First Prev
of 7
Next Last
time2change

Roanoke, VA

#1 Aug 25, 2012
Just want to state my opinion and not start a discussion here.I went to the game last night as I always do with high hopes of "this being the year we turn things around",let me break the news to you good people,there will never be a "year we turn things around"!!!Football and all sports here is a JOKE with the coaching they have.
Why in the world do we have 12 coaches,give or take 2 or 3?I know people say strength and conditioning coaches are some of them but that's a joke caused every team is stronger,faster,and better condition than us.These "strenght coaches",why are they even on the sidelines during games?All the other teams get a good laugh when they see all of our "coaches",especially when they almost outnumber our players.
I also get tired of people blaming the fans for not being into the game and yelling.At the start of every game the fans are loud but when you have nothing to cheer about,people will sit down and get quite.The students at Narrows now show no school spirit and that is alot of the ones that need to be cheering.I'm not blaming any student or player,THE BLAME falls to the coaching staff!Every coach needs to be fired from high school all the way down to 7th and 8th grade in every sport and if people don't believe me just sit around and watch it continue for years to come until they do clean house and actually get some coaching in here.I have seen a few practices and then I go to game and learn that players that missed 3 WEEKS of practice plus the benefit game are still allowed to play,wth?That is 1 example of bad coaching,bet that wouldn't happen at any other school around here but it's not the boys fault because coach let him get by with it.NHS has turned out to be a joke and will stay that way until they wipe the slate clean,you would thing that the coaches would care enough about these kids to resign but we all know their egos are too big for that.
To all the players,I am behind you 100%!I just feel terrible because you are the ones that suffer because of the terrible coaching staff and grown-ups that are in charge that will not stand up for you boys and take action to get this thing turned around because their is enough talent to win some games.I am glad my kids are grown and moved away because if I was a parent,I would try to be doing something about it.
Like I said this is just my opinion and not here to offend anyone but everyone knows this is all very true.Trash me all you want but deep-down,you know I have spoken some truth.Now I hope parents and fed-up fans get involved and start working on a solution to get some new coaching in here for these players and school's sake!They deserve better coaching and at least a chance to win some games this year in all sports.
narrows fan

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Aug 25, 2012
I disagree with u. They have made improvements this year but it killed narrows when their quarterback got hurt in the first scrimmage. They've had to make a lot of changes because of that. When he comes back I hope that you see things different. I am going to say that the one quarterbacking now is doing his best considering he has never quarterbacked before.

Also I disgaree about your statement about the coaches. Coaches can only do so much the boys have to want it to win it. I applaud the defense last night for their hard work. I believe that's the best game our defense has ever had.

You say you're behind the boys 100% what a joke. If you was you wouldn't be on here downing them. This is the first game of the season and you're already on here running you mouth about how horrible their coaches are. If you're going to be behind the kids you have to give the coaches a chance too. They do take time out of their day to help our kids and there has been improvements made since previous years.

Just let the kids play, coaches coach, refs ref and support the TEAM!!!!!
oh please

Princeton, WV

#4 Aug 25, 2012
Different year.... same crap.. honestly, you think you would have run out of excuses after al these years...
narrows fan

Saint Albans, WV

#5 Aug 25, 2012
Just support the players and kids. People get down on them all the time. Its no wonder the team is the way it is with NO support and all NEGATIVE comments.
time2change

Roanoke, VA

#6 Aug 25, 2012
narrows fan wrote:
I disagree with u. They have made improvements this year but it killed narrows when their quarterback got hurt in the first scrimmage. They've had to make a lot of changes because of that. When he comes back I hope that you see things different. I am going to say that the one quarterbacking now is doing his best considering he has never quarterbacked before.
Also I disgaree about your statement about the coaches. Coaches can only do so much the boys have to want it to win it. I applaud the defense last night for their hard work. I believe that's the best game our defense has ever had.
You say you're behind the boys 100% what a joke. If you was you wouldn't be on here downing them. This is the first game of the season and you're already on here running you mouth about how horrible their coaches are. If you're going to be behind the kids you have to give the coaches a chance too. They do take time out of their day to help our kids and there has been improvements made since previous years.
YOU NEED TO GO BACK AND READ MY POST!I never once put the boys down,they are playing their hearts out and I never said anything bad about the players.I SUPPORT THEM!I know the qb got hurt but the one in there now is just as good and is a AWESOME ATHLETE,he will be a great qb.I talked of the coaches and I stand by what I say on that but you need to quit saying I said things that I didn't because my opinion is right there in front of you if you just read it.Go buy Bluefield paper today and look at picture from game,look at background and tell me if you see 2 people standing with their arms crossed and no,they are not players just people on our sideline that makes everyone laugh because we have so many of them on our sidelines.Again,just my opinion.1 more thing,you say let coaches coach-well we have been letting them coach for how many years now?How much longer they need to learn to coach?The players are better and older than last year but if coaching don't change,well we all know what happens with these same coaches.Just my opinion and btw I am 100% Green Wave and stand behind the players all the way!
narrows fan

Saint Albans, WV

#7 Aug 25, 2012
Just for your information that comment wasn't directed towards just you! There are other people making comments about the players that the thread about narrows football that had already been started this year.

Also, the new principle already said if we had another losing season coaches were gone from my understanding, but I don't place all the blame on the coaches either. Yes, some things coaches could do different but not everything is the coaches fault.

Another thing, the qb in there now isn't just as good as the starting qb that got hurt. All of the kids are awesome athletes, but some people are better at certain positions as others. Don't get me wrong I think the qb now is doing his best and has improved tremendously just like the rest of the team. They all deserve props for that.

Hopefully as the season goes on we will only continue getting better each game. Then, by the time for district games we will show them what we are made of and what we are capable of doing.

Last, the only thing I suggest is just go out support the team, cheer them on no matter if we are losing or winning. The players need to know that we are still proud of them no matter what and that we are behind them 110%

Go Greenwaves!!!:)
Didntknow

Princeton, WV

#8 Aug 25, 2012
I didn't know the principal made decisions regarding coaches, that is interesting. I doubt it's true since the school board approves everything but interesting anyway
time2change

Roanoke, VA

#9 Aug 25, 2012
sorry Narrows Fan,I thought you had directed it at me.I would never put down these young kids in anyway shape or form and that's why I became offensive.I wasn't aware that there was people putting down the players on other posts because that is totally wrong to do that.We all have to support the players and stand behind them win or lose and I will til the day I die as a Green Wave.I will be at every game this year and look forward to the rest of the season,as I have done for the last 30 years.My main point was that there comes a time when you have to hold the coaches accountable and take action for the interest of the kids that are busting their tail day in and day out because these kids deserve the best coaches they can have and give them a chance to succeed.I hear the best coach in town is Coach Perdue in little league,maybe we can get him in there.I sure remember watching him in school and he was an awesome athlete.Very fast and tough runner.
narrows fan

Saint Albans, WV

#10 Aug 25, 2012
DidntKnow: she may not be the one to make the decision but I'm sure if she wants it done and proves valid points to the school board then it will get done.

time2change: i do agree with u there. Kids need all the support they can get. We all have different opinions when it comes to football and many other different topics. I will also be at every football game cheering on our team. As for coach Perdue, I've never watched little league, but I've heard he was a good ball player in high school and he probably knows more about football than I do I'm just there as support to the team.
point being

United States

#11 Aug 25, 2012
Gracious!!! This much grumbling over 1 game? I will direct my comment to you @time2change. When I first read your comment, it did seem that you were putting down the players, students, as well as the coaches and community. You said that you are not blaming the students, then say that they show no school spirit? Isnt that placing blame? You state that you are not blaming the players then state that some missed 3 weeks of practice and the benefit game? Did you bother to check out why? You also didnt blame the community. You get tired of hearing people blame them. Then almost in the same sentence, you state how they dont get behind the team? Why would you fire 7th & 8th grade coaches? Are you not blameng them too? Maybe you should read your posting again and see how you would take it. Its only my opinion of how I took your comment.
Ted

Newport, VA

#12 Aug 25, 2012
new quarterback the reason.... hmmm, didn't know he played 11 positions on defense also. james monroe is a good team and will win a lot of games.
narrows fan

Saint Albans, WV

#13 Aug 25, 2012
Who said anything about new quarterback being the reason for anything?

I wasn't impressed with James Monroe they've had better stronger teams in the past. Just my opinion.
Really

Lewisburg, WV

#14 Aug 25, 2012
ok, its just one game in. Its ashame that it has begun again on this brd. I was at the game, and the scrimages, and practices. I watch and I keep my comments MOST of the time to myself. The problem is (my opinion); is that NONE of the coaches have college exp. in PLAYING the game. You look at the schools with coaches that played at the next level D2 or D1 college programs. Just because you were good or great in high school dosent mean you know the game. Perdue might have been good in high school, but I dont think he would make a good hs coach. And for the qb comparison, yes the kid playing now is doing the best that he can with what little reps he has had. Problem there is his arm strength. It showed last night that he doesnt have the arm strength to get the ball out there to #10 like the #8 kid. Hopefully the kid will be back soon, and the qb now can go back to were they had him before #8 got hurt. At the 1st scrimmage before #8 got hurt, they were throwing and running the ball pretty darn good.Glorified hs stars as hs coaches just dont work. Maybe the school brd or who ever has the power over gettting new coaches will do so. I havent seen a coach have so many losing season and still coach. Again, these are just my opinions on this. Hope the #8 kid can come back and everyone can paly the positions they have been in and this new offense should take off.
who are you kidding

Princeton, WV

#15 Aug 25, 2012
narrows fan wrote:
Either your child is one who misses pratice on a regular basis or maybe you were at another game, nhs has been and will be a joke until changes are made 12 coaches on the side line oh please, one year the homecoming court was right up there with the coaches, more of them than players, and that needs to be done by someone other than the coaches and their wives, the homecoming court should be done out side of the school by people who don't have family or family friends that they feel needs to be on the court, the players who play major spots should be picked by a coach who has no interest in the outcome, and picks on the talent of the player, its a sad day, when i was in school we took pride in these things not anymore the teams have kids whose parents who they want to live their life through their child I see a lot of that. And cheerleaders who run up and down the bleachers, for what ever reason I have no clue, its sad when you see the other teams cheerleaders togather sitting and waiting to start cheering and staying that way until it is time to start, and then watch them in perfect unision to the point where they don't even look at each other and still stays in step, there are alot of changes that need to be made. While ours are looking around talking, laughing or just about anything accept cheering, that looks bad on the sponsors, but apparently they don't care that everyone laughs at our cheerleading squad either. I would rather consolidate that watch this mess year after year football, cheerleading etc, are a joke
who are you kidding

Princeton, WV

#16 Aug 25, 2012
Really wrote:
ok, its just one game in. Its ashame that it has begun again on this brd. I was at the game, and the scrimages, and practices. I watch and I keep my comments MOST of the time to myself. The problem is (my opinion); is that NONE of the coaches have college exp. in PLAYING the game. You look at the schools with coaches that played at the next level D2 or D1 college programs. Just because you were good or great in high school dosent mean you know the game. Perdue might have been good in high school, but I dont think he would make a good hs coach. And for the qb comparison, yes the kid playing now is doing the best that he can with what little reps he has had. Problem there is his arm strength. It showed last night that he doesnt have the arm strength to get the ball out there to #10 like the #8 kid. Hopefully the kid will be back soon, and the qb now can go back to were they had him before #8 got hurt. At the 1st scrimmage before #8 got hurt, they were throwing and running the ball pretty darn good.Glorified hs stars as hs coaches just dont work. Maybe the school brd or who ever has the power over gettting new coaches will do so. I havent seen a coach have so many losing season and still coach. Again, these are just my opinions on this. Hope the #8 kid can come back and everyone can paly the positions they have been in and this new offense should take off.
I watched alot of these hs coaches in school, yes Coach Perdue was an awesome player, I haven't seen his coaching, so can't comment, but I also watched the others play, who thought they were good, we all must have been at another game or kidding ourselves that is why I was surprised they were coaching when I moved back. but I have also seen that Good old boy thing is still here, it will make you or break you and NHS is broke.
tex

El Segundo, CA

#17 Aug 25, 2012
I would like to see Narrows revive their sports program but when you have Buckland and Webb around they want Giles to be good and narrows to be terrible again,I guarantee if Giles went 0--10 a couple of years there would be major changes.Narrows needs to grab up a young coach and surround him with good assistant coaches.Bill Patteson probably only had one assistant coach on the sidelines
narrows fan

Saint Albans, WV

#18 Aug 25, 2012
Why does everyone look at the amount of coaches. Giles up the road have far more then narrows. But I guess that's ok. Well east Mont here we come. If we play like we played in the first Quaternary the whole game good things will happen
Da Truth

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Aug 25, 2012
Principals are in charge of athletic coaching staff. Contracts are appoved by SBO but only at principal request. So theoretically...and I don't know if she does...the new principal could tell Lowe to ship out. But the flip side is, there isn't a quality coach for a hundred miles willing to touch Narrows Football.
tex

El Segundo, CA

#20 Aug 25, 2012
I disagree,I said young coach and I think there are some out there that would love the opportunity
tex

El Segundo, CA

#22 Aug 25, 2012
Sounds like someone got their feathers ruffled.The truth is you always have a good fan base at Narrows,they are fans that are salivating for teams like we used to have until those Lowes came along.Speaking of coaches we had Donnie jackson in Narrows and Jeff Williams in Narrows and Joe Fraley in Narrows and did nothing to keep them????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rich Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keeping It In The Family I Reckon??? 2 hr Curious 9
Places that hire felons around here? (Oct '13) 4 hr Hello 18
Rob holston (Mar '17) Fri Just me 3
kevin red head man from rocky gap Fri County 2
Eat at Tommy Dunns Fri Noway 3
Propane Delivery Oct 17 Just Wondering 4
crime times (May '11) Oct 17 OMG 103

Rich Creek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance