shopper

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2010

is there any way we can to get some more stores interested in comming here?im tired of having to go to bristol for everything!
Yes

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2010

You and me both! I would love to have more clothing stores and a book store a coffee shop we need that kind of thing here. The older people are going to die off and the younger people hate the town and are gonna move away. it's hopeless.
I wannabe

Grundy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2010

you need to talk to your councilmen and Board of Supervisors. They have the power to do so. talk with John Absher and see if he might help. Also, Phillip Puckett and Will Morefield. Get you some petitions and have all the communities sign them
stupids

Cedar Bluff, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2010

you all are too stupid to breath

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2010

Judged:

I would say that a new mall needs to be built. Malls usually have a 20 year life span so it way past that now. I also think it is mall management. They are the ones that decide rent and how to get the stores in there. If they can offer people free rent and incentives then maybe they would come into the mall. That gun store certainly sways real stores from coming in. It is so hillbilly. And to top it off the people that work there and own it are rude sometimes and never have the store open for full mall hours.
I wannabe

Grundy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2010

Tostupid: These people are only voicing an interest in their community. What do you find so stupid about that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2010

I wannabe wrote:
Tostupid: These people are only voicing an interest in their community. What do you find so stupid about that?
This site is literally filled with morons making off the wall comments and observations that have nothing to do with the issues at hand. I tend to ignore them.
wrong town for that

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Fluffy Me wrote:
I would say that a new mall needs to be built. Malls usually have a 20 year life span so it way past that now. I also think it is mall management. They are the ones that decide rent and how to get the stores in there. If they can offer people free rent and incentives then maybe they would come into the mall. That gun store certainly sways real stores from coming in. It is so hillbilly. And to top it off the people that work there and own it are rude sometimes and never have the store open for full mall hours.
You need to understand something...Richlands and the surrounding area are dying. You are all stuck on a Titanic of a town with a huge hole in the bottom taking in water fast. Nothing anyone can do will save it. The "hey day" is over. Did Lowes help? Wal-Mart? Did any other business coming in help? NO!!!!!!!! You have the same ignorant ideas, the same stupid town representatives and your morals are a thing of the past. In 20 more years the only thing left in that place will be drug abusers and retirees pulling in a check. Who could imagine a freaking Kroger would go belly up???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Lowes are Walmart probably have a combined 200 employees or more. They are giving people jobs that would other wise work fast food or other retail places and they would not have health care. Thanks for all the technology and customer service places in Lebanon, Richlands and the surrounding areas have actually seen new people moving into the area. We have a gamestop now and it is successful so it is not so bad here. Direct TV is another one...They are hiring in people at $2-$3 dollars above minimum wage with benefits. I do agree that all the old fashioned people in town hall need to be kicked out and younger more modern thinkers need to be put in. Just the fact that there is no decent place to get a drink around here or the whole applebees thing is disturbing.
wrong town for that

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

the people that work at the Lowes and Wal-mart left the fast food restaurants and telemarketing companies! This made room for the teens to work in their vacant jobs...lol. There will never be a place to go have a quiet libation in that town because at the first sign of alcohol& music (El-Mariachi for example) the trollops, whores and losers come out of the woods/hollows. Maybe if there was a dress code/drug test/tooth count/credit check at the door you'd get a decent club there. It's ludicrous that you would have to go to Bristol to shop and or eat. Why can't there be reasonable accommodations in Richlands? My advice to anyone that has recently relocated there or is thinking about it...DON'T DO IT. It's depressing, people are vindictive and the economy is traumatic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

Once I made the mistake of going out and eating fast food around here. Boy was that a mistake. I went to Long johns to dine inside and as I waited for my number to be called. I swear the dirtiest skankiest people sat down right near me in the back of the place. I still waited for the obvious slow (Mentally and physically) man at the counter to call my name and I looked over and there is those nasty people pawing over my order. I knew it was mine because I ordered bread sticks for the inlaws and lemonades and I was so disgusted. That dumb ass man never called a number he just gave it to the first person standing at the counter. I was so disgusted after seeing them touch my food and then take it up front that I asked for a refund. So now I have family that thinks we live in the trashiest place on Earth because of the fast food workers and the people that eat there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

This was my hint that I moved to a extremely rural place....Ralphs country club...I literally thought I could pack up my gold clubs and go there to golf...I was later told it was more like a bar and to never go in there because it was nasty. Instead of wearing sweaters around their shoulders those people will be wearing mountain dew shoulder pads I guess.
wrong town for that

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

It scares me. I visit, give kisses and can't wait to get back home and take a bath...lol. We went into a few restaurants there and the food wasn't half bad but dear God in Heaven! Sure the people would smile at you in a dazed kind of cooky way but it was frightening. I ran into some old friends and I couldn't help stare at their mouths where they used to have teeth. I mean really pretty girls are haggard looking slapping hamburgers now. Ugh.
tammy

Scottsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

They really need some new stores in the mall
tammy

Scottsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

shopper wrote:
is there any way we can to get some more stores interested in comming here?im tired of having to go to bristol for everything!
really need some good stores.
tammy

Scottsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

Yes wrote:
You and me both! I would love to have more clothing stores and a book store a coffee shop we need that kind of thing here. The older people are going to die off and the younger people hate the town and are gonna move away. it's hopeless.
a book store would be great
tammy

Scottsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Yes wrote:
The town needs to grow and get more business and more restaurants
Jenny

Scottsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

shopper wrote:
We need an american eagle or hollister here and somewhere good to eat
funny

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

News Flash: Never gonna happen... as long as people act like white trash and raise their kids to be white trash, things will continue on down hill... that town is going nowhere, so if you have big dreams of being able to drive 2 miles to a decent mall...move on somewhere else.
Well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2010

The mall doesn't have any stores because the rent is way too high. The owners of the mall need to realize that they will be much more successful if they lowered the rent where more businesses can move in.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Richlands Forum right now

Search the Richlands Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Billy Atkins 23 min Bubba 5
troy underwood 29 min peter 7
sexy lady walking 1 hr queen 80
brandy rose smith (Sep '13) 2 hr What 14
yes you will 6 hr afrojack 137
Melissa McGlothlin (Sep '10) 6 hr new york friend 16
Who will be the write-in council member in Ceda... 6 hr same 163
•••
•••