First Prev
of 5
Next Last
i wonder why

Newport, VA

#1 Dec 27, 2012
Why is there such a drug problem in Giles and other nearby areas? Seems like its worse than at any time in recent history. Use to be everybody maybe took a drink now and then and even smoked a little weed, but now its prescription drugs, cocaine, heroin, crystal meth, inhaling spray cans, etc. Are people dumber these days? Only the weak use illegal drugs, 30 years ago Id never imagined so many fools would now live in this area. Drug heads, small (and big time) dealers, etc. And other crimes are up like stealing in order to get goods to sell for dope money. Why does someone want to put this garbage in their bodies?
stupid

Roanoke, VA

#2 Dec 27, 2012
It's because we allow them to sell here. Adam is the biggest in Giles. We don't stop them why would they leave!
Wondering

Salem, VA

#3 Dec 28, 2012
Who the h--- is Adam?
haha

Princeton, WV

#4 Dec 28, 2012
Like it or not, drug use has become socially acceptable nowadays. It is so common to see people open about it, and friends and girlfriends going along with it.
sick nasty

United States

#5 Dec 28, 2012
Y'all need to focus on the actuall slingers not sum1 u hear about.. its better to mind your own.. I'm a friend of Adam.. he has a history of doing bad but that shouldn't reflect on him now just bc his friends do it doesn't mean he is. If u only knew who the real slingers were u would feel stupid just saying. But seriously mind your own it'll save the drama
Idk

Princeton, WV

#6 Dec 28, 2012
Not socially acceptable as a whole, just amoung peer groups. The sad thing is that the people who try it in a party setting get hooked, then it's down hill. I'm not talking about the pot heads, I'm talking about the meth heads and pill heads. Meth is about 96% addictive on the first hit. That is very scary, especially considering the effects and the chemicals used in production. Education is the key, and as a society we are failing our kids by not educating them on the horrible after effects of hard drug use. DARE is a good program, but we really need to focus on the high school age group more. There are no programs in place for our young adults
sick nasty

United States

#7 Dec 28, 2012
Your right they need to know the after effects, I hope the best for them that's all I can say..
Well

Princeton, WV

#8 Dec 28, 2012
There are drug problems in every town and city. Why are people so quick to put down where they live or where they are from? If you're not happy with where you live then move but you're gonna quickly find that other areas are the same. It's a damn shame people are hooked on drugs and they are now starting to legalize them.
Hmm

Salem, VA

#9 Dec 28, 2012
You mean that Giles has a drug problem?
mother

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Dec 28, 2012
Hmm wrote:
You mean that Giles has a drug problem?
f uck u please help
Matt Conley

Roanoke, VA

#11 Dec 29, 2012
Drugs are not the problem, people are the problem. Do you really think it is worth it to throw people in prison and cost taxpayers $30,000+ a year over victimless crimes? If someone wants to put something in their body, how is that your or the governments problem? It's this thing called Liberty, it is what our founding fathers fought a war for 2 years against a tyrannical state militia over. Our founding fathers would be disgusted at the complacent, liberty-undermining populace we call our society. Deal with your own problems before trying to legislate others.

inb4 "You must do drugs;" Rational arguments only, please.
Problems

Princeton, WV

#12 Dec 29, 2012
It becomes our problem when the junkies steal, rob, swindle to get money to buy their junk. It's also our problem when the mindless dope heads get messed up and get behind the wheel and crash into innocent families. It's our problem when cracked out meth heads lose all sense and attack and/or injure others during their psychotic meltdowns. Victimless crime, dream on sleeping beauty
Matt Conley

Roanoke, VA

#13 Dec 29, 2012
Problems wrote:
It becomes our problem when the junkies steal, rob, swindle to get money to buy their junk. It's also our problem when the mindless dope heads get messed up and get behind the wheel and crash into innocent families. It's our problem when cracked out meth heads lose all sense and attack and/or injure others during their psychotic meltdowns. Victimless crime, dream on sleeping beauty
You're implying that only people who use those drugs commit those crimes, when that is simply not the case. You're also using synonymous verbs to extend meaning, which only works on those who are illiterate. Swindling requires two parties; if you fall for it, the only fault is your own.

I can go drink a 12-pack and crash in to innocent families, yet alcohol is not illegal. Funny thing is, drugs like cocaine increase awareness, and smoking pot often times increases concentration in users.

People who have mental disabilities and take anti-psychotic and anti-depressants are more susceptible to violent tendencies, yet new prescriptions are handed out every day. Both of the recent mass-murderers were on a form of these prescription drugs.

The simple fact is something becomes a crime only when it is made illegal. Being that they are illegal, it also increases the cost for users due to legal stigmas. By increasing the cost, you increase the likelihood of crime as it becomes harder for those addicted to these drugs to acquire it.

Yet again, I ask you, why would you waste over $30,000 of taxpayers money over the decisions of "free" individuals during their conscious time on this planet? The easiest route rarely leads to the truth. Remember this and you may find answers that surprise you.
Problems

Princeton, WV

#14 Dec 29, 2012
Apples and oranges. That is comparing alcohol to drugs and is the stereotypical argument made by drug enthusiast. Yes, alcohol related crashes kill innocent people every day but are you aware of the added cost to convict people suspected of duid vs DUI? The police can process alcohol/breath at the sheriffs office. Duid cases require blood samples, tox screened by lab professionals who then have to come to court on more tax dollars to put poor drug head jimmy in jail. Now lets talk about another issue, how many kids die each year from fetal toxic poisoning of alcohol? How many are born with severe birth defects caused by miller light? How many explosions and fires are caused by beer labs? How many people contacted hep c from sharing a beer can? Apparently you don't have kids, if you did you could not honestly say a drug induced America is better than a drug free America. The war on drugs may be on-going and costly, but if it saves some of the kids/parents it is money well spent
Matt Conley

Roanoke, VA

#15 Dec 29, 2012
Problems wrote:
Apples and oranges. That is comparing alcohol to drugs and is the stereotypical argument made by drug enthusiast. Yes, alcohol related crashes kill innocent people every day but are you aware of the added cost to convict people suspected of duid vs DUI? The police can process alcohol/breath at the sheriffs office. Duid cases require blood samples, tox screened by lab professionals who then have to come to court on more tax dollars to put poor drug head jimmy in jail. Now lets talk about another issue, how many kids die each year from fetal toxic poisoning of alcohol? How many are born with severe birth defects caused by miller light? How many explosions and fires are caused by beer labs? How many people contacted hep c from sharing a beer can? Apparently you don't have kids, if you did you could not honestly say a drug induced America is better than a drug free America. The war on drugs may be on-going and costly, but if it saves some of the kids/parents it is money well spent
You do realize that cost would substantially offset by not throwing every person they catch smoking pot in prison, right? This logic shouldn't even have to be debated, it's simple economics.

http://fasdcenter.samhsa.gov/educationTrainin...

"Alcohol is a teratogen, a substance that can harm a fetus. Research has established that maternal alcohol consumption is the leading preventable cause of birth defects and childhood disability in the United States."

Please at least use google before asking weighted questions. Hell, even men consuming alcohol before conception can cause defects.

A buddy of mine was brewing his own alcohol and mis-calculated the amount yeast required. Once he applied relieving pressure to the cork, it shot upwards and hit him in the forehead leaving him with a severe concussion. Ive even heard of glass bottles exploding, sending shrapnel through the immediate vicinity. That could easily kill a child or an adult. It may not compare to the explosion of a meth lab, however any person can create an equally as large explosion with chemicals under their cabinet. Look up white yeast explosions on google.

I can get Hep C from having sex. Should that be illegal as well?

Do not twist my words, that shows very poor character on your part. Just because people have the freedom to do something does not mean they will do it. Skydiving release immense amounts of adrenaline, a chemical which alters ones perception or reality (the definition of drug). I have the freedom to do it, yet never have. Will I one day? Maybe, that is my choice to make, not anyone elses. Those who already do drugs will continue to do so regardless of legislation, social stigma, or consequence.

What was Benjamin Franklins view on your opinion of safety over liberty?

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
secret

Peterstown, WV

#16 Dec 29, 2012
It's a lil weed not a big deal yea coke and meth stuff like that is bad but lay off pot there's nothin wrong with smokin pot drinking is worse than smokin pot you always hear about people wrecking when there drunk how many people have u heard of smokin and wrecking none
concerned mother

Roanoke, VA

#17 Dec 29, 2012
Matt Conley wrote:
<quoted text>You're implying that only people who use those drugs commit those crimes, when that is simply not the case. You're also using synonymous verbs to extend meaning, which only works on those who are illiterate. Swindling requires two parties; if you fall for it, the only fault is your own.

I can go drink a 12-pack and crash in to innocent families, yet alcohol is not illegal. Funny thing is, drugs like cocaine increase awareness, and smoking pot often times increases concentration in users.

People who have mental disabilities and take anti-psychotic and anti-depressants are more susceptible to violent tendencies, yet new prescriptions are handed out every day. Both of the recent mass-murderers were on a form of these prescription drugs.

The simple fact is something becomes a crime only when it is made illegal. Being that they are illegal, it also increases the cost for users due to legal stigmas. By increasing the cost, you increase the likelihood of crime as it becomes harder for those addicted to these drugs to acquire it.

Yet again, I ask you, why would you waste over $30,000 of taxpayers money over the decisions of "free" individuals during their conscious time on this planet? The easiest route rarely leads to the truth. Remember this and you may find answers that surprise you.
It's simple dumb as s!!! It fuc king illegal and that's the bottom line. If you think it's ok to do any illegal drug then you are a pos just like the other junkies. This Adam kid is a big problem I have seen him today like three times in Virginia heights. Why is his friends letting him fall down so far. If there not letting him then he should fall for not listening. It's as simple as this..... If its illegal don't do it..
Wondering

Salem, VA

#18 Dec 29, 2012
concerned mother wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simple dumb as s!!! It fuc king illegal and that's the bottom line. If you think it's ok to do any illegal drug then you are a pos just like the other junkies. This Adam kid is a big problem I have seen him today like three times in Virginia heights. Why is his friends letting him fall down so far. If there not letting him then he should fall for not listening. It's as simple as this..... If its illegal don't do it..
Then why are you in Va Heights?
Problems

Princeton, WV

#19 Dec 29, 2012
Lol, I'm sure ol Ben would have said "heat up the kettle guys, I'm gonna make some meth so we can stay up for a week straight and form this country". A little advice for you, trying to argue legalization of a useless narcotic by citing historical figures just makes you look foolish
sick nasty

Princeton, WV

#20 Dec 29, 2012
That Adam kid is not what you think. I have been with him all day he hasn't been nowhere near Virginia hights.. tell another lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rich Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wolf creek 1 hr Crazies 4
Jason Hare (Jul '10) 2 hr Not good 54
Kevin (Aug '13) 7 hr WTF 77
Pembroke mayor 14 hr wondering 1
mykl olsen (Apr '12) 15 hr ashley44 21
County deputys 19 hr sheriff Andy 25
Re-elect Millions sherriff Sat citizen 3
More from around the web

Rich Creek People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE