Stolen bronze sculptures end up being sold for scrap in Vermont

Thirty stolen bronze sculptures are valued at $1 million _ not by the scrap yards where most of them ended up. Full Story
ADAM THE MACHO LIFEGUARD

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Dec 27, 2007
Most of them probably belonged in the scrap yard.
Phil

United States

#2 Dec 27, 2007
The future of our country !!
thirteen knots

United States

#3 Dec 27, 2007
these boys n girls should be left along a roadside in Iraq, as they do not want to live in our country. If they refuse to go then hang them next to a politician.
Dan

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Dec 27, 2007
All that money on art classes wasted...
Jay15213

Boynton Beach, FL

#5 Dec 28, 2007
I would think that some junk dealers could recognize the difference between ordinary junk metal and MOST metal works of art. Why, then, would they purchase such items without proper investigation?
True American

United States

#6 Dec 28, 2007
Jay15213 wrote:
I would think that some junk dealers could recognize the difference between ordinary junk metal and MOST metal works of art. Why, then, would they purchase such items without proper investigation?
Remember the rail road rails here. Scrap yards know rail road rails are RR property, but they want the metal and just dont care where it came from.
Watcher

United States

#7 Dec 28, 2007
Ugly sculptures sold for drug money.
Anni wells

Montpelier, VT

#8 Aug 18, 2013
thirteen knots wrote:
these boys n girls should be left along a roadside in Iraq, as they do not want to live in our country. If they refuse to go then hang them next to a politician.
I do not think I should b in Iraq this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Whr do u come in to say that? f u jackass
Anni wells

Montpelier, VT

#9 Aug 18, 2013
Watcher wrote:
Ugly sculptures sold for drug money.
yes unfortunately thy were sold for drug money I'm sorry to Joel as I am a fellow artist I was in a dark place in my life but yes thy were ugly sculptures!
Amos

Rossville, GA

#10 Aug 28, 2013
Anni wells wrote:
<quoted text>yes unfortunately thy were sold for drug money I'm sorry to Joel as I am a fellow artist I was in a dark place in my life but yes thy were ugly sculptures!
You're the same Annie wells that got kicked in the head by a horse at the fair, aren't you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brutally cold conditions settle in on Vermont (Jan '14) Jan '14 STEVEN 1
Animal cruelty investigation in St. Johnsbury (Jan '14) Jan '14 Mary 1
Five agencies, helicopter, involved in Franklin... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Elmer_J_Fudd 5
The Saint Albans Messenger (Sep '13) Sep '13 joe hrevnack 1
any ladies looking for a date (Sep '13) Sep '13 sails 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Vermont (D... (Oct '10) Jul '11 Marcy Unaitis 21
Principal charged with not reporting suspected ... (May '10) Aug '10 ABC 20
Richford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Richford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:49 am PST

Yahoo! Sports11:49AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'