College is in trouble

Roanoke, VA

#41 Feb 16, 2013
Yes the college has issues!

http://www.sacscoc.org/details.asp...

What is the accreditation status of Southwest Virginia Community College? Southwest Virginia
Community College is accredited by SACS Commission on Colleges; however, the institution was placed on
Warning for six months following review of a Referral Report from the submission of the institution’s Fifth-Year Interim Report in December 2011. The Commission’s accreditation includes all components of the institution—all programs, branch campuses, off-campus sites, and distance learning programs as reported to the Commission; thus, the Warning status applies to the entire institution.

First time in the history of the college.
no surprise

Harrisonburg, VA

#42 Feb 16, 2013
College is in trouble wrote:
Yes the college has issues!
http://www.sacscoc.org/details.asp...
What is the accreditation status of Southwest Virginia Community College? Southwest Virginia
Community College is accredited by SACS Commission on Colleges; however, the institution was placed on
Warning for six months following review of a Referral Report from the submission of the institution’s Fifth-Year Interim Report in December 2011. The Commission’s accreditation includes all components of the institution—all programs, branch campuses, off-campus sites, and distance learning programs as reported to the Commission; thus, the Warning status applies to the entire institution.
First time in the history of the college.
This is no surprise to anyone in any of the counties the college represents. There is so much that happens and goes on up there it would blow everyone mind.
maybe

Richlands, VA

#43 Feb 17, 2013
no surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
This is no surprise to anyone in any of the counties the college represents. There is so much that happens and goes on up there it would blow everyone mind.
Maybe this needs to become one of the issues in next years local elections. If the college loses acreditation what is the consequences?
truth

Richlands, VA

#44 Feb 17, 2013
maybe wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe this needs to become one of the issues in next years local elections. If the college loses acreditation what is the consequences?
The consequences are horrible. The entire area is without a place with in reason they can drive to. This part of the state has had an institution to go to for over 30 some years thanks to Dr. Charles King. It is ashame that the chancellor has allowed it to come to this. We have allowed Richmond and Dr. Estepp to bring our wonderful college to this. Just so you know, they all make fun of this part of the state in their meetings. They do not want this part of the state to flourish because its bad for them and business. This Mark Estepp was sent here for one purpose. To ruin our college. Dr. King was forced out. Do some research. This guy was the trash that was sent. He and his wife are from Kentucky. They do NOT care about our area or us. He came here only to destroy us. Look at the past six years, look at the experts he got rid of, look who is running the place and their credentials, look at the SACS, look at the debt versus before he came, ask the professors, ask the students, and ask the community. There are several things about the college that will be presented, ask yourself the facts. This is our college. NOT HIS. Its time to take it back. Would you love to see a healthy college again? Would you like to see students again? Would you like to see faculty and staff where it should be? Would you llike to see it cleaner? Would you like to see the parking lots be full again? Would you like to save thousands on your child's education? Would you like to see your child play the sport they love in college and locally? THEN GET RID OF MARK ESTEPP.
the community

Richlands, VA

#45 Feb 18, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The consequences are horrible. The entire area is without a place with in reason they can drive to. This part of the state has had an institution to go to for over 30 some years thanks to Dr. Charles King. It is ashame that the chancellor has allowed it to come to this. We have allowed Richmond and Dr. Estepp to bring our wonderful college to this. Just so you know, they all make fun of this part of the state in their meetings. They do not want this part of the state to flourish because its bad for them and business. This Mark Estepp was sent here for one purpose. To ruin our college. Dr. King was forced out. Do some research. This guy was the trash that was sent. He and his wife are from Kentucky. They do NOT care about our area or us. He came here only to destroy us. Look at the past six years, look at the experts he got rid of, look who is running the place and their credentials, look at the SACS, look at the debt versus before he came, ask the professors, ask the students, and ask the community. There are several things about the college that will be presented, ask yourself the facts. This is our college. NOT HIS. Its time to take it back. Would you love to see a healthy college again? Would you like to see students again? Would you like to see faculty and staff where it should be? Would you llike to see it cleaner? Would you like to see the parking lots be full again? Would you like to save thousands on your child's education? Would you like to see your child play the sport they love in college and locally? THEN GET RID OF MARK ESTEPP.
And he has his eyes on the endowment. He and his cronies think that the endowment is their way out of this. And they could build the clocktower.
well

Richlands, VA

#46 Feb 18, 2013
well i was told dr estepp inherited all these problems from dr king
wake up call

Richlands, VA

#47 Feb 18, 2013
well wrote:
well wrote:
When Dr. King left we had a college ranked 5 out of 23. Enrollment at an all time high. Plenty of faculty and staff. And all parking lots were packed. Since Dr Estepp arrived and started implementing his half ass plan, take all that away. Any questions? He can credit himself with a damn sign at the bottom of the hill that does nothing for our college. Who ever told you this must be another pet of his, if your not one. Either way, you people can keep your head buried in your ass. And than our day when u have no job and no communique college, your gonna ask what in the world happened? And it will be because uneducated gullible people believe Dr Estepp and allowed his dictatorship to continue.
bullworth

Richlands, VA

#48 Feb 18, 2013
well wrote:
Nothing worse than a lie coming from a peepsqeek that has their face buried so far up the Prez's a** that all you can see is their ears. Get back to grading papers a** kisser. Oh. I forgot. Get back to grading online a** kisser. And quit worrying about your hero and the clocktower.
ur a dicsukker

Richlands, VA

#49 Feb 18, 2013
well wrote:
who's d**k were you sucking when you heard that? i think we know the answer to that
whats the big deal

Winston Salem, NC

#50 Feb 19, 2013
Agree wrote:
How stupid. The college was SVCC for nearly 40 years and Estepp comes along and now Southwest Virginia Community College becomes "SWCC". So now Southwest is two words and Virginia is gone forever. Was told it was because some other community college out on the coast has the same letters. So, tell them to change or change to name of SVCC to Charles King Community College, after all he made the place is it is or should I say was. CKCC sure seems better than SWCC.
It was changed to SwVCC at the decision of the VCCS in the early 2000's due to a conflict with Southern Virginia Community College - while King was there. Then eventually changed to SWCC. Everything is spelled out the same, it's just a set of initials. I noticed and asked while taking some classes a few years back.
As for everyone else on this forum, I'm certain you all know the budget set forth from the VCCS as well as know every move Estepp makes (sarcasm) because you all are established higher education administrators. Enrollment in all the area high schools are dropping - therefore it only makes sense that SWCC's enrollment will drop, right? So many of you are so critical probably because you didn't get your FAFSA turned in on time. If you don't like it then look to go somewhere else!!! Higher education is what you make of it no matter where you go and I have yet to see proof of loss of accreditation.
wake up call

United States

#51 Feb 19, 2013
whats the big deal wrote:
<quoted text>
It was changed to SwVCC at the decision of the VCCS in the early 2000's due to a conflict with Southern Virginia Community College - while King was there. Then eventually changed to SWCC. Everything is spelled out the same, it's just a set of initials. I noticed and asked while taking some classes a few years back.
As for everyone else on this forum, I'm certain you all know the budget set forth from the VCCS as well as know every move Estepp makes (sarcasm) because you all are established higher education administrators. Enrollment in all the area high schools are dropping - therefore it only makes sense that SWCC's enrollment will drop, right? So many of you are so critical probably because you didn't get your FAFSA turned in on time. If you don't like it then look to go somewhere else!!! Higher education is what you make of it no matter where you go and I have yet to see proof of loss of accreditation.
Well its easy to see your in denial and with an attitude like that its no wonder the damn place is going under. Check the damn SACS website. We are one of 2 that has a warning and 1 is on probation. You may need to pull your head out of Mark Estepp's ass and take a breath of fresh air. You may be drinking the kool aid but the majority is not. Again you "lapdogs" need to wake up.
ur a dicsukker

Richlands, VA

#52 Feb 19, 2013
whats the big deal wrote:
<quoted text>
the big deal is you need to wipe the Estepp out of your mouth before you go out into public it is a dead giveaway
head pulling

Richlands, VA

#53 Feb 19, 2013
wake up call wrote:
<quoted text>
Well its easy to see your in denial and with an attitude like that its no wonder the damn place is going under. Check the damn SACS website. We are one of 2 that has a warning and 1 is on probation. You may need to pull your head out of Mark Estepp's ass and take a breath of fresh air. You may be drinking the kool aid but the majority is not. Again you "lapdogs" need to wake up.
when everthing settles down you will find that dr. king started the college and dr. estepp saved it.
Too damn funny

Roanoke, VA

#54 Feb 19, 2013
head pulling wrote:
<quoted text> when everthing settles down you will find that dr. king started the college and dr. estepp saved it.
I can't believe there are people in this area stupid enough to type something like that. I honestly didn't believe the stories about Obama and his sheep until I read that remark. YOU made me a believer. Keep following Dr Estepp and you will be one step behind him when he falls off the cliff but the real said part is the rest of the college will be going with him.
for real

Richlands, VA

#55 Feb 19, 2013
head pulling wrote:
<quoted text> when everthing settles down you will find that dr. king started the college and dr. estepp saved it.
Yea. You and the rest of the prima donnas think you are on the Queen Mary when in reality you are on the Titanic. It must be hard walking around with your face shaped like Dr. Esteep's rear like you do. People notice that kind of thing. The waves are starting to hit the beach. Tsunami isn't far off.
haha

United States

#56 Feb 20, 2013
Lets not hate on him to much. At least we know the temperature date time and name of our community college thanks to his sign. At least the one and only thing he has done good is somewhat helpful. Its not like we need students faculty and staff to have a college lol
come on people

United States

#57 Feb 20, 2013
If you give the guy a handy j and show sum chest you can have whatever you want. Ask the new dean lol. So suck it up and get to work
complain

United States

#58 Feb 22, 2013
Complain to your representatives if you don't like the what is going on. Call the chancelors office everyday until they address the issues and you get the results we need. We don't have to settle for this. Demand change.
why

Richlands, VA

#59 Feb 23, 2013
If you do complain will they attempt to do anything?
info

Richlands, VA

#60 Feb 23, 2013
why wrote:
If you do complain will they attempt to do anything?
They already know. Until people make it an issue it won't be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Levi Goins (May '13) 8 hr fkoffhaters 11
Danny Brown 8 hr Curious 22
Michael Lester 10 hr Just Wondering 1
Cops and EMTs in front of Clinch Valley 10 hr curious 11
Wondering 10 hr concern 1
Green F250 diesel extended cab 11 hr Curious 3
CONVICTED FELONS wanting a second chance 11 hr an open mind 50
More from around the web

Richlands People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE