Street name is a lesson from 1900s

Street name is a lesson from 1900s

There are 8 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Apr 18, 2008, titled Street name is a lesson from 1900s. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Bob: Yesterday, I was driving up/down Goodyear Boulevard in Akron, heading toward Newton Street, and passed a street called Battery B. Is there a story behind that name? Just curious - and since you are ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Since: Mar 07

Your Neighbor & Friend

#1 Apr 18, 2008
While on the subject of Battery B, Bobbo should've drug out the tale of Two Max Drive, as well. I think it's been vacated, but ran between Grant and Bellows just south of the long-gone Beltline tracks. A sign still exists, last I saw, at Grant.

A number of cities have publications on origins of their street names. It would be interesting to have someone in Akron put one together.
Dave F

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Apr 18, 2008
If you like the traffic light you'll love the bridge over I-480 in Twinsburg.... the bridge to nowhere that ODOT feels must be maintained even though there is no intent to connect it to a "real road" according to the mayor.
yahoo map of the sight below.

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51B...
Red-Akron OH

Cleveland, OH

#4 Apr 18, 2008
Bob: Speaking of streets in Goodyear Heights, what's with all the American Indian names, ie, Mohawk, Tonawanda, Niagra, some I can't even spell... I do love the Hts!
Kling

United States

#5 Apr 18, 2008
When I went to UA I lived on Kling St. and still wonder who it was named after.
What about this one

AOL

#6 Apr 18, 2008
What is behind the name "Super Genius Circle?" It really does exist on the southeast side of Akron.
mots

Atlanta, GA

#7 Apr 19, 2008
What about this one wrote:
What is behind the name "Super Genius Circle?" It really does exist on the southeast side of Akron.
it was named after me!
George N

Fountain Inn, SC

#8 Apr 19, 2008
How about Packard Drive, Peerless(yes there was once such a car), Winton(made in Cleveland) and other auto themed names in the Copley Rd. district?
Rhubarb

Canton, OH

#9 Aug 12, 2009
What about this one wrote:
It was either that or Rhubarb Road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fight against housing complex continues (Nov '16) Wed Homeless Wino Pete 2
Review: Shanae Jean Essence Tue SHANAE JEAN ESSENCE 1
City threatening to sue those who don't pay cam... (Apr '10) Dec 11 Jinx 67
Who are the best internet providers in Akron? Dec 9 NewGuy95 1
News Lights out for Rolly Acres Mall? (Oct '08) Dec 8 No friend of mine 61
News Johnson Rubber says it won't close (Feb '08) Dec 5 old school 27
News Popular Akron chain Swenson's appears to be on ... Dec 5 404 not found 4

Richfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance