Giles drug problem
a true story

Pembroke, VA

#41 Dec 31, 2012
Matt Conley wrote:
<quoted text>
You're implying that only people who use those drugs commit those crimes, when that is simply not the case. You're also using synonymous verbs to extend meaning, which only works on those who are illiterate. Swindling requires two parties; if you fall for it, the only fault is your own.
I can go drink a 12-pack and crash in to innocent families, yet alcohol is not illegal. Funny thing is, drugs like cocaine increase awareness, and smoking pot often times increases concentration in users.
People who have mental disabilities and take anti-psychotic and anti-depressants are more susceptible to violent tendencies, yet new prescriptions are handed out every day. Both of the recent mass-murderers were on a form of these prescription drugs.
The simple fact is something becomes a crime only when it is made illegal. Being that they are illegal, it also increases the cost for users due to legal stigmas. By increasing the cost, you increase the likelihood of crime as it becomes harder for those addicted to these drugs to acquire it.
Yet again, I ask you, why would you waste over $30,000 of taxpayers money over the decisions of "free" individuals during their conscious time on this planet? The easiest route rarely leads to the truth. Remember this and you may find answers that surprise you.
So drugs are good for you, huh? I had a co-worker that smoked pot, he often missed work or came in late. We could all tell the days he was stoned and on the job. How he never got hurt was a miracle. After our company instituted mandatory random drug testing he naturally failed when his name was picked. He could have been fired, but was given a second chance IF he tested clean 30 days later. He knew the test was coming, and not only failed it again, he tested for a higher amount of marijuana (along with some other stuff) than the first time! Don't tell me marijuana isn't addictive and is harmless; last time I saw my friend he was working at a car wash in Roanoke for minimum wage. He went from 40 grand a year to nothing. Yes marijuana is a wonderful thing.
Good Grief

Lewisburg, WV

#42 Dec 31, 2012
geez wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you defend illegal drug users? Are you one?
If the stuff was legalized and sold by the government like liquor,they wouldn't be illegal drug users.That would get rid of the criminal involvement the way it did with alcohol after Prohibition ended.It wouldn't be perfect,but better than whar's going on now.
Haha

Moneta, VA

#43 Dec 31, 2012
So because people could buy government meth or pot they wouldn't make their own? Sure. Failed attempt at a weak argument
Good Grief

Lewisburg, WV

#44 Dec 31, 2012
Haha wrote:
So because people could buy government meth or pot they wouldn't make their own? Sure. Failed attempt at a weak argument
Not very many people try to make illegal booze.Too easy to buy it at the store.
Matt Conley

Oakvale, WV

#45 Dec 31, 2012
you bore me wrote:
<quoted text>
If you hate America so much why dont you buy a one way ticket and get the he*& out?
Typical response from a closed-minded narcissist who only prefers things the way they see fit, regardless of the freedom of choice of others.
geez wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you defend illegal drug users? Are you one?
I defend gay marriage, so that must make a homosexual under your logic. Act like an adult or remain quiet like a child.
a true story wrote:
<quoted text>
So drugs are good for you, huh? I had a co-worker that smoked pot, he often missed work or came in late. We could all tell the days he was stoned and on the job. How he never got hurt was a miracle. After our company instituted mandatory random drug testing he naturally failed when his name was picked. He could have been fired, but was given a second chance IF he tested clean 30 days later. He knew the test was coming, and not only failed it again, he tested for a higher amount of marijuana (along with some other stuff) than the first time! Don't tell me marijuana isn't addictive and is harmless; last time I saw my friend he was working at a car wash in Roanoke for minimum wage. He went from 40 grand a year to nothing. Yes marijuana is a wonderful thing.
So despite any scientific data you still lay down claim that something is addictive due to the inability of a person to control impulses? By that person making terrible decisions in their lives, that somehow makes others the same way? Marijuana is illegal, so he shouldn't have been able to get it anyways. Oh wait.....

I never said DRUGS are harmless. I said marijuana is harmless. Your little buddy who has no impulse control does NOT represent the entirety of a population. I guess since alcohol is addictive and ruins lives, relationships, and careers we should make it illegal as well. Nevermind, we already tried that and it was a MISERABLE failure.

The point I'm making here is that regardless of nomenclature, scientific data, or moral foundations it is not within the right of another person or a governing body to inhibit the liberties of another person. That is the purpose of the Constitution, something so many of you and your ancestors have disregarded for more than a century.
Haha wrote:
You do realize the amount of work it takes to do either of those things right? Why would you make it if you can go to the store and get a safer (perspective), similarly priced product? It also wouldn't be government made, just like alcohol isn't. It only adheres to mandate and quality control. I can brew my own alcohol. Why cant I grow my own pot? I, of course, do neither of those things; but the purpose of argument is Liberty.
glad ppl lie

Moneta, VA

#46 Jan 1, 2013
I know this Adam person everyone is talking about and I will just say. Adam stop lying and maybe everyone would stop posting the truth about you. I know you was not a good boy last night and your business is being told to ppl by a girl Adam a girl I said. There is three ppl involved in the whole post thing and they have called the cops and I don't know what's going to happen. The rat was with you last night that calls us up and tells us where you are. She is not ur friend and the ppl that is your friend you have turned your back on. Tum Tum you have hurt us for the last time and drugs means the world to you and friendship is shit. New year and less room for drugs. Joking aside I give you a month to clean up or I call probation again. Oxys don't rule your life you do.
lol

United States

#47 Jan 1, 2013
Then who was he with if you're so fking smart
twink

Pembroke, VA

#48 Jan 1, 2013
"I defend gay marriage, so that must make a homosexual under your logic. Act like an adult or remain quiet like a child."

whats 2 perverts trying to marry each other got to do with dope addicts?
Matt Conley

Oakvale, WV

#49 Jan 1, 2013
twink wrote:
"I defend gay marriage, so that must make a homosexual under your logic. Act like an adult or remain quiet like a child."
whats 2 perverts trying to marry each other got to do with dope addicts?
Not sure if serious or just trolling...
Ok listin up

Minneapolis, MN

#50 Jan 2, 2013
You guys don't know shit about anything your talking about. Adam may be guilty of selling a dime bag or two but as long as ur focused on him the "bigger fish" are laughing at y'all the same as I am... The "real" drug dealers are way more careful and in a tighter knitted circle that is hard to penetrate. I have been around the block and I can't say that I'm proud of it just that I'm glad I'm out and it's a good thing none of you are investigators lmao chill out and quit posting about people you obviously don't know. And leave adam alone he's a good dude and he couldn't be a drug dealer if he tried. Believe me Ive known him sense we were kids. Come on ppl....
lol

Princeton, WV

#51 Jan 2, 2013
i love adam tooo
sexy

Princeton, WV

#52 Jan 2, 2013
So do i
Funny lol

Ardsley, NY

#53 Jan 3, 2013
Good Grief wrote:
<quoted text>
Not very many people try to make illegal booze.Too easy to buy it at the store.
Apparently you don't know much about illegal booze then because shine is made all over Giles & surrounding counties. It doesn't matter what they sell in stores people still like their shine & brandy. Sometimes you make valid points about stuff but sorry this isn't one of them. You just made me laugh.
Good Grief

Lewisburg, WV

#54 Jan 3, 2013
Funny lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you don't know much about illegal booze then because shine is made all over Giles & surrounding counties. It doesn't matter what they sell in stores people still like their shine & brandy. Sometimes you make valid points about stuff but sorry this isn't one of them. You just made me laugh.
Yes,dear everybody knows about that.But there's not international trafficking in moonshine.lol
Funny LOL

Ardsley, NY

#55 Jan 3, 2013
Good Grief wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,dear everybody knows about that.But there's not international trafficking in moonshine.lol
I will agree with ya bout the international trafficking thing however I have seen it trafficked across the country.
a question

Pembroke, VA

#56 Jan 4, 2013
If pot isnt addictive and habit forming, why do users keep doing it? If its not like cigarettes or alcohol why is it so hard to quit? Pot makes you lazy, unable to operate a car, and not able to make decisions, so why do people do it?
true

Peterstown, WV

#57 Jan 4, 2013
Giles does have a drug problem I don't want my kids to get on drugs there needs to be a stop to all the drugs
Matt Conley

Oakvale, WV

#58 Jan 4, 2013
a question wrote:
If pot isnt addictive and habit forming, why do users keep doing it? If its not like cigarettes or alcohol why is it so hard to quit? Pot makes you lazy, unable to operate a car, and not able to make decisions, so why do people do it?
Please find me a source which proves marijuana is physically addicting. Just because one person has trouble putting away marijuana does not make it physically addicting for another. People who become mentally addicted to it have a hard time putting anything down, from video games to cheeseburgers. High cholesterol kills more people per year than most drugs, yet people have a hard time putting those down too. It must be addictive! Ban it! It ruins lives! Stop trying to make decisions for other people and concern yourself with YOUR life, Im sure there is plenty of room for improvement just like the rest of us.
true wrote:
Giles does have a drug problem I don't want my kids to get on drugs there needs to be a stop to all the drugs
Be a good, proactive parent and the likelihood of your child becoming addicted to drugs will be far less. If they become a drug addict even with great parenting, it was bound to happen no matter where you are or what the legislation is. Dont expect the government to keep your kids in check for you (not saying that you do).
hemp head

Pembroke, VA

#59 Jan 5, 2013
Matt Conley wrote:
<quoted text>
Please find me a source which proves marijuana is physically addicting. Just because one person has trouble putting away marijuana does not make it physically addicting for another. People who become mentally addicted to it have a hard time putting anything down, from video games to cheeseburgers. High cholesterol kills more people per year than most drugs, yet people have a hard time putting those down too. It must be addictive! Ban it! It ruins lives! Stop trying to make decisions for other people and concern yourself with YOUR life, Im sure there is plenty of room for improvement just like the rest of us.
<quoted text>
Be a good, proactive parent and the likelihood of your child becoming addicted to drugs will be far less. If they become a drug addict even with great parenting, it was bound to happen no matter where you are or what the legislation is. Dont expect the government to keep your kids in check for you (not saying that you do).
Nothin i luv beter thein to burn a fat doobie then go get 6 big macs and eat them. then i take a nap til the weed wears offf and then smoke some mo!!
opinions

United States

#60 Jan 10, 2013
haha wrote:
Like it or not, drug use has become socially acceptable nowadays. It is so common to see people open about it, and friends and girlfriends going along with it.

Bullcrap! Drugs are not socially acceptable. Is that your excuse?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rich Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Told ya Victoria.. 2 hr Anthony 15
willie neice (May '15) 8 hr THE 540 BITCH 33
Hardee's 11 hr Hot cakes 30
Pembroke Drug Problem (Jul '16) 11 hr Slick 8
Wallace Thrasher (Aug '10) 21 hr Marvin 248
Rob holston Sun Andy 1
Tyler Agee Mar 23 Dumb people talk 6

Rich Creek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance