Review: Remington Medical Resorts

Review: Remington Medical Resorts

Posted in the Richardson Forum

Michele Gibson

Austin, TX

#1 Jun 22, 2010
I toured Remington Medical Spa in Richardson, TX over the weekend and found it to be a most inviting place for someone to complete their rehab program. The rooms were spacious and the common areas were decorated very tastefully. I had a friend whose mother went to Remington after she broke her leg and she had a wonderful experience there.
Love it

Plano, TX

#2 Oct 16, 2010
Remington Medical Resorts is a wonderful place to stay for rehab. The nurses are excellent and the nursing assistance are wonderful and just everyone from thearpy to cooking staff everything was awsome. I enjoyed my stay there and now i'm home fully recovered with the family.
Leslie Owens

Dallas, TX

#3 Nov 7, 2010
Something is going on with this place. My Mom stayed there in July after her hip was replaced and there were a few minor incidents that were worked through after about two weeks. My Mom recently was moved there after her other hip surgery this past Friday and we experienced loads of issues....on her arrival from the hospital at 6:00pm they were not ready for her at all! In the bathroom there was feces left in a bucket, no walker without wheels per her doctors instructions, prescriptions were delayed to the point my Mom waited over an hour to receive pain meds! Duplicate meds were offered again in the morning... thank God my sister never left! Today my sister and my father are removing her immediately from this facility. Again... something is going on there and until it gets worked out I would not recommend this place at all.

Rowlett, TX

#4 May 22, 2012
Well, things have gotten worse since the prior posts. My 86 your old mother was there after double knee replacement. Her physical therapists were great. The nursing staff was not. She was basically on her own. The nursing staff was very uncaring.
Bertha Redd RN

San Antonio, TX

#5 Jan 25, 2014
My mother, age 81, was a patient at Remington Medical Resort in San Antonio Texas from january 17-24, 2014. She was post hip replacement surgery. The experience she had borders on neglect, subtle racism and anoverall poor, humane care. Nursing care , particularly compassion, was almost non-existent. Staff failed to check on her, neglected to assist her in "assisted" transfers, the OTA, Melinda , gave the impression that she was afraid to touch my mom and was observed while performing therapy service and, unbeknownst to her,giving a negative non-verbal reaction to her counterpart employee in response to my mom's slow physical attempt to transfer. Repeated complaints to supervisory staff yielded apologies and promises of investigations into our concerns, but after no real evidence of improvement, our family removed my mom from this facility. I would not recommend this facility to any human being. While the ambiance of the facility is visually appealing, the only "resort" component were the luggage valet positioned inside the front entryway and the black limousine parked outside in the breezeway.Shame on you in administrative positions - W. Collins. I Griever and Dr. M. Pecha to perpetrate such a shameful example of a medically appropriate environment conducive to recovery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richardson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Romero criticizes El Paso Times investigation 10 min chicken little 6
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 1 hr Galt76 8,580
News Was it caution or Islamaphobia that resulted in... 13 hr dartgame 11
News Muslim spokesman: As boy departs, Muslims feel ... 13 hr dartgame 2
Review: DFW Executive Limo 20 hr ned2010 2
News Share your memories of JFK's assassination (Nov '08) 21 hr Clint Murchison 12
News Vice President Joe Biden continues visit to Hou... Mon Meet farts 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richardson Mortgages