Church legalism and control

Posted in the Richlands Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Under Grace

Richlands, VA

#1 Jan 24, 2013
In Christianity, legalism is the excessive and improper use of the law (10 commandments, holiness laws, etc). This legalism can take different forms. The first is where a person attempts to keep the Law in order to attain salvation. The second is where a person keeps the law in order to maintain his salvation. The third is when a Christian judges other Christians for not keeping certain codes of conduct that he thinks need to be observed.

You can read more by clicking on the clicking on the link here.

http://carm.org/what-is-legalism
Atheist

Cedar Bluff, VA

#2 Jan 24, 2013
Under Grace wrote:
In Christianity, legalism is the excessive and improper use of the law (10 commandments, holiness laws, etc). This legalism can take different forms. The first is where a person attempts to keep the Law in order to attain salvation. The second is where a person keeps the law in order to maintain his salvation. The third is when a Christian judges other Christians for not keeping certain codes of conduct that he thinks need to be observed.
You can read more by clicking on the clicking on the link here.
http://carm.org/what-is-legalism
...its your made up beliefs, god's in your own image, full of jelously, hate and revenge (it's so obvious man created religions) that should have legal questions, illegal that is...mankind and humanity would be so much better off!
Under Grace

Richlands, VA

#3 Jan 25, 2013
Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>...its your made up beliefs, god's in your own image, full of jelously, hate and revenge (it's so obvious man created religions) that should have legal questions, illegal that is...mankind and humanity would be so much better off!
And your right, man did create religion. That's what this Church legalism is. It's religion. Seeing that religion is a system of man made rules. But Grace and salvation came through Christ. Christ has redeemed men by him coming and doing for our sins. Not that we should use our freedom wrongly, willingly sinning every day. This is bring a rush in of GOD's judgements before our very face. But you can't prove a negative. Scientist, have already proven, if you would kindly do your research, that in the human chromosomes. They have found something there, that stands out, and that there is no earthly what that a human could or can place this there. Scientist are now believing there is a GOD, because of their study's are so refined and close. You speak without doing you own research. Could it be that you might be spooked as to what you find? And that therefor you may be proven wrong?
Atheist

Cedar Bluff, VA

#4 Jan 25, 2013
Under Grace wrote:
<quoted text>And your right, man did create religion. That's what this Church legalism is. It's religion. Seeing that religion is a system of man made rules. But Grace and salvation came through Christ. Christ has redeemed men by him coming and doing for our sins. Not that we should use our freedom wrongly, willingly sinning every day. This is bring a rush in of GOD's judgements before our very face. But you can't prove a negative. Scientist, have already proven, if you would kindly do your research, that in the human chromosomes. They have found something there, that stands out, and that there is no earthly what that a human could or can place this there. Scientist are now believing there is a GOD, because of their study's are so refined and close. You speak without doing you own research. Could it be that you might be spooked as to what you find? And that therefor you may be proven wrong?
...I am well educated, I know what your referring to, I have a minor in Old and New Testament studies from King College and what you are saying is just nuts, you can always find one or two so-called scientist that will say anything for grant money and tenure, doesn't mean science is starting to believe in a god and you know it, you are distorting the truth trying to prove an unprovable proof with a nut case argument...just because science hasn't understood everything they are discovering yet, doesn't mean that is a proof of god, give it time, the churches has had a few thousand years to indoctrinate society into believing myths, science has just started in finding the real truths about the universe and laws governing it...
I Know

Silver Spring, MD

#5 Jan 25, 2013
without the law of moses there is nothing to be guilty of therefore forgiveness and grace are not needed.i hope you can understand that it will help with your religion ha.without the law JESUS would have never cme because without law there simply is no sin.
Under Grace

Richlands, VA

#6 Jan 25, 2013
I Know wrote:
without the law of moses there is nothing to be guilty of therefore forgiveness and grace are not needed.i hope you can understand that it will help with your religion ha.without the law JESUS would have never cme because without law there simply is no sin.
You don't understand, Adam and Eve sinned... This brought sin on every human. Do your research. Read the book of Galatians. Most people speak, and think they know what they are talking about. When the research has not be done. Adam and Eve sinned, and the Law was not even given.
I Know

Hyattsville, MD

#7 Jan 25, 2013
without law there is no need for forgiveness because you can never get a speeding ticket if there is no speed limit.
jajaja

Cedar Bluff, VA

#8 Jan 25, 2013
I Know wrote:
without law there is no need for forgiveness because you can never get a speeding ticket if there is no speed limit.
...and with speed governors, there is no need for inept laws!

“By the grace of god, I roam...”

Since: Feb 08

RVA

#9 Jan 27, 2013
Under Grace wrote:
<blah blah blah>Scientist, have already proven, if you would kindly do your research, that in the human chromosomes. They have found something there, that stands out, and that there is no earthly what that a human could or can place this there.
This must be one of the "tongues" you people claim to be able to speak in, because I certainly can't understand it.
guess

Washington, DC

#10 Jan 28, 2013
grace you still dont understand before that apple deal there was no sin therefore there was no need for forgiveness.without any rules to be broken you dont need grace because you are not guilty of anything.funny this man made religion thing,if it dont suit you change it like has been done a dozen times already with the bible.
Under Grace

Richlands, VA

#11 Jan 29, 2013
Have you ever tried to figur something out? You would try over and over again and again? Until one day you got back to work on it, and POOF! Everything just comes to you. Then you think, well I should of found that a long time ago. Now I fill so stupid. So not many can see the code of the bible. One hast to be saved, and have GOD on the inside of them. Other wise, this can't be. It's hid from the sinners eyes, and that of their understanding. Many sinners thinks they understand it. But what they are understanding, is that of their own thinking. Most don't even pick their bible up and seek after GOD's understanding with all their heart.
reality checker

Silver Spring, MD

#12 Jan 29, 2013
what kind of psycho babble was that.GOD would not deliberatly hide anything from anybody,especially sinners.what cult(church)do you brag about attending?
I Know Too

New Hope, VA

#13 Jan 29, 2013
I Know wrote:
If Adam & Eve could not be guilty of wrongdoing why did they receive punishment? The 'Law of Moses' wasn't around then but the law of God was as it still is today. And it isn't the 'law of Moses'. It was the law of God given through Moses. We don't live under that law today. The coming of Jesus rendered that law obsolete.
Under Grace

Richlands, VA

#14 Jan 29, 2013
reality checker wrote:
what kind of psycho babble was that.GOD would not deliberatly hide anything from anybody,especially sinners.what cult(church)do you brag about attending?
You remember Christ saying "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear"
Under Grace

Richlands, VA

#15 Jan 29, 2013
I Know Too wrote:
<quoted text>
If Adam & Eve could not be guilty of wrongdoing why did they receive punishment? The 'Law of Moses' wasn't around then but the law of God was as it still is today. And it isn't the 'law of Moses'. It was the law of God given through Moses. We don't live under that law today. The coming of Jesus rendered that law obsolete.
That's 100% right :) I have took a look at most churches through out Richlands. And it's like most of them are trying to live under the old law. Don't they know they are really saying that what the son of GOD did for them of the cross, was not good enough? It's so sad....
I Know Too

New Hope, VA

#16 Jan 29, 2013
Most churches especially in the Appalachian region pick out a scripture in the Old Testament and build a religion around it. Nothing else in the Bible matters to them except that one scripture.

Until Jesus went to the cross salvation was not open to all mankind....only to the Jewish people.

We could not adhere to the old law today. If we did we'd be sacrificing bulls, goats, and other animals on a daily basis for blood offerings and sin offerings. Or get stoned to death if we moved a muscle on the Sabbath. Not all of the Ten Commandments under the old law transferred to the New Testament. Jesus gave us only 9. But that doesn't mean we should totally disregard the other one.
u dont know

Richlands, VA

#17 Jan 29, 2013
JESUS actually said the only true commandment is love.he did not say there would be no law,he said he would provide grace and fofgiveness for you when you sin(violate the law).just because JESUS died on the cross for your sins dont mean you still dont have to live by the laws of man or GOD.if that were to be true then murder rape robbery would be ok along with those sacrificesyou mentioned,you see yourself picking and choosing those old testement scriptures?i do,should we disregard the old testement since we dont have to live by GODS old laws,i think not.
I Know Too

New Hope, VA

#18 Jan 30, 2013
Do you what a person is referring to when they speak of the 'old law'?
read

Richlands, VA

#19 Jan 30, 2013
theres a whole book in the bible about law,some ridiculous some still a mans law today.most churches teach that jesus fulfilled the old law and he did,but they teach that grace is easy to obtain and it is.the real question here is at what time does your license to sin that they give overcome forgiveness?at what point does GOD say wait a minute i just forgave him(or her)for adultery yesterday and they done it again today.im sorry,i believe even an all loving GOD would get tired of that.the doctrine of greasy grace will keep many out of heaven,be careful who you set under taht speaks into your heart,they may not have your salvation or walk with GOD as there goal.
Under Grace

Richlands, VA

#20 Jan 30, 2013
I Know Too wrote:
Most churches especially in the Appalachian region pick out a scripture in the Old Testament and build a religion around it. Nothing else in the Bible matters to them except that one scripture.
Until Jesus went to the cross salvation was not open to all mankind....only to the Jewish people.
We could not adhere to the old law today. If we did we'd be sacrificing bulls, goats, and other animals on a daily basis for blood offerings and sin offerings. Or get stoned to death if we moved a muscle on the Sabbath. Not all of the Ten Commandments under the old law transferred to the New Testament. Jesus gave us only 9. But that doesn't mean we should totally disregard the other one.
AMEN!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grants is too cold! 1 hr Lol 28
Pizza Plus murders TV show?? 2 hr Lol 9
The Trucker the biker and the peace of trash 4 hr oh i know this one 4
Wanting to know 7 hr Her man 42
Mike Miller Tue Holla 1
Magic mountain Tue Hooker With a Penis 15
Johnny Gross Feb 19 Curious 4

Richlands Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance