Mark

Richlands, VA

#1 May 21, 2009
Does anyone know how a person goes about getting on suboxone, not interested in going to the methadone clinic. Called a few doctors and they said not taking new patients.
wondering

Cedar Bluff, VA

#2 May 21, 2009
Mark wrote:
Does anyone know how a person goes about getting on suboxone, not interested in going to the methadone clinic. Called a few doctors and they said not taking new patients.
clinch valley tx center{methadone clinic} gives suboxone but its more expenseive then methadone butsome insur pays on it and cumberland helps sometimes for a few months if you can show you need help now but your circumstances may improve later where you can pay yourself.they dont help if they think your circumstances will stay the same because they know you wont be able to stay on it .
Mark

Richlands, VA

#3 May 21, 2009
Thanks for the info, I heard bailey and melton will prescribe it but it must be hard to get in there. I need help asap.
helping

Raleigh, NC

#4 May 21, 2009
There is a treatment program at Bluefield. The name is Frontier Addiction. You go on Saturdays for the group meeting & see the Dr. It is kind of expensive but seems to be a good program. It is a woman doc.It is near the Harley Place.
wondering

Nashville, TN

#5 May 21, 2009
Melton is a smart a**, I would not reccomend going to him.
Been There

Parma, MI

#6 May 21, 2009
Google suboxone and it will give you a list of doctors who will write it. I searched and found a doctor in my area, but they wanted $250.00 first visit. Its very expensive, but my sister got in a clinic that gave it and shes been drug free for over 2 yrs now.
BTW, she no longer has to take suboxone, and shes still clean..thank GOD.
Jane Doe

Cedar Bluff, VA

#7 May 21, 2009
I am glad to see that you want to quit using and I hope you succeed...I was on Suboxone for a year and a half...I was fortunate to go to a doctor and get it and not the methadone clinic...I went to Dr.Melton at C-Health in Lebanon and got it...It helped me a whole lot...If you do get in with Dr.Melton which I know you did have to get on a waiting list which I was on and they told me it could take 6 months or so before I might hear from them so I went ahead and got on the list and within a month and a half I received a call...If you do get in at C-Health whatever you do make sure you are never late for an appt and make sure you do exactly what he says...The reason I state this is b/c I was 3 mins late for an appt and I was cut off cold turkey which in my opinion wasnt right and I ended up getting in at Dr.Bailey's office which he no longer has the suboxone program unless he started it back recently...If he has started it back I would highly suggest him...He is a very nice and professional man...I know if you go to the Laurels in Lebanon,VA that they have a suboxone program now...I am pretty sure they have 2 doctors that do it...I think you might have to stay between 3 to 7 days but that they put you on it and stabilize your dose then when you get out that you have to attend a meeting at Cumberland Mountain in which they start prescribing it to you...I wish you luck with it I know its a battle to quit but Suboxone is the way to go and for me Suboxone and staying away from the people that continue to use
Mark

Richlands, VA

#8 May 21, 2009
Thanks Jane Doe for the info, very helpful. I think I am going to call C-Health. Do you just tell them when you call that you are addicted to opiates and would like to get on subosone. Do you have to go daily, weekly or monthly starting out?

“A mother's love is golden”

Since: May 09

Richlands, Virginia

#10 May 21, 2009
The name of the program is Project Remote just so you know. Good luck!! I've been on it for about it a year now and have done GREAT
Jane Doe

Cedar Bluff, VA

#11 May 21, 2009
Mark wrote:
Thanks Jane Doe for the info, very helpful. I think I am going to call C-Health. Do you just tell them when you call that you are addicted to opiates and would like to get on subosone. Do you have to go daily, weekly or monthly starting out?
No problem...Yeah just call them and tell them that you are addicted to opiates and that you was wantin to get into the suboxone program and if they tell you that they are a waiting list then just tell them to put you on the list b/c it shouldnt take them that long before you would be able to start...They first stable out your dose so they probably will just prescribe you a 2 or 3 day supply and once you get stabilized...They will prescribe you a week's worth at first until you pass your first drug screen and then they move you slowly up to a month's worth as long as your drug screens and everything are clean and you are doing everything that he asks of you...I will tell you it is pretty expensive to get started...I think its around $200 to start and then you half to pay an office call everytime you go but if you got insurance then it should cover the majority of it or I should say that most insurance companies will cover it...
Same Boat

Richlands, VA

#12 May 22, 2009
Try this clinic it is Dr. Miller in Johnson city TN. it is close to Wellmont Hospital. 4232320222 they did have open appointments they are 150 first visit and prescribe 1 weeks does then you go back every week at 100 for adjustments and your next weekly dose. Also the treatment center here has one in galax and you can get in there within days then transfer to cedar bluff for your dose. I am in the same boat, it seems that they want your money but you have to hurry up and wait. Like I told them in 2 weeks I will have a new script and then will put them off yet again. this is just a crazy cycle to try to break but I am willing to break it if I can find someone to take me in before I change my mind and have more dope. The Laurals you have to go to 1 month of meetings and then they will give you suboxone, that was what I was told yesterday. that seems pointless to me because before you are dope sick you will use the whole time you are in counsling. CVTC it takes 2 or more weeks to get into there. Dr. Bailey is doing suboxone but his waiting list is now closed due to overload, Dr. Melton is a prick you might get in there but you will regret it, alot of my friends have went to him..... there is a reason he has appointments, he kicks people out fast. Here are a few numbers and I hope you find someone and if you do please post it in here so the others of us who are trying to get clean can have the help to!
Dr. Bruce Boggs: 4234770600
Dr. Fann: 8284062451
Dr. Williams: 4237642165
Dr. Fulton: 4232740100
I was told by one of the clinics that if you are on oxy or morephine or loritab then suboxone will throw you right into withdrawls try not to take anything for 12 hours or withdrawls will happen, that is scary I have doen the withdrawls and don't want to do that again!
this is how I found all the doctors:
http://www.turntohelpnow.com/physician_locato...
I know it is a long link but just put in your zip code and miles you are willing to travel and it will give you a list of about 100 doctors and clinic within 60 miles!
Really hope this helps you!
Same Boat

Richlands, VA

#13 May 22, 2009
I do have to ask this.... I was told that my best choice would be Methadone because I do take painkillers for a major back surgery I had and that the Methadone will control the pain as well and the suboxone will not. What do you do in my case? I mean if suboxone will not control the pain I live with daily do I still take the pain meds? I feel like my boat is sinking on this end. I really don't want to do the Methadone I feel liek i will trade on addiction for another but I can't live in the pain caused by my back either. Anyone have this problem too? if so could you let me have the info you know/ Thanks!
Same Boat

Richlands, VA

#14 May 22, 2009
Sorry about this but a quicker link to the site is just. www.Suboxone.com
Mark

Richlands, VA

#15 May 22, 2009
Thanks for all the help, I called a doctor in Kingsport and it is 350 for first consultation and they write you a months worth but the 350 doesn't include the suboxone. I can't believe how expensive it is, methadone is cheaper but I have already tried it and it just got me higher. Does anyone know if insurances will pay for suboxone?
Jane Doe

Cedar Bluff, VA

#16 May 22, 2009
I dont know what kind of insurance you have but I know that medicaid and a lot of insurances do cover it but you will have to check with your insurance company and ask if it is covered
Mark

Richlands, VA

#17 May 22, 2009
I have Medicaid, oh that makes a big difference if it pays just some that helps tremendously

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richlands Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
churches to help pay electric bill (Dec '14) 6 hr Yes 11
Who is up for meeting new people? :) (Aug '08) 7 hr Just me 21
Where to find a fwb (Jul '15) 7 hr Just me 2
Discreet fun (May '11) 7 hr Just me 23
horny (May '15) 8 hr Just me 3
Melissa K Davis 8 hr Bobbarker 3
Courtny Gibson 8 hr Hmmmm 3

Richlands Jobs

Personal Finance

Richlands Mortgages