|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Judged:

Seriously wrote:
You people are CRAZY!!! Thank God for the rule that parents can't roam the halls, that means my child will NEVER have to be around unstable people. PLEASE do yourself, the school system, and the teachers a favor and homeschool your kids or send them to a private school. The homeroom mothers volunteer, that is why they are allowed in the halls. Do any of you have a job??? Just curious because some of you say you are paying Mrs. Barringer and Mrs. Tatum's salary and I highly doubt that. Technically, they pay taxes too so they are kind of paying themselves. I also highly doubt any child is getting suspended for no reason. Oh yeah, and to the parent who said her son was "just playing", if he just "played" with my kid, they wouldn't be the only ones getting a lawyer because children need to be taught to keep their hands to themselves. CRAZY!!!!
I agree our children need structure when my son started cornerstone he was working on a 5th grade level but he was in the 8th grade what that tells me is the first 5 grade teachers did their job which would be RES but the next 3 grade teachers which would be RMS did not I don't want unannounced people walking around my kids I don't mind spankings in school if done right and if all a child can do is bully others they need to stay home I had very few meetings with mrs barringer because she does keep such a strong hold on the kids keeping them in line so be grateful for her cause when your kid gets in RMS they wont get that attention or love and then in RHS you can forget them getting anything but bullied or even worst ignored
elizabeth webb

Rockwell, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Other then jessica lynn and myself I haven't seen any names given and when I have talk to the schools and the school board about this site they have said that without names they can't and want take it serious if you really want to change things call the school board let your voices be heard everyday after awhile they have to do something or change their numbers write down who you talk to what was said do follow up while im glad we have a place to vent that is all we are doing on here and while that makes us feel better it doesn't help our children
Really

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

mom of a 12yr old wrote:
<quoted text>
let me tell you a few things i do not know what is so wrong with home schooling there is alot of good factors to home schooling
a) you know what your child is learning
b)you know they are not getting mistreated
c) you can space out their time to them and it will be less stressful on them
the person who wrote not to homeschool that school is your childs only hope you are full of sh** their is many ways to give the child social skills take the child to the park let them interact with other children ... patience and taking turns go to the grocery store and let them wait in line to pay for the groceries. it does not have to be in your child abusive rich a** school to learn they can learn just as much if not more being at home
Oh good grief, the point was the woman does not have the intellect to teach her child.
Idea

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Why can't parents be involved in the evaluation process of principals & teachers? If they are held accountable they will be more apt to behave professionally. The school board should send surveys to parents allowing them to evaluate their child's experience & allow them to give an honest assessment of their school/teachers/administrators . Unless they don't want parental opinions?
Really

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

apple wrote:
<quoted text>Jerry Sandusky,Heinrich Himmler,and Mary Kay Letournneau were "public" school teachers!!
Does anyone in this town have reading comprehension skills? The point was this one woman is not smart enough to teach her child. I was not defaming home schooling. However, since you brought it up: Anrea Yates, Christian Longo and Deanna Laney were all home schoolers.
I know

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Judged:

get involved wrote:
If you are so concerned about your children being mistreated sign up to substitute at RES or volunteer. They don't shut the door on that. See for yourself what goes on. But no, we just want to ASSUME and we all know what happens there!!!!!
I know whats going on and no we shouldnt have to go hold the school workers hands to make sure our kids are treated right.I seen alot of mistreatment around there so I know what Im talking unlike you.
I know

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone in this town have reading comprehension skills? The point was this one woman is not smart enough to teach her child. I was not defaming home schooling. However, since you brought it up: Anrea Yates, Christian Longo and Deanna Laney were all home schoolers.
You are you to be judging how smart someone is when u dnt even know them.I would say she is very smart for not giving a shit about what others think when it comes to her kids.At least she cares about her kids getting bad treatment from the school workers instead of turning away and saying well its the school and they know whats best,bull.As far as being smart enuf to home school her kids,well hum it dont take much to be smarter than RES teachers or workers.All they do is babysit our kids instead of teaching.Maybe you should try standing up for your kids instead letting the school decide whats best for them.To me thats not being much of a parent.So look in the mirror before you judge others cause your no better just worse.Start rasing your kids and see what a real mother is,you may like it.
grade this

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you like judging people well my little comments I put will give you something to do,grade them I made sure to misspell words and make lots of mistakes that way you would have something to do with your life.
bull

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text> Oh good grief, the point was the woman does not have the intellect to teach her child.
How do you know that just by a comment.Well alot of people make mistakes typing and they dont care how its wrote because its not like were being graded or tested.You need to look at yourself and stop judging others I bet your life isnt so great and from what you said I say you suck as a parent
to smackdown

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Judged:

SmackDown2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are we ignorant because we have a thought or feeling that is contrary to your own? It seems to me it is ignorant to presume to think that everything that numerous people on this thread has stated is anything but anger and voicing our opinion. Which by the way is my right just as it is your's. My level of intelligence or anyone elses' is not the issue and if you could pretend to act older than the elementary school children we might actually take you serious. If all you can do is "try" to be sarcastic and lower yourself to name calling then why even bother?! Obiviously you really have nothing else to say or we all are challenged. Either way you just look bad! 1: You are just full of stale comments 2: You are just a jerk and very proud of yourself or 3: You just like to make fun of people. Wow what a winner! Hopefully you won't have to lower yourself to that level again! Stop slumming it and find a forum full of rocket scientists and chemists! Besides I'm not partial to conversing with people who "think" they are better! Even though you live in Southwest Virginia just like I do!:)
Thank you and I feel the sameway.I put up my comments without taking the time to think well did spell it right.That isnt important and when your upset yes its easy to make mistakes but I good careless what other like about how I type my comments.Also Im lke you I dont care to much for people who think their better than anyone cause their not.Thats the whole thing with the school,they think their better and treat your kids and you like your trash.Well their not there to judge and they need to do their jobs and treat the children right as well as the parents.Again thank you and Im sure their judge his but I dont care what they think.Im so glad Im not like them walking around with their nose so high and judging people.Life to short be happy and forget what others think be yourself.
Really

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

I know wrote:
<quoted text>You are you to be judging how smart someone is when u dnt even know them.I would say she is very smart for not giving a shit about what others think when it comes to her kids.At least she cares about her kids getting bad treatment from the school workers instead of turning away and saying well its the school and they know whats best,bull.As far as being smart enuf to home school her kids,well hum it dont take much to be smarter than RES teachers or workers.All they do is babysit our kids instead of teaching.Maybe you should try standing up for your kids instead letting the school decide whats best for them.To me thats not being much of a parent.So look in the mirror before you judge others cause your no better just worse.Start rasing your kids and see what a real mother is,you may like it.
LOL
Wow

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Judged:

to smackdown wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you and I feel the sameway.I put up my comments without taking the time to think well did spell it right.That isnt important and when your upset yes its easy to make mistakes but I good careless what other like about how I type my comments.Also Im lke you I dont care to much for people who think their better than anyone cause their not.Thats the whole thing with the school,they think their better and treat your kids and you like your trash.Well their not there to judge and they need to do their jobs and treat the children right as well as the parents.Again thank you and Im sure their judge his but I dont care what they think.Im so glad Im not like them walking around with their nose so high and judging people.Life to short be happy and forget what others think be yourself.
hmmmm ...sounds like you are judging people. Must really suck to be stupid.
Mom of ADD child

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

meeee wrote:
my son has o.d.d. and i cant get the doctors to help him ....i have ask for something to calm him down while in school ...not make him a zombie ...but something to help him focus...and they wont do it ...my sone is in 1st grade and is all boy....he plays rough ...and is loud at times...sometimes he will just scream out for no reason and laugh...i have informed his teacher and the office and they acted like they were going to work with me...but still i get notes sent home about him being in the office over things...i dont expect him to not be punished if he does something...thats not it ...but he plays rough and they put on his records that he is fighting...in the first grade...and he even told them he was just playing...i was upset about that...i have talked and talked to my sone about keeping his hands to himself when he plays ...but with his disorder his energy takes over...i have even grounded him for his actions...which isnt fair to him b/c he really cant help it ...all i know is if they dont back off and understand alittle more momma bear is gonna roar really loud
Did you mean ADD? If not, what is ODD? My oldest has ADD and was not diagnosed until he was a teenager because his grades were so good, teachers kept telling us it was chosen behavior. I do not blame the teachers, it is not their job to get medical help for my child. The testing is not complicated. If he is diagnosed and you want him medicated you cannot be refused as his caregiver. If he is not diagnosed the problem is probably behavioral and therapy, not medication is called for. Being that he cannot control his vocal responses I tend to think he may have a form of autism. You are his best and probably only advocate. Follow up with mental health experts. A neurologist is needed if it is ADD. Good luck to you but understand, even if it is not his fault, your child is a disruptive force in the class room and that has to be dealt with. Do not be offended, use that energy to help your child.
Truth

Thomson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Judged:

I do know Mrs Barringer gives preferential treatment to children of doctors. Several years ago my daughter was put in a class & I knew the teacher would be missing a large part of the year due to maternity leave. I was discussing who my daughter got with a doctor's wife ( her child got the same teacher) & the maternity leave. She was very upset because she was afraid her child would not "benefit" from a substitute. After hearing her child was switched to a different teacher, I made an appointment with Mrs Barringer & asked for the same thing. I did this because I knew what would happen & wanted to make a point. She sat there mealy mouthed around awhile giving excuses but after seeing I wasn't buying it starting giving me the authoritative attitude. I looked at her dead in the eye & said "Ma'am , I'm not stupid. I know the deal & what is going on..We have already had school officials in this town removed from their positions for favoring doctor's kids & I am prepared to take this to news outlets" My daughter was switched immediately.. The point of my story is stand up for your children and do not back down. Gather proof & take your concerns to the media if the school board will not listen to you.
meeee

Tappahannock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Mom of ADD child wrote:
<quoted text> Did you mean ADD? If not, what is ODD? My oldest has ADD and was not diagnosed until he was a teenager because his grades were so good, teachers kept telling us it was chosen behavior. I do not blame the teachers, it is not their job to get medical help for my child. The testing is not complicated. If he is diagnosed and you want him medicated you cannot be refused as his caregiver. If he is not diagnosed the problem is probably behavioral and therapy, not medication is called for. Being that he cannot control his vocal responses I tend to think he may have a form of autism. You are his best and probably only advocate. Follow up with mental health experts. A neurologist is needed if it is ADD. Good luck to you but understand, even if it is not his fault, your child is a disruptive force in the class room and that has to be dealt with. Do not be offended, use that energy to help your child.
oppositional defiant disorder is o.d.d.....it is mirror image to adhd....and no he doesnt have autism....i have had numbers of test ran on him...and even had him to a shrink...they tell me with patients and time he will grow out of it....my sons grades and things are fine...he is just super hyper and really rough when he plays ...he is all boy...he knows to say thank you and can sit for hours and play a video game....its just when he is around other kids his attention isnt where it needs to be...and i know he is disrupting the class...thats why i want some help with his hyperness....and with our insurance ...it only pays with a referal and after the second one they wont refere him to anyone else b/c the last shrink he seen said he was just immature and would grow up....but give him the o.d.d title for an excuse i guess...they ran an i.q. test on him and he is average so he didnt qualify for special needs classes ....and b4 anyone says anything about the video game...its only after chores are finished along with homework and if its nasty outside and they cant go out to play...i limit what they watch and the music they listen too...i have to approve all of it ...so dont blame me for that...i have very strict rules in my home about things like that ...
Former Teacher

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Idea wrote:
Why can't parents be involved in the evaluation process of principals & teachers? If they are held accountable they will be more apt to behave professionally. The school board should send surveys to parents allowing them to evaluate their child's experience & allow them to give an honest assessment of their school/teachers/administrators . Unless they don't want parental opinions?
There is actually an online survey right now on the county webpage where you can do this exact thing. It is on the front page of the website. There are surveys for parents, teachers, staff, & even surveys for students. Just click on the correct one you need and it only takes a few minutes. If I remember correctly, there is a place for comments as well. All the schools also have paper copies.
Pupils or Parents

Raven, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

guy wrote:
Reading this is hilarious. How does it feel to know, deep down inside, that you missed your chance and turned out truly ignorant ? A few of you on here that are truly intelligent will understand this, even if they are appalled at the question. I suppose if you are dumb enough then you may not really get the question or understand that you are its focus...but for those who are just barely smart enough, please tell me, how does it feel to have turned out stupid and not be able to correct it. My morbid curious side is quivering with anticipation...this is the kind of thing you don't talk about at parties or to your friends, but on here you can let it loose. So, let's have it !! How does it feel to have lost at LIFE ?
I thought this thread was about students not being treated properly by teachers??
Googled it

Raven, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
I must confess,I googled the information!Forgot the Nazi bigwig's first name,and completely forgot the lady's name!Computers can allow some of us..to be like the Wizard of Oz,if we know how to use them!Ha,aha,ha.
RHS Parent

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

I am right there with you on our school system. Mrs. Webb never returns a stinking phone call and when I call the school board, what happens they call Mrs. Webb, who then returns our call and what does she say.....I will get back to you.......yeah RIGHT!!! BTW where in the heck are year books for 2010-2011 school year??? They should have been delivered this past Fall....no one has seen them...and you can't get anyone to answer the quesiton about where the heck they are.
get involved

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Judged:

I know wrote:
<quoted text>I know whats going on and no we shouldnt have to go hold the school workers hands to make sure our kids are treated right.I seen alot of mistreatment around there so I know what Im talking unlike you.
No, you know nothing. I didn't say go and hold someone's hand. I said get involved. Get a job and start making a difference, or are you one who can't handle a classroom full of children? The way you go off on here the children don't need you anywhere near them!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of161
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Richlands Forum right now

Search the Richlands Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
do men like plus sized women? (Mar '12) 1 hr dan hallen 342
Chloe Elise Deel 1 hr Family 8
Dennis Taylor 2 hr Wondering 1
sexy lady walking 4 hr OMG 10
Loretta White (Aug '09) 8 hr it is I 2
Who will be the write-in council member in Ceda... 11 hr sweet dreans 130
yes you will 11 hr beautiful 41
•••
•••