Jehovah's Witnesses convention won't return to Tri-Cities in 2014

Aug 1, 2013 Full story: Tri-cityherald.com 51

Israel Vargas applies touchup paint on the set Thursday of the 2013 annual District Conventions of JehovahÕs Witnesses at the Toyota Center in Kennewick.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#1 Aug 2, 2013
"But they won't be coming in 2014.

What they told me is the decision has been made nationally to downsize the number of conventions from 400 to 100. They're simply consolidating," said Kris Watkins, president and CEO of the Tri-Cities Visitor & Convention Bureau in Kennewick."

Revelation 18:4-7
“Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues. For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. Render to her even as she herself rendered, and do to her twice as much, yes, twice the number of the things she did; in the cup in which she put a mixture put twice as much of the mixture for her. To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For in her heart she keeps saying,‘I sit a queen, and I am no widow, and I shall never see mourning.’

"It's one of the larger groups to come to the Tri-Cities and really does affect many levels of our economy -- retail shopping, hotels, dining, sightseeing. All those activities have a major impact."

The Visitor & Convention Bureau is actively seeking alternative conventions and sporting events to fill Tri-City hotels and restaurants in 2014, Watkins said."

Revelation 18:2-3
“She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a lurking place of every unclean exhalation and a lurking place of every unclean and hated bird! For because of the wine of the anger of her fornication all the nations have fallen [victim], and the kings of the earth committed fornication with her, and the traveling merchants of the earth became rich due to the power of her shameless luxury.”

You ain't seen anything yet.
Wait until all the pending civil lawsuits are filed against Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Society for harboring pedophiles..
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#2 Aug 2, 2013
Anyone who knows anything about Jehovah's witnesses, knows that post #1 is just a slanderous bigot showing their jealousy and who their father really is, Satan the Devil who also quoted Scriptures.
John 8:44

Because they no longer share with the witnesses in their inheritance, they can only vent their hatred to anyone who would believe it, like Satan they only mislead and confuse.
Revelation 12:9

Since: Aug 09

Bedfordshire, England

#3 Aug 2, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Anyone who knows anything about Jehovah's witnesses, knows that post #1 is just a slanderous bigot showing their jealousy and who their father really is, Satan the Devil who also quoted Scriptures.
John 8:44
Because they no longer share with the witnesses in their inheritance, they can only vent their hatred to anyone who would believe it, like Satan they only mislead and confuse.
Revelation 12:9
I suggest you look at the other threads on the JW forum that show you about the continuing sex abuse scandals among JWs. It just goes on and on. My advice to any JW would be to get out of her and separate yourself from an organisation that still protects sex abusers.
Lol

United States

#5 Aug 2, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Anyone who knows anything about Jehovah's witnesses, knows that post #1 is just a slanderous bigot showing their jealousy and who their father really is, Satan the Devil who also quoted Scriptures.
John 8:44
Because they no longer share with the witnesses in their inheritance, they can only vent their hatred to anyone who would believe it, like Satan they only mislead and confuse.
Revelation 12:9
Trust me, Nobody here wants to share in the inheritance of JW's.

Have you bothered to read all the threads that show the scandals involving JW's and child abuse recently?

I suggest you think long and hard about whether YOU want a share in it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6 Aug 2, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Anyone who knows anything about Jehovah's witnesses, knows that post #1 is just a slanderous bigot showing their jealousy and who their father really is, Satan the Devil who also quoted Scriptures.
John 8:44
Because they no longer share with the witnesses in their inheritance, they can only vent their hatred to anyone who would believe it, like Satan they only mislead and confuse.
Revelation 12:9
.
. Hmm! a normal JW's response to what was written.. fact is the WTS..was a client .. And apparently used the area.. And now they are moving on.. Consolidating.. Hmm! meaning their cutting down on the number of gatherings..(Sitting Ducks).. and a district assembly will become a monstrosity.. Doesn't matter that the amount of people will overwhelm another area.. What it does is cut down on the overall expense the WTS.. puts out..
So what exactly happens to those large assembly halls that the unpaid slaves have built?? The rest of the story will show it's face soon...
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#8 Aug 2, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Anyone who knows anything about Jehovah's witnesses, knows that post #1 is just a slanderous bigot showing their jealousy and who their father really is, Satan the Devil who also quoted Scriptures.
John 8:44
Because they no longer share with the witnesses in their inheritance, they can only vent their hatred to anyone who would believe it, like Satan they only mislead and confuse.
Revelation 12:9
You ain't seen anything yet, sport.

Wait until all the pending civil lawsuits are filed against Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Society for harboring pedophiles.
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#9 Aug 2, 2013
And every child of the tri-cities area sleeps a little safer tonight.

NMB

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#11 Aug 2, 2013
A general reply to all,

International Conventions next year results in fewer convention sites being used.

Tao itness

United States

#13 Aug 2, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Anyone who knows anything about Jehovah's witnesses, knows that post #1 is just a slanderous bigot showing their jealousy and who their father really is, Satan the Devil who also quoted Scriptures.
John 8:44
Because they no longer share with the witnesses in their inheritance, they can only vent their hatred to anyone who would believe it, like Satan they only mislead and confuse.
Revelation 12:9
Do youREALLY Believe this? Do you really not see that 2nd Corinthians chapter 11 apt lead describes your leaders? Through deceitful works they keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. Any movie they make because they are losing money they always say it is to convenience the brothers, Or to simplify things. The fact is their growth has stagnated. Also do you not believe our brother Christ Jesus Who said that religious leaders that Keisha their own opinion as doctrine invalidate the Word of God and worship Him in vain? If Jesus said this because one of their laws cause them to dishonor their mother and father, How much more so when their own opinions have caused the break up of families the imprisonment , Rape,tortures murders of their followers, does Jesus condemn these men! As far as jealousy you have to actually believe something to be jealous of it! We do have been born of spirit have the token of everlasting life, we know what our future holds if we stay true to it. You claim to be a true Christian witness, yet do not accept the free gift that is given from God in the blood and flesh of Christ Jesus. What are you a witness of if you have not been born again? You are only a witness of a high control religion that demands a loyalty at all cost even Spreading lies about our Lord and our grand Creator. God would never bass your eternal life on following the precepts and policies of an organization that has caused so much turmoil and been proven false so many times.
The Internet is bringing down the watchtower by exposing their fault says and merely telling the truth. I pray that you will stop being in fear of a Mad made Corporation and truly know the fear of the Lord! The only reason I spend time here is I am directed by God's Spirit to do it. To bring life to those in the darkness and to release the bonds of those imprisoned by the superstition Of men.
Tao itness

United States

#14 Aug 2, 2013
Stop letting these men shut up the kingdom of heaven from before you!

Since: Jun 11

Perth, Australia

#15 Aug 3, 2013
It sounds like they are having huge conventions in 2014. This may be to celebrate 100 years since 1914. Hopefully that will wake up a few JWs.

Since: Jul 13

Derby, UK

#16 Aug 3, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Anyone who knows anything about Jehovah's witnesses, knows that post #1 is just a slanderous bigot showing their jealousy and who their father really is, Satan the Devil who also quoted Scriptures.
John 8:44
Because they no longer share with the witnesses in their inheritance, they can only vent their hatred to anyone who would believe it, like Satan they only mislead and confuse.
Revelation 12:9
We do know quite a lot about jehovah's witnesses, obviously more than you do or you wouldn't keep defending their half-truths and downright lies.

Don't think for a minute that we want to share in the inheritance of the jws, personally I'd rather have a tooth pulled without anaesthetic than worship with any of them again.

SQ
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#18 Aug 3, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Anyone who knows anything about Jehovah's witnesses, knows that post #1 is just a slanderous bigot showing their jealousy and who their father really is, Satan the Devil who also quoted Scriptures.
John 8:44
Because they no longer share with the witnesses in their inheritance, they can only vent their hatred to anyone who would believe it, like Satan they only mislead and confuse.
Revelation 12:9
Personally, I was raised in the cult from the age of six years old. It was all I knew for 45 years.

There is no way that I want to share in the inheritance of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Jehovah's Witnesses worship men and will reap the whirlwind of His wrath because of their idolatry.
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#19 Aug 3, 2013
Personally, I was raised in the cult from the age of six years old. It was all I knew for 45 years.

There is no way that I want to share in the inheritance of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Jehovah's Witnesses worship men and will reap the whirlwind of God's wrath because of their idolatry.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#20 Aug 4, 2013
In case you have forgotten Jehovah's witnesses have been preaching the end of this world for over 100 years, of course we know there are fake Christians who think being Jehovah's witness will guarantee their salvation, that is a lie of their making.

We are in the final hours of this world ruled by Satan, so there will be many fake witness Christians exposed as liars and disfellowshipped, nothing surprises the loyal and faithful servants of Jehovah God, and it is you that haven't seen anything yet, not us.

You will quake and wet your knees before Armageddon, and you will curse Jehovah God just like the apostates and Satan do today. Ezekiel 7:17

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#21 Aug 4, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
In case you have forgotten Jehovah's witnesses have been preaching the end of this world for over 100 years, of course we know there are fake Christians who think being Jehovah's witness will guarantee their salvation, that is a lie of their making.
We are in the final hours of this world ruled by Satan, so there will be many fake witness Christians exposed as liars and disfellowshipped, nothing surprises the loyal and faithful servants of Jehovah God, and it is you that haven't seen anything yet, not us.
You will quake and wet your knees before Armageddon, and you will curse Jehovah God just like the apostates and Satan do today. Ezekiel 7:17
.
. Sadly when you read the scriptures ..you'll find that those who sat as a Queen..thinking that they shall see no mourning..Much like you yourself are doing ..right now... It is those people that will quake.. And nash their teeth.. WHY?? because like the so called chosen that Christ came and read the riot act to..(The Scribes and Pharisees) They will be shown how far short of perfection they really were.. I reflect that you've had a long time of using the so called name of the creator.. Meaning..It will undoubtedly come readily to your tongue when the time comes..
Mandy Smithson

Bury, UK

#22 Aug 5, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Anyone who knows anything about Jehovah's witnesses, knows that post #1 is just a slanderous bigot showing their jealousy and who their father really is, Satan the Devil who also quoted Scriptures.
John 8:44
Because they no longer share with the witnesses in their inheritance, they can only vent their hatred to anyone who would believe it, like Satan they only mislead and confuse.
Revelation 12:9
No it's not the Jehovah's Witnesses who are slanderous bigots it's Christendom thankfully I found the Jehovah's Witnesses before it was too late after spending years being led blindly by people from the world ie born exact denomination "born again" Christians - baptist - they spent years trying to teach things that they claim cae from from the Bible and they didn't, the two biggest for me were the "trinity" and Christ being crucified on a "cross" I could never find them in them in the Bible no matter how hard I looked or how long I spent looking I still never found it I eventually realised that I was being taught something that wasn't even in the Bible by these so called Christians so I left I didn't stop studying I didn't stop praying and I and I didn't stop searching and after about six months my prayers were answered two Jehovah' Witnesses knocked on my door and I've never looked back only forward.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#23 Aug 5, 2013
sounds like they are downsizing to me...selling off.
.... kingdom halls are merging, branch offices are being sold, district conventions are merging 4 to one......the brooklyn headquaters is being sold off and the assests are being hidden in various corperate names.

and guess what....... jws go with the propaganda explanations for it all.......... hey, i'll bet even if the jw gov body and their legal team end up with criminal charges and go to jail for the silencing of the molestation victims conspiracy, jws will have a perfectly sweet explanation for it all, and it will build their faith.

i'll bet the jw gov body even print up a huge increase in membership, while they dwindle down in size.

Since: Aug 09

Bedfordshire, England

#24 Aug 5, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
In case you have forgotten Jehovah's witnesses have been preaching the end of this world for over 100 years, of course we know there are fake Christians who think being Jehovah's witness will guarantee their salvation, that is a lie of their making.
We are in the final hours of this world ruled by Satan, so there will be many fake witness Christians exposed as liars and disfellowshipped, nothing surprises the loyal and faithful servants of Jehovah God, and it is you that haven't seen anything yet, not us.
You will quake and wet your knees before Armageddon, and you will curse Jehovah God just like the apostates and Satan do today. Ezekiel 7:17
+6
No we curse the Watchtower org and it seems to be a good curse as it is working
Garner Ted Armstrong

Monticello, NY

#25 Aug 16, 2013
Romance lights up your life during the next four weeks, much to your delight. You might experience this at second hand, perhaps because a loved one is walking around with stars in their eyes or because you'll revel in watching some soppy films. Alternatively, you could get drawn into a deliciously romantic phase with a certain person, and you'll be walking on air.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) 18 hr anti obama 2 717
GEORGE GANNON and Linda M Sat NeedHelp 1
Five Disgraced Business Owners Who Learned That... Sep 7 JonW 15
New study finds global warming, melting sea ice... Sep 4 Earthling-1 5
4 Gypsy Jokers club members arrested in Kennewi... (Apr '08) Sep 1 murphy1 75
Irresponsible Physicians Oppose Nuclear Energy (Dec '13) Sep 1 litesong 268
Growing number of autistic students causing con... Aug 30 friend DUHZ it again 9
•••
•••
•••

Richland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Richland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Richland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Richland
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••