Wisconsin chief forester turns self in for shooting turkey illegally

Full story: TwinCities.com 7
A government worker did the right thing - and wound up more than $250 poorer for it. Full Story
citylights

Maple Plain, MN

#1 Jun 29, 2010
This guy shot a turkey? Which politician or attorney was it?
Basia

Tower, MN

#2 Jun 29, 2010
Glad he came forward, but......I think a few days off without pay would be a better message in addition to the fine.
bob

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jun 29, 2010
Poor decision making: Taking game out of season is unethical and shows a lack of integrity.
Road King

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jun 29, 2010
bob wrote:
Poor decision making: Taking game out of season is unethical and shows a lack of integrity.
Well "b o b", I believe this man showed he actually DOES have integrity for fessing up for his error. It was NOT an error in judgement, but an error in identification as was CLEARLY stated in the story.

You know, "b o b", being an ignorant s-o-b, such as yourself, "b o b" should carry a fine of twice the amount this good person had to pay, but ignorant s-o-b's like yourself usually don't go turning themselves in for being stupid and/or ignorant, now, DO THEY, "b o b"????

In other words, YOU'RE an IDIOT, b o b.
Javier

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jun 29, 2010
Basia wrote:
Glad he came forward, but......I think a few days off without pay would be a better message in addition to the fine.
And just what further good would come from such a suspension? The guy came forward as he should have and there is no such provision in their policy for suspension. So, again, why should they suspend him without pay? Tell us exactly what further good would come from that?

The man said he felt bad about it, he came forward, accepted (and insisted on) the normal sanctions/penalties for it. Isn't it clear that a man who would do this is not lying when he says he feels bad? Now we have JACKHOLES like you who want him to suffer more. He made a mistake, and stepped up and accepted the punishment when, if he wasn't a stand up guy, he could have just walked away.
Basia

Tower, MN

#6 Jun 29, 2010
Javier wrote:
<quoted text>
And just what further good would come from such a suspension? The guy came forward as he should have and there is no such provision in their policy for suspension. So, again, why should they suspend him without pay? Tell us exactly what further good would come from that?
The man said he felt bad about it, he came forward, accepted (and insisted on) the normal sanctions/penalties for it. Isn't it clear that a man who would do this is not lying when he says he feels bad? Now we have JACKHOLES like you who want him to suffer more. He made a mistake, and stepped up and accepted the punishment when, if he wasn't a stand up guy, he could have just walked away.
What good will come is set an example for his co-workers. His job is to enforce the law, one of which he just broke. He should be held to a higher standard to remain credible. If he were a cop that got a DUI, I am sure the officer would get more of a penalty than a citizen.
Smartass

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Jun 29, 2010
Wow, I got a beard and am a democrat. Now when you got a cheese muncher like this DeLong guy trying to make himself look good out of nowhere he might just shoot across the river and shoot me. All I can do is shoot first in self Da- Fence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richland Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Puppy mill puppies confiscated? (Mar '07) Dec 5 Eva Wall 27
daughters of dr.sannes (Jan '06) Aug '14 noreen 3
Do you approve of Dale Schultz as State Senator? (Mar '12) Aug '14 vince 2
Verona-Cedar Grove Engagement Announcement: Gen... (Dec '13) Jul '14 Jaimie 3
Review: The Richland Observer (Jun '14) Jun '14 Pat Stahlhandske 1
Debate: Immigration - Mineral Point, WI (May '10) Apr '14 ChuckieCheese 9
Debate: Obama-Economy - Mineral Point, WI (Jun '12) Apr '14 James 2
Richland Center Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web