A Touching Tribute To a Fallen Marine

Richfield Police Officer Bob Gilbert says he owes a debt of gratitude to U.S. Marines who served along side his son, Gunnery Sergeant Robert Gilbert. Full Story
Sarah Dean

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Mar 26, 2010
I had only met Robert once in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. He had came out with our friend Glenn Ross for the IJSBA Jet Ski World Finals, for the weekend that I had the honor of knowing him he was full of life and a great person to be around. He loved what he did in the Marines and had many stories to share of his time in the Marines. He will be missed by all. My heart goes out to his family and friends. He was a great man.
Just a plain ole Patriot

Massillon, OH

#2 Mar 26, 2010
All I can say is a big THANK YOU Gunnery Sergeant Gilbert you made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. I will be praying for the family you left behind. The men and women of the Armed Forces that are serving our country deserve our support and prayers... Thank you to all who have given the ultimate sacrifice.
mark digney and family

Crossett, AR

#3 Mar 27, 2010
Our deepest condolences and heartfelt thanks for "gunneys" service to each and everyone of us in this land of ours.He will never be forgotten!
A Former Warrior

Mentor, OH

#4 Mar 27, 2010
Thanks for your service and sacrafice "gunny". HOOAH!!!!
John

Akron, OH

#5 Mar 27, 2010
What an honor and privelege it is to have such men protecting our country. God Bless Gunny Gilbert's friends and family in their time of loss and grieving.
jill dial

Lakewood, OH

#6 Mar 27, 2010
I was soo sad to hear of your passing....God bless Robert.......ty for serving our country......god sped....
Maryann

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Mar 27, 2010
Although I never met you, Rob, you were dearly loved by my sister and her sons who were friends of yours growing up. May God bless you. Thank you for your service, and well...for being such a special young man. I send heartfelt wishes to your family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cowboy Hat for Tyree 17 hr Homeless Wino Pete 4
Wheres Tyree 17 hr Homeless Wino Pete 6
Ohio.com Business Betty Lin-Fisher Women, minor... 21 hr Taxpayer 2
In Akron, white men rule. Will it change soon? 21 hr Taxpayer 3
2 arrested after chase involving Akron police D... 21 hr Dealer 1
Nathan millirons Wed allison houck 3
Akron teen shocked by hit-and-run driver; citat... Wed say what 1
Richfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web