good samaritan food pantry

Posted in the Richlands Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
just saying

Pounding Mill, VA

#2 Jan 26, 2013
You honestly didn't know? After it's picked through by those in charge, the best of the rest goes into the pantry yard-sale and the yard-sale rejects are what is made available for the poor needy folks, dear.
Salaried

Raven, VA

#3 Jan 26, 2013
Don't think they get a salary there(?),so if they can take things they,their family can use,maybe that's fair.What kind of qualifications would be needed to volunteer at a place like food pantries??? Yes,I agree,don't be downright greedy,and give people food that could make them sick!Give people credit where credit is due,I try to practice.They are working there...
disapointed

Richlands, VA

#4 Jan 26, 2013
oh honey they get paid!! the things and food at the pantry are DONATED so where does all the MONEY that.32 churches give PLUS all the money donations from area businesses PLUS the money from the grants go??? it surely doesnt go to help people OUTSIDE the pantry so it goes into Someones pocket.....so im sure they get paid and get paid well to "volunteer" I wish THE VOICE would check out these people...maybe it would change how they "help" people
what

Baltimore, MD

#5 Jan 26, 2013
if you was not satisfied with what she got maybe you should do the christian thing and help her your self and quit complaining,they dont have to have food pantry you know
just saying

Pounding Mill, VA

#6 Jan 26, 2013
what wrote:
if you was not satisfied with what she got maybe you should do the christian thing and help her your self and quit complaining,they dont have to have food pantry you know
Would you have been happy with those items as described? Would you use those towels? lie down on those sheets? prepare and eat that roast?
disapointed

Richlands, VA

#7 Jan 26, 2013
if i could have i most certainly would have BUT In case you arent aware this is what the food pantry is SUPPOSED to be for...you evidently.are one.of the several people who "volunteer" at the pantry!!...and yes if it meant i used the things they gave her or used nothing...yes i would have used them but just because you donate something dont donate trash then expect a.pat on the back ...
Went

Richlands, VA

#8 Jan 26, 2013
Once I was having it rough, and I signed up to go to the food pantry, and wow I mean I didn't expect much, a few things to be able to help me fix a decent meal or two. Canned foods, whatever I don't mind they were bent, but was surprised when they gave me diapers with dead bugs laying in them, and thawed out meat with a date almost a year old. And just a grocery bag full of noodles. Everything I got was out dated by at least 3 months or more. Don't get me wrong I was happy to get the canned food. But was very disappointed with the other stuff they gave me. I didn't expect a 5 star grocery list of things, but come on how do ppl eat this stuff?
Flash Cadillac

Saint Albans, WV

#9 Jan 26, 2013
That place is disgusting. As for moon I have known him For 45 years and he is out for himself and all those dopeheads doing community seer ice there is another thing selling there dope while being there and the people there pickin out the good stuff for themselves needs to be run by someone honest
milli

North Tazewell, VA

#10 Jan 26, 2013
Flash Cadillac wrote:
That place is disgusting. As for moon I have known him For 45 years and he is out for himself and all those dopeheads doing community seer ice there is another thing selling there dope while being there and the people there pickin out the good stuff for themselves needs to be run by someone honest

you are so right they are a joke. they feed volunteers every day a hugh meal with all the good food they get in they do get grants and moon does get paid some people there are paid and volunteers are not.they do give the worst food out to the people and keep best for them to cook for their lunch.there is a volunteer that picks all name brand clothes and lets a woman at flea market have them is this right no
just me

Richlands, VA

#11 Jan 26, 2013
I too have got food there, way out of date. A lot of the meats are black and not safe to eat. As for money being paid, have no idea. I do wish they would be more careful about the food they give. I have thrown alot in the trash because it was unsafe to eat.

As for the clothes part, I have found some good clothes for my kids, but have also seen the people going through them pick out what the want first.

I do hope they will do better with the food. There are a whole lot of people in this area that really need help
OK they are on the way

Abingdon, VA

#12 Jan 27, 2013
health department is on the way. No matter if you "give" it away, got to have some type of responsibility.
disapointed

Washington, DC

#13 Jan 27, 2013
if i knew where to report it outside of the county..i sure would.anyone know the state level?
Knowforafact

Saint Albans, WV

#14 Jan 27, 2013
The county has to give you the state #. Or go to va.gov.org
Volunteered

Tazewell, VA

#15 Jan 27, 2013
I volunteered there myself and can speak from firsthand knowledge. Yes volunteers get a lunch and are asked to donate a dollar to help pay for such lunches. The people there do not go through and pick out the best for themselves, if you seen them going through stuff it is to look for stains, rips or holes. They are allowed to purchase items like the public is allowed. As far as where the money goes from the yard sale section, it goes for more food. Do you realize that they donate to over 2000 families a month? That is a lot of food. Why not go there and volunteer your help for a few days just to see how it truly is? Huge lunches makes me laugh.... The cook does what she can with what she is allowed and does an exceptional job but by no means would I say a huge meal. Some of the people volunteering bring food in for lunch too in case you were unaware. Just go volunteer first and learn for yourself instead of knowing by heresay.
just me

Richlands, VA

#16 Jan 27, 2013
Volunteered wrote:
I volunteered there myself and can speak from firsthand knowledge. Yes volunteers get a lunch and are asked to donate a dollar to help pay for such lunches. The people there do not go through and pick out the best for themselves, if you seen them going through stuff it is to look for stains, rips or holes. They are allowed to purchase items like the public is allowed. As far as where the money goes from the yard sale section, it goes for more food. Do you realize that they donate to over 2000 families a month? That is a lot of food. Why not go there and volunteer your help for a few days just to see how it truly is? Huge lunches makes me laugh.... The cook does what she can with what she is allowed and does an exceptional job but by no means would I say a huge meal. Some of the people volunteering bring food in for lunch too in case you were unaware. Just go volunteer first and learn for yourself instead of knowing by heresay.
I am not going by heresay, I have got food that should not be given away. The things that are out of date, and some way out, are not safe to eat. They should check the dates and make sure the food is safe befor giving it out. As for the other things, don't know. Just want safe food for my kids to eat
reality checker

Greenbelt, MD

#17 Jan 28, 2013
some hungry people appreciate a donation and some people don't.to whomever started this post the food pantry is a good thing and like most good things corruptible by the hands of man,you do not have to accept anything from there if its not good enough for you,but think its better than eating out of a dumpster like millions do.i agree with the earlier post why dont you volunteer there and straighten that bunch out?what didnt think so
justsaying

Penn Laird, VA

#18 Jan 28, 2013
if you think that some don't live out of the food pantry you are crazy. go over there and sit somewhere around 7:30 - 8:00 am and watch who loads up stuff and what goes on. if you have complaints call Dr. Harmon the Dentis or Farie Ownens there may be of help or repoet them to the State Police crime unit that investage white collar crime. or do as I do just take anything that I don't need to the dump and get rid of it. and they do have a women that cooks for them she drives a white cad. escladea.
curious

Pounding Mill, VA

#19 Jan 28, 2013
disapointed wrote:
i work in with a program that tries to help parents keep their children in the home and out of foster care.i have a client that after i helped her get into her own place needed household stuff for her and her 3kids .i went to moon and asked for help.well he blowed himself and the churches way up,they would NEVER let anyone be in need without helpin.AND he would even give her a big box of food!.now this lady had very little and im sure appreicated anything...but i was ashamed to take her the stuff the woman at GS put in that bag for her.i mean as much stuff as that place has and to give someone sheets that looked like poop stains all over them.the skillet was rusted and scratched up so bad it looked unuseable!.tthe 2towels had holes all in them AND THE FOOD!!!OMG! 3 can food itens and a pack of rolls that was molded and he bragged he gave her a roast...but it was thrawed out with black blood dripping all over everythng in the box and the roast was BLACK..AND WAYYYY OUT OF DATE! THE woman has enough problems without getting food poisoned so i threw it away...afraid to even give it to my dogs.Liisten..if you are gping to act like you want to help people dont give them stuff that should be trashed...we all know the people at G.S.go thur stuff and keep the best for themself but fof heaven sake give others stuff they can actually use...if iknew wheree to report crap like this I would sure report it SHAME ON ALL OF YOU PROPLE AT GOOD SAMARITAN FOOD PANTRY!!! AND SHAME ON ALL YOU CHURCHES THAT KNOW THIS IS GOING ON AND YOU KEEP PRETENDING YOU ARE HELPING PEOPLE BUT ALL ANY OF YOU ARE HELPING IS YOURSELF AND EACH OTHERS POCKETS!! IM SURE GOD IS SO ASHAMED OF YOU AND YOUR ACTIONS!...
Does this family still need things? If so please list.
Hello

Mount Lookout, WV

#20 Jan 28, 2013
My wife volunteered there she quit because of the sexual remarks made to her
disapointed

Washington, DC

#21 Jan 28, 2013
i HAVE volunteered there and I saw what they do and small lunches?? ARE U KIDDING?..but i could care less about that...but i can tell you they DONATE nothing like THEY eat .and to the one that says "its better than eating out of a dumpster" i say its just about the same !..EVERY person i have spoken to that gets food there tells the same thing...canned food so old it is soured when they open it....meat so old its frezer burnt or too old to est! this is not just a rare thing...this is constantly given out to people...you can take up for them all you want and you can say im not grateful all you want but if they are going to get all this money why dont they buy food thats eatable? i know they have over 2000 names they say they feed but before you judge...you go look in these boxes they give out! dont take my word...go look yourself!!.if 32 churches donate all this money PLUS money donations from businesses PLUS GRANTS...YOU TELL ME...WHERE DOES THIS MONEY GO??? TO BUY FOOD TO HELP YHE NEEDY???NO...THATS DONATED FRM EVERYBODY....CLOTHES TO DRESS THE NEEDY???NO THATS DONATED FURNITURE TO GIVE THE NEEDY ???NO THATS DONATED AND SOLD TO TGE NEEDY FOR REDICULOUSLY HIGH PRICES...SOOOOOOO...WHERE DOES ALL THIS MONEY GO??? RENT..ELECTRIC?? DONT THINK THAT WILL TAKE ALL THE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS THAT COMES IN THAT PLACE.....SO EARL...GO CHECK THIS OUT !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Town power bills rising 3 hr Town power 1
Amy nichole vance nickels 4 hr Misty 5
Racist Richlands Cops! 5 hr truth 155
Oxford Squares 5 hr Just saying 303
Living Faith TV & ( The Smiths , The Stanleys,... (Feb '11) 6 hr Shakeitoff 327
Poll Is Machell the best worker at Raven Mart? 9 hr Not Machell 0
anthony "petie" whited 12 hr wondering 1
More from around the web

Richlands People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE