First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Food Pantry

New Hope, VA

#1 Feb 3, 2010
Does anyone know the name of the person who is over the food pantry in Richlands??
want2know

Richlands, VA

#2 Feb 3, 2010
everyone calls him moon...
fyi

North Tazewell, VA

#3 Feb 3, 2010
his last name is mullins.
just adding

Lebanon, VA

#4 Feb 3, 2010
moon mullins,is what i've heard him called
dottie

United States

#5 Feb 4, 2010
may i ask why they are supposed to be for the needy so far seems to be for themselves,they have a very ugly attitude toward the people in need people do not need to be pushed on down when their backs are to the wall christian based? my god does not approve of their slures to poor people or the people doing community service at their location we are created equal!!!i would not want to be in their shoes on judgement day they need to do alot of soul searching this is why our churches are not filled, people like this with their be littling ways will stand before god and have to give account of the way they treat people
Stranger

Richlands, VA

#6 Feb 5, 2010
dottie wrote:
may i ask why they are supposed to be for the needy so far seems to be for themselves,they have a very ugly attitude toward the people in need people do not need to be pushed on down when their backs are to the wall christian based? my god does not approve of their slures to poor people or the people doing community service at their location we are created equal!!!i would not want to be in their shoes on judgement day they need to do alot of soul searching this is why our churches are not filled, people like this with their be littling ways will stand before god and have to give account of the way they treat people
What happened there that has you so upset? What kind of slurs?
magpie

Cedar Bluff, VA

#7 Feb 5, 2010
they dont give their junk out to help ppl they give it for the write offs . the churches that give to the ministerial association does it for the tax write offs who would put evelyn delong over helping ppl when she is nothing but a bitch to everyone?? the stuff thats given at the food panty 98% of the time isnt edible..especially for kids. I dont go there but ive seen stuff they give out and ive thrown out better stuff! the thrift store is a big joke and if u go to the food pantry try to find a reason to see someone in the last part of the building .they had walls of paper towels,toilet paper etc that is never given out. that part of the pantry must be for moons friends and family. I also agree they look down on ppl and at the same time they put a smile on and try to act compassionate.
me too

New Hope, VA

#8 Feb 5, 2010
i agree with you i think they keep the good stuff for themselves and give the trashy stuff out to the public i know someone who was in the thrift store and a bunch of stuff came in and this person asked about something that had just came in and was told that moon got the first pick of anything
hhh

Brentwood, TN

#9 Feb 5, 2010
well it is plane to see that you have not volunteered your time over there. it is a top notch program and Moon and the others work hard. sounds like sour grapes because you did not get your handout given to you. You should be thankful for anything you get for nothing instead of complaining. if you want better get out and get a job and work like the rest of us.
hhh

Brentwood, TN

#10 Feb 5, 2010
churches are not taxed so your statement is not true
magpie wrote:
they dont give their junk out to help ppl they give it for the write offs . the churches that give to the ministerial association does it for the tax write offs who would put evelyn delong over helping ppl when she is nothing but a bitch to everyone?? the stuff thats given at the food panty 98% of the time isnt edible..especially for kids. I dont go there but ive seen stuff they give out and ive thrown out better stuff! the thrift store is a big joke and if u go to the food pantry try to find a reason to see someone in the last part of the building .they had walls of paper towels,toilet paper etc that is never given out. that part of the pantry must be for moons friends and family. I also agree they look down on ppl and at the same time they put a smile on and try to act compassionate.
seriously

Richlands, VA

#11 Feb 5, 2010
me too wrote:
i agree with you i think they keep the good stuff for themselves and give the trashy stuff out to the public i know someone who was in the thrift store and a bunch of stuff came in and this person asked about something that had just came in and was told that moon got the first pick of anything
The first time I took clothing items there for donation, I began to unload my vehicle and set the things down outside,(where that shopping cart is and the containers are) so that people could look through the items if they wanted. The tall blondish haired lady saw me, and yelled No I couldn't do that. She said everything that gets brought there HAS to go to the inside first, before it is put outside. I complied that time. But, from then til now, every time I know I'm going to be in that area on the pantry days (Tue & Fri) and have items for donation, I bag up one or two FC sized bags,leave the tops untied and walk up to that shopping cart and dump the items in and walk away.
No idea why she "demanded" they be brought to the inside first. If they are meant for the people why not let the people see them. If she had concerns about the cleanliness of the items all she had to do was inspect the bags as I was getting them out..Every single item I donate is freshly washed with Gain and dryer dried with fabric sheet for fluffiness.
seriously

Richlands, VA

#12 Feb 5, 2010
hhh wrote:
well it is plane to see that you have not volunteered your time over there. it is a top notch program and Moon and the others work hard. sounds like sour grapes because you did not get your handout given to you. You should be thankful for anything you get for nothing instead of complaining. if you want better get out and get a job and work like the rest of us.
Now how do you know that that person doesn't have a job? What makes you so sure the person doesn't work "like the rest of us"?
Many are living below the poverty level, struggling to survive and they DO WORK, sometimes more than one job.
hhh

Brentwood, TN

#13 Feb 5, 2010
some do you are correct but many or just too lazy to get a job and expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter.
oh no you didnt

Richlands, VA

#14 Feb 5, 2010
I go in there from time to time just to sooth the wild beast inside of me (that craves yard sales, thrift store, antique shops) I've listened to the ladies in the back.

"Oh, will this look good on me?"

"This is expensive stuff. Put this in my pile."

You can deny it. I've seen it myself. They also play favors to people they like.

I seen a woman ask how much for a set of braided rugs...$10 for her and she sat it back down. Another lady asked after several minutes of talking to the woman..it was sold to her for $3...
want2know

Richlands, VA

#15 Feb 5, 2010
I have also been to the thrift store part several times and I have donated over there several times and EVERYTIME I have donated they have went through the stuff while I was in there looking around and kept some of it for themselves.

In fact just this past month at the beginning of January I was in there and someone had brought some stuff in and I wanted to look through the box that was brought in and they said just a minute and they stood there and went through it and kept over half of it for themselves.

I think the way it should work is it should be put out and priced and everyone should be able to pay the same price as the next person.
If they want some of the stuff they should wait till their day off or the end of the day and they should have to pay for the items just like everyone else.
me too

New Hope, VA

#16 Feb 7, 2010
the whole place over there needs some over sight ive never gotten any thing there for my self but have taken my mom there ask any one about the place and they will tell you that theres some wrong doing there ive seen it fifst hand they give the good stuff to friends
Forty Something Female

Port Republic, VA

#17 Feb 7, 2010
My mother passed away couple of years ago and we were getting her house ready to sale so we bagged up several bags of my mothers things and took them over there. My mother always dressed nice and took very good care of her stuff. The next day, my sister drove by and saw bags in the dumpster that looked like what came from my mothers so she stopped and got out to investigate...they were my mothers clothes. Still bagged.. she couldnt stand to see my mom's things in the dumpster so she fished them out and brung them back to her house. How could they do that... because when you go in there to shop there is never any good stuff on the shelves.
sue

Natural Bridge, VA

#18 Feb 7, 2010
I have never went in there for a handout but have been in there to look around from time to time i purchase items for people i run across that are in need,they seem to be like drill sargents in there if you are gonna help the needy then help them for gods sake,i had a lady tell me she took her grandaughter there because she did not have a coat and did not have the money to buy one they told her they did not give away free stuff she would have to register she told them she was already registered so finally the lady told her to see if she could find a coat, the girl found a nice leather one brought it to the counter and the lady said you cannot have this one its name brand and its leather the grand mother left with the granddaughter crying
honestly

Richlands, VA

#19 Feb 8, 2010
sue wrote:
I have never went in there for a handout but have been in there to look around from time to time i purchase items for people i run across that are in need,they seem to be like drill sargents in there if you are gonna help the needy then help them for gods sake,i had a lady tell me she took her grandaughter there because she did not have a coat and did not have the money to buy one they told her they did not give away free stuff she would have to register she told them she was already registered so finally the lady told her to see if she could find a coat, the girl found a nice leather one brought it to the counter and the lady said you cannot have this one its name brand and its leather the grand mother left with the granddaughter crying
That was so very wrong. I could only imagine how that girl must have felt. Bless her heart.
honestly

Richlands, VA

#20 Feb 8, 2010
hhh wrote:
some do you are correct but many or just too lazy to get a job and expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter.

The complaint isn't about people "expecting everything to be handed to them on a silver platter". It's about mis-appropriation of donations. When people gather up bag-fulls and box-loads of donation items.....I'm pretty sure they don't take those to the pantry and tell the volunteers "Here ya go these things are for you. Pick out all that you want FIRST, then if there's anything left toss it out the door to the poor".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jim & Michelle Love 5 hr My car 5
Food Lion Parking Lot (Jun '10) 11 hr Walmart 10
Inflatable sex dolls at Walmart! 11 hr Walmart 1
She couldn't make up her mind 12 hr alsojussayin 5
Cute Girl At Taco Bell (Mar '14) 20 hr Eeewww 7
where is jasmine bell (Apr '14) 20 hr I know 2
Jamie Stacy Wed Rat 2

Richlands Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance