Letters: Uphold benefits

Letters: Uphold benefits

There are 23 comments on the El Paso Times story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Letters: Uphold benefits. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

I would like to encourage the voters of El Paso to elect persons to the City Council who are in favor of equal rights for all.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
a reader

El Paso, TX

#1 Apr 14, 2011
i'm pretty sure 95% of el pasoans feel the same way candy fell the same way, except for mayor cook and several others in our city council. we need to vote them out!
a reader

El Paso, TX

#2 Apr 14, 2011
meant to type feel the same way.
Really Are YOU For REAL

United States

#3 Apr 14, 2011
Hey Wilma, you obviously don't pay taxes. I'm not paying for benefits for somebody's boyfriend or girlfriend, UNLESS, you pay the $500.00 monthly premium for MY family. How about that Wilma, what do ya say? Awwww c'mon!

People like you make me sick! Pay for you son's benefits yourself, don't ask the hard working public to do what YOU should do.
Bobby

El Paso, TX

#4 Apr 14, 2011
Just the other day the anglos in El Paso were being called racist and now we have Ray Duran writing:

'It is time for Hispanics to exercise their "real" strength -- at the voting booth. We will never matter unless we use our voting strength.'

So now Ray wants people to vote based on race.

Very interesting.
Really Are YOU For REAL

United States

#5 Apr 14, 2011
Great idea Candy!! I think we should even go further. We should start confiscating their plates. Thats right Mayor, whenever they get a ticket, WE keep their plates until THEY pay the fine.

Of course though, Mayor Cook doesn't have the backbone to do that. He's a butt kisser. He'd rather go after pet stores, a really hot front burner issue.
Kyle

El Paso, TX

#6 Apr 14, 2011
Bobby wrote:
Just the other day the anglos in El Paso were being called racist and now we have Ray Duran writing:
'It is time for Hispanics to exercise their "real" strength -- at the voting booth. We will never matter unless we use our voting strength.'
Very interesting.
I'll bet "Hispanic Ray" doesn't consider himself to be a racist.
Really Are YOU For REAL

United States

#7 Apr 14, 2011
Hey Racist Ray, El Paso is 89% hispanic, according to your compadre FEDUP, so just WHO is voting here in El Paso, the non-existant gringos?

Get your head out of your butt pendejo, us Hispanics are tired of paying for the lazy and the illegal also. It's only simpletons like yourself that can stomach them. Oh, and the Mayor and city council, totally worthless fools.
Voter

El Paso, TX

#8 Apr 14, 2011
I encourage voters to vote all the city council men out of office who voted or same sex partners act. Especially
O Rourke, Susie Byrd and Ortega.
Voter

El Paso, TX

#9 Apr 14, 2011
How can the Hispanics vote if I would say 75% are illegal aliens.
Gus

United States

#10 Apr 14, 2011
Bobby wrote:
Very interesting.
As long as people like Ray Duran think and vote as Latinos/Hispanics first, they will always be disappointed. You have to choose what you are; AMERICAN or not. You cannot be both. Whether I vote as a Democrat, Independent, or Rublican, I vote as an AMERICAN. There is no other option.
Kris

El Paso, TX

#11 Apr 14, 2011
I love the letter about giving benefits to gay people. These folks have suffered far too long under the boot of oppression and have had to do their business in the closet or in rest stop bathrooms. I say we give them what they need and stop persecuting and hounding these people. Gays are people just like us in every way.
james russell ret

El Paso, TX

#12 Apr 14, 2011
Voting is not the problem. Voting without looking at the ballot is the problem. Take away the "all party vote button so the voter actually has to look at the candidates' names and make a decision. El Paso has a large hispanic population but not everyone one of them are qualified to vote as some are here illegally and others are here on work visas green cards and pre-citizenship status that precludes them voting. Then there are the hispanic voter who have been here for years and years who ask who they should vote for to please their families or cannot read the ballots on the machine because they are illiterate or don't understand because they have refused to learn any English whatsoever. But then if you look at the whole voting block in El Paso you could probably say the same thing about the voters based on the percentage those who vote are illiterate anyway.

As to voting on the municipal stage: Those running for office on the City council should be voted for the stand they make about "Partners Benefits" I could care less if the "partners" are same sex or opposite sex. If the city grants benefits to the Partner then they are crazy. Why should anyone vote to support a person that is not legal entitled to benefits. The person's children qualified by adoption, real live birth to him or her by blood, or Legal marriage as defined by state law at this present time or ex-spouse by order of the court.
james russell ret

El Paso, TX

#13 Apr 14, 2011
You gripe about the trucks from Mexico tying up the traffic at the border crossing or causing accidents with the appearance the drivers get off without any enforcement action whatsoever. Well you need a real lesson in criminal and traffic law. You cannot not cit a person or file a charge without presenting enough probable cause to do so. Also you cannot make these trucks go away. Presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama have sealed a deal with the NAFTA Treaty that allows these illiterate Mexican drivers the right to take their loads all the way to New York or Chicago if they wish. The only way to stop them is if the safety inspector find cause to put the truck or the drivers out of service. Rules that state these driver must be able to speak and understand English well enough to assist the inspector during the inspections is being disregarded by the local court judges and some of the inspectors are unsure if they can write the drivers citations for failure to understand English (391.11B) that is if it is still on the rules anymore. The federal government is now responsible for any thing that happens when these trucks and drivers fail the test and cause death and destruction on our city streets.
Bobby

El Paso, TX

#14 Apr 14, 2011
WOW - j r ret found his podium and lecture form again. It's hard to tell just how knowledgeable we would be w/o him.
Confused

El Paso, TX

#15 Apr 14, 2011
City Rep. Ortega always sides with what is better for Juarez than El Paso. So I am surprised he is not seen cheering the collection of fees from U.S. drivers in Mexico. He yelled loudly against the idea of holding drivers from Mexico more responsible for their actions here. He must have missed the article. Drivers from Mexico do what they like here in El Paso. There seems to be some inferiority/guilt complex going on in the city. Give all sympathy to Juarez and let them do what they like to us.
Mozart

El Paso, TX

#16 Apr 14, 2011
Kris wrote:
I love the letter about giving benefits to gay people. These folks have suffered far too long under the boot of oppression and have had to do their business in the closet or in rest stop bathrooms. I say we give them what they need and stop persecuting and hounding these people. Gays are people just like us in every way.
Kris if you want to be around more people like you, go to the intersection of Montana and Justice Drive, at the El Paso County Sheriff's Office Headquarters and ask for Richard.
ued

El Paso, TX

#17 Apr 14, 2011
Really Are YOU For REAL wrote:
Great idea Candy!! I think we should even go further. We should start confiscating their plates. Thats right Mayor, whenever they get a ticket, WE keep their plates until THEY pay the fine.
Of course though, Mayor Cook doesn't have the backbone to do that. He's a butt kisser. He'd rather go after pet stores, a really hot front burner issue.
Why not set up a concentration camp,while you are at it,ole great one! Get yourself a white boy's white boy that looks and sounds like Glen Beck to carry a bull whip and beat hell out of all them that ain't Lilly white like him and can't name the last 10 vice presidents of this wonderful country.In Wazoo they take the plates of foreign cars too but they em-pound the cars too.A little well placed money stops that kind of bs there, may be here too,Einstein. What is good for the gander is good for the goose too? Turn this place into Nazi land.Like when the Nazi's knocked on Jew's doors late at night and said," don't worry,we are only here because your house is on fire".
Really Are YOU For REAL

United States

#18 Apr 14, 2011
ued wrote:
<quoted text> Why not set up a concentration camp,while you are at it,ole great one! Get yourself a white boy's white boy that looks and sounds like Glen Beck to carry a bull whip and beat hell out of all them that ain't Lilly white like him and can't name the last 10 vice presidents of this wonderful country.In Wazoo they take the plates of foreign cars too but they em-pound the cars too.A little well placed money stops that kind of bs there, may be here too,Einstein. What is good for the gander is good for the goose too? Turn this place into Nazi land.Like when the Nazi's knocked on Jew's doors late at night and said," don't worry,we are only here because your house is on fire".
See everyone? What did I tell ya, the Troll is alive and well...ued? STFU, you are a TOTAL idiot. When you were born, your momma said what a treasure, your daddy said bury it. LMAO
james russell ret

El Paso, TX

#19 Apr 14, 2011
Bobby wrote:
WOW - j r ret found his podium and lecture form again. It's hard to tell just how knowledgeable we would be w/o him.
Bobby all you have to do is go on line and find the Federal Motor carrier rules and regulations under the Department of Highway Safety Administration and buy your copy. I worked on the trucks inspecting them for several years and dead lined a great many vehicles and drivers. NAFTA is a bad issue the Three lousy Presidents, Clinton,Bush and Obama have forced down our throats.

As for the voters well neither party has a handle on the voting for single party ticket button, or they do and won't give it up. And the voters are as stupid by pushing that button.
ued

El Paso, TX

#20 Apr 15, 2011
Really Are YOU For REAL wrote:
<quoted text>
See everyone? What did I tell ya, the Troll is alive and well...ued? STFU, you are a TOTAL idiot. When you were born, your momma said what a treasure, your daddy said bury it. LMAO
Well I'LL be. A homophobic bible toting Spanish speaking coconut or Oreo right here in town.Ya Right! Brown on the outside and white in the middle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richardson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama burns ANOTHER U.S. ALLY.....Down In Flame... 4 hr The Truth 1
Frito lay's greco bails 6 hr guest 8
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 6 hr Logic Analysis 209
Just saw Donald Trump wife poses naked kissing ... 20 hr Yesterday 23
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 20 hr WarForOil 9,430
Geo W 20 hr Taxpayer 2
News Irving, Texas man indicted for running scheme t... (Jan '07) 21 hr ghost 7

Richardson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richardson Mortgages