Coal mining jobs
Job hunter

Gastonia, NC

#1 Mar 4, 2012
Does anyone know of any coal mines hiring? Have my underground, surface and advanced first aid certifications....Have no experience, just looking for job to where I can move back to area where I grew up. Have put applications at Jewell,Wellmore,Consol, and Knox Creek
Cynthia McKinney

Dallas, TX

#2 Mar 4, 2012
Job hunter wrote:
Does anyone know of any coal mines hiring? Have my underground, surface and advanced first aid certifications....Have no experience, just looking for job to where I can move back to area where I grew up. Have put applications at Jewell,Wellmore,Consol, and Knox Creek
this is a dead end job. American's are moving away from coal as an energy source and not to mention the environmental issues. Get another profession.
bnbl

Richlands, VA

#3 Mar 4, 2012
Job hunter wrote:
dont listen to the retard above. I know Jewel wont be hiring red hats til Summer
underground miner

Grundy, VA

#4 Mar 5, 2012
Cynthia McKinney wrote:
<quoted text>this is a dead end job. American's are moving away from coal as an energy source and not to mention the environmental issues. Get another profession.
whatever tree hugger. Its the number 1 source of energy in the WORLD. its not going anywhere in the forseeable future. for your lights and your heat and your a/c-youre welcome. Without coal our nations shitty economy will become far worse. But youre still worried about the environment and what coal does to it. Underground mining is regulated by the Department of Mines Minerals and Energy(state and federal). Every company big or small has very strict regulations on their everyday practices as far as disposal of waste,ventilation control and safety. Dont be so quick to judge us for what we do. We take an extreme risk everyday to support our families and we are well paid for it. And before you call us a bunch of back strong brain dead rednecks,dont. There are men in these mines with Civil Engineering Degrees,Mechanical Engineering Degrees,Environmental Degrees,Geology Degrees and so on. So dont judge something you only know a little bit about.
And to the guy looking for a job-it goes in cycles as far as inexperienced miners go. Redhat programs for the major companies happen only 1-3 times a year. it takes time and dedication to get on with them. Alot of guys start out with smaller mines or get in at a larger mine through contract companies that are hired in to work for the company. Good Luck to you.
LadyRedHat

United States

#5 Mar 7, 2012
Job hunter wrote:
If you know of any mines hiring red hats for surface let me know. I do know that cleveland cliffs just out side of welch is hiring underground emt miners. It's posted online :)
FarmgirlAmy

Farmington, MO

#6 May 21, 2012
I am an emt and my teacher told me about some mines wanting hire some he was just unsure about it. Does anyone know who I might talk to or get ahold of?
Small Town

United States

#7 May 21, 2012
Try Bates Contracting. They service southwest Virginia and eastern KY. You would not have any benefits and get paid a little less, but it is a start.
shorthand

Richlands, VA

#8 May 24, 2012
Why not apply for the job? Hand job blow job or dip job!! They say the mines are hiring girls for that job. I hear its not just the mines but gas co to. Go get you an application and make dat money like women are good at. On they backs or their knees. Easy money to.
you need help

Tazewell, VA

#9 May 24, 2012
shorthand wrote:
Why not apply for the job? Hand job blow job or dip job!! They say the mines are hiring girls for that job. I hear its not just the mines but gas co to. Go get you an application and make dat money like women are good at. On they backs or their knees. Easy money to.
so sorry to hear that you were raised by a MOTHER like that
Rights

Richlands, VA

#10 May 24, 2012
shorthand wrote:
can i say STUPID!!
adfadf

Abingdon, VA

#11 May 29, 2012
adfadsfddd
invisible

Richlands, VA

#12 May 29, 2012
Cynthia McKinney wrote:
<quoted text>this is a dead end job. American's are moving away from coal as an energy source and not to mention the environmental issues. Get another profession.
First of all coal mining and coal is more safer than Nuke plants which release radioactivity in the air every day and are killing people and are a time bomb ready to go off.Science and their scientific theory are lies and deceit by the EPA to control everything we do.The environment takes care of itself.Global warming and all that crap that science puts out is all a hoax, fake and deceit.God controls the world and the universe no one else and the simplest things dumfound science and scientist because science is a device of satan to get people to believe lies.
invisible

Richlands, VA

#13 May 29, 2012
Job hunter wrote:
I say just keep trying and you will find one and keep checking the bluefield paper including the one online.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coaching staff 8 hr Saying 2
SWCC-- Ripoff College with some bad teachers Sat Wondering 4
Is Betty Street still a cheater? Fri Shaft94 8
Who drives a Dodge truck with BIGGIN on the tags? Fri Shaft94 10
Cedar Bluff Town Manager Dec 15 Mary 290
Can someone suguest a hairdresser that DOES NOT... Dec 14 Oh ok 7
Jacob Keene Dec 14 Ned 4

Richlands Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance