Body found along railroad tracks near...

Body found along railroad tracks near Tri-Cities

There are 43 comments on the KNDO - Yakima story from Dec 16, 2009, titled Body found along railroad tracks near Tri-Cities. In it, KNDO - Yakima reports that:

A 19-year-old man was struck and killed by a train south of the Tri-Cities near Finley.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNDO - Yakima.

CSX Engineer

Rocky Mount, NC

#22 Apr 11, 2010
Most trespassers that I've seen in my career must feel they are invincible. The sad part is you don't see people walking down the center of the interstate so why do they feel its ok to walk on railroad tracks. Suicide?? All I can say is it is suicidal behavior when you trespass on railroad property. I'm sorry for any one's loss but as it says on the front of our timetable, All accidents are preventable. By the way, I would never plug a two mile long train because I don't want to add a derailment or haz mat incident to an already bad situation. Few more years to retirement and I won't have to worry about those that care so little about their lives by walking in my space.
upconductor2002 wrote:
...good point Plug It, I DO feel for Linda, but you and I both know what it is like out there and what the public doesn't understand is that if they are on the tracks, suicide or not, WE can't STOP...all we can do is dump it and say a prayer. good to see another rail speak up here Plug It.
upconductor2002

United States

#23 Apr 12, 2010
OH NO!!! I would NEVER plug it for a trespasser, they know better, and I mean, I am human, but once you are in my line of travel...you're screwed!! I can not take responsiblity for plugging a train which MAY derail and cause damage of like you said spill hazardous materials in a populated area just because someone wanted to way the tracks!! Yeah, it's on our ETT also, we can only do what is the safest course of action...and that, sadly, has played out over and over again, on ever road. Be safe out there CSX Engineer!
squires mo

Tolar, TX

#24 Sep 30, 2011
Linda Bies wrote:
<quoted text>The human being you are speaking of is my son! He was walking home and he did NOT commit suicide! I would appreciate if morons such as yourself try to realize that losing a child in such a horrific way is devastating enough without having to read some heartless remarks such as these. We own computers too and can see this shit you are writing about our loved ones. As Tyler's mother, I am not only devastated, but EXTREMELY protective about his memory and his honor.Try to remember that the next time a 950 thousand pound train destroys someone else's baby.
51 years ago my father crossed that same track and hit the train with his car he survived but it was a miracle.i still have the picture of this wreck.i am vry sorry for your lost.this was a terrable accident. saying prayersor you an your family
RAILROAD EMPLOYEE

Davenport, WA

#25 Oct 1, 2011
STUPID KID serves him right. 19 years old and he cant read a sign? What the rules didnt apply to him?

You play with matches you get burned, you tresspass over a a railroad, you get SMEARED all across the length of Fintucky tracks like a jar of apricot preserves!
Damn punks cant follow rules and you just know this creep was a thugged out eminem wanna be kid with his pants hanging below his aZZ! "yo yo yo yo ize a wigga!" probably going to spray paint then his B1tch mom comes on here going off like hes a effing saint. "Dont you have respect for my son blah blah blah" Did your son haverespect for the rules? No now stfu and admit you were a FAILURE as a parent too!

Right now, hes ROASTING like a planters peanut in the pit of haydes. STAY OFF OUR TRACKS WIGGAS, WE"LL SQUISH YOU AND SLEEP GOOD TONIGHT!
RAILROAD EMPLOYEE

Davenport, WA

#26 Oct 1, 2011
Linda Bies wrote:
<quoted text>The human being you are speaking of is my son! He was walking home and he did NOT commit suicide! I would appreciate if morons such as yourself try to realize that losing a child in such a horrific way is devastating enough without having to read some heartless remarks such as these. We own computers too and can see this shit you are writing about our loved ones. As Tyler's mother, I am not only devastated, but EXTREMELY protective about his memory and his honor.Try to remember that the next time a 950 thousand pound train destroys someone else's baby.
..F...U...cK HIM!

My friends got docked some pay because they were held up in all the questions surrounding this dum..F..vck! then they held up traffic cleaning this twirp up with a sponge!
squires mo

Tolar, TX

#27 Oct 2, 2011
RAILROAD EMPLOYEE wrote:
<quoted text>
..F...U...cK HIM!
My friends got docked some pay because they were held up in all the questions surrounding this dum..F..vck! then they held up traffic cleaning this twirp up with a sponge!
ok i agree this kid made a huge mistake . but i bet he did not go across those tracks exspecting to be hit by a train.also i understand you cant just stop on a dime when someone or something is on the tracks.but you have to realise this family is mourning.ad it doesnt help to get on here and see how inhumane you are.if this was one of your family would you get on here and trash them.
Linda Bies

Poulsbo, WA

#28 Oct 4, 2011
Plug It.... F*** You
Linda Bies

Poulsbo, WA

#29 Oct 4, 2011
RAILROAD EMPLOYEE wrote:
<quoted text>
..F...U...cK HIM!
That's a very cruel thing to say " Railroad Employee ". I don't give a rats ass if your 'friends' got docked pay. In fact, the mentality of some of you railroad people absolutely boggles my mind. "Cleaning up my son with a sponge"? Are you serious? That actually came out of your fucked up mouth? You didn't know Tyler, so don't make assumptions about what kind of a kid he was. He had more friends ( young and old) than you probably have. HE was a decent person ( unlike YOU ). So, back the fuck off talking about my son as if he were less of a person than you... He was BETTER than you.. he would NEVER hurt someone the way you seem to take pleasure in hurting people. You would never say these things to my face.. EVER. You can only say them hiding behind a computer.
Erin

Hermiston, OR

#31 Oct 17, 2011
Ms. Bies, My deepest condolences, I am so sorry you lost your son. It is horrible and senseless. To all the armchair bullies- you think you avoid consequence because you are cowardly hiding your cruel nature behind a computer but God sees all and vengence is His! It IS possible to not hear a train coming! As a teen, I used to walk on the tracks on my way school. I will never forget the time I turned around because I felt a vibraton and the train was so close that I had to throw myself sidways and barely escaped. I never walked on the tracks again, I could have easily lost my life that day. The train never blew it's horn and it was completely silent, no noise at all. This was over by Kamiakin in 1991. Sue the crap out of them Ms. Bies, and buy your son a giant headstone that explains this senseless tragedy!
RAILROAD EMPLOYEE

Davenport, WA

#34 Oct 17, 2011
Erin wrote:
Ms. Bies, My deepest condolences, I am so sorry you lost your son. It is horrible and senseless. To all the armchair bullies- you think you avoid consequence because you are cowardly hiding your cruel nature behind a computer but God sees all and vengence is His! It IS possible to not hear a train coming! As a teen, I used to walk on the tracks on my way school. I will never forget the time I turned around because I felt a vibraton and the train was so close that I had to throw myself sidways and barely escaped. I never walked on the tracks again, I could have easily lost my life that day. The train never blew it's horn and it was completely silent, no noise at all. This was over by Kamiakin in 1991. Sue the crap out of them Ms. Bies, and buy your son a giant headstone that explains this senseless tragedy!
This just proves that you too are a MORON. If you climb a fence an in area that says "restrictd", in an area whre NUMEROUS signs are posted warning of Danger, I dont know what to tell you other than what I already have..You're a MORON. "The train never blew its horn" ROFL! Seriously? Hey, remember that case where that b!tch sued over coffee served at Mcdonalds not having a hot warning on the label? Ridiculous, use your Fkn head! play with matches get burned. so 2 things, your common sense should prevail and if it doesnt, the signs should serve notice..you would think.rules are imposed there for a reason. And even if there were no signs,like I said, COMMON SENSE! Sue the crap ot of them....pfft! the american way eh? Moron.
Robert Gift

Denver, CO

#36 Nov 21, 2011
So.rry.
Trespasser's fault entirely.
Even more so if he knew that someonelse had gotten themselves hit by a trainearby.
Was the trespasser wearing headphones andid not hear the train?
Yes, it is possible to misseeing a trespasser if he steps onto the track at justhe right moment after the crew was looking ahead and briefly lookedown atheir gauges and instruments. They had already looked ahead and saw thathe track was clear.

Nothing wrong with a train passing a school at 70 mph. Just stay OFF the tracks and a few feet away from them. It is that easy.
No excuse for getting oneself hit by a train.
squires mo

Tolar, TX

#37 Nov 22, 2011
RAILROAD EMPLOYEE wrote:
<quoted text>
..F...U...cK HIM!
you are a insensitive monster. i hope that nothin ever happens to someone you love. then someone gets on here and tells you what a moron they were.stupid f-ing idiot.yes i did.i bet your mama is so proud of that mouth of yours and your sensitivety to people in mourning.i use to live in finley awhile back and there were nice caring people living there then.where did they all go.
Railroad Employee

Davenport, WA

#38 Nov 22, 2011
squires mo wrote:
<quoted text> you are a insensitive monster. i hope that nothin ever happens to someone you love. then someone gets on here and tells you what a moron they were.stupid f-ing idiot.yes i did.i bet your mama is so proud of that mouth of yours and your sensitivety to people in mourning.i use to live in finley awhile back and there were nice caring people living there then.where did they all go.
Friendly people in FINTUCKY? rofl!

Well, acually, my momma raised me to stay off the railroad tracks and to READ signs. She is very proud that I both lisened an that Im ALIVE. If Linda is in mourning, perhaps she should stay off the forums to avoid reading the TRUTH.
Her son was a Dumb@$$ and so is she. Dont mess with American Railroad workers folks! We'll smear you like apricot preserves and sleep very good tonight, well, except if the cops tie us up with questions about another PUNK who was smeared..like we can answer anything. What info can we possibly give? Time is money and we get held up over some wannabe eminem punk @$$ kid who had no business there to begin with? If anything we should sue his mom...where was she? did dhe know where little Timmy was? is that how she raises her kids, to TRESSPASS on land because he feels its ok for him? ike I said before, FK HIM! and you know what "squires mo"? F**K You too! get off your high horse. Stupid Texans in your area, well, almost every area are complete MORONS. Now go drink another Bud Light, park your car in your yard and STFU .
Linda Bies

Poulsbo, WA

#39 Nov 22, 2011
Railroad Employee... Yo Momma may have raised you to stay of tracks, but apparently she completely fucked up in the area of teaching you how to be compassionate, considerate, and a basic human being.. she sure screwed up there, didn't she... soooo where was SHE? SHE must've been a bad mother, teaching you that money is much more important than someone's life! And if she's still alive she should smack you upside the head for being a worthless human (do I dare even call you a human being?) I pity your wife, I pity your kids.. They must be so proud to be associated with such an evil person!
And you say "Don't mess with Railroad Workers?"... No, Don't mess with a parent who has lost a child! I will defend him to my dying day. If YOU are a spokesman for the railroad workers of the world, then I would be ashamed if I was a R.Worker. Now, shut the fuck up about my son and go beat your wife some more or whatever you evil people do. The reason I even spoke up on this forum is because I read once where you people were attacking another man who had a young child killed by a train and I couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer while you said such cruel things to him. And with my son also being killed by a train and you people speaking so horribly of him... I will stand up against you or anyone else who thinks that same way. Sadly, I, as a woman, seem to have more balls than you ( and I only assume that you are a man.. of course I use that term lightly concerning you). I will go on any forum I wish ( remember we live in America) and I will defend my wonderful son against evil Son's of Bitches as yourself. You are just a little boy, a true man would never be so fucking cruel! Man Up and Shut Up.
Railroad Employee

Davenport, WA

#40 Nov 23, 2011
Linda Bies wrote:
Railroad Employee... Yo Momma may have raised you to stay of tracks, but apparently she completely fucked up in the area of teaching you how to be compassionate, considerate, and a basic human being.. she sure screwed up there, didn't she... soooo where was SHE? SHE must've been a bad mother, teaching you that money is much more important than someone's life! And if she's still alive she should smack you upside the head for being a worthless human (do I dare even call you a human being?) I pity your wife, I pity your kids.. They must be so proud to be associated with such an evil person!
And you say "Don't mess with Railroad Workers?"... No, Don't mess with a parent who has lost a child! I will defend him to my dying day. If YOU are a spokesman for the railroad workers of the world, then I would be ashamed if I was a R.Worker. Now, shut the fuck up about my son and go beat your wife some more or whatever you evil people do. The reason I even spoke up on this forum is because I read once where you people were attacking another man who had a young child killed by a train and I couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer while you said such cruel things to him. And with my son also being killed by a train and you people speaking so horribly of him... I will stand up against you or anyone else who thinks that same way. Sadly, I, as a woman, seem to have more balls than you ( and I only assume that you are a man.. of course I use that term lightly concerning you). I will go on any forum I wish ( remember we live in America) and I will defend my wonderful son against evil Son's of Bitches as yourself. You are just a little boy, a true man would never be so fucking cruel! Man Up and Shut Up.
Defend him all you want, that only proves you stood by his STUPIDITY and ILLEGAL actions. Like I said, you're a WORTHLESS MOTHER and a MORON. YOU F-A-I-L-E-D.
His blood is partly on YOUR hands for FAILING, the other parts are on his and still underneath my train. roflmao!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, everyone will be there; brothers and sisters aunt hatty and uncle Caine…But Lindas boy wont be there…he was smeared by a TRAIN. Pulverized under my shiny wheels and heavy thick frame. He should have read the warning signs did this kid have a BRAIN? Where was his MOTHER at? Probably at the tavern , throwing her money down the drain…she knows her life is as messy as her boys red blood stain. Only reason shes mad is because he insurance ccompany denied her payment, sorry Linda NO GAIN!

So listen up misses Linda Bies, when a little boy jumps a fence into a railroad, guess what? he DIES!

Happy Thanksgiving Linda. Damn you sound fiesty, I bet youre a real screamer ;)
patty

Jacksonville, TX

#41 Jan 17, 2012
railroad employee.. you probably dont even work for the railroad.. i could of typed in FBI agent... your just a moron yourself and probably just a troublemaker.. a kid without loveing parents.. a kid without a real home.. to linda.. i am very sorry for your loss.. i have just recently lost my son to a train pedestrian accident as well.. dont let all these morons on here offend you or your son.. RIP tyler, enrique, brandal and all the other loved ones lost in such a tragic way..
conductor

Jacksonville, TX

#42 Jan 17, 2012
oh look railroad worker.. now im a conductor.. ur an idiot and so are all you other people on here disrespecting lindas son... RIP tyler... RIP brandal... RIP enrique

Since: May 07

washington

#43 Jan 17, 2012
sorry for your loss, truly am, but as a rail myself, we see trespassers almost weekly. the companies do have several signs posted stated no trespassing. Depending on the area the incindent occurred would determine the speed of the train, also if it was at night or dusk, and if the person was wearing non reflective clothing. Most of the time that we are involved in a pedestrian-train accident, the pedestirian was wearing headphones or was talking on a cell phone and didn't hear the train coming. They tend not to hear the train, and when they realize something is not right, they are unable to get out of the way nor is the train able to stop quickly enough. Locomotives are much bigger than trucks by size and weight, with the tonnage involved with haulage it takes them much more time to stop than the general public realizes.

We are not all inhumane, we as employees suffer as well when this stuff happens. it effects us everyday we work when this happens. Trespassing is trespassing, and it's subject to fines and punishment incurred by the owner of the railway. There are some people on thes sites that are very insensitive and can be down right mean. some do it for entertainment, Please understand, you have suffered a great loss and have full entitlement to grieve, but also realize, your son was trespassing and that's a crime, also he put not only himself at risk but also the train crew as well.

Once again, sorry for your loss.

Nw rail
Kennewick Labor Relations

United States

#45 Aug 9, 2012
Look, here are the facts. Many sane people walk next to tracks. There are miles upon miles of tracks next to my house. There are no warning signs. There are no fences. And according to this, they didn't even see him. Why would they blow the horn if they didn't see someone and were not at a junction? Judging by the fact that only his foot was severed, he likely was not actually walking "on" the tracks, rather alongside them. You do realize that a third of train deaths are caused by people being sucked into a train by the wind vacuum created by an object of such mass traveling at 60 plus miles an hour, right? And he was right near his house. This could have very easily been a kid walking home along side the tracks, listening to music. The fact that railroad workers here are going on about the guy deserving it and how how he's a piece of shit because you got docked pay only add to the likelyhood that if you guys did hit him and saw it, but kept going. These are the same kind of people who would say soldiers deserve to die. Remind me next time I negotiate with the railroad unions, to totally ream them. Harder then I already do, that is.
jen whitfield

Groton, CT

#46 Aug 11, 2012
Blok wrote:
I guess a mother will find fault for anyone other than their own child when said child does something foolish such as trespass upon railroad property.
Let me guess. The family will sue the RR for negligence now as well.
I don't hide behind a screen name like these cowards who run their mouths about stuff that regardless of fault shouldn't be said u too one day will loose someone and will u calm them morons like if they got aids would they be stupid or if they j walked and got hit by a car would they then be morons u should be ashamed of urself trust god will judge everyonr including u. I know my cousins in heaven will u make it there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 Gypsy Jokers club members arrested in Kennewi... (Apr '08) Aug 21 Jaxson 80
News Judge rules against florist who didn't want to ... (Jan '15) Aug 2 TomInElPaso 147
Cops license to commit murder on our citizens Jul '15 Boiling Point 6
Review: Kyle Gibson Rock-N-Landscapes Jun '15 montgomeryelectric 1
News Washington scientists say they've solved milky ... Jun '15 Buhboo 1
News Police brutality toward Latinos is unacceptable Jun '15 wild child 1
News 85K raised for florist who refused gay couple May '15 lides 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richland Mortgages