Defense: Cutts is ``responsible and a...

Defense: Cutts is ``responsible and attentive father''

There are 120 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Feb 25, 2008, titled Defense: Cutts is ``responsible and attentive father''. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Bobby Cutts Jr. dabbed his eyes and nose and his lower lip shook while his mother testified this morning in an effort to save him from a possible death sentence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
KittyMom

Aiken, SC

#1 Feb 25, 2008
Boo-hoo-hoo...Bobby. What is wrong in Ohio that this murder is given more consideration than the his girlfriend and baby???
TFC

Youngstown, OH

#2 Feb 25, 2008
Oh Boo F*cking Hoo. Cry me a river and drown in it. oops....forgot. Sh!t don't sink....it floats. Better weight him down first.
CFHS 1983

Broadview Heights, OH

#3 Feb 25, 2008
How can he be called an attentive father when he left his son alone for 2 days and even said in his testimony that he wasn't a "priority" during those days?
My Two Cents

Louisville, OH

#4 Feb 25, 2008
Attentive father? Well, maybe....when he wasn't busy killing and hiding the body of his BABY'S MOTHER!!!
Thomas Oscrum

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Feb 25, 2008
How do we know he doesn't feel remose?
We need to be more feeling in our hearts. After all, did not Jesus say "Let ye, without sin, cast the first stone." ? I see this man crying everyday in court, and not all of it can be made up. Listen, he just lost his child and a woman he was involved in. Let us at least hear what he has to say.
Akron Mom

Akron, OH

#7 Feb 25, 2008
I feel for the guy's mom. You love your children no matter what they do (at least most moms) and the pain she is going through knowing her son will either spend the rest of his life in prison or be put to death must be the hardest thing she has ever gone through. My prayers are with his mom.
Boo Hoo Hoo

Herndon, VA

#10 Feb 25, 2008
It's amazing how the prospect of life in prison or the death penalty will do that to a man!
LAREED

Stow, OH

#11 Feb 25, 2008
I BELIEVE THAT HE DID WRONG AND I BELIEVE THAT HE IS SORRY FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE. BY PUTTING HIM TO DEATH DOESN'T SOLVE THE SOLUTION AND DOESN'T BRING BACK JESSIE DAVIS AND CHLOE. I BELIEVE THAT THERE HAS BEEN ENOUGH DYING. IT IS TIME FOR THE HEALING PROCESS TO BEGAN.
Tprincess

Richfield, OH

#12 Feb 25, 2008
Thomas Oscrum wrote:
We need to be more feeling in our hearts. After all, did not Jesus say "Let ye, without sin, cast the first stone." ? I see this man crying everyday in court, and not all of it can be made up. Listen, he just lost his child and a woman he was involved in. Let us at least hear what he has to say.
Are you kidding me? Have you followed the story? He cheated on his wife, has had numerous affairs, has had many run-ins with his career as an officer, he play video games when on duty, he "spread his seed" to who knows how many -- he killed in cold blood tried to hide it, denied and left his 2 year old child all alone after witnessing all of this. You have sympathy for this man because he can shed a tear??? Come on!
Hootie Hays

United States

#13 Feb 25, 2008
Thomas Oscrum wrote:
We need to be more feeling in our hearts. After all, did not Jesus say "Let ye, without sin, cast the first stone." ? n. Let us at least hear what he has to say.
That is true, let us hear what he has to say, then fry the piece of dirt! And by the way he didn't lose his child and girlfriend, he did away with them!
Orrville

Orrville, OH

#14 Feb 25, 2008
Thomas Oscrum wrote:
That is fine for him to feel remorse. I hope he does too. I still want him to have the death penalty because he needs to go somewhere else to get the help he needs. This planet can not provide him with the kind of help he needs. I do not want Cutts or the man that killed a relative of mine to go to hell. I do not want anyone to go to hell, but why should we provide a comfortable life for him. DO NOT tell me that he will NOT be comfortable. The man that killed my relative has a web site to request pen pals. He is able to communicate with loved ones too!! That is comfort. I just think that Bobby is a very sick person and so was the man that killed my family member. Go to heaven , get help, be better...BUT DO NOT USE OUR MONEY TO KEEP THEM COMFORTABLE.
hometown girl

United States

#15 Feb 25, 2008
Thomas Oscrum wrote:
Maybe you should do a little research before you spout off. How many commandments did he break? Can you count that high?
Saddam

Canton, OH

#16 Feb 25, 2008
Thomas Oscrum wrote:
I think we have heard enough from this killer-every word out of his mouth has been a lie! Now his defense tells us "don't hate him, he was a good athelete, and a great father to all his kids." I don't care if he was a good athelete, and I think he was a lousy father to his kids (of course, by 3 different women). Let's take care of this bum like my namesake, Saddam Hussein, and watch his head bobble after his neck snaps!
stish

Chagrin Falls, OH

#17 Feb 25, 2008
Capital punishment is a difficult subject. We are a society that believes that punishment should fit the crime. If I was Bobby Cutts, life sequestered in a locked cell would be unbearable. I would WANT to die. Therefore the death penalty is the easy way out. If executed, he suffers for a few seconds and it's over. Life in prison, he suffer every day for the rest of his life.

Since: Feb 08

Akron, OH

#18 Feb 25, 2008
Orrville wrote:
<quoted text>That is fine for him to feel remorse. I hope he does too. I still want him to have the death penalty because he needs to go somewhere else to get the help he needs. This planet can not provide him with the kind of help he needs. I do not want Cutts or the man that killed a relative of mine to go to hell. I do not want anyone to go to hell, but why should we provide a comfortable life for him. DO NOT tell me that he will NOT be comfortable. The man that killed my relative has a web site to request pen pals. He is able to communicate with loved ones too!! That is comfort. I just think that Bobby is a very sick person and so was the man that killed my family member. Go to heaven , get help, be better...BUT DO NOT USE OUR MONEY TO KEEP THEM COMFORTABLE.
I partially agree with your point.. We should not pay for this scum to be comfortable. But sticking a needle into his arm so he can slowly drift to "sleep" is not good enough in my opinion. jessie died in fear, and died brutally. he either deserves to die just as brutally or to rot in prison.
J Clark

Medina, OH

#19 Feb 25, 2008
The real tragedy is that this deplorable and disgraceful mollycoddling American judicial system will spare bobby cutts the death penalty because the heart bleeding jury will sympathize with his truth twisting attorneys. Face it, jurors are heart bleeding morons. Here's what the jury should consider regardless of what his truth twisting defense attorneys claim...
Bobby Cutts's childhood- IRRELEVANT!!!
Bobby Cutts' service to his community-IRRELEVANT!!!
Bobby Cutts' state of mind at the time of the murder- IRRELEVANT!!!
Bobby Cutts' academic record- IRRELEVANT!!!
Bobby Cutts' performance as a police officer- IRRELEVANT!!!
The only thing that is relevant is whether or not he committed the crime; PERIOD!!! I couldn't careless about his childhood, whether or not he's insane or whether or not he lettered in baseball because it's all IRRELEVANT!!!
This pig deserves no less than death; PERIOD! Get tough America and demand that murderers be exterminated!
cat luva

Canton, OH

#20 Feb 25, 2008
You know what guys, It comes down to this. Let me break it down. Ok, here's the story, a police officer, in fact I believe elbowed her in the throat to get him off of her, being a cop, hes like "o crap, theyre never gonna believe this one", so he freaks out, and tries to hide it. Boom, his conscience is bothering him so bad he leads the authorities to the body. Now, at this point, ya, he's showing remorse but I think more so, he's thinkin the whole "coulda woulda shoulda" IF he had called 911, said it was an accident, we're lookin at, manslaughter, 10-15 years, parolled at 5, AND if he called 911 they could have saved that baby. I i think you people are looking at his lifestyle, granted it wasnt cool what he was doing, u gotta get around that. And not saying Jesse was an angel either, BUT that dosent earn anyone the right to die. You reap what you sew.
circling the drain

Cleveland, OH

#21 Feb 25, 2008
re: Bobby Cutts being citizen of the year, according to Atty Watson: Al Capone also played Santa at his church every Christmas and gave the kiddies lots of toys...he also financed some soup kitchens...never mind that he was a monster...maybe Bobby should get a Carnegie medal instead of the needle. Hell must hold a special place for defense attorneys who speak with forked tongues.
Just Me Over Here

Cleveland, OH

#22 Feb 25, 2008
Let's See.....

1. He had a nine year old daughter who he threw things at, he bit her and called her names. The child is terrifed of him.

2. He went off to have another child who he was never there for because he was way too busy out getting his wick dipped.

3. He went on to have a third child who he said was not a top priority and left the child alone in a home for over 24 hours to fend for himself.

4. He had a fourth child who he killed because he was too much of a low life punk to support her.

Sure Bobby Cutts is a GREAT Dad and today I became the Queen of England!!

Someobdy get me my tea and crumpets!!!!
J Clark

Medina, OH

#23 Feb 25, 2008
Thomas Oscrum wrote:
You are a bleeding heart molly coddling liberal. It's people jusat like you that make the American judicvial system despicable and a national disgrace!

Don't EVER PRETEND to know what Jesus thinks or would do because you would be WRONG! TRUST ME!!!

What the world needs is IRON FISTED DISCIPLINE!!!

REMORSEFUL??? SO WHAT!!! IRRELEVANT!!!

A GOOD FATHER??? SO WHAT!!! IRRELEVANT!!!

What is RELEVANT is that he's been found guilty of murder... PERIOD!!!

If there must be victims of crime, let it be the bleeding hearts just like YOU!!!

This animal should die... PERIOD! End of discussion!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Akron considers housing tax abatements Apr 15 Mr Shhhhh 1
News Akron woman left children behind to visit boyfr... Apr 11 Mr Shhhhh 1
What happened to Krista (Apr '10) Apr 10 Remembering 7
News Akron woman accused of stabbing man over cheati... Apr 5 Mr Shhhhh 1
News Traffic Tickets And Court Costs Can Be Too Much... Apr 5 Mr Shhhhh 1
News Lorain prison worker arrested after crystal met... Apr 4 Mr Shhhhh 1
More classy Nagel-isms (Apr '10) Apr 4 INDICT PAUL RYAN 110

Richfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance