Dogs barking at night
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just a thought

Princeton, WV

#1 Sep 10, 2012
I wish people would think before they call the police about dogs barking.We live in a county that is mostly wooded and deer run up and down through the yards and streets at night.Naturally outdoor dogs are going to bark at the deer.
When you complain to the police,you could be causing some child's dog to go to the pound.Let's face it folks,most of you have air conditioning and heat pumps.Your windows are closed,so how much can it really bother you.I can hear dogs barking all over my neighborhood at night.I don't jump up and call the police.
I also hear kids walking up the road talking out loud to all hours.I hear cars going by with loud stereos blasting at 3,4,5 in the morning.In summer,neighbors are out weed-eating at 7a.m.In winter the next door heat pump wakes me all through the night.
Why don't we try having a little tolerance for each other.We could all be in trouble over the noise ordinance at different times.
Tightenup

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#2 Sep 10, 2012
And dog owners need to keep their dogs inside or get a bark collar for them. Nothing worse than an annoying dog barking all night long while you are trying to sleep. Total lack of respect on the dog owners part to let the animal bark constantly all night long and not doing a damn thing about it.
just a thought

Princeton, WV

#3 Sep 10, 2012
Tightenup wrote:
And dog owners need to keep their dogs inside or get a bark collar for them. Nothing worse than an annoying dog barking all night long while you are trying to sleep. Total lack of respect on the dog owners part to let the animal bark constantly all night long and not doing a damn thing about it.
Most dogs don't bark all night.They bark once in a while when there is a disturbance in the neighborhood.All dogs aren't kept in the house and bark collars are a cruel,needless expense.Some people need to think of all the noise they make that could be cause for a call to the authorities.
That was the point of my post.Most of my neighbors make noise during the night and early morning that could be seen as breaking the noise ordinance.That's why it would pay for neighbors to be more tolerant of each other.

Since: Jan 11

Pearisburg

#4 Sep 10, 2012
I sleep with the windows open and I don't hear any dogs barking all night.They usually bark at nocturnal animals and cars. I find my human neighbors much noisier and I hold them more responsible because they should know better.
Good Grief

Princeton, WV

#5 Sep 10, 2012
Want to complain about noise?What about those jacked up trucks with the super loud exhaust.When those fire up about four in the morning,no one is getting any sleep.
I'd rather hear a dog bark.The dog might be alerting the owners to an intruder or at least a possum in the garbage.
Then there is the loud stereos parading up and down the road at night.I'm up several times a night due to people noise.
Kiss my Butt

Princeton, WV

#6 Sep 10, 2012
Tightenup wrote:
Boy, are you a piece of work, I also hear dogs barking at night and have 3 of my own, do you think I get up and say oh need to call the police, they woke me up. There are a number of reasons dogs bark at night, one to warn of an intruder, some are afraid of the dark, others are not outside dogs and the owners don't know any better (I hope) a shock collar is cruel, I would be willing to bet you are one who drives with his radio full blast, or has a truck that would wake the dead when started. We all have our faults, even dogs, bet you have some as well, if you don't like the dogs barking buy a pair of ear plugs and get over it.
U R Right

Princeton, WV

#7 Sep 10, 2012
just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Most dogs don't bark all night.They bark once in a while when there is a disturbance in the neighborhood.All dogs aren't kept in the house and bark collars are a cruel,needless expense.Some people need to think of all the noise they make that could be cause for a call to the authorities.
That was the point of my post.Most of my neighbors make noise during the night and early morning that could be seen as breaking the noise ordinance.That's why it would pay for neighbors to be more tolerant of each other.
I agree with you and the post kiss my you know, people do need to be more tolerant, my neighbors don't make that much noise, its the trucks, and radios blairing at night. My neighbors and I all leave really early for work, but we still don't jump up and call the police on the trucks, and radios, or each other, some people aren't as lucky as we are we all get along really well here/

Since: Jul 10

Narrows

#8 Sep 10, 2012
I live in the Hollar and have my windows open all night,too.From my house I can hear trucks on the highway and the train and I don't hear any dogs barking all night.The dogs get started when there is traffic or night creatures out and about.It doesn't last long at a time.
There has been alot of talk about thefts in the area,so better to pay attention when the dogs bark.
twilight

United States

#9 Sep 18, 2012
Tightenup wrote:
well dogs are dogs they bark thats what they do..and they warn you of danger and let you know when someone or something is around so before you go running your mouth about a poor little innocent dog of barking remember one day that same barking dog may save your life. Dogs bark they were made that way thats how they communicate just like you communicate by talking...im sure there are better things to complain about than a barking dog.
Da Truth

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Sep 18, 2012
Plus, if they don't stop, just do what we do in the holler. walk to the fence and pee on them. That'll at least make you feel better.
point being

United States

#11 Sep 19, 2012
Oh good day! I cant believe someone is complaining over a dog barking. They are dogs, thats what they do. Like someone said, if they sense a disturbance, they are going to bark and alert their owner. I can tune a dog out way better than, thumping music from car sterios, drunks/dopers trying to out talk one another or fight, loud exhausts, trains, etc. I bet some of you have your TV up louder than what a dogs barking is on game day or when you are watching that race. Some people are just looking for reasons to call and complain to the law. Wonder if they would feel stupid if ask...
QUESTION: Have you ever called the law before?
ANSWER: yes
QUESTION: why
ANSWER: dog barking
QUESTION: did they arrest the dog for disturbing the peace?
ME:::::: Hope this makes you phone happy, police calling people ask yourself what you sound like before you make that next call. Emergencey, YES please call if someone is breaking into your home, or theres a fire, wreck, someones having a heart attack etc. Something stupid like a dog barking, give them a break....
Peter

Humble, TX

#12 Sep 24, 2012
If you're going to own a dog , make sure you take The proper care ,training, people to say oh "dogs are dogs they will bark " come on they are like kids train them be a responsible animal owner
my view

United States

#13 Sep 25, 2012
Peter wrote:
If you're going to own a dog , make sure you take The proper care ,training, people to say oh "dogs are dogs they will bark " come on they are like kids train them be a responsible animal owner
i feel if a dog is out doors if they want to bark they can seriously what is a dog barking really doing to you??? A poor innocent dog now come on people geez if thats all you have to moan and groan about then your doing good...maybe you need to be trained to stop your endless pouting and complaining.
point being

United States

#14 Sep 26, 2012
Peter wrote:
Do your dogs like you do your kids? Do you train your kids to sit, fetch, and get your slippers? When they learn to do that, they get a treat? Or Do you train your kids to speak only when spoken to? To play when you have time to allow them to? This is one crazy statement.
Did you ever stop to think that things you do may bother your neighbors? What if they called the law on you everytime you made a noise? Sounds crazy doesnt it. After all you are only human. Maybe your parents didnt train you to be quiet as a mouse.
Tired of the barking

Senoia, GA

#15 Nov 10, 2012
I came to this site after trying to find resources to help me with my neighbor's noisy dog. Yes dog barking is very bothersome. I have a neighbor who has a bird dog. His bark is very loud and constant. I also live near a highway - jake brakes, loud stereos, sirens. But those noises come and go. The ambulance goes on by. It doesn't sit on the road for hours making noise. However the dog does not stop barking for hours. And at night it's louder because of the absence of road noise. I asked them nicely to do something about it. They did not and actually admitted they've had other complaints. It is very rude of them to allow it knowing it bothers people. Listening to a dog bark non stop like that is like listening to a baby cry constantly - which happens to be a torture technique.
just a thought

Princeton, WV

#16 Nov 10, 2012
How do you stop it?
Snoopy

Blacksburg, VA

#17 Nov 11, 2012
Tired of the barking wrote:
I came to this site after trying to find resources to help me with my neighbor's noisy dog. Yes dog barking is very bothersome. I have a neighbor who has a bird dog. His bark is very loud and constant. I also live near a highway - jake brakes, loud stereos, sirens. But those noises come and go. The ambulance goes on by. It doesn't sit on the road for hours making noise. However the dog does not stop barking for hours. And at night it's louder because of the absence of road noise. I asked them nicely to do something about it. They did not and actually admitted they've had other complaints. It is very rude of them to allow it knowing it bothers people. Listening to a dog bark non stop like that is like listening to a baby cry constantly - which happens to be a torture technique.
I can totally relate. I had a next door neighbor that used to tie their dog up outside. It would howl & moan & bark & cry all night long, over and over and over again...because it wanted inside the house. It was so annoying and kept all of us awake...after several agonizing weeks and complaints from the other neighbors they finally gave it away to someone that lived out in the country, where the dog could roam around more and bark & howl all it wanted, because there were no other houses around like it was here in town. I realize all dogs aren't alike, and I have other neighbors that have dogs and they will bark every now and then, but nothing out of the ordinary or bothersome like that one dog...it was a nightmare.
just a thought

Princeton, WV

#18 Nov 11, 2012
I grew up in Giles couny andI thought this was the country.
interested44

Princeton, WV

#19 Nov 11, 2012
Peter wrote:
In order to train the dog......you have to have more sense than the dog! Today, people train their dogs like they train their children...NOT!!!
Good Grief

Princeton, WV

#20 Nov 11, 2012
Way too many city people have moved here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rich Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dana thompson 1 hr friend 2
Stephen Bolden (Mar '11) 3 hr Melissa Ann 12
Hot Moms in Gco. 11 hr Mike 4
Giles incumbents (Jun '15) 14 hr Fed up 2
Amanda fain 22 hr Dontask1 11
Wallace Thrasher (Aug '10) Sun Bubba 233
Anne Campbell at giles co va clinic above the h... Jan 31 kidsfirst 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rich Creek Mortgages