2 teens held on break-ins in K'zoo Co.

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

Police were called just before midnight to a subdivision in the area of East DE Avenue and North 30th Street in Richland Township.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Jan 8, 2009
ADHD

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Judged:

Grammar?

"A resident told police they witnessed two people trying to break-in to a neighbor's vehicle. "

Resident is singular; they is plural. This is why I stopped buying the newspaper as well.
Moonmongrel

Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Judged:

ADHD wrote:
Grammar?
"A resident told police they witnessed two people trying to break-in to a neighbor's vehicle. "
Resident is singular; they is plural. This is why I stopped buying the newspaper as well.
Grammar expert: Try researching the subject "singular use of 'they'" or go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they .
I think you quit buying the paper because you couldn't raise the money.

Since: Nov 08

Grand Rapids, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Judged:

ADHD must have adhd. Leave people alone. If you don't like the writing quit reading our posts.
Real American

Commerce Township, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Judged:

jomit wrote:
ADHD must have adhd. Leave people alone. If you don't like the writing quit reading our posts.
I hate people who think there the best at everything/spelling ect.makes me want to slap them,and wake em up!.
Quackershack

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Why don't you comment on the story and not the grammar. I happen to be one of the victims that these 2 individuals took something from. Maybe if parents were able to disipline their children the way they should and taught a little respect for others property they might not have done what they did.
albs

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Judged:

I agree the grammar is far from the point of this story.
We were also victims. They came into our garage(while we were home)and several valuable items were taken. Many Many Richland residents were victimized most just prior to Christmas.... Grammar important now????
Very Sad.
tim

Mayville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Judged:

i wonder if they were Obama color
Quackershack

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Does it really make a difference? There are people of all colors that know the difference between right and wrong! Obviously these kids don't give a crap and get a charge out of seeing what they could get.
aaawww shucks

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

I bet they made their parents proud. God help my kid if they did something like this. Right, wrong or against the law, my kids a** would get beat. I have been broken into before and it just pissed you off. They normally dont take enough to even claim on insurance. So then you are out everything. Hopefully if they ever grow up someone will victimize them like they did to others. Karma has a way of working wonders on people. Hopefully these garages were attached and they will get home invasion which carries a long sentence. If the garage is not attached it not as big of a crime and they will get off easy.
sumbody

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2009

hey that dumb lil shit is my bfs lil brother and my bf is nothing like him.. i think some time to sit and think might help.. its not always the parents fault!! some ppl just make bad choices. i have also been robbed and i understand it sux and these kids are stupid.. i feel for ya!! and no the parents are not proud... they're fed up and thats why noones bailing him out and i think thats the best thing.. hopefully everyone gets there stuff back cuz that really sux..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Richland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Richland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••