Thyme & Sage Ranch - Jennifer Petkus
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Penny

Roscoe, IL

#165 Dec 28, 2010
Julie I would guess that is the case...She is pure evil and while there will be many that defend her they were the lucky ones...There were many more like me that lost beloved puppies...Sadly a month ago I had another encounter with a puppy mill broker and she too was reported to law enforcement...Until the laws are good and stiff and law enforcement agencies take them seriously nothing will change for our furry friends...Keep telling people about your story and I will guarantee you someone will listen...I would not have known about the more recent event had I not spoken to this family about my own incident...We can all make a little difference.

Big hugs,
Penny
Kasey's Momma
labs-r-best

Madison, WI

#166 Mar 12, 2011
Shelter Owner Convicted Of Animal Neglect Charges
Petkus Faces Sentencing On 6 Charges
Updated: 7:11 am CST March 12, 2011

CAZENOVIA, Wis.-- A jury found the owner of a Richland County animal shelter guilty on six counts of animal cruelty, according to court records on Friday.

Jennifer Petkus, who owned Thyme & Sage Ranch, was convicted following a three-week trial of starving a dog to death, failing to provide water to animals, failing to maintain sufficient cleanliness for animals in her care and mistreatment of a specific ram, bull dog and border collie, according to court records.

The six guilty counts support a maximum sentence of 54 months in jail or three years probation and up to $10,000 in fines for each count.

The Richland County district attorney plans to ask for five years prohibition against Petkus having animals, according to Dane County Humane Society officials.

The next step will be the sentencing for Petkus which is expected to happen in April.

The Dane County Humane Society, which took in many of the ranch's animals, praised the trial's outcome.

“Dane County Humane Society is glad to be seeing some justice to help prevent future situations like this from happening again,” said DCHS Executive Director Pam McCloud Smith, in a statement. "It is good to have some closure to this case that began for us back in March of 2008 when I took a trip to the Thyme & Sage Ranch to pick up dogs that needed help."

DCHS officials said they are thankful and proud of the good work that was done by DCHS staff and volunteers and other animal welfare organizations that together helped save nearly 600 dogs, 25 horses and 60 small animals.

The Thyme & Sage Ranch was located in Cazenovia.
Lesley

AOL

#167 Mar 12, 2011
Oh, thank GOD--now let's hope Michael Vick's example of time behind bars serves as a "lesser" example of what should happen to her--seems so much worse, like a priest or teacher or policeman committing murder or torture or rape of a child. She does need to be held to an even HIGHER standard because of her position wihtin the system meant to help animals.

Thanks for posting this--and Penny, it seems to me it was all due to YOUR pushing, pushing, pushing. This should be a day of some sort of inner peace for you and your memory of your little one's sad fate.

Since: Mar 11

Kenosha, WI

#168 Mar 14, 2011
Yess!!!! I just saw it on the local news this morning. It was on the crawl, and then they broadcasted that it was Thyme and Sage. I was amazed that I saw it on two channels here in Milwaukee.
Penny Evans

Roscoe, IL

#169 Mar 14, 2011
Sadly there were so many charges that were thrown out that she should have been eligible for so much more. This is a travesty of justice since had they gotten involved when it was first brought to their attention so many animals would not have only suffered less but not died at all. Jennifer got lucky in this world but she will not be so lucky in the next.

Hoping to make it to the sentencing since I have not been well but I need to see her get some time, serious time. I have emailed the DA's office so many times and yet no response. I still believe all the parties that were forced to do something still look at this as a "property" issue and not an issue with leaving breathing beings. I am disappointed but then having her tried and punished for EVERY charge was really the only hope I had in the case at all.

I hope she reads these because I have followed this from day one and I will continue to follow her and in hopes that she NEVER hurts another animal.

I am very disappointed in Richland County but then that is nothing new either. At least not every charge was thrown out but there were so many that should have been tried and were not. Just not fair to all those little animals that she had a had in killing.

For shame Jennifer, for shame...

Penny
Kasey's Momma
Penny Evans

Roscoe, IL

#170 Mar 14, 2011
Lesley not sure how I missed your post. I read the first and then the last but some how missed yours. Thank you for your kind words. I believe the credit is all those that were there for the raid and of course the care when the animals were taken to Dane County. As you can tell I am disappointed but then I just hope that they throw the book at her for the charges they did hear. I have been blessed to meet some awesome people that under normal circumstances I would never have known anything about. We are lucky to have such caring wonderful people that spend their last dollar to make sure that our furry kids get to wonderful forever homes. They are the ones that kept me fighting and aware of what is going on every where in our area. I wish the news had not been all about the stuff at the capital over the past few weeks because Jennifer got a pass but as I tell everyone she WILL answer for her crimes if not to us then to a higher power.

Again my thanks Lesley. Many of you kept me going when I was blamed for Kasey's death and although I knew it was not our care, I had to convince all the powers that be. I find it rather funny to hear some of the same people that I had direct contact with say they were "shocked" about the conditions at the ranch. When I talked to them they were looking for ways to say we caused her to be sick and that Jennifer was a God send to the county. Hhhhmmmmm they are looking a bit foolish now aren't they. I hope they realize that they had almost as a big of a hand in the deaths of all those animals as Jennifer did. I blame them and well we all answer for our mistakes at some point.

Again my thanks to all of you. I couldn't have done this without your support and guidance.

Kasey's momma!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richland Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Standing behind your word urban acres nursery (May '13) Jul '16 no fruit for my g... 8
News Trumpeter swan population soaring in Wisconsin Mar '16 USA today 1
Is it Muscoda or Riverdale? (Feb '06) Feb '16 Swan 8
Review: Southwest Tech Richland Outreach Site J... (Dec '15) Dec '15 dreed 1
Julie Jean (Wunnicke) Schwartz (Sep '09) Jul '15 mary knothe 3
Puppy mill puppies confiscated? (Mar '07) Dec '14 Eva Wall 27
daughters of dr.sannes (Jan '06) Aug '14 noreen 3

Richland Center Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richland Center Mortgages