Body found along railroad tracks near Tri-Cities

Dec 16, 2009 Full story: KNDO - Yakima 43

A 19-year-old man was struck and killed by a train south of the Tri-Cities near Finley.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Y NOT

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 18, 2009
They need to give us more details !!!
Koj

United States

#2 Dec 18, 2009
Details?

The moron was trespassing and was hit by a train.
Y NOT

Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 19, 2009
I see, so if your trespassing It's ok to be hit by a train .( did he commit suicide, did he slip, was he pushed, WAS HE FREIGHT TRAIN HOPPING ) SO ON & SO ON ( 1 ) JUST CUZ YOUR TRESPASSING DOESN'T MAKE U A MORON!!!! MAKES U AT FAULT, BUT NOT A MORON. MANY OF US FREIGHT TRAIN HOP. DOESN'T MAKE US MORONS, NOW DO U SEE WHAT I MEAN BY ( DETAILS )
Linda Bies

Central Point, OR

#4 Apr 2, 2010
Koj wrote:
Details?
The moron was trespassing and was hit by a train.
The human being you are speaking of is my son! He was walking home and he did NOT commit suicide! I would appreciate if morons such as yourself try to realize that losing a child in such a horrific way is devastating enough without having to read some heartless remarks such as these. We own computers too and can see this shit you are writing about our loved ones. As Tyler's mother, I am not only devastated, but EXTREMELY protective about his memory and his honor.Try to remember that the next time a 950 thousand pound train destroys someone else's baby.
Blok

United States

#5 Apr 3, 2010
I guess a mother will find fault for anyone other than their own child when said child does something foolish such as trespass upon railroad property.

Let me guess. The family will sue the RR for negligence now as well.
Linda Bies

Central Point, OR

#6 Apr 4, 2010
Blok......
When Tyler was hit by that train, they didn't even STOP (claimed they didn't see him... 3 people on that crew and NOBODY saw a six foot person?!). And he did NOT die on impact.... his foot was amputated and he was LEFT to bleed to death! You bet your ass I find fault with that! Trespassing is hardly a crime that calls for a death sentence, don't you agree! And further more, another kid was killed two years ago at the next crossing over from where Tyler was killed, and even furthermore... we live near a school where there are many kids around.. if as a driver of a car, I and everone else are required to do twenty miles an hour in that zone, but a train, going right next to that school is allowed to do sixty or seventy miles an hour? doesn't make sense to me. There are residences right next to the tracks ( mine being one of them.. there should be laws for trains going slower near residences. Furthermore, the trains do NOT always blow their horns at my crossing ( I have many of these documented). I'm willing to bet that this particular train didn't blow their horn to give my son a fighting chance to get out of the way. From what I understand, the 'black box' is triggered by a horn blown at crossing, and the one that killed Tyler 'conveniently' was 'inoperable' which tells me they didn't blow their horn.
BLOK... trust me, you don't want to get in a war of words with THIS Mother!!!
shocker

United States

#7 Apr 4, 2010
Do you really think that train crew set out to run over your child? Really????
Linda Bies wrote:
Blok......
When Tyler was hit by that train, they didn't even STOP (claimed they didn't see him... 3 people on that crew and NOBODY saw a six foot person?!). And he did NOT die on impact.... his foot was amputated and he was LEFT to bleed to death! You bet your ass I find fault with that! Trespassing is hardly a crime that calls for a death sentence, don't you agree! And further more, another kid was killed two years ago at the next crossing over from where Tyler was killed, and even furthermore... we live near a school where there are many kids around.. if as a driver of a car, I and everone else are required to do twenty miles an hour in that zone, but a train, going right next to that school is allowed to do sixty or seventy miles an hour? doesn't make sense to me. There are residences right next to the tracks ( mine being one of them.. there should be laws for trains going slower near residences. Furthermore, the trains do NOT always blow their horns at my crossing ( I have many of these documented). I'm willing to bet that this particular train didn't blow their horn to give my son a fighting chance to get out of the way. From what I understand, the 'black box' is triggered by a horn blown at crossing, and the one that killed Tyler 'conveniently' was 'inoperable' which tells me they didn't blow their horn.
BLOK... trust me, you don't want to get in a war of words with THIS Mother!!!
Linda Bies

Central Point, OR

#8 Apr 5, 2010
Shocker....
Oh My God... It boggles my mind how incredibly cruel you people are!!! Did I say anything about someone INTENTIONALLY killing my child?! I was telling the facts of the situation. I've have seen other people on here speak just as cruelly to another guy whose child was killed by a train. THAT is what makes me furious. We are grieving like none of you could even fathom, and yet you have the audacity to continue to go on and on like we have no reason what so ever to be devastated or pissed off. If that train crew would have stopped, I could forgive.... as it is, there is no forgiveness here. And what really gets me is I am assuming that most people on this site and other sites like this WORK for the railroad... and this is the kind of mentality that is out there when someone is killed in such a horrific way... HEARTLESS! I have noticed if a railroad crewman is killed... well, there is gushing of sympathy, but when a civilian is killed... there is a whole lot of name calling of the dead person such as calling them morons. I have even seen ( more than once) the saying "another one bites the dust" when someone is killed by a train. If this is the indication of the 'soul' of railroad people, then you can see why I have no forgiveness for the crew members that left my son to die. Did they have the same mentallity that you share?! When hearing about the death of MY son, did they say to each other "another one bites the dust"?
shocker

United States

#9 Apr 5, 2010
You are right..........you are probably not going to find a lot of sympathy on the internet......it's just not gonna happen....THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU DON'T DESERVE IT.....and for you, as a mother and a human being, I hope you do find forgiveness of some measure at some time because if you don't, the anger and rage will consume you....
Linda Bies wrote:
Shocker....
Oh My God... It boggles my mind how incredibly cruel you people are!!! Did I say anything about someone INTENTIONALLY killing my child?! I was telling the facts of the situation. I've have seen other people on here speak just as cruelly to another guy whose child was killed by a train. THAT is what makes me furious. We are grieving like none of you could even fathom, and yet you have the audacity to continue to go on and on like we have no reason what so ever to be devastated or pissed off. If that train crew would have stopped, I could forgive.... as it is, there is no forgiveness here. And what really gets me is I am assuming that most people on this site and other sites like this WORK for the railroad... and this is the kind of mentality that is out there when someone is killed in such a horrific way... HEARTLESS! I have noticed if a railroad crewman is killed... well, there is gushing of sympathy, but when a civilian is killed... there is a whole lot of name calling of the dead person such as calling them morons. I have even seen ( more than once) the saying "another one bites the dust" when someone is killed by a train. If this is the indication of the 'soul' of railroad people, then you can see why I have no forgiveness for the crew members that left my son to die. Did they have the same mentallity that you share?! When hearing about the death of MY son, did they say to each other "another one bites the dust"?
Linda Bies

Central Point, OR

#10 Apr 5, 2010
Shocker... I did not come on the internet looking for sympathy. I stumbled across this site accidently ( it was 'connected' to the story of my son's accident.) I ,in no way, even wanted to write anything. In reading about another man's son's accident I started seeing all the cruel comments to him and was incredibly sad that people actually would do that. I was hoping that people on this site or any other's that work for the railroad were at least human beings and could , if not be compassionate to the man.. at least keep their comments to themselves. What I found, however was a majority of railroad people who are obviously uncaring.
When it's one of your children that get killed in some trajic accident (accidents can happen to ANYONE, ya know)... will you say the same heartless crap to your wife?! Will you call your own child a moron or tell your wife 'Well, another one bites the dust'?! Well... YOU probably will. This whole site(and other's like it) just show me what the majority of railroad workers are made of. And that's a pity.
As for your hope for me to find forgiveness of some measure because the rage and anger will consume me.... I WASN"T consumed with rage and anger until stumbling onto this site.
Your comment of hoping I find forgiveness so it doesn't consume me... what is that?!... it's obvious you aren't concerned for anyone and your lame words of 'concern' are insulting. Your comments are what give railroad workers a bad name.
shocker

United States

#11 Apr 5, 2010
Linda, you need to have your head examined...I offered that in a sincere way from one woman to other..........FROM ONE HUMAN BEING TO ANOTHER......you are priceless!!
Linda Bies wrote:
Shocker... I did not come on the internet looking for sympathy. I stumbled across this site accidently ( it was 'connected' to the story of my son's accident.) I ,in no way, even wanted to write anything. In reading about another man's son's accident I started seeing all the cruel comments to him and was incredibly sad that people actually would do that. I was hoping that people on this site or any other's that work for the railroad were at least human beings and could , if not be compassionate to the man.. at least keep their comments to themselves. What I found, however was a majority of railroad people who are obviously uncaring.
When it's one of your children that get killed in some trajic accident (accidents can happen to ANYONE, ya know)... will you say the same heartless crap to your wife?! Will you call your own child a moron or tell your wife 'Well, another one bites the dust'?! Well... YOU probably will. This whole site(and other's like it) just show me what the majority of railroad workers are made of. And that's a pity.
As for your hope for me to find forgiveness of some measure because the rage and anger will consume me.... I WASN"T consumed with rage and anger until stumbling onto this site.
Your comment of hoping I find forgiveness so it doesn't consume me... what is that?!... it's obvious you aren't concerned for anyone and your lame words of 'concern' are insulting. Your comments are what give railroad workers a bad name.
shocker

United States

#12 Apr 5, 2010
Lady, I don't work for the railroad so you can get that out of your head....I'm going to chalk all of your assumptions up to being grief stricken...maybe tomorrow will be a better day for you!
UPConductor2002

United States

#13 Apr 6, 2010
To Linda:
Hi, first off, let me pass on my sincere condolinces to you and your family, from the bottom of my heart. That being said, Shocker and the rest of the internet "rail-foaming" shock troops....LAY OFF!!!! You only read about these things happening on the internet, and if you are out here looking for stories like this tragic one, then you are some sick, sick, SICK SOB's!!! Shocker, how would you feel if this happened to your child? Or a niece or nephew? How would you react if someone belittled and made the all too familiar assumption "oh, he/she was killed by a train, oh it was suicide"...well guess what...you assuming he commited suicide, that shows me you have nothing better to do, or you have inside information we don't, and with this happening in Washington state and you live in....Texas, well...I have made an educated guess...you are a gossip, you are nosey. Please let Linda mourn her son and so some respect!!!! People like you make me sick! I happen to work for the railroad and let me tell you, we can not stop on a dime, we just can't. Linda, once again my deepest sympathy and don't let these internet rebel rousers get to you or degrade the memory of your son.
A. Conductor
shocker

United States

#14 Apr 6, 2010
Learn to read..........I NEVER said anything about suicide so you can STFU
UPConductor2002 wrote:
To Linda:
Hi, first off, let me pass on my sincere condolinces to you and your family, from the bottom of my heart. That being said, Shocker and the rest of the internet "rail-foaming" shock troops....LAY OFF!!!! You only read about these things happening on the internet, and if you are out here looking for stories like this tragic one, then you are some sick, sick, SICK SOB's!!! Shocker, how would you feel if this happened to your child? Or a niece or nephew? How would you react if someone belittled and made the all too familiar assumption "oh, he/she was killed by a train, oh it was suicide"...well guess what...you assuming he commited suicide, that shows me you have nothing better to do, or you have inside information we don't, and with this happening in Washington state and you live in....Texas, well...I have made an educated guess...you are a gossip, you are nosey. Please let Linda mourn her son and so some respect!!!! People like you make me sick! I happen to work for the railroad and let me tell you, we can not stop on a dime, we just can't. Linda, once again my deepest sympathy and don't let these internet rebel rousers get to you or degrade the memory of your son.
A. Conductor
UPConductor2002

United States

#16 Apr 7, 2010
let me tell you something...you have NO IDEA how tramatic this is to the family, much less the crew of the train, who, buy the way, had NO IDEA they had even hit him until they stopped the train at a crew change point. YOU like to get on here and run your rhetoric and your BS, yes, you may have an opinion, this is still America last time I checked,but don't you EVEN condensend that you have all the answers, you have done nothing but harass this poor woman who just lost a son!!! As far as I go, getting on here and "acting" like I know all sorts of stuff...let me tell you, I have been a railroader going on 15 years, yeah, I know some shit, I also know the pain and anguish Linda is going through, so don't treat me like I don't know what I am talking about...I've BEEN there, believe me, you DON'T wanna be there to see what happens when a train hits someone, or when someone is laying across the tracks and looks up at you at the last moment and you have the power to do NOTHING!!!! I don't care that you don't care what kind of day I am having, I never invited you to know that, I could give a damn less what you think. Why don't you show alittle compasion toward your fellow man, especially in their time of need. Yes, it IS preventable, YES we have signs up stating "NO TRESSPASSING" it is YOUR choice to take this advice, but don't assume it was suicide, I am talking to YOU Koj and Blok. Let Linda be! She doesn't need to read on the internet that the "moron" I believe you called him, commited suicide, NO I believe it was just a tragic accident and now the family has to pick up the pieces. This isn't fair that you assume that right off. So, if you are gonna bad mouth me, or keep spilling your 'facts and figures' out of your mouth, do me a favor, keep your opinion and yourself (hands clapping) Deep in the heart of Texas!!! Now if you have a legitimate comment or a question about the railroad and why things like this happen, I will be HAPPY to carry on a decent, logical conversation with you...if not, you can take teh advise you offered up to me in post#14 and STFU!!!!!
UPConductor2002

United States

#17 Apr 7, 2010
Shocker,
I want to take this time to aplogize to you. It just really gets to me to hear of tragidies like this happening and I lost my composure when I read what was going on here. I know it was unprofessional of me to lose it like that and I sincerely hope you can forgive me for my candid responses. For the record, I love Texas, it's a beautiful state and alot of great Americans live there, my uncle being one of them lol. Anyway, I hope you can forgive a salty, jaded railroader and I hope you have a good day.
A. Conductor
shocker

United States

#18 Apr 7, 2010
Thank you for the apology.
UPConductor2002 wrote:
Shocker,
I want to take this time to aplogize to you. It just really gets to me to hear of tragidies like this happening and I lost my composure when I read what was going on here. I know it was unprofessional of me to lose it like that and I sincerely hope you can forgive me for my candid responses. For the record, I love Texas, it's a beautiful state and alot of great Americans live there, my uncle being one of them lol. Anyway, I hope you can forgive a salty, jaded railroader and I hope you have a good day.
A. Conductor
UPConductor2002

United States

#19 Apr 8, 2010
Thank you for accepting, it's just that I have seen one too tragdies like this, it is very personal to me, I had a teenager die in my arms while waiting for the authorities to come, it is all to real, stupidy or not...it's all too real and I wil have to live with that memory the rest of my life.
Plug It

United States

#20 Apr 8, 2010
Get over it all ready.

Their fate is sealed. If a moron wishes to place themselves on the tracks then I'll blow and dump it for the tape. Otherwise screw 'em. We win every time.
upconductor2002

United States

#21 Apr 10, 2010
...good point Plug It, I DO feel for Linda, but you and I both know what it is like out there and what the public doesn't understand is that if they are on the tracks, suicide or not, WE can't STOP...all we can do is dump it and say a prayer. good to see another rail speak up here Plug It.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Sep 22 Go Blue Forever 719
West Richland moves toward ban on recreational pot Sep 19 Puph 1
local girl Sep 18 latinomeat 1
GEORGE GANNON and Linda M Sep 13 NeedHelp 1
Five Disgraced Business Owners Who Learned That... Sep 7 JonW 15
New study finds global warming, melting sea ice... Sep 4 Earthling-1 5
4 Gypsy Jokers club members arrested in Kennewi... (Apr '08) Sep 1 murphy1 75
Richland Dating
Find my Match

Richland Jobs

Richland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Richland News, Events & Info