Tazewell County Schools Locked Down

Posted in the Richlands Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Concerned Mom

Bland, VA

#1 Mar 31, 2009
Anyone heard that Tazewell Middle and possibly all schools in Tazewell County just went on lockdown?
Linda G

Nicholasville, KY

#2 Mar 31, 2009
NOOO what Are you talking about why????
over it

Abingdon, VA

#3 Mar 31, 2009
Concerned Mom wrote:
Anyone heard that Tazewell Middle and possibly all schools in Tazewell County just went on lockdown?
why would you come on here & post to find out instead of calling the school board office. By posting something that may or not be true you start a rumour & get peopel all up in a tizzy. I never get why people would rather come to a message board & post stuff like this rather than finding out on there on.
Linda G

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Mar 31, 2009
I just called the Richlands Middle School< gentleman who answered phone said "no, not in the Richlands area", but did not say anything about any other schools in Tazewell County
Linda G

Nicholasville, KY

#5 Mar 31, 2009
Thank You "over it" I could'nt had said it any better!!
Concerned Mom

Bland, VA

#6 Mar 31, 2009
over it wrote:
<quoted text>
why would you come on here & post to find out instead of calling the school board office. By posting something that may or not be true you start a rumour & get peopel all up in a tizzy. I never get why people would rather come to a message board & post stuff like this rather than finding out on there on.
Let's see....if every parent in Tazewell County started calling all the schools and they needed those lines for emergency calls.....guess you went to school in WV
Now...I have two friends who have gotten text messages from Tazewell Elem and Tazewell Middle saying they are in lockdown over threats that have been made to schools
Unknown

Penn Laird, VA

#7 Mar 31, 2009
I have heard it to, Why are they saying there on lock down. I would like to know the concern, even if it could be a rumour. Does it have anything to do with the pizza plus thing, or the rumour of gangs?
Things that matter

Bland, VA

#8 Mar 31, 2009
I am thankful that someone is willing to post something useful on here (even if it does turn out to be a rumor) rather than which hair dresser is stabing which one in the back today and which Gasco man is screwing around this week.
Unknown

Penn Laird, VA

#9 Mar 31, 2009
I agree. I wish some one would post something about it, because i am a little worried & i cant find anything else about it.
yup

Tazewell, VA

#10 Mar 31, 2009
Tazewell Middle School IS infact on lock down. I just got off the phone with one of the student's parent, and she said that a child has sent emails and text messages about bringing a gun and shooting down the school. But thats just hear say, but the school IS ON LOCK DOWN. Other than what's going on....all I've heard is hearsay.
over it

Abingdon, VA

#11 Mar 31, 2009
Tazewell County Schools has an alerting system that should be used to alert parents if the school is on lockdown. The same system that is used to alert people if schools are dismissed early. They can call every parent with an automated message at the phone numbers they provided or just the parents of children at a specific school.
& Concerened mom, parents are going to call the school regardless instead of relying on a message board to get factual information. Looks like you are the one that needs an education! What self respecting person would rely upon an internet message board for reliable info? A pretty stupid one!
over it

Abingdon, VA

#12 Mar 31, 2009
Concerned Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see....if every parent in Tazewell County started calling all the schools and they needed those lines for emergency calls.....guess you went to school in WV
Now...I have two friends who have gotten text messages from Tazewell Elem and Tazewell Middle saying they are in lockdown over threats that have been made to schools
Also wanted to add, exactly how many parents read these message boards & use them for their news? A handful! Hardly would make a difference if a dozen less parents called b/c they had recieved their "Reliable" news from topix..lol
over it

Abingdon, VA

#13 Mar 31, 2009
Concerned Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah dummy! Basing what you believe on what people post on here is like reading the Enquirer & thinking it is factual news.
Concerned Mom

Bland, VA

#14 Mar 31, 2009
You are blowing this so far out of proportion....if this alert system is so reliable then I would have known today that for a fact Tazewell Middle School went into lockdown because of want-a-be gangsters calling and texting threats to that school....I was not asking for news on this message board system just if anyone else had received text messages from scared students inside the school....and as for my education I have a degree what about you....there is no way I would rely on a alert system designed by these "leaders" of our school system
Concerned Mom

Bland, VA

#15 Mar 31, 2009
Also, have you ever thought that if parents would band together and demand that these teen age punks be stopped and get honest about who they are that most of this could be stopped if parents would truly raise their children and not pawn them off to grandparents and now even greatgrandparents to raise.....my son is a senior in high school and pointed out to me that if you go to the Claypool Hill mall on weekends you will see teenages with blue or red bandanas tied somewhere on their body....did you know these are gang members? We need to talk to our kids and eduate ourselves as parents and ban together to stop this craziness that is starting to affect our communities. Anyone have any ideas on how the citizens can help the police get this under control.
Another thing

Abingdon, VA

#16 Mar 31, 2009
Concerned Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
At least the other poster went to school somewhere, you obviously don't have much common sense! Posting something like you did is a SURE FIRE way to get people to call the schools! Instead of calling the schoolsYOURSELF, you post on a message board, people read it & then they call. So your rationale is WACKO!
Good grief

Abingdon, VA

#17 Mar 31, 2009
Concerned Mom wrote:
You are blowing this so far out of proportion....if this alert system is so reliable then I would have known today that for a fact Tazewell Middle School went into lockdown because of want-a-be gangsters calling and texting threats to that school....I was not asking for news on this message board system just if anyone else had received text messages from scared students inside the school....and as for my education I have a degree what about you....there is no way I would rely on a alert system designed by these "leaders" of our school system
You wouldn't rely on the school leaders that are there? But you would rely on a message board? IGNORANT! If you have such little faith in our school system perhaps you shouls look at otehr options? I'm willing to bet my education is better than yours, but that's neither here nor there. You made the ignorant comment about someone having gone to school in WV. And I am sure there are instances that some of their schools are worse than ours, but I daresay many of them are better. That was an ignorant uneducated comment.
Your orignal post had nothing to do with anyone receiving a text or call from students. It was an open ended question that you had to know would grow like wildfire. Usually an educated person would get some facts before posting something so potentially incendiary.
And alerting systems are not designed by our school "leaders". They are used for reverse 911 and as citizens' alerting systems nationwide. Try googling those terms, it's software that makes the calls as directed.
Concerned Mom

Bland, VA

#18 Mar 31, 2009
Common sense can't be taught I was born with plenty of it....just ask a simple question that everyone had to make a big deal of...really just expected an answer of "yes I heard it and it is a rumor". I certainly never expected parents to call me names and critize me...wonder why some children act the way they do? One thing I have learned is fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.
wandergirl

Richlands, VA

#19 Mar 31, 2009
Concerned Mom wrote:
Having a degree doesnt make up for NOT having "common sense" .Do you not realize how stupid this thread was ? Maybe someone read it and called another mother who was on the road and she panics and tries to rush home and causes an accident and someones gets killed>> all over a post that wasnt checked out before hand?? Especially with all the things happening in the past few days we all have to be more careful and more watchful of our surroundings but PLEASE dont panic us mothers or else you may have an out of control crowd of moms at every school taking their kids home!
wandergirl

Richlands, VA

#20 Mar 31, 2009
Concerned Mom wrote:
Common sense can't be taught I was born with plenty of it....just ask a simple question that everyone had to make a big deal of...really just expected an answer of "yes I heard it and it is a rumor". I certainly never expected parents to call me names and critize me...wonder why some children act the way they do? One thing I have learned is fruit doesn't fall far from the tree
what does that say about YOUR kid???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racist Richlands Cops! 18 min Kevin 113
Megan Baker 1 hr None ya 7
Christie Ramey bailey 1 hr Pamr 1
Same-sex marriage nationwide 3 hr bahahaha 39
Angel Cordle and Randal Taylor 3 hr Curious 16
looking to buy P Buckley moss prints (Oct '09) 4 hr Barbara Vergin 199
Where do bad folks go when they die? 5 hr bahahaha 4
More from around the web

Richlands People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE