Old High School Building in Eltopia

Posted in the Richland Forum

Michael

Seattle, WA

#1 May 8, 2009
Was passing by on 395 and noticed the old school has been repainted. First time since I attended the school sixty years ago. Does anyone know what is going on with the bulding?
Dale Jones

Vashon, WA

#2 May 24, 2009
Michael
The Eltopia school is being turned into a residence and possible B&B. My father and uncles attented school here from the teens to the 30's. I live in an one hundred year old house about a half block from the school which my father purchased in 1949. My wife Vickie and I call it "THE 1909 HOUSE". What is your last name? I'm sure our families probably know each other. Dale Jones
Mike Russell

Seattle, WA

#3 May 24, 2009
I lived in Eltopia until 1959. Dale, I would guess that your Dad was Everett.
Dale Jones

Vashon, WA

#4 May 25, 2009
Yes it was. I am the youngest.(By the way my brother Ed just died of cancer on the 21st of April).
Yeah, I'm still in the old Phend House, trying to fix it up. I'm also doing research on Eltopia for a possible book. Is there anything you can lend me in the way of stories or photos (esp. photos)?
By the way, was it you or one of your brothers who rode the bicycle without any breaks from the town cistern clear down the hill to the railroad tracks? Dad said he could hear "WHOOOOOOAAAAAA" all the way down the hill! Hope to hear more from you. E-mail me at; the1909house@yahoo.com

Dale Jones Eltopia Washington.(I'm not sure why my first post listed me from Medical Lake).
Dianna Mayer

Seattle, WA

#5 Sep 30, 2012
I hope you don't mind, but my mother and I have been looking at the school house for years. We actually stopped by and looked into today. I was amazed at how big it is. My mind has not stopped thinking about since I saw it. Do you really plan to restore it? I think it would be amazing as B&B, or a restaurant. I think I would volunteer to help you restore it just so I could see it restored to it's original grander. If you think our help is needed just e-mail me at DIANNALM2004@hotmail.com. We would love to see some progress. Your neighbors in Kennewick, Dianna and Julie.
Dale Jones Eltopia Wa

Kingston, WA

#6 Oct 1, 2012
Dianna, I don't own the building. A local couple was buying it and going to live in it with the possibility of starting a B&B. Those plans fell through I understand. I don't know who owns it now. I would LOVE to see it restored. However there isn't anything in Eltopia to make it an attraction other than the school itself, I'm afraid. My father,aunt and uncles all went to school there, and I live only a good stones throw away, literaly. I do have a couple of old class pictures from the teens to thirtys of my dad and uncles when they attended. I do hope something is down with it. I would hate to see it go. BTW my e-mail is; the1909house@yahoo.com Dale Jones
JohnD

Portland, OR

#7 Apr 27, 2013
Hey dale? You live near Tacoma Ave.? I know who owns the Old high school, i am actually trying to purchase the school myself, so a to keep it around
Jason southwick

Modesto, CA

#8 Mar 5, 2014
What years were the eltopia school open?
Cdavid

United States

#9 Jun 15, 2014
Did anyone purchase the high school in Wltopia? What are the plans for it? Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Sep 22 Go Blue Forever 719
West Richland moves toward ban on recreational pot Sep 19 Puph 1
local girl Sep 18 latinomeat 1
GEORGE GANNON and Linda M Sep 13 NeedHelp 1
Five Disgraced Business Owners Who Learned That... Sep 7 JonW 15
New study finds global warming, melting sea ice... Sep 4 Earthling-1 5
4 Gypsy Jokers club members arrested in Kennewi... (Apr '08) Sep 1 murphy1 75

Richland Jobs

Richland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Richland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Richland

Personal Finance