives in Key West,FL...I dont know if she dated Dale Earnhardt Jr or not but she does have a baby by the Hendricks guy that got killed a few years ago
homer simp

New Hope, VA

#3 Aug 22, 2009
i know dave. he is a really good guy. used 2 work 4 him when he mined up rt. 618 yrs. ago. didn't know that he n susie had divorced though.
jami

North Tazewell, VA

#4 Jan 31, 2011
homer simp wrote:
i know dave. he is a really good guy. used 2 work 4 him when he mined up rt. 618 yrs. ago. didn't know that he n susie had divorced though.
so what is susie last name now that she is divorced
The bachelor

Raven, VA

#5 Jan 31, 2011
Emily Maynard from "The Bachelor 2011" is one of the contestants vying for the affection of Brad Womack in Season 15 of the ABC reality dating competition. Emily ("Bachelor 2011") currently lives in Charlotte, North Carolina, but is originally from Morgantown, West Virginia.

Emily Maynard ("Bachelor 2011") is an event planner for a children's hospital. She is 24 years old and has two tattoos: one on her wrist and one behind her ear. Emily Maynard has a five-year-old daughter with Ricky Hendrick of the well known Hendricks Motor Sports in NASCAR. He died in a plane crash in 2004. Five days after he died, Emily ("Bachelor 2011") found out she was pregnant with his child. They were never married.

If she were stranded on a desert island, Emily Maynard ("Bachelor 2011") would bring a radio because she loves music, sunscreen&mdash";No wrinkles!," and Diet Coke because "I drink way too many but can't get through the day without it!"

When asked if she's a little bit country or more of a city person, Emily ("Bachelor 2011") says, "Growing up in West Virginia I'm pretty sure my father would have disowned me if I didn't enjoy getting dirty, but I also couldn't live without some of the luxuries of living in a city."

What's her favorite holiday? Emily Maynard says, "I love the 4th of July because we always spend it on the lake with friends, family and good food."

Which U.S. city does Emily ("Bachelor 2011") consider to be the most romantic? "As much as I love hot weather, Aspen is very romantic to me because after beign outside all day you can sit in front of the fire."

What's her worst date memory? Emily Maynard says, "The guy was so rude to the waitress. I went back the next day to apologize. "
Fryday

Roanoke, VA

#6 Mar 22, 2011
The bachelor wrote:
Emily Maynard from "The Bachelor 2011" is one of the contestants vying for the affection of Brad Womack in Season 15 of the ABC reality dating competition. Emily ("Bachelor 2011") currently lives in Charlotte, North Carolina, but is originally from Morgantown, West Virginia.
Emily Maynard ("Bachelor 2011") is an event planner for a children's hospital. She is 24 years old and has two tattoos: one on her wrist and one behind her ear. Emily Maynard has a five-year-old daughter with Ricky Hendrick of the well known Hendricks Motor Sports in NASCAR. He died in a plane crash in 2004. Five days after he died, Emily ("Bachelor 2011") found out she was pregnant with his child. They were never married.
If she were stranded on a desert island, Emily Maynard ("Bachelor 2011") would bring a radio because she loves music, sunscreen&mdash";No wrinkles!," and Diet Coke because "I drink way too many but can't get through the day without it!"
When asked if she's a little bit country or more of a city person, Emily ("Bachelor 2011") says, "Growing up in West Virginia I'm pretty sure my father would have disowned me if I didn't enjoy getting dirty, but I also couldn't live without some of the luxuries of living in a city."
What's her favorite holiday? Emily Maynard says, "I love the 4th of July because we always spend it on the lake with friends, family and good food."
Which U.S. city does Emily ("Bachelor 2011") consider to be the most romantic? "As much as I love hot weather, Aspen is very romantic to me because after beign outside all day you can sit in front of the fire."
What's her worst date memory? Emily Maynard says, "The guy was so rude to the waitress. I went back the next day to apologize. "
Why is the bachelor lurking on Richlands, VA Topix? lol
Emily Maynard Won

Raven, VA

#7 Mar 22, 2011
The 38-year-old bar owner from Austin, TX, says he knew it was the right decision to propose to bachelorette Emily Maynard, a 24-year-old children's hospital event planner from Charlotte, NC, from the moment he saw the southern sweetheart arrive at the final Rose Ceremony on Monday night's broadcast of The Bachelor's fifteenth-season finale.

"The day that I proposed to Emily is one that will forever be etched into my mind. I remember seeing her at the top of the stairs at the vineyard. She literally took my breath away. I remember thinking to myself,'I'm looking at the woman I'm going to marry.' It was such a confident thought, one I had searched for my entire life," Womack wrote on his P

"I've never been in that position before. Countless people throughout my life have told me,'When you know, you just know.' When I got to know Emily, I just knew. I knew I had fallen into love and it's a love I wanted to have forever."

While Monday night's After the Final Rose special revealed the couple has already broken up once since the final Rose Ceremony was filmed in November, Womack anticipates taking things slow but working through every obstacle and eventually marrying Maynard.

"People are going to ask,'What's next?' The short answer is: nothing (but everything). Emily and I are so excited to begin a very normal life with a very real relationship. No press, no media, no 'exclusive' stories. We are looking forward to movie nights, cups of coffee together, hanging out with her beautiful daughter at the park and anything else that so many couples do on a daily basis. We are looking forward to life beginning together," Womack explained.

Womack also said he is appreciative he received another opportunity to find love and wants to thank viewers for their support despite their initial skepticism about his second chance at The Bachelor.

"I want to take a minute and thank all of you for your continued support throughout the season. I know there was so much controversy involved with bringing me back to be The Bachelor for a second time around. I actually understand why people were so upset. All I can say is thank you so very much for giving me a second chance. You helped change my life," Womack wrote.
Jessica Lynn

Roanoke, VA

#8 Mar 22, 2012
she da bachellorette?abc?
gtl

Grundy, VA

#9 Mar 22, 2012
She's Bob Mullens grand daughter. Bobby is her uncle and I think ABC started this stupid thread!!
ROAD COMMANDER

Richlands, VA

#10 Mar 28, 2012
Emily Maynard,the new Bachelorette on ABC TV definitely has ties in Richlands. Susie Mullins Maynard(mother) ia a RHS grad of 1972,grand father Bob Mullins(local business),Aunts Toni Mullins Lawson & Mary Ann Mullins Strong & Uncle Bobby Mullins. Emily is the best thing to come out of RICHLANDS since US460 !
iYO

Richlands, VA

#11 Mar 28, 2012
ROAD COMMANDER wrote:
Emily Maynard,the new Bachelorette on ABC TV definitely has ties in Richlands. Susie Mullins Maynard(mother) ia a RHS grad of 1972,grand father Bob Mullins(local business),Aunts Toni Mullins Lawson & Mary Ann Mullins Strong & Uncle Bobby Mullins. Emily is the best thing to come out of RICHLANDS since US460 !
That's your opinion and probably her's too, but not mine.
Dan Hallen

Grundy, VA

#12 Mar 28, 2012
Yea we have 3 local Heros a chick that won a car a chick that out screwed 30 other sluts and a fat ass drugggie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Billy Rasnake 2 hr General 1
Kenny byrd 3 hr Eternal truth 24
I love sheena rife 3 hr Eternal truth 27
Rameys 3 hr Eternal truth 12
corner mart 3 hr Eternal truth 22
Eternal Truth (Sep '15) 7 hr Eternal truth 600
The BIG WAKE UP ! 23 hr ET Sock 4

Richlands Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance