Boys in the girls bathroom

Posted in the Richlands Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
annoyed

United States

#1 Sep 1, 2009
Ok.... let me start by saying that I have no problem with mothers bring their young boys into the girls bathroom..... But when I say young I mean under the age of 7.... nad 7 is pushing it.....

I was in the restroom at walmart tonight and as I was coming out of the stall a woman and her son walked in.... This kid was at least was at least 12.... there is absoluetly no reason why a 12 year old boy can not go into the mens bathroom to do his business.... He has no business in the womens restroom.....
Seriously

Richlands, VA

#2 Sep 1, 2009
annoyed wrote:
Ok.... let me start by saying that I have no problem with mothers bring their young boys into the girls bathroom..... But when I say young I mean under the age of 7.... nad 7 is pushing it.....
I was in the restroom at walmart tonight and as I was coming out of the stall a woman and her son walked in.... This kid was at least was at least 12.... there is absoluetly no reason why a 12 year old boy can not go into the mens bathroom to do his business.... He has no business in the womens restroom.....
I think boys should use the men's room from age 4 and up. Around 12 is unacceptable! I am surprised that was allowed.

“Forum_Troll!”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#3 Sep 1, 2009
You can never be too cautious when it comes to your children, I agree 12 is a little old to be the womens bathroom. I always stood outside the mens bathroom door when my son would go in and if he was in there longer than I thought he should be I would open the door and ask if he was ok, if he didn't answer yes I would walk in and ask again. I didn't care who was in there I was checking on my child. You never know who is in there or what is going on.
mommy

United States

#4 Sep 1, 2009
I think 4 is a little to young to let go in a public restroon unsupervised.... but 12 is outrageous.... this should not have been allowed
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
I think boys should use the men's room from age 4 and up. Around 12 is unacceptable! I am surprised that was allowed.
Pondering thoughts

Cedar Bluff, VA

#5 Sep 2, 2009
This is an akward situation. I would have felt very uncomfortable. I think that a child that old ahould be able to go to bathroom alone. I mean there are children being left alone at that age. I was. Both parents worked. But then again, there may have been a good reason, the child may have had some type of handicap.(Mental Retardation, or something of the sort) I would contact Walmart and make them aware of this situation. If the mother did it once she will more than likly do it again, and what worries me is I have neices that age that visit walmart restrooms when we are there and I would not want them going in there with a child of that age in there. I think that if there was reason for the mother to take her son in there she should have made arragments to have an associate stand at the door with the restroom clear until her son did his business. That would take all of what 5 mins? I mean come on! And, you might also what to check with walmart and find out why they don't have a family restroom for matters just as this. The one in Lebanon, bluefield and Bristol all have one.. That is what they are in there for! I truly would contact walmart about this matter.

Since: Jul 09

Port Republic, VA

#6 Sep 2, 2009
I've actually thought about this a lot. My son is only 3, so it isn't a problem right now, but how old IS too old? I don't know. I agree that a TWELVE year old has no business going into the women's bathroom, but what age is appropriate???
mother of a son

Richlands, VA

#7 Sep 2, 2009
My son is 5 I still take him into the bathroom with me. I would say 7 is about the age where they can go into the bathroom unsupervised. You really don't know what people have on their minds.

To a child molester three minutes of seclusion is all he needs. Before the age of seven children tend to do what adults tell them, this makes our children easy targets.

12 is way too old, I would have siad something to the store manager.
my son

Richlands, VA

#8 Sep 2, 2009
my oldest son is 8 & I do not feel comfortable with him going into the mens restroom alone. Well it also depends on where we are at. Pedophiles look for opportunities like that to prey on kids. So I would rather be assured of my child's saftety & risk making someone else feel uncomfortable. We do use the family restroom when available. I think around age 10 is prabably when he will go alone consistantly.
just saying

Tazewell, VA

#9 Sep 2, 2009
well i agree that a 12 year old should be able to go to the bathroom alone however is it possiable that this child was not 12 just big for his age or is it possiable like one person stated that there was a problem or readon for this i know that i would not want my daughter in the restroom with an older bot in there however there may have been a good reason my son is only nine and he looks like he is 12 or 13 he is a big boy he does go to the restroom alone but i do like the other mom and stand outside but there are so many sickos around these days you cant be too careful i would contact walmart for sure and there is no reason if there wasnt a problem that the child should have been in there none at all but if there was a problem then there should have been some arrangements made by the parent or an associate of walmart to make sure noone else entered while he was in there
Just a mom

Bastrop, TX

#10 Sep 2, 2009
My son is 8 years old and if it is just me and him out I hate letting him go to a public restroom, luckily it hardly happens because my kids know if we are at Wal-Mart, use the bathroom before we go, lol, I really hate public restrooms and have taught my children to.:) Anyway the other evening it was just me and my son and he had to use the restroom. I stood at the door and waited to see if anyone was coming out, let him go in by himself, stood at the door freaking out, then he came out and lo and behold some creepy looking man came out after him. It is scary and we live in a sad and pathetic world where pathetic people prey upon our children. Luckily most of the time my husband or nephew is with me and they can go in pairs to the restroom.
Maybe this mother of the older boy has had a previous bad expereince with public restrooms with her son...you never know. It is hard being a mom and always trying to do the right thing.
Married without kids

Norfolk, VA

#11 Sep 2, 2009
Well, I am a 30 year old woman without children who absolutely cannot stand when women bring their male children into a women's restroom, especially if there are the "family restrooms." I have seen women walk right past these only to go to the womens. Unless your baby is in diapers and needs for you to physically change them or are too young to walk, send to the appropriate bathroom. Maybe you should think ahead and have a male (father) with you. It's just that so many parents don't realize that not the whole world loves children. Which brings me to another scenario, bringing babies and other screamers to restaurants. If I walk into a McDonalds I feel I have nothing to say, but if I am in a nicer place I am thinking, they should've gotten a babysitter or stuck to fast food. Call me mean or rude, whatever, this place is for opinions.

Since: Jul 09

Port Republic, VA

#12 Sep 2, 2009
Married without kids wrote:
Well, I am a 30 year old woman without children who absolutely cannot stand when women bring their male children into a women's restroom, especially if there are the "family restrooms." I have seen women walk right past these only to go to the womens. Unless your baby is in diapers and needs for you to physically change them or are too young to walk, send to the appropriate bathroom. Maybe you should think ahead and have a male (father) with you. It's just that so many parents don't realize that not the whole world loves children. Which brings me to another scenario, bringing babies and other screamers to restaurants. If I walk into a McDonalds I feel I have nothing to say, but if I am in a nicer place I am thinking, they should've gotten a babysitter or stuck to fast food. Call me mean or rude, whatever, this place is for opinions.
You are entitled to your opinions, but our children are also entitled to eat at different restaurants, as well. These are PUBLIC places and guess what... CHILDREN are a part of the public. As far as having a male go into the bathroom with a child, I do that whenever he is with us, but you can't tell me that a 3 yr old is capable of holding it in. We always make a point to have them go before we leave, but what if you're planning an outing for the day? Unless you're butt-naked OUTSIDE of the stalls, why on Earth would you care if there is a tiny child accompanied with his mother to the restrooms? Honestly, what makes you so uncomfortable? I understand the first poster's point about the 12 yr old, but an innocent preschooler? I'm starting to think that maybe YOU should just go before you leave the house so that you don't have to deal with these UNBEARABLE children! ugh.

The whole world doesn't love children, but just because you don't love them, doesn't mean they don't have the rights that you have.
just saying

Tazewell, VA

#13 Sep 2, 2009
Married without kids wrote:
well aren't we just a snot!!!Just because you do not like children why on earth woulld you have a problem with a pre schooler be in the restroom where you are you are one strange cat!!!
Just a mom

Bastrop, TX

#14 Sep 2, 2009
If you don't have kids your opinion is moot about what a mom should do with her child, because you don't know, and that is not being mean at all. And, in this area there are not "family restrooms"...and do you not use the stall in the restroom, close and lock the door...what are you afraid this child is going to see.. you washing your hands at the sink? I don't get it. And, seriously plan ahead and take dad, lol, maybe dad is dead, maybe dad works, maybe dad don't want to go grocery shopping...you can have your opinion but like I said it is worthless when you are talking to actual moms because you don't know.
my opinion

Rockford, MI

#15 Sep 2, 2009
I think if a mother has an issue with letting a boy of the age of 12 go to the bathroom by himself then she should go into the mens restroom with him and not take him in the girls bathroom.
Just a mom wrote:
My son is 8 years old and if it is just me and him out I hate letting him go to a public restroom, luckily it hardly happens because my kids know if we are at Wal-Mart, use the bathroom before we go, lol, I really hate public restrooms and have taught my children to.:) Anyway the other evening it was just me and my son and he had to use the restroom. I stood at the door and waited to see if anyone was coming out, let him go in by himself, stood at the door freaking out, then he came out and lo and behold some creepy looking man came out after him. It is scary and we live in a sad and pathetic world where pathetic people prey upon our children. Luckily most of the time my husband or nephew is with me and they can go in pairs to the restroom.
Maybe this mother of the older boy has had a previous bad expereince with public restrooms with her son...you never know. It is hard being a mom and always trying to do the right thing.
Just a mom

Bastrop, TX

#16 Sep 2, 2009
my opinion wrote:
I think if a mother has an issue with letting a boy of the age of 12 go to the bathroom by himself then she should go into the mens restroom with him and not take him in the girls bathroom.
<quoted text>
I think a woman walking in with men standing along the wall peeing would be more invasive that a little boy walking in and seeing a woman washing their hands at the sink, but that is my opinion. I let my son go in alone, but it sucks, and it happens seldom and I mean seldom...they other day was the first time in forever. Didn't anyone see on the news where that creep at Mercer Mall messed with a teenage boy in the mall restroom...young pre-teens are in more danger because they do have to go on their own...it is a sad and pathetic world and once you are caught messing with a child one time your life should be spent locked away...creeps...imo
mad max

United States

#17 Sep 2, 2009
annoyed wrote:
I agree, also if mom or dad has to be in the restroom with their child, Wal-Mart does have a family restroom.
whatever

Norfolk, VA

#18 Sep 2, 2009
mad max wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, also if mom or dad has to be in the restroom with their child, Wal-Mart does have a family restroom.
So there are family restrooms in your area.
Richlands - Magicians

United States

#19 Sep 2, 2009
At age 17, i took a big dook in the women's restroom at Richlands Middle Schoo.l
Just a mom

Bastrop, TX

#20 Sep 2, 2009
mad max wrote:
<quoted text>
To my knowledge the local Wal-Mart here only has male/female restrooms, I could be wrong, we seldom have used them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
C-Low Jones 8 hr conserned 1
Can anyone confirm ?? C-Low Jones 8 hr conserned 1
Assault & Battery 8 hr joke 9
Ed haines 15 hr Trouble 3
If I wear pants, will I go to hell? (Sep '11) 17 hr Bob 135
The Little creature in Bandy (Jun '14) Sun Chris 48
Recruiting Season Sun HaHaHaHa 20

Richlands Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance