Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Apr 1, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
resident

New York, NY

#1 Dec 28, 2011
Wish that Dan Bowee on Cook rd would get caught. He claims to be disabled and collects a check every month waiting for a settlement and in mean time he hunts, remodels his dumpy home and still hasn't gotten caught. Done this for years. Recieves money under the table to boot by renting out his dock to people for there use.In mean time he's living off the system. Last time I new he had 2 claims going at the same time. One in N.Y.S. and one in another state. Just crazy. He bowls, fish etc. Could go on and on.
can you

United States

#2 Dec 28, 2011
resident wrote:
Wish that Dan Bowee on Cook rd would get caught. He claims to be disabled and collects a check every month waiting for a settlement and in mean time he hunts, remodels his dumpy home and still hasn't gotten caught. Done this for years. Recieves money under the table to boot by renting out his dock to people for there use.In mean time he's living off the system. Last time I new he had 2 claims going at the same time. One in N.Y.S. and one in another state. Just crazy. He bowls, fish etc. Could go on and on.
Take pictures?
I know

New York, NY

#3 Dec 28, 2011
resident wrote:
I know of that guy. Another thing him and his wife get to go to state parks free because of his supposed disability. That's right they go to Thousand island state camping grounds paid by the state. Last time I knew he was bragging about how he gets free cable cause he usta work for a cable company and knows how to steal the cable from the company. Which he claims he's disable because he fell off a pole working for them. What a crock. That's who he filed his claim against and the other place he filed against and worked at was Home Depot. Don't know which state he filed each claim but your right one was in New York and the other I want to say was Conn. He's a real winner. His bragging will catch up to him.
wait a sec

United States

#4 Dec 29, 2011
they got cable on cook rd?
I know

New York, NY

#5 Dec 29, 2011
wait a sec wrote:
You don't believe there's such thing as cable in that area? Any one can get cable sattelite,cable company one or the other. Check it out for yourself.
bam

United States

#6 Dec 29, 2011
I know wrote:
<quoted text>You don't believe there's such thing as cable in that area? Any one can get cable sattelite,cable company one or the other. Check it out for yourself.
ya got busted dipshit,there ain't no poles to fall from with sattelite tv.BUSTED
I know

New York, NY

#7 Dec 29, 2011
bam wrote:
<quoted text>
ya got busted dipshit,there ain't no poles to fall from with sattelite tv.BUSTED
ok you won! I didn't say what type of cable he has just how he claimed he injured himself. Smart alec. What do u care how they get free cable they just do.
bam

United States

#8 Dec 30, 2011
liars lie,can't believe a thing now.
smith

Stantonville, TN

#9 Jan 4, 2012
you all are lying stinkin sobs
local

Binghamton, NY

#10 Jan 5, 2012
there are so many people in this town that are collecting disability and workmans comp that are perfectly capable of working. Most of them make more money than you and I which really makes me mad. They go hunting, snowmobiling, and you see them doing stuff under the table all the time. So basically we pay them to sit around smoke pot and drink beer all day while we work hard just trying to make ends meet.They collect off the system and get all their medical bills paid for while most of us cant afford health insurance. The only disability they have is that they are lazy! Hopefully the free loaders get caught.
agree

New York, NY

#11 Jan 5, 2012
local wrote:
there are so many people in this town that are collecting disability and workmans comp that are perfectly capable of working. Most of them make more money than you and I which really makes me mad. They go hunting, snowmobiling, and you see them doing stuff under the table all the time. So basically we pay them to sit around smoke pot and drink beer all day while we work hard just trying to make ends meet.They collect off the system and get all their medical bills paid for while most of us cant afford health insurance. The only disability they have is that they are lazy! Hopefully the free loaders get caught.
Dan Bowee for one.
Not Everyone Is a Cheat

United States

#12 Jan 11, 2012
my father worked his ass off for the carpenters union building concrete bridges for 30 years and had 2 back surgeries to get 5 deteriorated discs replaced with synthetic discs...he still goes hunting and rides his four wheeler and if a repair needs to be made on his house he does it or if the drive way needs to be snow flowed or the laws moved he does it...he was taking to court once and the lawyer said what is he supposed to do let his grass grow 10 feet high or the snow keep piling up?? Sorry to tell you but disability and compensation is not that much...not like he's making any more then he is when he worked actually he makes a little less and he was in the carpenters union so he had the same insurance he does now...Not saying this guy is the same as my father but just because some one hunts or fishes or does work around their house does not mean they are cheating the system...My dad built a deck on the back of the house and a job that should have taking a few days ended up taking over a month because every day he worked on it he'd spend 2 days laid up in bed in so much pain he couldn't even barely get up to go to the bathroom...and each hunting season he goes out less and less because of what it does to his back and legs but he does it because he loves it and gets to spend time with me and his grandsons...I've seen on a hunting show where a boy with muscular dystrofy wish was to go hunting and Make a Wish set it up and he went out in a wheel chair to a blind and they called a deer in and he used a joy stick on the chair to aim the gun then blew into a tube to pull the trigger and shot the deer...I bet none of you would complain about that disabled boy using money donated to Make a Wish to go hunting...
Not Everyone Is a Cheat

United States

#13 Jan 11, 2012
^^^lawn mowed or driveway snow flowed^^^ Damn auto correct
Not Everyone Is a Cheat

United States

#14 Jan 11, 2012
blowed...did it again
must be nice

New York, NY

#15 Jan 13, 2012
agree wrote:
<quoted text>Dan Bowee for one.
Out bowling tonight. Boy that back really is bad.lol
common cents

Utica, NY

#16 Feb 1, 2012
They not only get their monthly checks, but they get other benefits too, like food stamps, heat, medical, and they have the benefit of not having to go to work. They can just be rested and party, drink beer, and smoke cigarettes. That is probably more appealing to them than going to work for a living.Fraud.
For an honest person it isn't worth it. Unfortunately for those dishonest ones, it is very worth it. Being disabled they not only get the monthly disability benefits, they get full medical coverage. The only income showing is the disability so they can also qualify for HEAP, food stamps, rent assistance and other welfare based programs. Then because they actually are able bodied, they can go work under the table and have all that extra cash to spend while the working folks are paying for all of their bills.
It only takes the good folks out there to say nothing for all this to happen.
lovielove

Corning, NY

#17 Feb 4, 2012
Well if you feel so strongly that he is cheating the system report him and be done with it. There are a lot of people that receive disability for various reasons. It is not a easy thing to get... So he must have had just cause to get it...
Dah

New York, NY

#18 Feb 8, 2012
wait a sec wrote:
Time Warner
Mad as Hell

Oneida, NY

#19 Jul 13, 2012
All of us know at least one person that it living off the rest of us. The county & State need a 'Hot Line' to report the leeches.
Rob

Herkimer, NY

#20 Jul 18, 2013
common cents wrote:
They not only get their monthly checks, but they get other benefits too, like food stamps, heat, medical, and they have the benefit of not having to go to work. They can just be rested and party, drink beer, and smoke cigarettes. That is probably more appealing to them than going to work for a living.Fraud.
For an honest person it isn't worth it. Unfortunately for those dishonest ones, it is very worth it. Being disabled they not only get the monthly disability benefits, they get full medical coverage. The only income showing is the disability so they can also qualify for HEAP, food stamps, rent assistance and other welfare based programs. Then because they actually are able bodied, they can go work under the table and have all that extra cash to spend while the working folks are paying for all of their bills.
It only takes the good folks out there to say nothing for all this to happen.
Yea your right. AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL Why don't you laminate all of YOUR benefit cards.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richfield Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 min STO 305,483
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 28 min Da GreatDirtyWater 307,493
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 52 min Inane Opinion 14,827
So You&rsquo;re Rich for an American. Does That... 1 hr Shahidabdus Salaam 1
What's wrong with Tman, good ole Momma Chamberlin 1 hr jimi-yank 119
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 1 hr Nassau 3 10,365
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr Peace Keeper 6,410
•••
•••
•••

Richfield Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Richfield Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Richfield Springs News, Events & Info